Paul Ryan: My Hero

Posted by B. Daniel Blatt at 2:57 pm - November 3, 2011.
Filed under: Blame Republicans first,Noble Republicans

Ever since I “liked” Paul Ryan on Facebook, I have been treated on my own page to updates from this accomplished and principled young man, including this own today which echoes something we addressed on this very blog:

This fetching Wisconsin Republican has put forward a budget plan which passed the U.S. House. The president’s only released budget plan for the current fiscal year couldn’t even garner one Democratic vote in the U.S. Senate.

Remind me again, who’s calling whose branch of government a “do-nothing” institution?

1. Why is it a commendable thing to put forward a budget plan that has absolutely no chance of ever becoming a reality? From where I sit on my couch, I could put forward a budget plan that has absolutely no chance of ever becoming a reality, does that mean I can be your hero, too?

You’re convinced because Ryan can fart out a conservative wishlist of economic policies? You think that simply making a list of everything you want makes somebody an effective legislator? He’s not operating in a vacuum, you know. There is reality to consider, and you should be embarrassed to be fawning over a representative that is consciously living in a fantasy land and who prefers to stand idly by because a 535-person governing body refuses to simply comply with all of his wishes.

If you’re a conservative who honestly believes in all of these silly conservative policies, very recent history dictates that you simply aren’t justified in believing anything that a national Republican politician is saying. Until they return to power and have the actual capacity to implement all of these things they insist would be so helpful, you need to figure out how to see through their nonsense. All they’re doing is telling you everything you want to hear while enjoying none of the responsibility of leadership or decision-making. So before you start erecting monuments in his honor, why don’t you see if this crop can walk the walk?

Comment by Levi — November 3, 2011 @ 6:49 pm - November 3, 2011

2. Well, this one, Levi, passed a chamber of the federal legislature. Seems the purpose was for the Republicans to put forward their plan, then the Senate would vote on its plan. After that, knowing where each party stood, leaders could come together to reconcile the differences.

Comment by B. Daniel Blatt — November 3, 2011 @ 7:01 pm - November 3, 2011

3. Why is it a commendable thing to put forward a budget plan that has absolutely no chance of ever becoming a reality?

Largely because your heroes are about as qualified to shepherd an economy as, well, actual herders of sheep, only less honest.

Ummm….cell phone salesmen generally aren’t qualified to even comment on economics, let alone concoct some cockamamie budget plan.

Listen, sweetheart…if I want an analysis on which data plan might save me money, I’ll be sure to call you. Otherwise, do us all a favor and try to keep your skittle-shitting unicorn fantasies to yourself.

Hey kiddo…the DNC of November 2010 is calling. It wants it’s fantasies back.

I don’t usually take advice from children (especially those that were shitting their diapers while I was taking oaths), but when I do, trust me, you’ll be the first I call.

Again…I find it amazing that a latent, post-pubescent anti-free-speech hate artist somehow thinks he has some sway on a site he neither pays for, nor respects.

Comment by Eric Olsen — November 3, 2011 @ 7:02 pm - November 3, 2011

4. Seems the purpose was for the Republicans to put forward their plan, then the Senate would vote on its plan. After that, knowing where each party stood, leaders could come together to reconcile the differences.

Dan, you’d get better results trying to teach a Great Dane how to program a DVR.

G-d knows the dog would actually understand the concept of having to actually pay for said device.

Comment by Eric Olsen — November 3, 2011 @ 7:06 pm - November 3, 2011

5. Why is it a commendable thing to put forward a budget plan that has absolutely no chance of ever becoming a reality?

If the next president is a Republican, and the congress is controlled by the Republicans after 2012, then it might. At least Mr. Ryan is showing that the Republicans actually have a plan, which might actually get them some votes, thereby increasing the probabilitiy that their plan will become a reality. There is a campaign going on at the moment, you know. And, even if the Republicans have to change the plan to get it to pass, at least they a have a framework from which to start.

The political climate has changed since 2008. And, I would take my chances with someone that at least says he would enact policies that I agree with over someone who I know wouldn’t.

