Andrew Breitbart: Better Friend to Gays than Barack Obama?

That’s what Cynthia Yockey thinks.

1. It’s a fair comparison: activist verses sitting president.

Hey, can you write a post about me and everyone else who were better friends to the gays than George Bush 2001 – 2008? Just wondering. Because it carries the same relevancy.

Meaning none.

I’m glad Cynthia Yockey could mourn the death of her friend without politicizing it.

Comment by Cinesnatch — March 2, 2012 @ 3:12 am - March 2, 2012

2. The clientele of the Man’s Country bath house might disagree with that hypothesis.

Comment by V the K — March 2, 2012 @ 6:17 am - March 2, 2012

3. VtheK —> *snicker*

Comment by Bruce (GayPatriot) — March 2, 2012 @ 9:22 am - March 2, 2012

4. [...] Please read: Brietbart wanted to include gays in conservative coalition and Breitbart better friend to gays than Barack Obama [...]

Pingback by Andrew Breitbart Dead of Natural Causes, 1969 -2012, RIP | Independent Sentinel — March 2, 2012 @ 10:24 am - March 2, 2012

5. VTK >> Yeah, you’re probably right. The activist doesn’t even measure close.

Comment by Cinesnatch — March 2, 2012 @ 10:53 am - March 2, 2012

6. i understand your anger – it must be awful to know that a Black Democrat has more respect for the LGBT Community than your own White Republican families.

Breitbart was a racist scumbag and his children are better off without him. Now they may have the opportunity to learn about truth, justice, equality and courage instead of the proud ignorance and lies their father decided to leave as his legacy.

i encourage the youth of america to go out for a big taco bell dinner, drive to the cemetery, and take a wicked dump on Breitbart’s grave.

Comment by Little_Kiwi — March 2, 2012 @ 4:38 pm - March 2, 2012

7. 6.i understand your anger – it must be awful to know that a Black Democrat has more respect for the LGBT Community than your own White Republican families.

Comment by Little_Kiwi — March 2, 2012 @ 4:38 pm – March 2, 2012

Given that you call this respect, that explains how epically skewed your worldview is.

What’s the matter, Kiwi? Would your family stop loving you if you condemned Barack Obama and the Barack Obama Party for supporting sexual harassment of and discrimination against gays? Is that why you’re so self-hating that you have twisted Barack Obama’s support of sexual harassment of and discrimination against gays into “respect”?

Doesn’t it worry you that your parents say black Democrats like Barack Obama should be allowed to harass and discriminate against gays? Doesn’t the fact that your parents support and endorse black Democrats who harass and discriminate against gays show you that they hate you and wish you weren’t their son?

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — March 2, 2012 @ 6:53 pm - March 2, 2012

8. As a liberal, I do not support the type of angry language LW uses to express his feelings towards a man who operated the same way.

Comment by Cinesnatch — March 2, 2012 @ 8:06 pm - March 2, 2012

9. I mean LK

Comment by Cinesnatch — March 2, 2012 @ 8:08 pm - March 2, 2012

10. As a liberal, I do not support the type of angry language LW uses to express his feelings towards a man who operated the same way.

It’s too bad you can’t seem to tell the difference between what Breitbart said and what Little Kiwi said in comment #6. I’ll say again that I disapprove of what Breitbart said following Ted Kennedy’s death, even though Ted Kennedy was a despicable person, but comment #6 is just plain revolting.

Comment by Rattlesnake — March 2, 2012 @ 10:08 pm - March 2, 2012

11. As a liberal, I do not support the type of angry language LW uses to express his feelings towards a man who operated the same way.

Comment by Cinesnatch — March 2, 2012 @ 8:06 pm – March 2, 2012

Ah, so you totally agree with what Little Kiwi said, just not how he said it.

Actually, I respect Little Kiwi a bit more for being honest about hating Breitbart. You not only hate Breitbart, you’re dishonest about it.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — March 2, 2012 @ 10:43 pm - March 2, 2012

12. Rattlesnake,
    I’m not interested in debating if there is more honor in calling someone “a special pile of human excrement” verses taking a sh!t on someone’s grave. They’re both deplorable. It’s too bad you feel a need to distinguish between this language. I just don’t.

As a person, if I had to choose between being the presence of Breitbart or LK, I would choose Breitbart. LK is short-sighted and caught up in his own narrative. He’s filled with anger and holds other people who don’t think like he does responsible for it.

I don’t begrudge LK’s opinons of Breitbart (obviously, if you were reading the recent 100+ post thread–I made it clear that I believe he was disingenuous and lacked integrity). However, I find the language LK used about him inappropriate, which, as a liberal, I don’t in any way condone.

Comment by Cinesnatch — March 2, 2012 @ 11:30 pm - March 2, 2012

13. And, as much as I don’t agree with Breitbart’s tactics, he strikes me as someone who would be fun to have a beer with.

Comment by Cinesnatch — March 2, 2012 @ 11:41 pm - March 2, 2012

14. Cinesnatch, whether or not you are interested in debating “if there is more honor in calling someone “a special pile of human excrement” verses taking a sh!t on someone’s grave,” I am going to post my response anyway. So just ignore my comment if you don’t care.

The reason I distinguish between it is that, in my opinion, Ted Kennedy was a despicable person. Breitbart was simply calling a spade a spade. It would have been nice if he would have shown more class in doing so, but he obviously wasn’t the kind of person that cared about what people thought of him.

He certainly didn’t deserve things like comment #6 directed at him, regardless of whether or not he just died. He wasn’t a murderer, or even a criminal to my knowledge. All he did was p*ss off the left.

The difference is the target. I have no reservations in celebrating death when the death I am celebrating is that of Kim Jong Il, Osama bin Laden, or Clifford Olson. I wouldn’t put Ted Kennedy in the same league as any of them, and I wouldn’t celebrate his death, but I’m not going to remember him as something he wasn’t. Unlike any of them, Andrew Breitbart was a good person.

And thank you for at least criticizing Little Kiwi.

Comment by Rattlesnake — March 3, 2012 @ 12:04 am - March 3, 2012

15. RS, I see where you are coming from. And I understand. And, it’s not that I don’t care what you think, I just don’t agree.

I don’t/can’t celebrate the death of anyone. I may experience relief after the death of certain people, but that’s about it.

Comment by Cinesnatch — March 3, 2012 @ 12:17 am - March 3, 2012