HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT

I am proud this morning to announce my support for Herman Cain for President.

This is a personal decision by me and does not reflect the views of my co-bloggers nor should be construed as an official endorsement by GOPROUD of which I am a board member.

Now that I’m done with that disclaimer….let me shout this from sea to shining sea — AMERICA NEEDS HERMAN CAIN!!!! I have been flirting with the Cain candidacy for over a year now. I had the pleasure to meet him at CPAC and I have been closely following his campaign long before most people knew his name.

I felt it was important to declare my preference publicly today as I have decided to become actively involved in Team Cain to assist in the South Carolina primary and beyond. I owe my readers the transparency of knowing why I am writing about certain things and not to be confused by my intent.

Why Herman Cain? Well, haven’t been this excited about a Presidential candidate since Ronald Reagan in 1984 (the first year I was old enough to truly know anything and make a difference).

Some will now say, “now Bruce….there will never be another Ronald Reagan!” And that is true. And I am NOT equating Mr. Cain to Mr. Reagan. What I am saying is that Mr. Cain excites me with his common sense ideas, love of country, and ability to connect to the American psyche. Choosing a President has always been a “gut feeling” thing for America. I have a great feeling about Herman Cain.

Herman Cain has been plucked by destiny to arrive at America’s electoral doorstep at just the right time. He has a solid business background, is an inspirational leader of people, and understands the complexities of the world economy. He wasn’t a community organizer, he is a jobs and growth creator. He wasn’t a concocted creation of America’s radical left and academic centers of power, he is a true child of the American Experience. He has never scoffed at American values, he embraces our nation’s special place in the history of mankind and knows we are teetering on the edge.

Mr. Cain is familiar with rescuing failing enterprises, which to me is his most important qualification. In a sheer coincidence to the timing of my announcement, Daniel Henninger wrote this yesterday in the Wall Street Journal:

Does a résumé like Herman Cain’s add up to an American presidency? I used to think not. But after watching the American Idol system we’ve fallen into for discovering a president—with opinion polls, tongue slips and media caprice deciding front-runners and even presidents—I’m rewriting my presidential-selection software. [Emphasis added.]

Conventional wisdom holds that this week’s Chris Christie boomlet means the GOP is desperate for a savior. The reality is that, at some point, Republicans will have to start drilling deeper on their own into the candidates they’ve got.

Put it this way: The GOP nominee is running against the incumbent president. Unlike the incumbent, Herman Cain has at least twice identified the causes of a large failing enterprise, designed goals, achieved them, and by all accounts inspired the people he was supposed to lead. Not least, Mr. Cain’s life experience suggests that, unlike the incumbent, he will adjust his ideas to reality.

No other GOP candidate can bring the fight to Obama over the sorry state of the American economy than Herman Cain. Our other choices are, I’m sad to say, more of the same old thing — career professional politicians. Yes, even Ron Paul, folks.

So there you have it. My big announcement. Herman Cain is the first Presidential candidate I will actively and ENTHUSIASTICALLY campaign for through blood, sweat, money & tears since Ronald Reagan in 1984. That’s a long time of being unmoved by GOP nominees, don’t you think?

There will be more to say about Herman Cain and the issues. But I wanted to stand up today and proudly declare my support for the 45th President of the United States of America and the next true heir of the American Experience — Mr. Herman Cain.

-Bruce (GayPatriot)

1. “Herman Cain has been plucked by destiny to arrive at America’s electoral doorstep at just the right time.”

Absolutely agree!

Comment by mcswan — September 29, 2011 @ 8:42 am - September 29, 2011

2. I am with you on this one – I have made the same decision. I was hoping Palin would get in because she is so fearless in confronting establishment types. But I think Cain is the same way – he will not be influenced or diswayed from doing what needs to be done. He would have the guts to go after the EPA on their bone crushing policies … and the Dept of Energy … and the FCC … and HHS etc. PLUS !!!! … would Cain not all but eliminate the “Republicans are racist” tactic so often used by the left.

Comment by Mike Dysart — September 29, 2011 @ 8:48 am - September 29, 2011

3. I really like, Herman Cain. I’m not ready to chose my candidate yet though. I just don’t want the press to get their wish for a single candidate so soon that they can concentrate on destroying who ever that may be.

