Of prejudice and projection

Posted by B. Daniel Blatt at 5:05 pm - February 22, 2012.
Filed under: Liberal Intolerance,Liberals

What remains striking about the LA Times Op-Ed that I linked and critiqued earlier today is that the paper’s editors chose to publish it.

Now, to be sure, its author is representative of a certain type of liberal, she is not representative of American liberals in general. Indeed, many of us on the right have left-leaning friends who hold political views similar to the columnist, yet don’t shun people merely because of their politics.  As our reader sonicfrog relates in the comments:

My partner in the duo band Taylor Martin is a Socialist… No, not the socialist lite that many consider Obama to be, but a real card carrying Socialist / Communist. And he’s not quiet about it either. He’s a political hot-head and talks about how evil capitalism is all the time. Yet, we get along just fine.

I would dare say that he’s not the only GayPatriot reader (nor indeed the only right-of-center American) to have such friends.  By the same token, many (if not most) liberals have conservative friends with whom they continue to associate (and whose company the often enjoy) despite their political differences.

With that in mind, I ask agin, “What were the Times editors thinking when they accepted this piece of publication?”  Did they want to discourage liberal readers from befriending conservatives? Did they think she could serve as a role model? Or did they just want to make excuses for their own ideological isolation, explaining away their paucity of conservative friends and associates?

In reading this woman’s piece, we can see that, boy, she does have her issues, projecting her prejudices onto conservatives, contending we lack empathy– even as she provides evidence that they are.  And saying we’re not kind.

She assumes that should her conservative neighbor fall on hard times, he might well question his feeling “that the government shouldn’t be helping anybody out” as if he had never factored bad things happening to people into his political calculus.  Many of us righties do.  And that’s why most of us donate generously to charities.  (Is she aware of surveys showing conservatives to be more generous than liberals?)

One wonders why this woman refused to take the time and attempt to empathize with her conservative neighbor.  It does seem a kind person would at least consider his neighbor’s opinions.

1. You quoted sonicfrog’s friend… but not the price that sf pays to keep the friendship going, namely, that sf never challenges or openly disagrees with anything his friend says (though the friend does, it seems, know that sf thinks differently from him):

I just shake my head in faux agreement and go on with whatever we’re doing…

… you know how you can listen to someone talk at length about something, and you do that thing where, even though you don’t do it physically, you do roll a pair of imaginary eyes in the back of your head? I do that a lot when we’re not playing music…

So let’s be clear: sonicfrog’s friend does not appear much different from the intolerant liberal who wrote the LA Times article. By sonicfrog’s own account, the friendship survives because of *his* restraint (and I would say, self-censorship)… not his friend’s.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — February 22, 2012 @ 6:12 pm - February 22, 2012

2. Aargh sorry, meant “You quoted -about- sonicfrog’s friend…”

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — February 22, 2012 @ 6:13 pm - February 22, 2012

3. ILC… Yes. Absolutely. And it’s worth it, just as it’s worth it not to confront my Mormon mother-in-law on gay marriage. She and Greg’s Dad supported with time and money Prop 22, which happened to coincide when I first became part of the family, and they also gave money to support Prop 8. Somewhere between the two pieces of legislation, we had discussed the issue of same sex marriage, agreed to disagree, and that was that. Still, from day one, they accepted me as part of the family, and I couldn’t ask for more. My best friend in San Diego is very liberal. He also tends to talk politics. The only time I’ve called him on something is when he has disparaged the Mormons. I remind him that Greg’s family is Mormon, and he apologizes for crossing the line, then things go on. I’m agnostic, and in some respect, I think sometimes all organized religions are silly. But I don’t wear it on my sleeve, and I have not contempt at all for those who do believe strongly in the religion of their choice…. Except maybe the Westboro Baptist Church Tards and Scientologists, which really isn’t a religion anyway.

Bottom line – I don’t get this need to confront people on issues that you damned well know you won’t change their views and why some people let a difference of political opinions get in the way of friendships or family relations.

Dan said:

Just to be clear. He’s not Left. He’s not Far Left. He’s somewhere between Pacifica Radio and the heliopause, but much closer to the heliopause! :-).

