Past Endora-Winning Diva to Chair GOProud’s Advisory Council

Posted by B. Daniel Blatt at 5:40 pm - May 5, 2010.
Filed under: Divas,Gay Conservatives (Homocons),GOProud,Strong Women

Today, GOProud announced that Tammy Bruce, the 2009 Conservative Blogress Diva Regent (AKA the Endora), will will chair the group’s newly formed Advisory Council.

Calling the diva talk show host “one of the most influential voices in the conservative movement today,” Christopher Barron, Chairman of GOProud’s Board, said the group is honored to have her as part of the GOProud team”:

GOProud’s Avisory Council will be made up of prominent conservative leaders in the media, public-policy and politics who will serve as a resource for GOProud’s Board and staff. Barron said, “The addition the Advisory Council as a part of GOProud’s leadership structure will allow us to draw on the talent and expertise of prominent conservative leaders from a variety of backgrounds to help us to advance our mission.”

Tammy was our guest in March at the Claremont Institute dinner honoring Vice President Cheney.

On her blog, Tammy writes:

As you all know I am an Independent Conservative without party affiliation, and despite its name GOProud is not associated with the Republican Party. It is instead a group for conservative gays who are committed to promoting the conservative agenda in all of our efforts to confront and solve our nation’s problems. Here’s some coverage of the announcement. I am excited about GOProud and my association with them.

Even the Washington Post picked up on the story.  This is another sign that GOProud is picking up steam.  Tammy will be a real asset to the organization.

1. that is very exciting.

Comment by rusty — May 5, 2010 @ 6:00 pm - May 5, 2010

2. that is very exciting.

Comment by rusty — May 5, 2010 @ 6:00 pm - May 5, 2010

3. I love Tammy and this IS very exciting! She is HOT and she will move the group forward in a very positive way. Congratulations to Go Proud that is great! Hi TAMS!

Comment by jann — May 5, 2010 @ 6:54 pm - May 5, 2010

4. Just one date. One, that’s all I need.

As for GOProud, I know next to nothing about it. :-(

*Leaving to educate myself now.*

Comment by longviewcyclist — May 5, 2010 @ 7:44 pm - May 5, 2010

5. I have long admired Tammy because of her zeal for her issues, even though I don’t agree with her on all of them I respect her for her enthusiasm and respect for others. And yes she is hot!

Comment by BigShooter — May 5, 2010 @ 7:44 pm - May 5, 2010

6. This is good news for GoProud. Of course Tammy is hot. She’s also a tremendous ally to those who hope to restore sanity in this country.

Even though I’m a Libertarian, I would like to do more for GoProud than simply wear my t-shirt. Tammy will mobilize a lot of people.

Comment by Lori Heine — May 5, 2010 @ 7:57 pm - May 5, 2010

7. That’s fantastic and it certainly confirms that GOProud has formidable, intelligent people working to build its reputation nationally because Tammy would not commit to the advisory board of an organization without being convinced that its agenda and objectives are positive and that it is being run by people with integrity. I’ve never met her but having read all three of her books I have to assume that she agreed to be on the board only after vigorously conducting her due diligence concerning GOProud and its mission. If her tenure as the President of NOW’s LA chapter taught her anything, it’s that political organizations and what they stand for are not to be taken at face value (Tammy learned the sickening truth that the agenda of the National Organization of Women–and the Left generally–has nothing to do with improving women’s lives and everything to do with ensuring their perpetual victimhood and oppressed grievant status.)

Meeting Tammy is at the top of my bucket list. She’s brilliant, gorgeous, funny, and truly believes that the Left has about as much of a right to tell her whether she’s allowed to carry a pistol in her purse as they do to tell her what lipstick she should have in there. If I ever do get to meet her, I’m 99 percent sure that I can pull off playing it cool and not being so star-struck that she thinks I’m a freak or an obsessed stalker and that she has to summon security. But the truth is, I am a huge fan and I really admire her so it would be tough to play it cool while on the inside I would be screaming and lunging at her like one of those deranged 13-year-old girls who look like they are having epileptic fits every time Justin Bieber throws his head to the side to get his side-bangs to point “just so.” Best case scenario is that I can keep the giddiness at least one notch below the “Jack McFarland meeting Cher” level.

For similar reasons, if Ann Coulter and I are ever in the same room together it would probably be advisable for her to keep some tranquilizer darts handy. I’d probably open my mouth intending to politely ask her to sign a book, but it would come out “please let me paint your house, wax your car, pick up your dry cleaning, and walk three feet behind you carrying your purse and an ashtray for your convenience.”

When it comes to the beautiful, intelligent, funny, conservative divas–Bruce, Coulter, Malkin, Ingraham–I should definitely be on a watch list of some kind.

[GP Ed. Note (Bruce)]: LOL. She is the best. Although I’m starting to get confused since we share part of our name. For example, I thought you were referring to ME as a funny, conservative diva. (Dan, keep your mouth shut) Anyway, PatriotPartner & I did meet Ann Coulter at CPAC and she is a GayPatriot fan. Yes, name dropping. :)

Comment by Sean A — May 5, 2010 @ 8:17 pm - May 5, 2010

8. Funny stuff, Sean…but I totally know what you mean.

This is great news!

Comment by Richard — May 5, 2010 @ 8:47 pm - May 5, 2010

9. Ok now you’ve definitely piqued my interest in GOProud…

GP Ed. Note (Bruce): Tsk, tsk. I TOLD you so… how long ago? ;-)

Comment by John — May 5, 2010 @ 9:57 pm - May 5, 2010