Robin of Berkeley: Grande Conservative Blogress Diva 2011

Posted by B. Daniel Blatt at 12:36 am - January 1, 2011.
Filed under: Blogress Divas

We’re pleased to announce that, after running neck and neck with her American Thinker colleague Clarice Feldman, Robin of Berkeley edged ahead and is the new claimant of the coveted golden tiara of the rightosphere, the title of Grande Conservative Blogress Diva, also known as the Ethel in honor of Ethel Merman, the greatest Republican diva of all time.

She will be joined in her court by that colleague Clarice as well as neo-neocon who will serve as Conservative Blogress Divas Regent for the coming year.  This award known as the Agnes or Endora in honor of staunch Republican Agnes Moorehead.

(Perhaps we should award an additional title in honor of Republican Jane Russell.)

I regret that I have not had as much time this year to devote to the contest.  This was the first year where I did not suggest any nominees.  And while some of my favorite blogresses did not make this year’s contest, others with whom I had not previously been familiar did.  Thanks to our readers’ nominations, I learned about some smart women offering conservative perspectives in the blogosphere.

I had never previously been aware of this year’s winner, but have appreciated the Berkeley diva’s posts about her journey toward conservatism in a most hostile environment.  I don’t always agree with the conclusions, but do appreciate the thought she puts into her posts — at least those I’ve had the good fortune to read.

So, Robin, congratulations!   Should your duties ever becoming trying, you can turn to Clarice and neoneocon to help you bear the weight of the crown.  And to the other blogresses with whom you competed.

To those divas, er, nominees, thanks for your participation and for using your blogs to challenge the establishment picture of the smart and articulate woman.   Not all such women toe the liberal line.  You have all earned the respect of the gay conservatives, such as us, who have long valued the contributions of strong and free-thinking women such as yourselves.

1. Good for her! I enjoy every column of hers at American Thinker.

Oh, and Happy New Year all! May 2011 bring you all happiness and prosperity!

Comment by AF_Vet — January 1, 2011 @ 12:47 am - January 1, 2011

2. Agnes Moorhead a Republican? That’s kind of cool. What about a Dixie Carter award?

Comment by Vince in WeHo — January 1, 2011 @ 12:54 am - January 1, 2011

3. just spent 5 minutes on Robins blog and I am in love…I will be visiting often

Comment by Eddie — January 1, 2011 @ 4:20 am - January 1, 2011

4. Thank you and thank those who voted for me. In the spirit of bi-partisanship I will not contest the vote , but I will say some of those chads you counted were hanging. Well, be that what it may, hats off to Diva Robin!!!

Comment by clarice — January 1, 2011 @ 9:58 am - January 1, 2011

5. Cmon Dan, let the people know about the hijacking. They’ll find out sooner or later so you may as well get your indignation on now. You can play the victim card – you’ve got that one down pretty well.

Comment by PeeJ — January 1, 2011 @ 11:18 am - January 1, 2011

6. Thanks for directing me to some new (to me) blogs. No wonder the op ed pages of the fantasy media are so bereft of talent, the real unbridled conversation is clearly on the net.

Comment by Heliotrope — January 1, 2011 @ 11:42 am - January 1, 2011

7. Well played Clarice. Gold star for good sportsdivaship.

I wasn’t familiar with Robin of Berzerkly before this, I’ll be checking her out more often.

Comment by American Elephant — January 1, 2011 @ 12:19 pm - January 1, 2011

8. What Helio said….thanks so much for introducing me to new bloggers. I have already placed them in “favs”. Congratulations to Robin as well as all the other nominees.

Comment by Mary — January 1, 2011 @ 12:20 pm - January 1, 2011

9. Congratulations to Robin, have been reading her from the beginning but through this contest I find wonderful new blogs every year.
    Thank you Gay Patriot.

Comment by Leah — January 1, 2011 @ 1:27 pm - January 1, 2011

10. I like most of the other nominees, too, but I’m glad to see Robin won this year. I always appreciate what she has to say.

Comment by Kurt — January 1, 2011 @ 2:17 pm - January 1, 2011

11. Hey, guys, thanks a million for this terrific honor!

“You like me, you really like me!”

Sorry, I couldn’t help channeling Sally Fields.

Well, it’s been a wild ride for the last two years, from Berkeley progressive/psychotherapist/sheeple to Grande Conservative Blogress Diva. If anyone had told me two years ago that I would be nominated, much less win, a conservative writing contest, I would have told them to lay off the medical marijuana. But what a long, strange, and blessed trip it’s been.