Comment by Richard Bell — September 29, 2011 @ 8:59 am - September 29, 2011

4. While I very much like Harman Cain, the historical precedent for Republicans running a businessman against an ideological socialist for president is not one that inspires confidence.

Comment by V the K — September 29, 2011 @ 9:00 am - September 29, 2011

5. I absolutely agree….Cain sign in my yard…common sense and passion (not ego) will make Herman Cain an effective president.

Comment by Jay — September 29, 2011 @ 9:24 am - September 29, 2011

6. I like Cain, at this point more than I like either Romney or whats-his-name.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 29, 2011 @ 9:57 am - September 29, 2011

7. the historical precedent for Republicans running a businessman against an ideological socialist for president is not one that inspires confidence

True. Then again, the historical precedent for a no-name, do-nothing, never-re-elected Senator becoming President was not good in 2008. Then again, that guy had the media totally and completely on His side. Then again, now it’s not quite as total, or doesn’t matter as much.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 29, 2011 @ 10:03 am - September 29, 2011

8. I really like him, and it would be awesome if we ran our own black candidate against Obama – should do away with some of the racism crap, although some of the hardcore idiots would still work it in some way.

The fact that he hasn’t been in politics could be a good thing – we need something new

Comment by Mark — September 29, 2011 @ 10:04 am - September 29, 2011

9. Seeing Cain debate Obama would be something! The Real vs. the Phony.

FWIW, Cain would be America’s first black (or truly African-American) President. Since Obama is in no way descended from the American slaves. (I thought about wisecracking that Obama is arguably neither African nor American, but went with the factual.)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 29, 2011 @ 10:10 am - September 29, 2011

10. I’d mcuh rather have Cain than Romney; then again, the phone book is full of people who I’d rather have than Romney. If we get another Democrat in the White House in ’12, I’d rather he got there as the result of a DNC primary and not a RNC one.

Comment by DaveP. — September 29, 2011 @ 10:20 am - September 29, 2011

11. I like Herman Cain, and consider him an accomplished man and a true patriot. I hope President Romney has a spot for him in his cabinet, perhaps at Treasury or Commerce. 🙂

Comment by Rhymes With Right — September 29, 2011 @ 10:24 am - September 29, 2011

12. I will enthusiastically and proudly back Herman Cain.

It won’t be too long before the press comes after his cancer, his “no elective office” status and probably the eugenics of his color on the melanin charts. Someone will surely trace his people back to a particularly slippery tribe that had all sorts of lunacy problems. The leaders of this will be from the black “community” and, therefore, exempt from being tagged for their vile racism.

I agree with Cain that he can carry 30% of the black vote and I agree with Rush that if Obama loses more than 10% of the black vote that he can not win reelection.

I am not excited about Cain because he is black. However, the joy I would feel to have a black man who is not affected by his skin color representing the county is large within me. Cain is an honestly qualified and no BS holder of his place of esteem. I guess Joe Biden would call him “clean and articulate” and people like Cain would just have to say “oh, thank you, massa Joe” and move on letting the petty racist remark stick to the mouth that offered it.

The Obama people will send their guy out loaded with bromides and snide attacks backed by slippery claims and actuals lies. Cain will distill this into nuts and bolts and not get caught up in nuance and following blind trails. He long ago identified liberal-speak as SIN: shift the topic, ignore the facts, and name call. He has a sharp ear for it and he can nail it with good humor and great effect.

Comment by Heliotrope — September 29, 2011 @ 10:35 am - September 29, 2011

13. The leaders of [Cain-lynching] will be from the black “community” and, therefore, exempt from being tagged for their vile racism.

Hey, speaking of, where is our friend Dooms? 🙂

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 29, 2011 @ 10:38 am - September 29, 2011

14. ok, it started already, we are for Cain and still racist….. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/09/29/janeane_garofalo_racist_republicans_support_herman_cain-comments.html#disqus_thread

Comment by Mark — September 29, 2011 @ 10:40 am - September 29, 2011

15. […] A CAREER POLITICIAN!! AND Actually seems to have a plan for the economy!! I agree with this article here..totally (isn’t that what the cool kids say?) Herman Cain has been plucked by destiny to […]

Pingback by 2012.. « Interned In Northfield — September 29, 2011 @ 10:46 am - September 29, 2011

16. I’m excited about Herman Cain myself. He’s definitely a great candidate to get behind. Washington needs common sense.

