Grande Conservative Blogress Diva 2011

Posted by B. Daniel Blatt at 2:46 am - December 24, 2010.
Filed under: Blogging,Blogress Divas

After extensive consultations with our committee, we have determined that the following blogresses, divas all, are the nominees for the coveted honor of Grande Conservative Blogress Diva 2011, the tiara commonly known as the “Ethel” in honor of one of perhaps the greatest Republican diva of all time.

Runners up will be honored as Conservative Blogress Diva Regent, also known as the Agnes or Endora in honor of another staunchly Republican diva.

Remember, to qualify as a conservative blogress diva, a nominee need only be a strong woman who commands the respect of gay male conservatives. She need not be conservative herself.

Who should be the Grande Conservative Blogress Diva for 2011
Fausta
Pam Meister
Jill of Pundit and Pundette (also at Potluck)
No Sheeples Here
Neo-neocon
Robin of Berkeley
Clarice Feldman (of American Thinker)
Elizabeth Scalia (AKA The Anchoress)
Ann Althouse
Sister Toldjah
Dr. Helen
Michelle Malkin
Tammy Bruce
Cassy Fiano
Melissa Clouthier
Mary Katharine Ham (Weekly Standard)
pollcode.com free polls

Let the cat fight competition begin.

You can vote once a day until midnight on December 31, 2010.

1. Win or lose, I am honored to be nominated alongside so many powerful conservative female bloggers.

My sincere best wishes to ALL the nominees.

Comment by No Sheeples Here — December 24, 2010 @ 4:32 am - December 24, 2010

2. All of the above nominees are terrific, but I am pulling for Jill. Pundit & Pundette, in addition to being awesome also has the very best blogroll and all kinds of other great stuff going on in the margins, AND, Jill is the mastermind behind the Potluck Bloggers where she has assembled a group of Conservative female bloggers in a cornucopia of right bloggy goodness. I am a new addition to the Potluck Bloggers and do my best not to gush like a crazed fangirl there but look at all the wonderful people I get to be in the company of:

Adrienne’s Corner
    Obi’s Sister
    Politicaljunkie Mom
    Pundit & Pundette
    Retriever
    Ruby Slippers
    Shout First, Ask Questions Later

I want Jill to win because she truly is GRANDE and because she has gone out of her way to help other bloggers, including relatively obscure noobs like me.

I love me some No Sheeples, too though.

Best of luck to everybody, all of the nominees are fabulous!

Comment by Zilla — December 24, 2010 @ 8:16 am - December 24, 2010

3. Vote once a day!? How are we supposed to cheat? How can we stuff the ballot box? Do the dead get to vote?

Eric Hines

Comment by E Hines — December 24, 2010 @ 8:30 am - December 24, 2010

4. #2 – Eric, please. What do you take us for, Democrats?

Sorry, couldn’t resist. ;-)

Regards,
    Peter H.

PS – I prefer the term “Endora” rather than “Agnes.”

Comment by Peter Hughes — December 24, 2010 @ 10:03 am - December 24, 2010

5. I’m pulling for Cassy. Sure I didn’t agree with everything she wrote at Hot Air, but I liked it overall and the attitude reminds me fondly of many a mil-wife from my childhood. God bless them all.

Comment by John — December 24, 2010 @ 11:15 am - December 24, 2010

6. [...] their blog.” Gay Patriot (a great site, highly recommended) is holding their annual vote for Grande Conservative Blogress Diva for 2011, and our own Sister Toldjah is one of the [...]

Pingback by Vote for ST! « Sister Toldjah — December 24, 2010 @ 11:16 am - December 24, 2010

7. [...] their blog.” Gay Patriot (a great site, highly recommended) is holding their annual vote for Grande Conservative Blogress Diva for 2011, and my blog-buddy Sister Toldjah is one of the [...]