Again, giving the Democrats more power would ensure that the implementation of “all of these things [Republicans] insist would be so helpful” (which conservatives tend to agree with, at least with Republicans such as Paul Ryan) would guarantee that those things will not be implemented. And allowing people to see the Republicans’ message, which, in this case, is likely to resonate with many people, will increase the probability that the Republicans will return to power.

No-one is erecting monuments. And do you thing anyone will have the opportunity to “see if this crop can walk the walk” if we just ignore him? If people want to see Paul Ryan in a more powerful position, they have to spread his message and try to convince people to give him that power.

Comment by Naamloos — November 3, 2011 @ 8:52 pm - November 3, 2011

6. Does Levi ever bitch that Harry Reid and the Senate Democrats have gone three years without passing a budget?

No, he does not.

Comment by V the K — November 3, 2011 @ 9:00 pm - November 3, 2011

7. Please excuse my misspelling of “probability” in comment #5 (and any other errors that I may have missed).

Comment by Naamloos — November 3, 2011 @ 10:02 pm - November 3, 2011

8. Well, this one, Levi, passed a chamber of the federal legislature. Seems the purpose was for the Republicans to put forward their plan, then the Senate would vote on its plan. After that, knowing where each party stood, leaders could come together to reconcile the differences.

Certainly, the Republican Congress can stick together. That they show up to vote on a no-chance budget is no surprise. Again, all Ryan’s got is a checklist of every conservative policy fantasy, and the conservative’s have the House. Of course it passed. Did this take any effort? Was it at all a surprise that the Republicans voted together, as they almost always have? Is there anything at all unique about Paul Ryan that got the legislation passed by the House? The answers to all of those questions is no – that this passed was a foregone conclusion and it demonstrates nothing about the current Republican delegation other than their ability to pander.

I know, I know. They came up with their plan, but the mean ol’ Democrats are just so abusive and dismissive of the Republican Party and refuse to compromise on anything…. I don’t even want to bother with tackling that line of absurdity, but let’s get through to the purpose. The reality is that politics is a lot easier when you’re in the minority, because you can claim to have all the answers to all the problems but never have to worry about actually implementing your plans. Regardless of what happens in the economy right now, the Republicans can say “We have the answers!”, but they never have to take the test. All they have to do is strike this indignant tone, play-act as persecution victims that Obama just picks on all day, and watch as the government response to our economic problems is sidelined by their refusal to compromise/negotiate/be reasonable. The GOP gets to sound like the wizened economy experts that have the magic bullet prescription that Obama is keeping from the people. That’s why this budget exists and that’s why it was passed – not because anybody in the Republican establishment believed for one second that it would get anywhere in the Senate or past the veto pen.

And it’s a good thing for you guys that Obama is terrible at politics, because this little game that they’re playing is laughably transparent. I know this because when the Republicans had control of the House, Senate, and Presidency for the better part of 8 years, they didn’t do anything in the Ryan budget. Are we to believe that these are brand new Republicans that have learned their lesson, even when they haven’t actually been in the position of responsibility? Time will tell, I guess. But whenever the Republicans do control all three branches again, you’re just going to have to make the same excuses for them that you made for Bush, because they’re not going to pass anything like the Ryan budget either.

Comment by Levi — November 3, 2011 @ 11:04 pm - November 3, 2011

9. I do hope I can be lectured again by him sometime about internet etiquette, because oh, man. He just put on a clinic.

He may just skip the lecture and delete your comments, if he’s feeling less energetic. (BTW, nice to see you back Levi–that is, if you had left at all–your words are always a breath of fresh air and provide a good chuckle or two to boot. And you know how to whoop a55.)

Comment by Cinesnatch — November 3, 2011 @ 11:57 pm - November 3, 2011

10. Levi, I’m not sure what your point is. Yes, Paul Ryan may not be sincere with his intentions to actually enact his proposed budget if the Republicans win the presidency and end up controlling Congress. But there is a chance of that happening with the Republicans. The remoteness of that chance is irrelevant, because the chance of the Democrats passing a conservative budget is zero. Conservatives would be morons to vote for the Democrats just because they think the Republicans are being disingenuous. While it is always justified to be skeptical (especially of politicians), there really isn’t any reason I can see to assume that Paul Ryan is being disingenuous, or any more disingenuous than any other politician.