Comment by Nick — September 29, 2011 @ 10:57 am - September 29, 2011

17. Hmmmmm… Interesting.

Comment by Sonicfrog — September 29, 2011 @ 11:13 am - September 29, 2011

18. HERMAN CAIN: THE RIGHT BLACK MAN

Comment by ludovico — September 29, 2011 @ 11:15 am - September 29, 2011

19. @Bruce (aka GayPatriot).

Yes. You will campaign for through “blood, sweat, money & tears” for Herman Cain who emphatically and explicitly states that “homosexuality is a sin & a choice.” Yes, you will fight tooth & nail for a man who thinks you are the equivalent of a rapist, pedophile, murderer, alcoholic, or an adulterer.

And Herman Cain tried to cover up that he had a financially corrupt gay staffer on his payroll — because he didn’t want his supporters to know, either that he was employing a financially corrupt person, or that the employee was openly homosexual, or most probably, BOTH.

It’s laughable that you guys constantly attack gay liberals for being stuck on the “Democratic plantation.” You may have broken free of the Democratic plantation, but you are being shipped down-river, to the Deep South, to the “Republican plantation.”

You thought the “Democratic plantation” was bad. Wait until you get to the “Republican plantation.”

Your new Massa is waiting.

Cheers!

Comment by James — September 29, 2011 @ 11:16 am - September 29, 2011

20. If the left weren’t already deranged, a Cain-Rubio ticket would send them over the edge. But it’s hard to imagine them hurling any more vitriol than they’ve already directed at Sarah Palin, Allen West, or Susana Martinez.

Comment by V the K — September 29, 2011 @ 11:17 am - September 29, 2011

21. And James becomes another proud member of the cult of “I will vote for corrupt and incompetent Democrats who are destroying the economy and bankrupting the country because Republicans don’t stroke my gay ego” club.

Comment by V the K — September 29, 2011 @ 11:19 am - September 29, 2011

22. But James, I thought your pose on this blog was that you were supposed to be a nice person or something.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 29, 2011 @ 11:19 am - September 29, 2011

23. @V the K & I Love Capitalism,

I’m not registered with any political party, and I have historically voted for both Republicans & Democrats — Republicans more often at the local & state level, and Democrats more often for presidential elections.

And yes, while I love good tongue-in-cheek humor every now and then, I try to treat everyone with respect (even when I disagree).

Comment by James — September 29, 2011 @ 11:29 am - September 29, 2011

24. Voting for Obama once is stupidity. Twice is insanity.

Comment by V the K — September 29, 2011 @ 11:34 am - September 29, 2011

25. I try to treat everyone with respect (even when I disagree)

And that includes gloating over the person’s (supposed) degradation and doom? (Your #19)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 29, 2011 @ 11:50 am - September 29, 2011

26. To be clear: What I mind, is not your doing it… only the pose it contradicts 😉

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 29, 2011 @ 11:52 am - September 29, 2011

27. It is hilarious to watch gays and lesbians like James who will shriek one minute that Cain wants to imprison and murder all gay people and the next attack him for employing a gay staffer.

Furthermore, what does James want instead? An idiot who sells guns to Mexican drug cartels with the express intent of framing innocent US citizens for crimes — which has gotten HUNDREDS of American and Mexican citizens killed — and who then whines that it’s not his fault because of budget problems.

But of course, he supports gay-sex marriage, so James is all for it.

Oops. He doesn’t. And James still supports and endorses him anyway.

This is what makes you friggin’ hilarious, James. We expect these meltdowns from you, because you’re not an intelligent person; you’re an irrational and brainwashed bigot who is desperately trying to smear and attack Republicans because Barack Obama has demonstrated how completely unqualified you and your ilk are to run the country.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — September 29, 2011 @ 11:59 am - September 29, 2011

28. Want another example of what James considers important?

Let’s see, handouts and kickbacks to Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama supporters to the tune of billions of dollars.

But does James care? No, because Pelosi supports gay-sex marriage. James doesn’t care how much Pelosi loots the government and steals taxpayer dollars because James doesn’t think beyond his sexual orientation OR pay taxes. All James cares about is how much Pelosi panders to him.

Now watch even more hilariously as James starts shrieking, “But Republicans”….ignorant of the fact that he and his Barack Obama Party and LGBT leaders were screaming that such contracts were proof of vile corruption and being unfit to govern when Republicans did them.