Pingback by A vote for Sister Toldjah is a vote for America « Public Secrets — December 24, 2010 @ 11:53 am - December 24, 2010

8. I am so honored to be nominated – thank you! :)

Comment by Sister Toldjah — December 24, 2010 @ 12:00 pm - December 24, 2010

9. Who’s “the committee”?

Comment by ThatGayConservative — December 24, 2010 @ 12:03 pm - December 24, 2010

10. [...] guys at Gay Patriot have nominated me for Grande Conservative Blogress Diva 2011. It’s an honor and a real pleasure to be nominated, so please vote for me daily until [...]

Pingback by Fausta’s Blog » Blog Archive » Vote for me! — December 24, 2010 @ 12:54 pm - December 24, 2010

11. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Erik Benson. Erik Benson said: RT @silvercutie: GayPatriot » Grande Conservative Blogress Diva 2011: http://bit.ly/eVwpFg via @addthis ATTENTION TAMs: go VOTE! NOW! [...]

Pingback by Tweets that mention GayPatriot » Grande Conservative Blogress Diva 2011 -- Topsy.com — December 24, 2010 @ 1:06 pm - December 24, 2010

12. [...] to vote for Gay Patriot’s Grande Conservative Blogress Diva! And for the first time ever, yours truly is nominated. Now, what exactly is the Grande Conservative Blogress Diva? Well… After extensive [...]

Pingback by Cassy Fiano » Vote for me for 2011′s Grande Conservative Blogress Diva! — December 24, 2010 @ 3:08 pm - December 24, 2010

13. I love Clarices to pieces, and Cassy’s no piano, neetha.
    ================

Comment by kim — December 24, 2010 @ 3:36 pm - December 24, 2010

14. Are you really overlooking Jennifer Rubin, formerly of Commentary, now of the Washington Post? How? She is without peer — high volume coupled with intellectually acute analysis.

Comment by Judith — December 24, 2010 @ 3:56 pm - December 24, 2010

15. I voted for Robin of Berkeley. She’s a really good read, especially when you realize that she, like myself, was a Democrat, who has moved away from them. Her background in psychotherapy gives some interesting insights, and I feel in good company with her.

Comment by nomobama — December 24, 2010 @ 5:56 pm - December 24, 2010

16. I’ll have to check out some of the other bloggers on this list, but I will also say that I like Michelle Malkin, The Anchoress, Atlas Shrugs, A Conservative Lesbian (not on your list), Ann Althouse & Tammy Bruce. I am not familiar with the rest.

Comment by nomobama — December 24, 2010 @ 6:48 pm - December 24, 2010

17. Uh, is this site aware of Robin of Berkeley’s revulsion when it comes to gays? There are several examples on AT articles to back up this claim, but check out her latest article at American Thinker where she got all icky(!!!!) about a supposed lesbian looking at her LASCIVIOUSLY! OMG!!! And check out her sophomorONIC analysis of the repeal of DADT. You sure about this nomination? She’s a DIVA no doubt, but someone who commands the respect of gay male conservatives?! Think again.

Now, you want a Diva…what about Pam Gellar?? Man, what a Diva, but at least she’s fighting Sharia creep, probably at risk of her life (Robin of Berkeley can’t even come out of the closet…Conservatively speaking). I would think fighting Islam and Sharia in the U.S would be something you guys would be mighty interested in, considering you’d be first on their hanging list.

Comment by Mitch — December 24, 2010 @ 9:31 pm - December 24, 2010

18. Robin of Berkeley, hand’s down. Her work is so original, and she puts her heart and soul into every article.

Comment by RochelleYork — December 24, 2010 @ 11:25 pm - December 24, 2010

19. [...] Cassy Fiano is in the running for Grande Conservative Blogress Diva 2011, and she needs our help to win.  She writes: I just cannot tell you how much I would love to be [...]

Pingback by Conservative News from Conservative Bloggers » Blog Archive » Vote for Cassy Fiano for Grande Conservative Blogress Diva 2011 — December 25, 2010 @ 4:22 am - December 25, 2010

20. [...] Belvedere has the perfect gift for the discriminating man in your life.Carol of No Sheeples Here (who needs your vote!), invokes Tiny Tim.At long last, the Star Wars Christmas Special we deserve.James Lileks waxes [...]

