Richard Grenell Speaks

More on this anon.

1. Leftists start putting words in Richard Grenell’s mouth in, 3, 2, 1………

Comment by Richard Bell — May 23, 2012 @ 3:18 pm - May 23, 2012

2. This is a rational man. No rational man can combat what is irrational on the left or the right. Some on the right deny him his “right” to be homosexual and many on the left deny him his right to be a conservative homosexual. Those on the left who oppose him are ideologically driven to punish him for not being a “proper” homosexual. That he would work for Republicans even deepens their intolerance of him.

This pretty much boils down to some exercising old fashioned bigotry while those on the other side would like to get their hands on him and politically reeducate him and make him into a good homosexual liberal. At least it is clear who the dictators are.

Comment by heliotrope — May 23, 2012 @ 4:10 pm - May 23, 2012

3. “I can support Mr. Romney for president but not agree with all of his stated policies,” Grenell wrote. “I can be proud of President Obama’s personal support for gay marriage and still take exception to his dismal national-security and economic records.” from his WSJ op-ed.

and another tidbit of news. . .a comment from Colin Powell

Are you with the president in supporting gay marriage?
    POWELL: I have no problem with it. And it was the congress that imposed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.” It was certainly my position, and my recommendation, to get out us of an even worse outcome that could have occurred, if you’ll recall. But, as I’ve thought about gay marriage, I know a lot of friends who are individually gay but are in partnerships with loved ones. And they are stable a family as my family is. And they raise children. And so I don’t see any reason not to say that they should be able to get married under the laws of their state or the laws of the country, however that turns out – it seems to be the laws of the state.
    There may be religious objections to it, and I respect that many denominations have different points of view with respect to gay marriage. And they can hold that in the sanctity of their place of religion and not bless them or solemnize them. But, in terms of the legal matter of creating a contract between two people that’s called marriage, and allowing them to live together with protection of law, it seems to me is the way we should be moving in this country.
    And so I support the president’s decision, and I think most Americans increasingly understand that times have changed, just like they changed between gays in the military and when I was able to support removing that barrier to service. And so I hope everybody will just carefully look at this, and I understand the religious objections to it. But at the same time, we are a country that is open to diversity and change. And my experience with many of my gay and lesbian friends is that they form unions as strong as any other unions I’ve seen and raise children that are good, strong children. And are either or heterosexual or homosexual, lesbian, depending on themselves, not because their parents happen to be.

Comment by rusty — May 23, 2012 @ 4:50 pm - May 23, 2012

4. Someone I’d like to know!

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — May 24, 2012 @ 1:17 am - May 24, 2012

5. What Grenell said was fine, except for one thing. He could say this was a distraction all he wants. But the fact is Romney and Grenell did give in to these distractions. I could almost understand them giving in to members of the party. But to actually admit that the left was part of the reason for his resignation was mindboggling in my view.

Comment by Pat — May 24, 2012 @ 9:14 am - May 24, 2012

6. Pat, if Grennell just ‘left’ it to the whining and consternation of the vocal right. . .it would have left another bitter taste for those socons still on the fence and pondering ROMNEY.

He did state at some point that the hubbub was all about the flurry of catcalls and denouncements from the FAR left and far RIGHT.

Too bad that he didn’t get into the Romney camp. Who knows what will happen down the road.

There was also very little acknowledgement for Rick’s little twitter tantrums and twisted tweets about the Gingrich’s, particularly, Mrs. Gingrich (pick a, b, or c)

Comment by rusty — May 24, 2012 @ 10:56 am - May 24, 2012

7. Rusty, if I get what you are saying, that it was politics that he had to include the left as part of the distraction then. And I guess it worked. In fact, I believe it was only Fischer who criticized Romney for listening to him, and letting his distractions be a factor. No one in the Obama camp, as far as I know, questioned Romney’s leadership on this matter. I may be alone on this one.

Comment by Pat — May 24, 2012 @ 11:54 am - May 24, 2012

8. There were supposedly some of those mean spirited lefty folk particularly in the lavender clan calling out Grenell because of his vocal support for SSM and his allegiance with Romney who signed off on the NOM document – save OSM opposite Sex Marriage from those evil ho mo sex huals!

Comment by rusty — May 24, 2012 @ 12:21 pm - May 24, 2012

9. True, Rusty. What surprised me, is that someone would admit that these actions (from people on the other party) were part of the reason for the resignation. But, placing the blame on the left here seemed to work. Go figure.