Which means he’s demonstrating what a brainwashed little hypocrite he is, in addition to being a halfwit who makes decisions based solely on his sexual orientation.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — September 29, 2011 @ 12:08 pm - September 29, 2011

29. @ILoveCapitalism,

Well, I’m certainly would not advocate for anyone’s personal destruction or doom. My point was metaphorical — thankfully, slavery (as defined by the 1800s) no longer exists and people are not “sold down-river.”

More on topic, I am a fan of Gary Johnson & I support his candidacy for the Presidency. He has a record of fiscal conservatism, with more libertarian views on gay-related issues.

Comment by James — September 29, 2011 @ 12:08 pm - September 29, 2011

30. Great selection! As his campaign commercials have said, “It’s time to raise some Cain!” Herman has common-sense solutions and doesn’t seem afraid to tell the truth, no matter who gets hits in the face with it. Can he make it to the finish line and win the nomination? Maybe, if we all raise enough Cain.

Comment by Mart Martin — September 29, 2011 @ 12:16 pm - September 29, 2011

31. Well, I’m certainly would not advocate for anyone’s personal destruction or doom [sic; what I actually said was, “gloating over the person’s (supposed) degradation and doom”]

Really? Funny then… your following comments read differently to me somehow:

@Bruce (aka GayPatriot)… Yes… you will fight tooth & nail for a man who thinks you are the equivalent of a rapist, pedophile, murderer, alcoholic, or an adulterer… You may have broken free of the Democratic plantation, but you are being shipped down-river… Wait until you get to the “Republican plantation.” Your new Massa is waiting. Cheers!

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 29, 2011 @ 12:17 pm - September 29, 2011

32. Hideous Left-Wing Hag (Pictures of Whom Are Kept in Hospital Emergency Rooms to Treat V1agr4 patients whose erections have last longer than four hours) says Republicans are only supporting Herman Cain because he’s black and they’re racists.

Now, why would Janeane think a political party’s support for a black presidential nominee is a sign of inner racism? Why would she think that? Can anyone think of a reason?

Comment by V the K — September 29, 2011 @ 12:21 pm - September 29, 2011

33. I am sort of excited about Cain but have some serious reservations becasue advocates a national sales tax (in addition to the current taxes). To me, that’s a good reason to disqualify him from my list.

Comment by Hunter — September 29, 2011 @ 12:22 pm - September 29, 2011

34. And the funny part is watching Obamabot James, who just was screaming this past weekend that all Republicans hate gays, that all Republicans discriminate against gays, that the Republican Party is all about destroying gays, and that he would never support any Republicans for this reason, etc. suddenly pretend to support Gary Johnson.

It’s almost as if James has gotten used to being able to lie with impunity because of his minority status. No wonder he’s threatened by Cain.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — September 29, 2011 @ 12:24 pm - September 29, 2011

35. Gotta say it for the slow kids: Because leftism and racism go together (both being varieties of collectivism), and because many leftists are in fact racists (people who think primarily in racial terms) who supported Obama for no good reason except race, and they assume that others must be no better then they are and probably worse.

In one word: Projection.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 29, 2011 @ 12:25 pm - September 29, 2011

36. (#35 was to V #32)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 29, 2011 @ 12:25 pm - September 29, 2011

37. @North Dallas Thirty

Go back & re-read what I wrote. I never said “all” Republicans hate gays, want to destroy gays, etc. I also never said “I would never support a Republican,” as you claim, because I have voted for Republicans for some offices before.

You claim I’m an “Obamabot” and claim that I support Nancy Pelosi & Barack Obama. Can you please supply proof where I have endorsed or voiced support for Nancy Pelosi or Barack Obama?

You choose to live in San Francisco, which is Nancy Pelosi’s district. Yet, you seem to have an unhealthy obsession about her, and condemning “gay sex marriage” — even though you are in a relationship with a man you refer to as “husbear.” It’s almost as if you purposely want to live in the most liberal, most Democrat, & most “gay” congressional district in the U.S., so you can make yourself miserable & then vent out your angst daily on the internet.

P.S. I’ll ask the same question that was posed to Cain. Do you believe, NDT, that homosexuality is a sin, and a choice? Does “husbear” feel the same way?