Comment by Naamloos — November 4, 2011 @ 12:21 am - November 4, 2011

11. There was a brief time, early in the 2008 campaign, where I was excited about the prospect of Obama becoming the President because I thought he would end the war. After all, the Democrats had been talking about ending the war for years, it seemed to be a popular move politically and it would have been a wise policy decision. Years later, we come to find out that this administration was desperately negotiating with the Iraqi government to keep troops in the country past the date that Bush had agreed upon. How about that? An aspiring politician was promising certain things while holding an accountability-free position in the minority that he clearly had no intention of following through on. Don’t you suppose that the same could be going on with Paul Ryan?

Problem is, Levi, we all called Obama out as a desperate liar who would say and do anything to get power way back in 2008.

You, meanwhile, who tout yourself as a super-genius, was busy fellating Obama and playing with yourself while somehow simultaneously screaming that anyone who doubted him or his motivations in any way, shape, or form was a moronic racist.

So you’re either a complete idiot for missing what was obvious to everyone else — or a desperate little rat who is trying to jump off the sinking S.S. Mocha Messiah by claiming you had no idea that Obama was actually duping the masses like you bragged about him doing at the time.

Which is it, Levi?

Meanwhile, the rest of your post is a laughable exercise in projection. You cannot, will not state that your Barack Obama is a stuttering clusterf*ck of a miserable failure, so you attack competent and intelligent people like Paul Ryan who make Obama look every bit the SCOAMF that he is in the hope that you can drag them down.

You teabagged Obama for years despite him having no budget, no plan, no results, and not an ounce of truthfulness anywhere in his body. For you to attack Ryan as you’re doing is not only hypocritical, it is an admittance that your Barack Obama is a complete and total failure — and that you are an idiot for ever believing him in the first place.

Hence why you receive insults, Levi. You haven’t articulated a coherent argument, just a screaming grab-bag of monkey poo. Hence you’re being treated like an incontinent monkey — diapered, put in a cage, and laughed at by intelligent people.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — November 4, 2011 @ 1:53 am - November 4, 2011

12. Intelligent people don’t see life through such a black and white prism. They also don’t refer to people as “screaming grab-bags of monkey poo.”

Comment by Cinesnatch — November 4, 2011 @ 2:11 am - November 4, 2011

13. Intelligent people don’t see life through such a black and white prism. They also don’t refer to people as “screaming grab-bags of monkey poo.”

They also don’t usually pay to maintain a website that nobody reads, sweetie.

Unless, of course, they’re that self-absorbed.

PS – No need to thank me for the link. To paraphrase Tom Robinson, “I felt right sorry for ya.”

Comment by Eric Olsen — November 4, 2011 @ 11:36 am - November 4, 2011

14. Why isn’t Paul Ryan running for President again?

:-(

Comment by Bruce (GayPatriot) — November 4, 2011 @ 11:43 am - November 4, 2011

15. Damned good question, Bruce…

:-(

Comment by Eric Olsen — November 4, 2011 @ 12:03 pm - November 4, 2011

16. He may just skip the lecture and delete your comments, if he’s feeling less energetic.

Oh, that’s simply fantastic.

Of course, given the fact that you’ve garnered a grad total of, what…ZERO comments on your own little site (aside from the one I left a few seconds ago, of course), one should hardly be surprised by your presence here, correct?

By the way…I’d be interested to know just why it is Levi feels so compelled to mock gay conservatives (albeit, rather sophomorically) when he himself is quite hetero. Seem a bit homophobic, no?

Comment by Eric Olsen — November 4, 2011 @ 11:12 am - November 4, 2011

17. Actually, that new smell in the air is Barack Obama boy Levi pissing himself.

Remember how Barack Obama and Levi screamed for more “regulation” of those evil Wall Street companies?

Looks like they let their donors run wild.

So there we have it. Levi and his Barack Obama scream for more “regulation” — but ignore regulations and let their donors do as they want.

That’s what makes you and your buddies like Cinesnatch such obviously-transparent hypocrites, Levi. You scream and whine and point fingers and demand that others be forced to follow the rules while you’re just flat-out ignoring them yourself.

