Given, as I observed yesterday, that “clearly more gay men, more lesbians even, in the Tea Party movement than there are racists,” I’m surprised the homosexual Tea Party narrative has not yet taken hold. But, now that it’s out there, I’m beginning to wonder if the movement might start breaking apart, given what our critics tell us about social conservatives and the participation of known homosexuals in the Tea Party movement.
- At a recent Tea Party in Los Angeles, at least two openly gay men spoke, including one who has repeatedly called for allowing homosexuals to serve openly in the military.
- A lesbian was spotted at a Tea Party in Boston, proudly advertising her admiration for a homosexual web-site.
- A gay man advertised his sexuality at a Philadelphia Tea Party.
- A left-leaning lesbian has been seen at Tea Parties at multiple Los Angeles-area Tea Parties.
- A gay man boasted on the web about participating in a Pleasanton, CA Tea Party.
- Gay Patriots have been welcomed at the most recent LA Tea Party.
- A libertarian-leaning liberal Lutheran lesbian has been “making many friends from the local Tea Party movement” in Phoenix
And these are just some of the stories we have received of homosexuals participating in the Tea Party movement. We now have more examples of this gay infiltration of the movement than we do of ugly racial epithets hurled at these rallies. As soon as the media pick up on this narrative, we’re bound to see a social conservative exodus from the movement.