Sally Field Offers the official gay Democratic response to Obama’s comments on gay marriage

It doesn’t matter what he does or hasn’t done; it does matter that he likes us.

1. lol
    Very appropriate clip.

Comment by Sara — May 9, 2012 @ 9:56 pm - May 9, 2012

2. Hilarious! Hear the audio of Rush Limbaugh launching “Rush Babes For America”…

Comment by Steve — May 9, 2012 @ 10:18 pm - May 9, 2012

3. Inappropriate. Sally Field has worked hard enough that digging up this clip is stale. Would have been funny (maybe) in 1997. Update your references.

Comment by Cinesnatch — May 10, 2012 @ 12:48 am - May 10, 2012

4. The fact that he had to dig it up means it’s so old it’s new. I think it’s funny.

Comment by Brian — May 10, 2012 @ 1:12 am - May 10, 2012

5. New to you. And Dan.

Comment by Cinesnatch — May 10, 2012 @ 1:19 am - May 10, 2012

6. The next clip I intend to use is older even than the one above–48 years old, to be exact.

Comment by B. Daniel Blatt — May 10, 2012 @ 1:21 am - May 10, 2012

7. Older does NOT always equal stale.

The Sally Field clip = stale. Been there, done that, 1,000x over.

Will be waiting for what you have in store, Dan.

1964? Hmmn. Dr. Strangelove?

Comment by Cinesnatch — May 10, 2012 @ 1:26 am - May 10, 2012

8. P.S. Let’s all keep in mind that Sally Field WON her SECOND Oscar. So …

Fortuitous, on your part, Dan, … me thinks …

Comment by Cinesnatch — May 10, 2012 @ 1:30 am - May 10, 2012

9. Sally Field is GAY?!? But she dated Burt Reynolds!

Comment by Draybee — May 10, 2012 @ 3:09 am - May 10, 2012

10. And Burt Reynolds was best friends with closet-case Dom Deluise. What’s your point?

Comment by Cinesnatch — May 10, 2012 @ 3:23 am - May 10, 2012

11. I was making a joke, Cinesnatch. Not a great one I admit. They can’t all be gems.

Credit me, though, with a sense of humor. I may be philosophically to the right of you, but I do like to laugh. As the communist handler in “The Manchurian Candidate” said, “Always with a bit of humor.”

I liked that guy.

I have no idea, nor would I care if Sally Field were gay. Although if you have some gossip. Dish, dish, dish!

Comment by Draybee — May 10, 2012 @ 4:02 am - May 10, 2012

12. Draybee, in the original Manchurian Candidate, of course. 🙂

Comment by B. Daniel Blatt — May 10, 2012 @ 4:06 am - May 10, 2012

13. My utmost apologies, Draybee.

I didn’t get the humor, but I have no problem withdrawing my last post.

As far as dish, I can’t offer any. I can’t imagine Sally Field scissoring it with a sister, though. But, I’d love to be pleasantly surprised.

But, then, again, I would have also loved it if her and Burt Reynolds would have grown old together. Oh well. Ce’st la vie.

Comment by Cinesnatch — May 10, 2012 @ 4:12 am - May 10, 2012

14. Sally Field is hot, regardless of where she does or does not scissor. 😉

Comment by Evan Hurst — May 10, 2012 @ 7:05 am - May 10, 2012

15. […] though, as Gay Patriot quips, paraphrasing Sally Field, “It doesn’t matter what [Obama] does or hasn’t done; it does matter that he likes […]

Pingback by Instapundit » Blog Archive » GAY MARRIAGE AS A DISTRACTION: Roger L. Simon writes, “Unlike Barack Obama, I have been an unwaverin… — May 10, 2012 @ 8:56 am - May 10, 2012

16. Cinesnatch-

Your boorish behavior is what has become stale. If you don’t have any productive points to bring to the table, except constant attacks on Dan or I, then I’d like to ask you to leave.

Comment by GayPatriot — May 10, 2012 @ 11:10 am - May 10, 2012

17. Hot, Evan, that’s not the word I’d use to describe Sally Field, but talented actress who is often very (very, very) funny, indeed, with many (many, many) notable accomplishments to her name.

Comment by B. Daniel Blatt — May 10, 2012 @ 12:24 pm - May 10, 2012

18. I would describe Sally Field circa 1979 as hot. That’s just my opinion.

Comment by Cinesnatch — May 10, 2012 @ 7:25 pm - May 10, 2012