Comment by James — September 29, 2011 @ 12:47 pm - September 29, 2011

38. James might flirt with Gary Johnson, but at the end of the night, he’ll go home with Obama.

Comment by V the K — September 29, 2011 @ 12:53 pm - September 29, 2011

39. Chris Wallace, The GOP & The Theater Of The Absurd.

Mitt Romney can’t poll above 25% that leaves 75% who want someone else for their Presidential nominee. Chris Wallace, made reference to the Republican base “Waiting For Godot”. The play by Samuel Beckett, that is performed in the Theater Of The Absurd. The Republicans still haven’t found who they’re looking for.

Herman Cain endorsed Romney while he’s running against him in the Republican primary. Theater of Absurd.

Comment by keyboard jockey — September 29, 2011 @ 12:55 pm - September 29, 2011

40. I agree. Cain is real, honest and sincere which is more than I can say for the rest of candidates.

Comment by Redneck Fag — September 29, 2011 @ 1:01 pm - September 29, 2011

41. I’ll ask the same question that was posed to Cain. Do you believe, NDT, that homosexuality is a sin, and a choice?

But in present context, it’s a stupid question. Gay issues are now being fought at the State level, and the Federal government has more important matters to consider.

Cain has also said (although I can’t quickly find the link – can someone?) that gays are citizens and he has no problem setting aside his religious views and following the Constitution as-written. That’s good enough.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 29, 2011 @ 1:05 pm - September 29, 2011

42. I Love Capitalism said: “Because leftism and racism go together (both being varieties of collectivism), and because many leftists are in fact racists (people who think primarily in racial terms) who supported Obama for no good reason except race, and they assume that others must be no better then they are and probably worse.”

Perfectly put. Where leftists are concerned, racism is the elephant in the room. I can already hear the “coconut” and “Uncle Tom” catcalls if Cain gets the nod. Nothing he won’t be able to shoot down, though, as he has ably demonstrated several times before.

Comment by Jo-Ann — September 29, 2011 @ 1:08 pm - September 29, 2011

43. Do you believe, NDT, that homosexuality is a sin, and a choice?

Who the frak cares what his personal opinion is? Worrying about a candidate’s position on gay issues in the middle of an economic catastrophe is like standing in burning house and criticizing the wallpaper.

Comment by V the K — September 29, 2011 @ 1:15 pm - September 29, 2011

44. In one word: Projection.

Bingo, ILC.

And hence James’s obsession with whether or not people think homosexuality is a sin.

As a liberal statist, James is incapable of thinking through the concept that you can be against something as a “sin”, yet still see no reason for the government to incarcerate and/or punish those who practice it. Liberals like himself use the government to legislate away what they consider “sin” and the enforcement power of the state to punish those who they see as “sinners”; therefore, they assume that conservatives will do the same thing. Liberals are incapable of NOT using the state to push their own quasi-religious beliefs; they are at their core theocrats, who believe that liberal dogmas rather than facts should rule society, and they thus project this onto everyone else.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — September 29, 2011 @ 1:31 pm - September 29, 2011

45. I never said “all” Republicans hate gays, want to destroy gays, etc.

Actually, you did (emphasis mine):

As a whole, the Republican Party dislikes openly gay people (especially gay men) even more than you guys hate gay liberals.

Oopsie. Guess the little gay James isn’t used to being judged based on what he says, rather than on his sexual orientation.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — September 29, 2011 @ 1:37 pm - September 29, 2011

46. @12

Heliotrope, why did you put quotation marks around the word community when you wrote “the black ‘community'”?

Comment by Donny D. — September 29, 2011 @ 1:58 pm - September 29, 2011

47. Heliotrope, why did you put quotation marks around the word community when you wrote “the black ‘community’”?

Five paragraphs, and THAT is what you took away???

It’s called “context,” Donny. Look into it.

Comment by Eric Olsen — September 29, 2011 @ 2:09 pm - September 29, 2011

48. @NDT,

“As a whole” does not mean the same thing as “all.” Sorry.

“As a whole,” the Republican party platform defines marriage as only between one man & one woman. Some GOP platforms of certain states, like Texas & Montana, go further to support criminal penalties for people who engage in adult, consensual same-sex relationships. However, not “all” Republicans agree with that, as some Republicans do support same-sex marriage (although they are not the majority of the party).

Comment by James — September 29, 2011 @ 2:17 pm - September 29, 2011

49. “As a whole” does not mean the same thing as “all.” Sorry.