Comment by sonicfrog — February 22, 2012 @ 6:42 pm - February 22, 2012

4. And it’s worth it

Never said it wasn’t.

My point was to Dan’s example. Dan cited it as an example of a tolerant liberal. No. It’s not an example of a tolerant liberal. By your own account, it’s an example of an intolerant liberal… you’re apparently the tolerant one, there.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — February 22, 2012 @ 7:00 pm - February 22, 2012

5. (i.e., by the details of your account… the “devil” or in this case, the real picture, is in the details)

Somewhere… we had discussed the issue of same sex marriage, agreed to disagree

It sounds like she *doesn’t* wave her politics in your face all the time, then, and expect you to take it. Does she? If she doesn’t, then she sounds like a potential example of a tolerant social conservative.

(Sidebar for social conservatives: See? I stick up for you.)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — February 22, 2012 @ 7:07 pm - February 22, 2012

6. ILC… I’m not picking a fight with you, just expanding on the topic at hand.

Comment by sonicfrog — February 22, 2012 @ 7:25 pm - February 22, 2012

7. I’m not picking a fight with you

Didn’t say you were. Interesting, that you felt the need anyway to say you weren’t.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — February 22, 2012 @ 7:26 pm - February 22, 2012

8. Since it’s been raised though, I may as well too:

just expanding on the topic at hand

Yup, same here.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — February 22, 2012 @ 7:29 pm - February 22, 2012

9. So to recap… So far and in actuality, we have:

- several examples of intolerant liberals/leftists
    - several examples or potential examples of tolerant non-liberals (tolerant social conservatives, tolerant Tea Party activists, independents who choose to tolerate extreme and intolerant leftists, etc.)
    - exactly one example of a tolerant liberal (sf’s other friend, the one in San Diego)

I know there are tolerant liberals. And for that matter, intolerant conservatives, intolerant libertarians, intolerant centrists / independents, etc.

I’m only saying, let’s not kid ourselves. Whenever we may have ongoing friendships with liberals, if we scratch the surface, surprisingly often it turns out that we are mostly the tolerant ones; the liberal still isn’t very.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — February 22, 2012 @ 7:41 pm - February 22, 2012

10. Actually… You know what’s fun? Go to a liberal friend, and say that, in your experience, you find conservatives to be more tolerant of other peoples differences than liberals

Oh! You’ll get an earful! I did just that with my liberal best friend in SD, and MAN, that set him off! And he didn’t like it when I pointed to him and said “look, this is EXACTLY what I mean”. ;-)

Of course, we all have the stories of telling our liberal gay friends of our intentions to vote for Bush in 2000! :-)

Comment by sonicfrog — February 22, 2012 @ 7:50 pm - February 22, 2012

11. I don’t mean to pick on liberals though, as there are plenty of less tolerant Conservatives to go around too.

Comment by sonicfrog — February 22, 2012 @ 7:52 pm - February 22, 2012

12. FTR in my own life:

- about half my liberal friends are equally as tolerant as me; we understand that we think differently, we ask about each other’s views with curiosity, and we don’t fight.
    - the other half of my liberal friends cannot be called tolerant; I’m the one doing most of the tolerating, much like sf’s situation with his music partner.
    - I can’t think of a single left-liberal I’ve ever known, friend or otherwise, who has showed me *more* tolerance than the (equal or greater) tolerance that I showed them. Not even during the 20 years when I was, myself, a raving left-liberal. Indeed, it was seeing/realizing the intolerance of my left-liberal companions “from the inside” (as one of them) that helped break the spell, that left-liberalism once held over me.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — February 22, 2012 @ 7:56 pm - February 22, 2012

13. it speaks volumes that you Proud Gay Conservatives can’t show your faces, or link to your own pages with your Gay Identities visible.

if being a Gay Conservative is so great, why are you all still living with your balls firmly in the closet?

Stop blaming “Liberals” for the fact that your fathers are ashamed to call you Son.

this site is GREAT for a laugh – a site for a group of insecure homosexual right-wingers who never got over the fact that your families wish they weren’t related to you

never forget, boys – your fathers are all ashamed of you.