Pingback by Clearing the Browser Tabs – I Clicked the Links on Chrismas Day Edition — December 25, 2010 @ 6:11 am - December 25, 2010

21. [...] Vote [...]

Pingback by Voting for Grand Conservative Blogress Diva « Newsbeat1 — December 25, 2010 @ 7:28 am - December 25, 2010

22. GREAT IDEA – I get a little bored with all the gay talk (all the issues, etc.), but then I’m a raving hetero female. But you guys are great and I enjoy your website.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Hetro Thumbs up to some great gay guys and gals!

Comment by Chavah White — December 25, 2010 @ 8:44 am - December 25, 2010

23. I totally understand Robin of Berkeley being creeped out by the feeling that a Lesbian was making a play for her. I’m gay, and I feel that way about a lot of gay guys. Big deal.

Comment by nomobama — December 25, 2010 @ 2:34 pm - December 25, 2010

24. I’d be creeped out too if pseudo-truckers and lumberjacks were checking me out.

Did I write that? Ooops.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — December 25, 2010 @ 5:34 pm - December 25, 2010

25. What is happening. I voted on Dec 24 and my vote was accepted. I just tried to vote on Dec 25 and it said I had already voted in this poll and could not vote again. I thought we were able to vote once per day.

Comment by dick — December 25, 2010 @ 11:53 pm - December 25, 2010

26. [...] Gay Patriot has the Grande Conservative Blogress Diva contest up. Go vote for your favorite [...]

Pingback by Sorta Blogless Sunday Pinup » Pirate's Cove — December 26, 2010 @ 11:23 am - December 26, 2010

27. What about Ann Coulter? She is the diva to out-diva all other divas.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — December 26, 2010 @ 12:26 pm - December 26, 2010

28. Where’s Maggie Gallagher. She is my fav. Doc. Helen is second.

Comment by ThomasLevine — December 26, 2010 @ 3:01 pm - December 26, 2010

29. Shots out also to Megan McArdle, Ann McElhinney, and Caroline Glick.

Comment by Scott Spiegel — December 26, 2010 @ 7:38 pm - December 26, 2010

30. Great to see Tammy Bruce’s popularity is waning. Her shrill obsession with Palin is beyond irritating. We all know TB just wants to screw Palin with a strap on. That dyke’s got some major Mama Grizzly issues. Plus if she likes Palin that much, it can only mean one thing: Palin won’t be running.

Comment by LolaLezzie — December 26, 2010 @ 7:39 pm - December 26, 2010

31. [...] over to GayPatriot and vote for you favorite Conservative [...]

Pingback by Best Conservative Diva!! « Freedom Is Just Another Word… — December 26, 2010 @ 8:41 pm - December 26, 2010

32. Wouldn’t your site better be named Sodomite Patriot?

At first, I though this was a French Foreign Legion Web site.

Comment by pablo — December 26, 2010 @ 8:55 pm - December 26, 2010

33. [...] their blog.” Gay Patriot (a great site, highly recommended) is holding their annual vote for Grande Conservative Blogress Diva for 2011, and our own Sister Toldjah is one of the [...]

Pingback by Vote for ST! | Conservatives for America — December 26, 2010 @ 11:01 pm - December 26, 2010

34. Uh, is this site aware of Robin of Berkeley’s the Republican Party’s revulsion when it comes to gays?

ftfy

Comment by naugahyde — December 27, 2010 @ 10:08 pm - December 27, 2010

35. and where naugahyde, do you get your information about the GOP’s supposed “revulsion when it comes to gays”? From left-wing blogs (& the MSM) or from actual experience as an openly gay individual in Republican and/or conservative circles?

Comment by B. Daniel Blatt — December 27, 2010 @ 10:59 pm - December 27, 2010

36. Should it matter to gay male conservatives that a nominee doesn’t address the transparent and at times bizarre fear of gays expressed by her own community of readers?

“Paladino, religion, gay rights,” October 11th, 2010:

I figure it’s probably a minimal requirement for a strong candidate.