Ummm…sorry…

I know Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton was my president, and you, sir, are no Bill Clinton.

Nice try, though. You’re petulant, but not concentrated enough. 😀

Comment by Eric Olsen — September 29, 2011 @ 2:24 pm - September 29, 2011

50. I’d say the Republican position on gays feels good, on the whole.

Comment by Doctor Evil — September 29, 2011 @ 2:38 pm - September 29, 2011

51. I’d say the Republican position on gays feels good, on the whole.

Depends on who’s on top, yes?

(Sorry, somebody was going to go there.)

Comment by The_Livewire — September 29, 2011 @ 2:45 pm - September 29, 2011

52. Too early for me to choose. I will say, however, that all the team killing on the right really bugs the shit outta me.

Comment by TGC — September 29, 2011 @ 3:11 pm - September 29, 2011

53. Heliotrope, why did you put quotation marks around the word community when you wrote “the black ‘community’”?

Well, Donnie D @ 46, I am not much in favor of lumping people together because of a shared descriptor. When some one refers to gays or the gay “community” I am immediately advised that they are about to stereotype, big time.

With blacks, it is even more interesting. Among blacks, you have the lighter crowd who hisses at the high-yellow ones among them and snorts at the National Geographics who look like they just came out of the jungle. That is among the “blacks.” Then they turn right around and decree some immutable truth as is found in the black community. Hog wash.

What it going to happen to Herman Cain that will come from the black mouths as racial slur is something I am sure he has heard many times before. But the white liberal media will listen intently to the voices of the black community so that they can take cover in quoting what is said.

DNA has been a great disappointment to blacks. It fails to uncover the race. Therefore, black daddy and white momma Obama is not carrying a race marker and neither did his black daddy. But many blacks are not satisfied to lose their “black” identity or their black “community” as it makes them have to compete on a level playing field.

Herman Cain has never been less than proud of his skin, but he has not used it to bull his way past being fully qualified in his undertakings.

Understand?

Comment by Heliotrope — September 29, 2011 @ 3:22 pm - September 29, 2011

54. I had hopes for Huntsman, in spite of the “Mormon thing”, in-part because I thought Cain was too-far a long-shot. However Cain makes the most sense and isn’t a professional politician but a Man of Business. Romney I never took seriously as a man of business since primarily his firm is a corporate vulture, not a wealth-creator. Cain actually knows the travails and difficulties of small and medium-sized businesses, and how small and medium sized businesses…not more public-sector union jobs or crony capitalism…is the key to expanding the Economy.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — September 29, 2011 @ 3:35 pm - September 29, 2011

55. I will say, however, that all the team killing on the right really bugs the shit outta me.

A-men, brother!

Comment by Eric Olsen — September 29, 2011 @ 3:42 pm - September 29, 2011

56. Cains bounce in the polls is exciting and unexpected. Looking forward to linking this to my facebook page. Well said

Comment by Eddie — September 29, 2011 @ 4:09 pm - September 29, 2011

57. I’m intrigued enough by Herman Cain to contribute a few dollars to his campaign with more[robably) to follow. While I have some questions about his 9-9-9 plan, he at least has a PLAN with details. Mittens and Texas Mumbles have yet to release any details about anything that makes sense. I can’t wait for Herman’s campaign slogan…Cain vs Unable.

Comment by Mary — September 29, 2011 @ 4:33 pm - September 29, 2011

58. Ok I am just going to stick my neck out Cain/Haley 2012

Comment by Pamela — September 29, 2011 @ 4:42 pm - September 29, 2011

59. Like Reagan, Cain is his own man, comfortable in his own skin, has tremendous positive attitude (that’s probably a big part of how he beat cancer), is extremely resilient and quick with the comebacks, has a great sense of humor, loves America and BELIEVES in America.

Plus he has a great record of REAL success. Companies don’t make you CEO if you don’t make money for ’em. You have to show RESULTS, or you are out of there.

Compare that with BO’s one and only “executive experience” job running the Chicago Annenberg Challenge – he got paid to take millions from a foundation and redistribute it to a bunch of left-wing “community groups” tasked with improving Chicago’s schools – years later, the schools the groups had “helped” showed… ZERO improvement by every standard of measurement.