Comment by Little_Kiwi — February 22, 2012 @ 8:03 pm - February 22, 2012

14. Of course, we all have the stories of telling our liberal gay friends of our intentions to vote for Bush in 2000

My first lover, who remained a friend til he died, responded by asking me if I were angry or lonely or depressed and did I really want to associate myself with Nazi skinheads…He was completely serious.

Comment by EssEm — February 22, 2012 @ 8:04 pm - February 22, 2012

15. Sorry ILC, your previous comments read a bit gruff to me. Maybe I’m just too used to arguing with you!!! :-)

Comment by sonicfrog — February 22, 2012 @ 8:04 pm - February 22, 2012

16. LK… you do realize that YOU comment here under an alias, right? LOL :-)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — February 22, 2012 @ 8:05 pm - February 22, 2012

17. Has Little Kiwi had a new thought in…decades?

Comment by EssEm — February 22, 2012 @ 8:06 pm - February 22, 2012

18. And just when you thought this was actually going to be a civil thread…..

Ummmm…. Lets see… We’re posting on a site that says “Gay Conservative” in the sub-heading, I’ve tallked about being gay on both FaceBook and my blog…. And what the HELL is a “Gay Identity” anyway?????

And BTW, my father’s not ashamed of me… He’s Dead! But when he was alive, he gave me praise more than a few times for various accomplishments, and…

Oh, am I feeding the troll again???? :-).

Comment by sonicfrog — February 22, 2012 @ 8:11 pm - February 22, 2012

19. And one more thing. If you’ll note, my ID is linked to my blog, and Dan links to my blog in his post, so there goes your assertion to the contrary.

Comment by sonicfrog — February 22, 2012 @ 8:13 pm - February 22, 2012

20. My most persistent liberal friend keeps insisting that my values mirror his values in almost every respect. The upshot being, I am wrong about considering myself “conservative.”

To wit: We both value marriage, two parent families, education, personal responsibility, the work ethic, charity, small and efficient government, cutting government waste, reasonable taxation, the free market and on and on.

Where we disagree (according to him) is how we deal with people who don’t carry out “our” views of all of the above. That is to say: the sheeple have to be herded, supported and led by the government before they overrun educated society in general.

This kind of amiable disagreement concerning the “management” of the “duds” in society is (according to my friend) the essential difference between conservatives and liberals. He sees conservatives as the crowd who would let the “duds” starve or would warehouse them or even exterminate them. On the other hand, the liberals are the white hat guys who will support them and try to lift them up in a true Good Samaritan kind of way.

My liberal friend weighs everything according to what the government should do with other people’s money in order to keep the lower intellect and/or unrefined class of the masses maintained, entertained, contained and killed in the womb.

I, on the other hand, find my liberal friend to be essentially amoral, if not immoral. But, of course, he might actually just be an ignoramus.

Perhaps the libs at the LA Times are something like my friend. They don’t see themselves as big government socialists. They see government as being the preferred choice for those who do not want to spend the time or energy or risk the disappointment in taking on the challenge personally of helping to extend the hand up to our brothers in need.

Comment by Heliotrope — February 22, 2012 @ 8:59 pm - February 22, 2012

21. Ironic that Little Wiwi would post in a thread on the topic of Projection and Prejudice, innit?

Comment by V the K — February 22, 2012 @ 10:31 pm - February 22, 2012

22. Conservatives are more tolerant? We’re talking about the party in 2008 that specifically included in the party platform advocacy of DOMA, encouragement of a constitutional amendment against same-sex unions, DADT, restricting adoption against gay parents and specifically not including sexual orientation in statements regarding discrimination? Is that tolerance?

Comment by Countervail — February 22, 2012 @ 11:00 pm - February 22, 2012

23. Looks like Countervail is more than a quart low on tolerance when it comes to Republicans.

Hey, Countervail, besides your one track mind on gay issues, how is that Hope and Change bull crap working out for you?

Comment by Heliotrope — February 22, 2012 @ 11:13 pm - February 22, 2012

24. Conservatives are more tolerant? We’re talking about the party in 2008 that specifically included in the party platform advocacy of DOMA, encouragement of a constitutional amendment against same-sex unions, DADT, restricting adoption against gay parents and specifically not including sexual orientation in statements regarding discrimination? Is that tolerance?