Comment by Jeff — December 28, 2010 @ 12:18 am - December 28, 2010

37. I see that you’re quite the American “patriot”. Crushing dissent where ever it appears. Do you think that is a good idea? Sadly, no. Too bad I have a screen shot of it.

Comment by joeyess — December 28, 2010 @ 6:18 am - December 28, 2010

38. “and where naugahyde, do you get your information about the GOP’s supposed ‘revulsion when it comes to gays’? From left-wing blogs (& the MSM) or from actual experience as an openly gay individual in Republican and/or conservative circles?”

Comment by B. Daniel Blatt — December 27, 2010 @ 10:59 pm – December 27, 2010

I can’t speak for naugahyde, but I usually rely upon the actual expressions of revulsion for gays made by actual conservative leaders: http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/12/group_against_gays_in_military_fights_on_against_shower_policy.php

And that’s just from yesterday. John McCain’s behavior leading up to the repeal of DADT was textbook reactionary homophobia, and that was the GOP’s candidate for the presidency just two years ago!

Comment by 400metres — December 28, 2010 @ 10:26 am - December 28, 2010

39. I voted for Robin. But how was MOTUS overlooked?

Comment by getfitnow — December 28, 2010 @ 12:58 pm - December 28, 2010

40. joeyess, please provide evidence that we’re crushing dissent. You attribute more power to us that we can possibly possess!

But, do wonder why some lefties are obsessed with us.

Comment by B. Daniel Blatt — December 28, 2010 @ 1:02 pm - December 28, 2010

41. 400metres, as per my comment #35, your source is a left-wing blog.

Comment by B. Daniel Blatt — December 28, 2010 @ 1:09 pm - December 28, 2010

42. getfitnow, what is MOTUS?

This year, I “overlooked” many good female blogresses and learned of many others with whom I had not been familiar until this contest got going, learning only about the current leader (Robin) due to a reader’s recommendation.

Could MOTUS be Michelle Obama’s mirror, about which I learned only recently? This year, due to my schedule, I was dependent upon readers for the nominees. Some of my favorite blogresses, including Jennifer Rubin, didn’t make the cut , largely because I let readers’ determine the nominees this year.

Comment by B. Daniel Blatt — December 28, 2010 @ 1:14 pm - December 28, 2010

43. This contest has been so transparently hijacked. How in the world would a couple of no-names like Robin of Berkeley and Clarice Feldman be so far out ahead in this poll? Over MICHELLE MALKIN?? MICHELLE MALKIN!!! Come on!!! Owner of the number one conservative blog spot? Political commentator extraordinaire On Fox News since the beginning?? Okay, Clarice does a good job, but how is it Michelle is in the dust behind an ardent Hillary supporting PUMA like Robin??? I only know of Berkeley and Feldman because I am an avid reader of American Thinker. Never heard of them outside that sphere. So what’s up? I guess it’s not that hard to hire an astroturf outfit if you really want to win a popularity contest. Hello Obama/Axelrod.

Comment by mitch — December 28, 2010 @ 4:01 pm - December 28, 2010

44. “400metres, as per my comment #35, your source is a left-wing blog.”

Comment by B. Daniel Blatt — December 28, 2010 @ 1:09 pm – December 28, 2010

So what? It’s an interview of Mrs. Donnelly conducted by TPM reporter Ryan J. Reilly. It’s not an opinion piece. It’s her specific responses to his questions regarding her policy views.

I guess I was wrong to assume you wouldn’t be some knee-jerk rightwinger who can’t stand to be exposed to anything other than the opinions of fellow right-wingers.

Comment by 400metres — December 28, 2010 @ 7:03 pm - December 28, 2010

45. Furthermore Mr. Blatt, you ducked my point about John McCain, an undeniable leader of the GOP who has expressed revulsion for Gay Americans, particularly Gay Patriots who dare to ask to not have to hide their sexual orientation in order to defend American freedoms like Equal Protection while serving in our armed forces…

Comment by 400metres — December 28, 2010 @ 7:08 pm - December 28, 2010

46. And lookee here Mr. Blatt, looks like a lot of conservatives are expressing revulsion over Gay Republicans being invited to CPAC this year: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=244741

Now, I know a lot of Republicans and most of them are not the sort of fire-breathing social conservatives who would attend CPAC, but you cannot deny that a solid base of the GOP is openly and unashamedly anti-gay.

