Patrick Guerriero Admits Leaving GOP

Posted by B. Daniel Blatt at 11:21 am - September 7, 2010.
Filed under: Log Cabin Republicans,Tim Gill Watch

File this in the category of things we already know, but were waiting to have acknowledged.

Just after the 2004 after the ostensibly Republican organization he headed quite publicly acknowledged its refusal to endorse the Republican nominee for president, Patrick Guerriero refused to tell a Washington Blade reporter which candidate he picked in the general election matchup.  You think that a Republican, even one unhappy with George W. Bush, would have a lot of trouble backing the then-Democratic nominee, a Mr. John Kerry.

He might have said he pinched his nose and voted Republican, given the alternative.

But, not the man who would soon go to work for Tim Gill!

Now, he admits what we already know.  In traveling to his native Bay State to “endorse Democrat Katherine Clark for State Senate“, our Patrick fesses up and says he’s left the GOP, changing his registration to Independent.

Does that make him an IINO?  Independent in Name Only.  Seems his real allegiance lies with the party of Tim Gill.

Will be interesting to see how the current leadership of Log Cabin responds.

1. Does that make him an IINO?

Since he’s gay, wouldn’t that make him a GIINO? Or is that just too nasty to think about?

Comment by ThatGayConservative — September 7, 2010 @ 2:35 pm - September 7, 2010

2. The real question: “Was Patrick EVER a Republican?” Or was it a matter of convenience, kind of like Tim Gill’s money flowing to Log Cabin Republicans in 2004.

Comment by Bruce (GayPatriot) — September 7, 2010 @ 2:39 pm - September 7, 2010

3. Why does the current LCR staff even need to comment? Patrick Guerriero has been gone for several years now and has no involvement with the organization. I recall Chris Barron being very involved when Guerriero was the head of the group. Perhaps he could give your readers some insight into the organization. I seem to remember that Chris Barron was also part of the organization when they failed to endorse GWB’r reelection. I don’t know if he was a voting board member, but I do seem to remember he was a member.

Comment by Stephen — September 7, 2010 @ 4:04 pm - September 7, 2010

4. I was in LCR at the time, was a chapter leader in Ohio. I voted for Kerry!!! How’s that for you?

In the last few years since that I voted locally more independently and only in 2008 did I change my registration to D to vote for Hillary in the primary to keep the fun going!! I am now back in the fold so to speak. But truthfully, both parties suck and have no true alleigance to either party though, of course, I am much more aligned with conservative thinking fiscally…and obviously not so much socially, as I have always been.

Comment by Dave Schulz — September 7, 2010 @ 4:23 pm - September 7, 2010

5. Thanks GP – I burst out laughing when I read this and have been chuckling all day…Mark

Comment by Mark Mead — September 7, 2010 @ 8:08 pm - September 7, 2010

6. Of course he was left the GOP.

He was no doubt riding his bike up the dirt bike with Tim Gill for a long time before leaving LCR and the GOP

Now he can financially ruin the Gill organization like he did Log Cabin.

Good riddance

Comment by Church Mouse Republican — September 7, 2010 @ 9:34 pm - September 7, 2010

7. [...] Patrick Guerriero Admits Leaving GOP [...]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Upcoming Log Cabin (Republicans) Board Meeting — September 7, 2010 @ 9:54 pm - September 7, 2010

8. [...] gaypatriot.net) [...]

Pingback by Patrick Guerriero leaves Republican Party : Washington Blade – LGBTQ News — September 8, 2010 @ 11:52 am - September 8, 2010