Countervail, did you notice we were talking about this on a personal level, not political; that we were discussing personal views and disagreements? Or is it that on average, liberals have less ability to separate the two?

Comment by sonicfrog — February 22, 2012 @ 11:59 pm - February 22, 2012

25. He sees conservatives as the crowd who would let the “duds” starve or would warehouse them or even exterminate them.

That’s funny. I see left-liberals as the crowd who would let the “duds” starve (i.e. deny them jobs and a growing economy, while cozening them into dependency) or would warehouse them (gulags, anyone? all leftism ends there ultimately) or even exterminate them.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — February 23, 2012 @ 1:06 am - February 23, 2012

26. Little Kiwi, I’m not sure how the following fits your limited perspective. I’m liberal leaning, but my father is conservative and Republican and makes no bones about it. However, he has always accepted me, was never ashamed of me or my sexual orientation, and accepts my partner as a son-in-law. In fact, he (and my mother) were witnesses at our civil union. As a bonus, the mayor of our city, a Democrat, was too ashamed to perform civil unions, while a Republican county clerk, who performed the ceremony, was not.

I’m not sure what point you are making. But you may want to reel in your repeated absolute declarations.

Comment by Pat — February 23, 2012 @ 6:08 am - February 23, 2012

27. I’m married to a liberal Democrat — and we have learned to accommodate our differences (for example, I don’t put out yard signs even though I’m the GOP precinct chair). And the Democrat precinct chair in my precinct is among my closest friends — turns out we are both the kids of career navy personnel and grew up in a lot of the same places as kids, even though we never knew each other. And one of my closest friends and colleagues at work is an African-American Democrat twenty years younger than me who has discovered we share many more beliefs on the world than he would have ever expected.

Comment by Rhymes With Right — February 23, 2012 @ 6:25 am - February 23, 2012

28. Pat,

Little fruit’s going to ignore you as data that doesn’t fit his image.

Ironically like the Op-Ed writer did.

Comment by The Livewire — February 23, 2012 @ 7:53 am - February 23, 2012

29. Pat,

Don’t take Little WeeWee as a representative of anything other than the voice of the demons that haunt his every sense of being. As I Christian, I pray for him to be healed and become a brother in the struggle of doing good and recognizing and avoiding evil.

He is no more a true representative of liberalism than a rabid raccoon is representative of cute woodland creatures.

Comment by Heliotrope — February 23, 2012 @ 10:16 am - February 23, 2012

30. Most of my leftie friends have no idea that they are friendly with a conservative. I have lost friends when I have announced that I am conservative. Sometimes it’s worth just keeping my mouth shut. Of course there are those who know and don’t have an issue but I am very careful about disclosing that info.
    As to LAT, their bubble is getting smaller and instead of reaching across the aisle – they retreat further.

Comment by Leah — February 23, 2012 @ 11:49 am - February 23, 2012

31. I pick and choose my battles with left leaning friends. They tend to be immature and emotional, so you have to be even more clever to make your point.

I find one of the best way to deal with the situation is to steer clear of sounding partisan (esp when it comes to the gay agenda) and sound somewhat sympathetic to Democrats while actually backhanding them.

The last discussion I got involved in with was a “Shame on you Chris Christie” comment.

I started off by just saying “He’s just setting himself up for a presidential run.”

Leftist comments poured in.

I then said, “Well, President Obama has the exact same position.”

Reply: “Well I don’t like Obama’s position, but you have to admit he’s light years ahead of the Rs on this. He’s just being a politician.”

Me: “Well how do you expect to make any progress when all democrats can’t even get on board. In the New Jersey Senate vote, 6 Ds voted NO and 3 Ds chickened out and abstained! At least we know how the Rs are going to vote. When I lived in Hawaii, Linda Lingle (R) got raked over the coals for vetoing civil unions and punting to the voters like Christie did. Ds there have a super majority of both state houses but couldn’t even find enough votes to override! We need to start holding Ds feet to the fire because there are plenty of anti-gay Democrats who continue to vote against our interest. ”

That shut the discussion down.