This is nothing new in the socialist/communist world: it’s the old Soviet nomenklatura all over again, a group of privileged bureaucrats that preach equality to the people standing in bread lines and crammed into subways and tiny flats while they are driven around to their dachas with private chefs and fancy dinner parties.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — November 4, 2011 @ 12:55 pm - November 4, 2011

18. Oh, that’s simply fantastic.

And it’s true. And I’ve seen that you erased one of Levi’s fine comments, a small part of which you can find in a blockquote I quoted out of it.

ZERO comments on your own little site

I started the blog nine months ago. A more accurate number would be around sixty (comments). (I try to respond to all comments and there are total of something like 120, including mine, so I just divided that number in half.) I averaged 500 hits/day for the month of October and have had a couple of unsolicited links over the months that has brought in additional noticeable traffic. I’m proud of my site, as well as my writing skills and ability to review films. It’s a way for me to share my love of film, while honing my critical thinking skills. As far as paying for it, it’s free monetarily. Actually, through AdSense, I’ve accrued something like $12.80 over nine months. The only thing I pay for is in the time I spend on it, which I do gladly and when I feel so inspired.

I’ve been visiting GP for years and started commenting the Summer 2010 under several variations of “Vince” (i.e. Vinci S., Vince in WeHo) before finally switching over to “Cinesnatch” earlier this year.

I think it’s kind of funny that you brought my site into the conversation. And thanks for the mercy comment over at Cinesnatch. I wear it as a badge of honor.

As far as Levi’s personal life, I don’t have any comments, as it is none of my business and, unless you’re interested in dating someone or getting to know them, conjecturing about someone’s sexuality, especially in this day and age, is juvenile. As it is, he doesn’t link to any site, so I would wager to say, he would appreciate you not spreading his personal information if that is indeed him.

I would feel sorry for you, but I find your actions and words quite humorous. And the attention you’re giving me personally almost makes me blush.

Comment by Cinesnatch — November 4, 2011 @ 1:02 pm - November 4, 2011

19. 15.Why isn’t Paul Ryan running for President again?

Good question, Bruce. Perhaps he is a potential VP candidate. Or I can see him (and others like Christie who bowed out this time) running in 2016.

Comment by Pat — November 4, 2011 @ 1:09 pm - November 4, 2011

20. Forgot to finish my last sentence.

… if Obama wins re-election.

Comment by Pat — November 4, 2011 @ 1:10 pm - November 4, 2011

21. I would feel sorry for you, but I find your actions and words quite humorous.

Well hell, that’s about as snarky as being on the receiving end of an insult from the junkie who tries to clean my windshield at the freeway off ramp – and about as effective.

And the attention you’re giving me personally almost makes me blush.

Don’t flatter yourself, sweetie. You and I both know why you’re here, and why you’re allowed a certain degree of “leeway,” so to speak.

As far as Levi is concerned, I’m sure he doesn’t need you to fight his battles. After all, he’s the champion of negating the right to speak, should the offending speaker violate his strict terms.

Again…nice try, though.

Comment by Eric Olsen — November 4, 2011 @ 1:17 pm - November 4, 2011

22. I would feel sorry for you, but I find your actions and words quite humorous.

What can I say? You made me laugh.

Please explain, Eric, why I’m here, because are answers are not the same.

Comment by Cinesnatch — November 4, 2011 @ 1:32 pm - November 4, 2011

23. What can I say? You made me laugh.

Not terribly hard to do, all things considered.

Please explain, Eric, why I’m here, because are [sic} answers are not the same.

Somehow, I doubt that.

Comment by Eric Olsen — November 4, 2011 @ 2:00 pm - November 4, 2011

24. Well, I don’t doubt my statement. I am here to debate and I’m unaware of any “leeway.”

Comment by Cinesnatch — November 4, 2011 @ 2:08 pm - November 4, 2011

25. I am here to debate and I’m unaware of any “leeway.”

I’m not surprised.

As for your “debate,” well, I suppose that’s one way to look at it.

Comment by Eric Olsen — November 4, 2011 @ 2:14 pm - November 4, 2011

26. Eric >> You throw out Post #21 and then start playing possum. Is that your style now? Something tells me Post #27 will confirm that.