Comment by 400metres — December 28, 2010 @ 7:57 pm - December 28, 2010

47. Neither can one deny that a significant segment of the Democratic party is anti-gay,and this in spite of the fact that the democrats present themselves as gay supporters. Political affiliation has nothing to do with one’s acceptance of gays, in my opinion. There are many black Democrats who are no friends of gays. It’s a personal thing, be it right or wrong.

Comment by nomobama — December 29, 2010 @ 7:33 am - December 29, 2010

48. “Neither can one deny that a significant segment of the Democratic party is anti-gay,and this in spite of the fact that the democrats present themselves as gay supporters. Political affiliation has nothing to do with one’s acceptance of gays, in my opinion. There are many black Democrats who are no friends of gays. It’s a personal thing, be it right or wrong.”

Comment by nomobama — December 29, 2010 @ 7:33 am – December 29, 2010

I most certainly would deny that a “significant segment of the Democratic party is anti-gay.” I’m sure there are members of the Dems who are privately homophobic (because as you said, it is ultimately a private value), but they are not the vocal leaders of the party and they certainly are dictating overall party policy like the anti-gay crowd in the GOP.

You see, actual evidence to support your opinions is essential to anyone actually respecting them, and the evidence shows that exact opposite of what you claim.

After all, here’s the roll call on the Congressional vote to repeal DADT:

House:

Voting yes were 235 Democrats and 15 Republicans

Voting no were 160 Republicans, and 15 Democrats

Senate:

Voting yes were 55 Democrats, 8 Republicans and 2 independents.

Voting no were 0 Democrats and 31 Republicans.

If the Democrats were “significantly” anti-gay, why did they overwhelmingly support the repeal of DADT? And alternatively, if the Republicans aren’t anti-gay, why did they so overwhelmingly vote against the repeal?

The bottom line is that the modern GOP is the last bastion of anti-gay bigotry in mainstream politics and to pretend otherwise is delusional. Furthermore, to be a gay American and support the party that views you as a second-class citizen because you are gay is downright astounding.

Comment by 400metres — December 29, 2010 @ 10:07 am - December 29, 2010

49. You say I can vote once per day, but I voted yesterday and am not being allowed to vote today. What gives?

Comment by Lu — December 29, 2010 @ 3:08 pm - December 29, 2010

50. Hard choices in this poll! My first inclination was Michelle Malkin… but she’s got enough popularity.

So it was a tie between Sister Toldjah and Neo-neocon, two sites I visit almost every day. I voted for Neo today, and I’ll vote for Sister tomorrow to even it out…

Comment by Tom the Redhunter — December 29, 2010 @ 8:38 pm - December 29, 2010

51. “Neither can one deny that a significant segment of the Democratic party is anti-gay,and this in spite of the fact that the democrats present themselves as gay supporters. Political affiliation has nothing to do with one’s acceptance of gays, in my opinion. There are many black Democrats who are no friends of gays. It’s a personal thing, be it right or wrong.”

Comment by nomobama — December 29, 2010 @ 7:33 am – December 29, 2010

After all, here’s the roll call on the Congressional vote to repeal DADT:

House:

Voting yes were 235 Democrats and 15 Republicans

Voting no were 160 Republicans, and 15 Democrats

Senate:

Voting yes were 55 Democrats, 8 Republicans and 2 independents.

Voting no were 0 Democrats and 31 Republicans.

Comment by 400metres — December 29, 2010 @ 10:07 am – December 29, 2010
    ——————-

It appears that you look at Democratic politicians only, yet fail to acknowledge the 40 to 45 percent of the self-described Democrats (the party membership) who do nit support gay marriage in more recent polling. Nowhere in my comments did I indicate Democratic party politicians. My comments were about all party members. Look up some recent polling for yourself. Forty percent of a party’s membership is significant in my book.