Comment by Pat — May 24, 2012 @ 1:32 pm - May 24, 2012

10. Perhaps you should read some of what your fellow leftists like Joe Jervis, Dan Savage, and the like were saying, Pat.

But of course, comparing gay conservatives to Nazis like GLAAD and Barack Obama Party activists like Jervis does is perfectly OK, right? Isn’t it funny how you and your fellow Obama supporters scream about bullying, but then insist that it’s OK to call gay conservatives Nazis?

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — May 24, 2012 @ 3:21 pm - May 24, 2012

11. NDT, so Grenell resigned because what Jervis, Savage, et al was saying? I didn’t realize they had that much influence on Romney’s personnel decisions. Like I said, mindboggling.

If you could find a quote from me anywhere where I stated that it was okay to call gay conservatives Nazis, please do. I’ll give you a hint. It’s right near the quote where I stated that I supported banning happy meals, another one of your deliberate false accusations. Once again, your assumptions about me are not based on reality. At least your consistent in that regard. Please have yourself a blessed evening.

Comment by Pat — May 24, 2012 @ 7:26 pm - May 24, 2012

12. NDT, so Grenell resigned because what Jervis, Savage, et al was saying? I didn’t realize they had that much influence on Romney’s personnel decisions. Like I said, mindboggling.

Comment by Pat — May 24, 2012 @ 7:26 pm – May 24, 2012

No, Pat.

Romney wanted Grenell to stay. Grenell chose to resign.

You are pushing the leftist lie that Grenell was fired. You want that lie to be true because you are a bigot who wants to blame religious people. But the facts clearly show that those who were abusing Grenell the most were you and your fellow bigoted leftists, who were attacking and threatening him and his family.

This truly shows how sick you are, Pat. You and rusty babble and spin and make excuses for gay conservatives being attacked relentlessly by your bigoted leaders and friends Savage and Jervis. You and they are just like your fellow Obama supporter Larry Flynt, out to degrade and destroy people for their political views.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — May 24, 2012 @ 10:26 pm - May 24, 2012

13. Hands on Hips Miss Rita Beads,. . . now you b anointing Mr Jervis and Mr Savage as royal leaders of the gay community. WOW.

Don’t think either of them would even would even accept that honor from you NDT. But hey, you go!

Calling Pat ‘sick’. . .that be truly civil of you.

Now me, babble and spin. oh yes dear, you drive me to babble and spin.

Now go on, time to stand in front of the mirror and acknowledge your inner beauty in between sets.

Comment by rusty — May 25, 2012 @ 12:17 am - May 25, 2012

14. http://www.purposefairy.com/3308/15-things-you-should-give-up-in-order-to-be-happy/

Try this fairy advice NDT, you may find yourself less reliant on your alter muss rita beads.

Enjoy and high hopes that you have a blessed day!

Comment by rusty — May 25, 2012 @ 12:35 am - May 25, 2012

15. Miss not Muss

Comment by rusty — May 25, 2012 @ 12:36 am - May 25, 2012

16. Romney wanted Grenell to stay. Grenell chose to resign.
    You are pushing the leftist lie that Grenell was fired.

NDT, I don’t believe I ever stated that Romney fired Grenell. I only offered my view, and believe that Romney didn’t exactly fight for Grenell to stay when he offered his resignation. Unless you are a professional mindreader (and you’re not, because you absolutely suck at it), I don’t see how you would know for sure. Regardless, I find it mindboggling that Romney and/or Grenell would allow Jervis, Savage, and others to run his campaign.

And now I see you are a medical doctor as well.

This truly shows how sick you are, Pat.

Real class, NDT. Coming from you, I’ll take that as a compliment.

NDT, I invite you to find any proof that I have ever made excuses for gay conservatives being attacked, that I am friends with Savage and Jervis, and am out to degrade people for political views. Hint: It’s in the same place where you I stated that gay conservatives are Nazis. Did you find proof for that lie yet?

Now watch this. Your behavior is uncivil, and you are a bigoted liar, and demonstrates nicely why you get yourself banned from other websites. Notice how I didn’t have to lump you with others.

As per usual, your assumptions about me are not based on reality. Please have yourself a wonderfully, blessed, self-righteous day.

Comment by Pat — May 25, 2012 @ 6:30 am - May 25, 2012