Comment by ChrisH — February 23, 2012 @ 12:30 pm - February 23, 2012

32. Conservatives are more tolerant? We’re talking about the party in 2008 that specifically included in the party platform advocacy of DOMA, encouragement of a constitutional amendment against same-sex unions, DADT, restricting adoption against gay parents and specifically not including sexual orientation in statements regarding discrimination? Is that tolerance?

Comment by Countervail — February 22, 2012 @ 11:00 pm – February 22, 2012

Gee, Countervail, you know what?

Go.

To.

Hell.

As we see, you don’t care if Obama Party leaders discriminate. You don’t care about the FMA and DOMA if Obama Party members support them. You don’t care about harassment if your Obama Party owners are doing it.

Your opposition is not in the least bit principled. It is sheer, raw, blind hyperpartisanship, and you have the unmitigated gall to pretend that it’s about your minority status and claim that all gays share your irrational hatred of and bigotry towards Republicans, conservatives, and people with religious beliefs.

When you grow the balls to man up and call out people in your own party who are actually doing all the things that you accuse Republicans of doing, then you can comment. But for now, you have just exposed yourself as a complete and total hypocrite and partisan bigot.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — February 23, 2012 @ 12:33 pm - February 23, 2012

33. “Most of my leftie friends have no idea that they are friendly with a conservative. I have lost friends when I have announced that I am conservative. Sometimes it’s worth just keeping my mouth shut.”

I have found that keeping silent exacts its own toll.

Comment by pst314 — February 23, 2012 @ 1:02 pm - February 23, 2012

34. Can you expand on that?

Comment by sonicfrog — February 23, 2012 @ 1:19 pm - February 23, 2012

35. sonicfrog – I have a great “I voted for Bush” story. I was at a party in January 2001 discussing the recently completed recount mess with seven other gay men. One of them said “I heard that 25% of gay voters voted for Bush and I just can’t believe that’s true.” I threw caution to the wind and said, “I voted for Bush” and before anyone could react another guy in the group said, “So did I”. I immediately pointed out that two of us, out of eight, had voted for Bush…25%. To their credit, the others laughed and we moved on to other topics. Sometimes life is just too perfect

Comment by Draybee — February 23, 2012 @ 3:52 pm - February 23, 2012

36. Draybee, good for you! I didn’t vote Bush in 2000. But I did in 2004. Kerry, I think, would have been even worse than Obama has been.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — February 23, 2012 @ 6:12 pm - February 23, 2012

37. Thanks Livewire and Heliotrope. I tried to engage Little Kiwi on his views. If he was interested in civil dialogue, I would have been happy to discuss things further. If his response was uncivil, repeated the same mantra, or was otherwise unresponsive, I was prepared to ignore it and move on. I had no illusions that the former was a realistic possiblility, but decided to give it a shot anyway.

Comment by Pat — February 23, 2012 @ 6:26 pm - February 23, 2012

38. Little Kiwi has absolutely no interest in actually being open and discussing anything. Unlike some of the other liberals who visit this site, he is a pure 100% troll in every sense of the word.

Comment by sonicfrog — February 23, 2012 @ 6:50 pm - February 23, 2012

39. Draybee, your situation went much much better than mine. When at the local bar I said I was going to vote for Bush and I got the “you’re gonna do WHAT” reaction, I thought I was going to get bashed by my own kind, as Kiiwi would have me call them.

Comment by sonicfrog — February 23, 2012 @ 6:54 pm - February 23, 2012

40. Countervail’s rant reveals that many leftists are incapable of separating the personal from the political; which is frankly stupid. Maybe it’s because conservatives are more oriented toward policy than to force of personality; we don’t see politicians as our friends, just people who may or may not enact policies we favor. Lefties on the other hand see political disagreement as personal rejection, and people who don’t agree with them as enemies.

Comment by V the K — February 23, 2012 @ 10:57 pm - February 23, 2012

41. My lefty friends have known about my conservatism since college. Some of them couldn’t handle it and are no longer friends. Others tolerate it.

It’s actually sort of advantageous to us, as conservatives, to be immersed in media and academic cultures where leftism is the norm. We know all about them. They live in bubbles and don’t really know us.