Comment by nomobama — December 29, 2010 @ 10:26 pm - December 29, 2010

52. The stats re. attitudes towards same-sex marriage:

Comment by Jeff — December 30, 2010 @ 1:54 pm - December 30, 2010

53. [...] . . . to vote for Grande Conservative Blogress Diva. [...]

Pingback by Tomorrow’s the Last Day — December 30, 2010 @ 11:29 pm - December 30, 2010

54. Oh Please! Robin is ahead because her wise, reasonable, completely un-psychotic posts betray none of the bizarre paranoiac projection, strawman-bashing, or sanctimonious I’m-qualified-to-pontificate-on-my-opponents’-psychologies “expertise” so emblematic of most conservative bloggers! If you can’t see that, I have to doubt your own conservative credentials. I intend to vote for her every chance I get!

Comment by forked tongue — December 31, 2010 @ 12:01 am - December 31, 2010

55. forked tongue…great satire. I nearly fell for it. hahaha!! Yes, from someone who feels she can be a light for liberals to convert to conservatism while calling them all manner of names and diagnosing them from afar with all sorts of psychosis (oh yeah, baby, call me a sociopath again..you know I love that), assuming anyone whom disagrees with her is an internet porn addict (her words), while still trying to equate Hillary’s victimization to Sarah’s….well, it’s a bit rich..even for a Conservative (and aren’t we all accustomed to “rich”?). Michelle Malkin, Ann Coulter, Pam Gellar….no contest. if this contest were a true Conservative Diva contest, the one obsessed with victimization would never have been nominated, never mind ahead of these true Conservative Divas. Astroturf has nullified this contest.

Comment by mitch — December 31, 2010 @ 2:57 pm - December 31, 2010

56. Congratulations to Robin of Berkeley.

Mitch, why so bitter? I like Michelle Malkin, Ann Coulter, and also Pam Gellar, too. Yet, Robin of Berkeley is good, too. I enjoy reading her journey from left to right. She offers a slightly different perspective than the other that were listed. I am happy that Robin of Berkeley won, and I hope that she continues her blog for her reader’s enjoyment.

By the way, Hillary was victimized much in the same manner as Sarah Palin. Sarah Palin has even alluded to it, so I just don’t get your beef.

Happy New Year!

Comment by nomobama — January 1, 2011 @ 12:21 am - January 1, 2011

57. Robin of Berkely crushed the competition?

:-)

Our work here is done…

Comment by actor212 — January 1, 2011 @ 9:24 am - January 1, 2011

58. Robin, sorry, nomobama,

Uh, Hillary was victimized?!?! Give me SPECIFICS!!!! How was she treated any differently than Kucinich? Sharpton? Dean? Or was she supposed to be treated differently cuz she’s a girl? And HOW EXACTLY was she treated with the same outright insanity with which Palin was treated?? Never mind what Palin may have “alluded” to (she was only graciously repeating the PUMA mantra). This is the same PUMA scat that Robin and her sycophantic followers try to pawn off in the comment section over at American Thinker (google-eyed fawners of which I’m SURE Robin is among as some other nom de plume besides her, well, nom de plume). THAT is my beef with Robin. A PUMA in sheep’s clothing…turning what once were conservatives into wimpy victims relating their victim stories, churning out melodramatic pop psychology analysis and gross generalizations at the abandonment of critical thinking skills, AND, most importantly, surreptitiously generating Hillary sympathy amongst the conservative readership. Planting the Hillary seed. And anyone who calls her on it gets censored at American Thinker or, if a token BS detector gets through, they are later called Trolls by Robin in the next paranoid delusional “Me, My Life, and, oh yeah, some wackos I hang out with in Berkeley” installment.

So Robin, nomobama, robama, whatever,….give us specifics on Hillary’s victimization. Really. And where PUMAs now stand on Hillary. And if PUMAs would drop the conservative schtick in a heart beat if their gal ran. Because I know all too well Hillary’s unscrupulous, power-hungry nature, and I will call out anyone who tries to rewrite her nature and her history.

Comment by mitch — January 1, 2011 @ 5:43 pm - January 1, 2011