Blech.

I’ve been major-league sick since returning from New York City on Sunday night.  Fever, stuffy head — fullblown NyQuil cold.

Anyway, my apologies for the silence — I haven’t felt much like doing anything but staying in bed.

Regarding post-HOMOCON stories, thanks to Dan for keeping up with it.  I may have more to say, but I think Lisa DePasquale who was there had the best article (which Dan linked to earlier this week).

Anyway, aside from the cold — New York & HOMOCON was a blast.  I got to meet a number of long-time GayPatriot readers and others in the Gay Conservative movement.   New and old friends alike!

A special thanks to the lovely and smart Tammy Bruce and John Phillips (handsome & smart!) for their hospitality Saturday evening!!!

More later.  *sniffle*

-Bruce (GayPatriot)

1. I caught a 24 hour fever virus awhile back. The Tylenol worked wonders more than the Day-Quil & Night-Quil.

Comment by Sebastian Shaw — September 30, 2010 @ 8:43 pm - September 30, 2010

2. It was great meeting you at HOMOCON…..I came home without a cold….must have been AFTER the party 🙂

OK, to follow up on the Tylenol suggestion…if you have aches and fever alternate the Tylenol with Advil, every 4 hrs you are taking something BUT you will feel well enough to get back to your blogging wonderful self.

For the cough, nothing is better over the counter than DELSYM….1 teaspoon twice a day…IT REALLY WORKS and taste great (orange or grape).

Feel better soon and thank you for all you do to give voice to conservative gays everywhere.

JEB

Comment by Jay — September 30, 2010 @ 9:05 pm - September 30, 2010

3. I have asked around and three people recommend a few hot toddies. That would be about 9, by my math.

Comment by Heliotrope — September 30, 2010 @ 10:12 pm - September 30, 2010

4. Feel better. Use the time to read and rest. If anyone asks if you are feeling better, pull your blankets close to your neck like Ferris Bueller and ask for a cup of hot soup.

Comment by Tom — September 30, 2010 @ 10:33 pm - September 30, 2010

5. Hope you’re feeling better Bruce. In Australia, we often use eucalyptus oil for colds and chest congestion. Then again, we also hunt and eat kangaroos – so see your doctor!

Comment by Ben — October 1, 2010 @ 12:29 am - October 1, 2010

6. Hope you feel better soon. At least you didn’t bring bedbugs home with you! (or DID you!)

Comment by American Elephant — October 1, 2010 @ 12:36 am - October 1, 2010

7. Told you…

Damn dirty New Yorkers and their Bed Bug infestations…

hehe

Comment by Stone K — October 1, 2010 @ 2:51 am - October 1, 2010

8. I have asked around and three people recommend a few hot toddies.

Our family doctor, when I was growing up, recommended one that involved vodka, lemon juice and honey. Don’t know the measurements, but I suppose you mix enough of each that you can tolerate.

Yeah, what’s with all this fascination with bed bugs all of a sudden? It’s like the media’s latest Death du Jour coverage of the next plague that’s gonna wipe us all out.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — October 1, 2010 @ 3:39 am - October 1, 2010

9. Come to think on it, I can’t remember the last time I had a cold. I’m concerned, though, since I haven’t been able to maintain my ETOH levels, I may be in for a rough winter.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — October 1, 2010 @ 4:25 am - October 1, 2010

10. ‘Cus there have been a bunch of infestations in NYC recently and because they’re nasty, infest your mattress, are very hard to detect, feed on you while you sleep, spread very easily, and are very expensive and very, very difficult to get rid of.

Comment by American Elephant — October 1, 2010 @ 7:30 am - October 1, 2010

11. We did escape the Bed Bug Plague. 🙂

Comment by Bruce (GayPatriot) — October 1, 2010 @ 8:58 am - October 1, 2010

12. oh, and DDT was (past tense) one of the only effective ways of getting rid of them. But thanks to liberals and their visceral hatred of any scientific advancement that doesn’t involve snuffing human babies — we can’t use DDT anymore — even though all the complaints against it have been proven to be a big load.

Comment by American Elephant — October 1, 2010 @ 10:58 am - October 1, 2010

13. Actually two hotels I have worked for in the Bay area have had incidents involving bedbugs.

it will be a very big problem in Ca. very soon.

Comment by Stone K — October 1, 2010 @ 3:51 pm - October 1, 2010