Comment by V the K — February 23, 2012 @ 11:02 pm - February 23, 2012

42. 34. sonicfrog 1:19pm “Can you expand on that?”

You cannot participate openly and honestly in conversations: You have to either remain silent or endorse ‘facts’ and ideas that you believe to be wrong and even pernicious. If you remain silent you feel cut off because you are not participating but playing a role. If you lie about your beliefs in order to go along to get along, then you know in your heart that you are betraying yourself (and merely in order to curry favor from people who would despise you–and very possibly ostracize you.) Either way, it’s psychologically wearing.

Furthermore: Just knowing that these ‘friends’ would despise you is a constant reminder that they are not really friends.

If you pay for their friendship in the coin of dishonesty, then what kind of friendship is it? A friendship that must be purchased is not worth anything–not in the long run. Eventually you will realize that although you get some short-term pleasure from the socializing, there is something important missing and you are not really happy. You always have to guard your tongue and never let your guard down, which leaves you feeling tired and dissatisfied and alienated.

Comment by pst314 — February 23, 2012 @ 11:31 pm - February 23, 2012

43. Another kind of problem arises from particular things that your liberal friends may say to you:

If a feminist’s reaction to reports of men being falsely accused of crimes is that she doesn’t care–not even when the lynching party was largely composed of academics and supposed defenders of human rights, then you have to wonder what kind of friend she would be if you were a victim of false accusations.

If a liberal says that he approves of the criminal prosecution for ‘islamophobia’ of people like Mark Steyn, then you have to wonder what he might like to do to you.

And so on with various other examples.

Such doubts tend to eat away at a friendship.

Comment by pst314 — February 23, 2012 @ 11:42 pm - February 23, 2012

44. One last comment:

The liberal habit of punishing “friends” who commit heresy is a political tool to silence dissent and dominate public discourse.

Whether you are cowed into silence or bullied into isolation, the thugs will count it as a win.

Comment by pst314 — February 23, 2012 @ 11:47 pm - February 23, 2012

45. #39
    When I said I was going to vote for Ohio’s DOMA and explained why I got that look from a lot of my D/s friends. Amusingly it was my one lesbian friend in the group who understood, if disagreed with, my logic; the rest were hetero.

Comment by The Livewire — February 24, 2012 @ 8:03 am - February 24, 2012

46. You cannot participate openly and honestly in conversations

Conversations is the key word. I’ll talk politics and personal views in detail with friends / people I know I can have a conversation with. Lets take Dan B, the one and only Gay Patriot West. Although we may differ on this opinion or that, we can e-mail each other all day long and have our disagreements and still be civil. His attitude is the role model for what I would hope everyone would be like.

But they’re not.

If there’s not a discussion and exchange of ideas, you know, real intelligent back and forth, then i simply won’t bother. Politics is not the most important thing in my life by any means. If it were, I would not be able to play more than half the music that I do, whether it’s Jim’s occasional anti-corporate rants, or many of the songs in my Police Tribute band, or 3/4 of all the music written about having heterosexual hook-ups and hot girls (gross), or even sing Highway To Hell, one of my signature songs.

That people have differing view than I do, even if i think they are wrong, dead wrong, just doesn’t mater to me nearly as much as it used to. I’m kind of over it. I value a persons friendship more than I value my urge to scratch the itch to try and be politically or morally superior. Usually, nothing good comes from it except frustration and bitter feelings on both sides.

Comment by sonicfrog — February 24, 2012 @ 11:27 am - February 24, 2012

47. Bedfellows make strange politics. My recently departed bf professed to be leftist because his family supported, and still do, the FMLN. However, as I scratched his surface by questioning I found a closeted right winger.
    There might be more out there.

Comment by Roberto — February 24, 2012 @ 12:25 pm - February 24, 2012

48. I guess I have different levels of friends. My true close ones know my politics, with some I can talk about it, with some we simply agree to disagree and don’t talk politics.
    I have many friends with whom I share some interests – we socialize – but they are not part of my inner circle. We rarely talk politics, and if it comes up, I can afford to be silent.
    Then there are my political friends – the ones I see eye to eye with politically – but you know what, that is as far as it goes – I don’t want them in other parts of my life.
    Life isn’t one simple ‘one size fits all’.