Comment by Cinesnatch — November 4, 2011 @ 2:22 pm - November 4, 2011

27. What is the Democrat alternative to the Ryan Plan? Cutting the deficit while sustaining Government spending at the current 24% of GDP would require an across-the-board 80-90% tax increase at all income levels. Is that preferable?

Comment by V the K — November 4, 2011 @ 2:25 pm - November 4, 2011

28. I love this guy Paul Ryan. He will be on the presidential ticket one day, but in the mean time he will be a tremendous asset in the house for whoever the next republican (I hope) president is.

Comment by David in N.O. — November 4, 2011 @ 3:32 pm - November 4, 2011

29. As far as Levi’s personal life, I don’t have any comments, as it is none of my business and, unless you’re interested in dating someone or getting to know them, conjecturing about someone’s sexuality, especially in this day and age, is juvenile.

Which is entertaining for you to say, because Levi does exactly that.

That’s what makes you so hilarious, Vince. You just blunder from hypocrisy to hypocrisy — mainly because you’re too stupid and lazy to actually investigate the things your little racist boy Levi says, and instead assume that anyone who attacks conservatives is always right.

And Eric is absolutely right; you’re being allowed leeway because conservatives are much nicer people than exploitative liberal gays like yourself.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — November 4, 2011 @ 4:00 pm - November 4, 2011

30. Eric >> You throw out Post #21 and then start playing possum. Is that your style now? Something tells me Post #27 will confirm that.

And something tells me that Vince is making the same mistake all liberals make…

Comment by V the K — November 4, 2011 @ 2:25 pm – November 4, 2011

Something tells me Vince really wishes he had an “edit” button right now.

Not just for this comment, mind you, but that isn’t for me to say.

ROFLMAO!!!!! :-D

Comment by Eric Olsen — November 4, 2011 @ 4:41 pm - November 4, 2011

31. (BTW, nice to see you back Levi–that is, if you had left at all–your words are always a breath of fresh air and provide a good chuckle or two to boot. And you know how to whoop a55.)

I thought I’d give it another try, I used to like posting here. Eric’s ruined that, more or less.

Comment by Levi — November 5, 2011 @ 8:44 am - November 5, 2011

32. Oh, that’s simply fantastic.

Well Eric, where is your website? How many comments do people leave on your articles? Do you even have one? Just because you’ve globbed onto a website with a readership that was built up by others, you think you’re justified making fun of other people’s less frequently visited sites?

You’re obsessed with this idea that I need to mock gay conservatives. I’ve explained to you before that it is completely incidental that this website is created by gay people. It has everything to do with your politics nothing to do with your sexuality. When have I ever said anything even remotely homophobic? Is it enough that I’m a liberal posting here? I thought it was conservatives who made of liberals for being consumed by labels and identity?

And as for posting my Facebook page, you’re just an asshole. I hope you fall down a flight of stairs buddy.

Comment by Levi — November 5, 2011 @ 8:56 am - November 5, 2011

33. Why, Levi? Are you afraid of people coming to your Facebook page and pissing all over it like you do to others and here?

And of course you’re a homophobe, just like you are a racist. Obama Party puppets like yourself cannot stand the thought of a minority member actually a) thinking they’re a person with value based on character rather than minority status and b) not at your feet thanking the white Massa for his plantation kindness.

Now go back to OccupyDC and keep making a fool of yourself. Trying to trash the Smithsonian was beyond stupid on your part, but you even managed to top that yesterday with using kids as human shields to stop traffic.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — November 5, 2011 @ 1:34 pm - November 5, 2011

34. And as for posting my Facebook page, you’re just an asshole.

I never claimed NOT to be, Reducto.

I hope you fall down a flight of stairs buddy.

Of course you do. When all else fails, resort to violent fantasies. I would’ve had more respect for you had you hoped to run into me in a dark alley. But then again, judging from the looks of you, I’d hazard to say you don’t have the sand.

Woof.

Comment by Eric Olsen — November 5, 2011 @ 6:54 pm - November 5, 2011

35. I never claimed NOT to be, Reducto.

I hope you fall down a flight of stairs buddy.

Woof.

My, what a pathetic little person you’re turning out to be.

Comment by Levi — November 6, 2011 @ 8:56 pm - November 6, 2011