Comment by Kathy from Kansas — September 29, 2011 @ 4:45 pm - September 29, 2011

60. I also am endorsing HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT!!!

He makes sense! I would like to see a Cain/Rubio ticket.

Comment by TheOriginalPatriotMom — September 29, 2011 @ 5:01 pm - September 29, 2011

61. It doesn’t matter whether James once voted for a Republican for dog catcher, what matters is the position he has staked out for himself: He will vote Obama, whose stewardship of the economy has been incompetent at best and malicious at worst, because Republicans won’t pander to his sexual orientation.

Comment by V the K — September 29, 2011 @ 5:24 pm - September 29, 2011

62. … and also that public gloating over an opponents’s coming doom and degradation is perfectly kind, in no way a violation of James’ claim about himself that he treats opponents “with respect”. (cough)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 29, 2011 @ 5:37 pm - September 29, 2011

63. I will say, however, that all the team killing on the right really bugs the shit outta me.

We ought to be supportive of our candidates and mocking the Neo-liberals and burn-outs in the Paul circus.

Comment by TGC — September 29, 2011 @ 6:57 pm - September 29, 2011

64. TCG. I agree a 100pc.

Comment by John R — September 29, 2011 @ 8:00 pm - September 29, 2011

65. Still haven’t decided, but I like Cain. Kinda figured this is what you were up to, but why’d you have to wait til today?

Just the same, his 999 plan concerns me deeply. The last thing we need are new ways for the govt to tax and raise taxes.

Comment by AmericanElephant — September 29, 2011 @ 8:16 pm - September 29, 2011

66. Maybe it’s just me, but it’s still a very long time before the primaries and the 2012 election. Who knows what will happen during the next 14 months? Or the next 14 days? I liked Perry a bit at first, but he’s stumbled badly since he entered the race. I don’t watch any debates since I know I’ll undoubtedly vote Republican when it really counts.

Comment by Dottie Laird — September 29, 2011 @ 10:29 pm - September 29, 2011

67. I’m not registered with either party but haven’t voted for a Democrat (except for one city council race) since 2004 when I last made the mistake of voting for one running for statewide office. Consequently, I’m not the least bit invested at this point in the question of which candidate the Republicans should nominate, though I can see strengths and weaknesses of almost all of them (except Huntsman). My only hope is that whoever the nominee is can win.

Comment by Kurt — September 29, 2011 @ 10:33 pm - September 29, 2011

68. The Hermanator! I’m leaning that way, too. FWIW, I heard Mr. Cain on the Neil Boortz show saying that the 9-9-9 plan is a bridge to the Fair Tax. He alleges, and with good reason, that we cannot just drop the current system cold turkey and go straight to the Fair Tax. 9-9-9 is a businessman’s logical step-by-step plan to get from point A to point B after careful analysis. That’s solid, as far as I’m concerned. Now, who the heck is Gary Johson?

Comment by allyHM — September 30, 2011 @ 12:35 am - September 30, 2011

69. The other issue that I have found Herman Cain be adroit on addressing is separating his own personal views on gay issues versus his demonstrated public actions on how one treats others. The businesses that he’s run, Burger King and Godfathers’ Pizza, and the Natl Restaurant Association he’s represented, have been aggressive about non-discrimination based on sexual orientation. He may not be perfect on all G/L issues…but he’s put his money where his mouth is and actually done something reducing actual G/L discrimination in the workplace.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — September 30, 2011 @ 10:37 am - September 30, 2011

70. If they fix some of the issues with 9-9-9, I will absolutely love the man. Otherwise, of all the current candidates, and likely possible candidates, Cain has been my choice.
    I would even vote for Ron Paul, Romney, Christie, or Huntsman over 0bama, but given my druthers, I want Cain atop the ticket.

Comment by JP — September 30, 2011 @ 12:08 pm - September 30, 2011

71. If we should be lucky to have Herman win the WH, and when the left starts criticizing him, will Jeanie Garafolo, defend him saying it´s racist? Will she say they´re just angry that a black conservative is in the White House? Will she join the chorus of black liberals who have called him, Congressman Allen West, former Secretaries of State Condi Rice and Colin Powell, economist Thomas Sowell, ¨oreos.¨and Uncle Toms. Because they dare to have an different point of view they´re considered as having left the Democrats plantation. In the 1970 reelction of Ronald Reagan os Governor of California, a restaurant that had black waitresses, who on their beark was talking about the probable outcome.
    said of a black Republican, ¨I hated to vote against abrother, but he´s in the wrong party.¨That is the mindset that Herman was referring to when he said the blacks have been ¨brainwashed ¨by the Democrats.