Comment by Leah — February 25, 2012 @ 8:30 pm - February 25, 2012

49. [...] The Razor – Mission Accomplished: Rising Gas Prices Are Exactly What Obama Wants Gay Patriot – Of prejudice and projection VA Right! – Obama’s ‘Metro-sexual’ Apology Seen as Weakness to Radical Islamists The [...]

Pingback by Watcher of Weasels » Watcher’s Council Nominations – Special Apology Edition — February 29, 2012 @ 2:38 am - February 29, 2012

50. [...] Gay Patriot – Of prejudice and projection [...]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Nominations for the Watchers’ Council (Leap Year Day Edition) — February 29, 2012 @ 2:45 am - February 29, 2012

51. [...] Gay Patriot – Of prejudice and projection [...]

Pingback by Watcher’s Council Nominations: Special Apology Edition | therightplanet.com — February 29, 2012 @ 2:57 am - February 29, 2012

52. [...] Gay Patriot – Of prejudice and projection [...]

Pingback by This Week’s Watcher’s Council Nominations | therightplanet.com — February 29, 2012 @ 2:58 am - February 29, 2012

53. [...] Gay Patriot – Of prejudice and projection [...]

Pingback by Watcher’s Council Nominations – Special Apology Edition - ScrollPost.com — February 29, 2012 @ 8:25 am - February 29, 2012

54. [...] Gay Patriot – Of prejudice and projection [...]

Pingback by Watcher’s Council Nominations – Special Apology Edition | askmarion — February 29, 2012 @ 1:55 pm - February 29, 2012

55. [...] Gay Patriot – Of prejudice and projection [...]

Pingback by Trevor Loudon's New Zeal Blog » Watcher’s Council Nominations – Special Apology Edition — February 29, 2012 @ 2:42 pm - February 29, 2012

56. [...] Gay Patriot – Of prejudice and projection [...]

Pingback by Watcher’s Council Nominations – Special Apology Edition | Virginia Right! — February 29, 2012 @ 3:31 pm - February 29, 2012

57. [...] Gay Patriot – Of prejudice and projection [...]

Pingback by Leap in Here | — February 29, 2012 @ 9:03 pm - February 29, 2012

58. [...] Apology Seen as Weakness to Radical Islamists Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Gay Patriot –Of prejudice and projection Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Mellow Jihadi –No More Weapons! Non-Council WinnersFirst [...]

Pingback by Watcher of Weasels » The Council Has Spoken!! This Week’s Watcher’s Council Results — March 2, 2012 @ 3:22 am - March 2, 2012

59. [...] Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Gay Patriot –Of prejudice and projection [...]

Pingback by The Council Has Spoken!! This Week’s Watcher’s Council Results | Independent Sentinel — March 2, 2012 @ 8:48 am - March 2, 2012

60. [...] Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Gay Patriot –Of prejudice and projection [...]

Pingback by This Week’s Watcher’s Council Results | therightplanet.com — March 2, 2012 @ 10:38 am - March 2, 2012

61. [...] Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Gay Patriot – Of prejudice and projection [...]

Pingback by Trevor Loudon's New Zeal Blog » The Council Has Spoken!! This Week’s Watcher’s Council Results – 03/02/12 — March 2, 2012 @ 2:22 pm - March 2, 2012

62. [...] Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Gay Patriot –Of prejudice and projection [...]

Pingback by The Council Has Spoken!! This Week’s Watcher’s Council Results | Sago — March 2, 2012 @ 3:27 pm - March 2, 2012

63. [...] Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Gay Patriot –Of prejudice and projection [...]

Pingback by March to the Sea | — March 2, 2012 @ 11:03 pm - March 2, 2012

64. [...] Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Gay Patriot –Of prejudice and projection [...]

Pingback by The Council Has Spoken!! This Week’s Watcher’s Council Results – 3-3-2012 | Virginia Right! — March 3, 2012 @ 6:51 am - March 3, 2012

65. [...] Gay Patriot – Of prejudice and projection [...]

Pingback by Bookworm Room » Watcher of Weasels — good food for smart, hungry brains — March 3, 2012 @ 7:40 am - March 3, 2012