Is this the way for a Republican to win the gay vote?

Posted by B. Daniel Blatt at 11:37 am - September 13, 2010.
Filed under: 2008 Elections,Pelosi Watch

Well, he is running in San Francisco. Against Nancy Pelosi.

1. The commercial has a great hook to get attention in San Francisco. However, the woman playing Nancy Pelosi is way too young; she needed to be older & ramble more. She also needed to ride a botox needle instead of a broom.

Comment by Sebastian Shaw — September 13, 2010 @ 11:57 am - September 13, 2010

2. I loved the disclaimer at the end about the McCain-Feingold “Incumbent Protection Act.” This guy has wit.

Comment by Judith L — September 13, 2010 @ 12:33 pm - September 13, 2010

3. OMG. Hilarious… and he has my vote. If I lived in San Francisco.

Comment by bastiat fan — September 13, 2010 @ 1:06 pm - September 13, 2010

4. Well since I don’t live in CA I will only say it was just campy enough to give me a grin and was negative without being nasty. 3 stars….I concur regarding actress playing Pelosi….they were VERY kind to her.

We will need more than water to get rid of Shelia Jackson Lee in my district!!!! She would survive a nuclear blast….

Comment by Jay — September 13, 2010 @ 1:34 pm - September 13, 2010

5. If only it were as easy as throwing a bucket of water…

Comment by Draybee — September 13, 2010 @ 2:09 pm - September 13, 2010

6. Gay men and lesbians in San Francisco, CA should vote for John Dennis. Nancy Pelosi is just another corrupt politician. Its not just Democrats and Republicans, its the entire Congress. That is where real change occurs.

We need to elect California politicians that embrace traditional conservative and libertarian values. No more of the angry Leftists and zany Right that have dominated California for decades.

Comment by Totakikay — September 13, 2010 @ 5:59 pm - September 13, 2010

7. As a proud gay man, I can say that all the GOP has to do to get my vote is run an ad featuring Judy Garland.

That and support gay marriage. And universal health care. And reproductive rights for women. And repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell. And Net Neutrality. And Cap and Trade.

But the Judy Garland is most important.

Comment by Luigi Vuoto — September 13, 2010 @ 7:16 pm - September 13, 2010

8. WOW! That’s the first time I’ve ever smiled at anything that even contains the word Pelosi!

Comment by Sonicfrog — September 13, 2010 @ 7:17 pm - September 13, 2010

9. Finally, a political ad this season that is actually entertaining. I saw it on FOX about an hour ago, and the people behind O’Reilly’s camera were cracking up afterwards. (Not that that ever happened before.)

Points for imagination to Mr. Dennis. And the Judy Garland angle surely cannot have been a coincidence.

Let’s hope if he actually pulls off a miracle and beats Pelosi, he shows as much wit on the job.

Comment by Lori Heine — September 13, 2010 @ 9:17 pm - September 13, 2010

10. If only Sharron Angle’s campaign had the creativity to run something like this!

Comment by Kurt — September 13, 2010 @ 11:00 pm - September 13, 2010

11. Yes! Yes! This is the way to get the gay vote. Have a freaking sense of humor. And play up the fact that Don’t Ask Don’t Tell got repealed because of Log Cabin Republicans.

Comment by Coco Rico — September 14, 2010 @ 1:58 am - September 14, 2010

12. Coco, you nailed it: Have a freaking sense of humor

Comment by B. Daniel Blatt — September 14, 2010 @ 2:05 am - September 14, 2010

13. This is hillarious, to bad the district is so messed up that is will vote for Pelosi over and over and over again.

Comment by HCN — September 15, 2010 @ 12:43 am - September 15, 2010