Thanks so much for honoring me, especially among such gifted writers. You certainly have made my day, even my New Year!

much love, Robin

Comment by Robin of Berkeley — January 1, 2011 @ 2:36 pm - January 1, 2011

12. Congratulations Robin of Berkeley! I enjoy your blog very much.

You won because your readers voted for you, plain and simple.

Comment by nomobama — January 1, 2011 @ 3:58 pm - January 1, 2011

13. Haven’t read her blog yet, but I’ve heard her on Rusty Humphries.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — January 1, 2011 @ 4:34 pm - January 1, 2011

14. Don’t forget Shirley Jones, another great Republican starlet (and my favorite).

Comment by Robert Oscar Lopez — January 1, 2011 @ 6:26 pm - January 1, 2011

15. Cmon Dan, let the people know about the hijacking.

What? Liberals engaged in deceit and voter fraud? Who knew? SSDD.

Yawners.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — January 1, 2011 @ 7:07 pm - January 1, 2011

16. Robin of Berkeley truly deserves this award! That’s why we all voted for her. Unanimously. Every day. We had a terrific time and a lot of fun. Dan: Please make this an annual event!

Comment by Snidely Whiplash — January 1, 2011 @ 10:43 pm - January 1, 2011

17. Robin, congratulations to you. I’ve read some of your AT columns and your honor is well-earned. We don’t agree on every point, but do have something in common: as I, too, am a CA-liberal-turned-ex. Hope I get to meet you someday. Dan Blatt hosts GP reader gatherings in SF once or twice a year, maybe you’ll visit!

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — January 1, 2011 @ 11:33 pm - January 1, 2011

18. I have been a fan of Robin of Berkley since she started writing. I am also pleased to see that some of my favorite Classic Hollywood Actresses are also Republicans. Could we also see an “Irene Dunne” Award? She too was a “GOP Girl”

Comment by oscarfoxtango — January 2, 2011 @ 7:22 am - January 2, 2011

19. [...] Gay Patriot has announced the 2011 Grande Conservative Blogress Diva [...]

Pingback by Sorta Blogless Sunday Pinup » Pirate's Cove — January 2, 2011 @ 9:27 am - January 2, 2011

20. Congratulations to Robin! She has a way of zeroing in on liberal psychopathology without a lot of pointless over-thinking. Also, she’s totally hot, too.
    I’ll be waiting for her at Curves to show my appreciation.

Comment by RugglesbyMunchkin — January 2, 2011 @ 11:35 am - January 2, 2011

21. Well TGC, ‘campaigning’ is a better word (than hijacking) and as you would remember, has always been part of the annual contest. I remember Sondra K’s fans making pushes in the past. It looks like American Thinker just got into the spirit of the thing:
    - Dec 24, they announce the contest to their readers: http://comments.americanthinker.com/read/1/735016.html
    - Dec 31, they express pleasure at having taken the number one AND two spots: http://comments.americanthinker.com/read/1/739404.html

There may be other comments by Robin and/or Clarice to their readers that I’ve missed; the above is only what Google found (and Google is often incomplete). But my point is, good on American Thinker! and congrats again to Robin! :-)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — January 2, 2011 @ 1:51 pm - January 2, 2011

22. (sorry, I should have stated Jan 01 as the date of the second link)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — January 2, 2011 @ 2:06 pm - January 2, 2011

23. Yay Robin! I loves my fellow Cali-Conservative gals!

Comment by Annie — January 2, 2011 @ 2:23 pm - January 2, 2011

24. Shame on anyone who suggests Robin doesn’t fully deserve this award. A someone who has seen firsthand the libtard hellhole that is the SF Bay Area, I admire her achievement even more.

Also, wasn’t Margaret Hamilton a Conservative? And definitely a diva! You should name an award after her!

Comment by Alan in SF — January 2, 2011 @ 6:35 pm - January 2, 2011

25. This Robin chick seems like a stand-up dame. Good on her.

Comment by V the K — January 3, 2011 @ 5:00 am - January 3, 2011

26. PeeJ’s still whining that Adam Lambert lost, and that Brandy was voted off instead of Bristol.

Comment by The_Livewire — January 3, 2011 @ 9:54 am - January 3, 2011

27. I will be visiting many blogs I have yet to have visited before, because of this. Including this very blog.
    Yeah, do it every year. Even if my alcohol consumption raises while trying to decide.

Comment by br549 — January 4, 2011 @ 8:38 am - January 4, 2011