Comment by Roberto — September 30, 2011 @ 6:36 pm - September 30, 2011

72. Sorry. No longer interested in candidates who pull the race card and support media attacks on other Republicans.

Cain had the perfect opportunity to call this out as an example of media hypocrisy and how they have no plan to deal with the SCOAMF’s record other than to call everyone racists.

And he blew it. Completely.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — October 2, 2011 @ 2:33 pm - October 2, 2011

73. […] HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT […]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Should politicians denounce audience members at their rallies who say hateful things or engage in rude behavior? — October 3, 2011 @ 10:36 am - October 3, 2011

74. Sorry NDT, I can’t condemn Cain on this one. I personally wouldn’t lease a hunting camp named “N*ggerhead”, ever. Now Perry did, and Perry says that he made reasonable and prompt efforts to get rid of the name. If true, then good on Perry. But Cain was going off the facts-as-reported, where significant questions existed about how reasonable and prompt Perry’s efforts really were. If Perry’s version is entirely right (and I’m not sure yet that it is), then Cain was mistaken and owes Perry an apology. But, given Cain’s sincere understanding of the facts, at the time he made the remarks in your link, I can’t condemn him just for having made those remarks. His remarks were appropriate if it’s true that Perry took years to remove the name – and clearly, Cain believed so and had been told so, at that time.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — October 3, 2011 @ 11:47 am - October 3, 2011

75. Ed Morrissey covers it today: http://hotair.com/archives/2011/10/03/is-cain-the-biggest-loser-in-wapos-hit-on-perry/

His conclusion:

I don’t find it at all surprising that Cain, who grew up in poverty and oppressive state-backed racism, would have an immediate and emotional reaction to this story. It seems almost churlish to scold [Cain] for calling [Perry’s alleged misdeed] “insensitive,” a rather mild criticism considering the nature of the term…

That said, the media has quite a track record of highlighting tenuous connections to racism when it comes to Republicans while, pardon the pun, whitewashing it when it comes to Democrats. Conservatives… [may rightly not] look kindly on those who bolster the case of the media, regardless of the context of life experience from which the reaction originates. That’s why it’s always best when these media “exposés” arise to withhold judgment until all of the facts are on the table.

I think that’s fair. Again, it puts Cain in the territory of having made a rookie mistake and owing an apology – not in the territory of being unsuitable for President.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — October 3, 2011 @ 12:41 pm - October 3, 2011

76. […] to post this earlier…  For those of you who haven’t read it, please read the excellent piece by my friend (and fellow…… Bruce’s endorsement of my man Herman Cain means another homocon is on the Herman Cain […]

Pingback by Homocons for Herman! « Red Barron — October 3, 2011 @ 2:39 pm - October 3, 2011

77. My partner and I like pizza too.

Comment by Ben — October 4, 2011 @ 5:35 am - October 4, 2011

78. I sincerely hope that Marcus Bachmann is down on his knees praying the gay and stupid right out of you. Oxymoron (heavy emphasis on moron) is the only way I can think of to describe this. Wait, maybe like chickens voting for Colonel Sanders.

Comment by Kathleen Troberg — October 4, 2011 @ 9:15 pm - October 4, 2011

79. I could not agree more with you about the gut feeling, many months ago I heard Herman Cain speak and I was hooked. I mentioned it to a physician I work with that Herman Cain would be a great President and he looked at me blankly as though I was speaking of a total stranger and made no comment. I do hope my “gut feeling” is correct and he will be our next president and that the physician knows who he is by now.

Comment by Peggy Stackhouse — October 6, 2011 @ 12:23 pm - October 6, 2011

80. I agree Herman Cain is great! He’s so refreshing, and he can think on his feet! Did you see him on MSNBC tonight? He was accused of avoiding military service and he had all the right answers, and didn’t hesitate a minute to let them know he was serving his country as a contractor. Herman Cain is a class act. He will make a good President that will leave a legacy of saving America. The question is how to get the RNC to recognize him as Presidential material?

Comment by Connie Blanken — October 6, 2011 @ 11:36 pm - October 6, 2011