I stand with Stacy. And Aaron. And Patterico

Posted by B. Daniel Blatt at 3:21 am - May 25, 2012.
Filed under: Blogging,Liberalism Run Amok

Today, I join my fellow conservative bloggers in standing with bloggers Stacy McCain, Aaron Walker and Patterico, uniting as Michelle Malkin puts it, “for Everybody Blog About Brett Kimberlin” Day.  She asks us

to check Patterico’s blog for more revelations about his plight. Also bookmark Aaron Walker’s blogStacy McCain’s, and Liberty Chick Mandy Nagy’s Twitter feed. Read the comprehensive investigative piece Mandy wrote at Breitbart.com that set all the insanity in motion.

I first blogged about this on Wednesday.  Michelle summarizes the story:

Over the past year, Aaron Walker (who blogged as “Aaron Worthing”),PattericoLiberty Chick, and now Stacy McCain have been targeted by convicted Speedway bomber Brett Kimberlin because they dared to mention his criminal past or assisted others who did. The late Andrew Breitbart warned about Kimberlin and company.

Read the whole thing.  Greg at Rhymes with Right, recalls having heard, during his high school days, about the case of Kimberlin, the “the Speedway Bomber back in the 1970s in Indiana“, offers more links and a video about the man’s crimes.  He encourages us “to read the full sordid story about how Kimberlin has used the courts to harass Aaron and gotten both he and his wife fired by making their employment a security risk for their employer.”

Michelle says that “Patterico’s plight will send chills up your spine when he is ready to tell it.”  [UPDATE:  He tells it here.  Read the whole thing; but, be prepared, your blood is going to start boiling.]

Terresa Monroe Hamilton has more.  SnoopytheGoon offering his two cents here, quipping that “This is the reason the American left puts up with this character: he is useful to them – for now.”

More as the day progresses.

RELATED:  Brett Kimberlin — Terrorist

Hurrah! It’s Everybody Blog About #BrettKimberlin Day

Stalking the Blogosphere – BlogBurst Friday for Free Speech

Stalking the Blogosphere – BlogBurst Friday for Free Speech

BlogBurst Friday: Blog About #BrettKimberlin Day

Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day

John Hawkins has interviewed Stacy.

Glenn has a roundup as well.

1. Thanks for blogging about this! This guy is absolutely a scary sociopath. It is unbelievable that he is able to get away with the harassment he is inflicting! I hope this story is the main story on the Blogosphere today. This stuff needs to be stopped before someone gets killed. Patterico’s “swatting” story made my blood run cold.

Comment by runningrn — May 25, 2012 @ 8:58 am - May 25, 2012

2. The thing that seems to have triggered BK’s wrath with these bloggers, is that they (correctly and truthfully) referred to him as “Convicted Terrorist Brett Kimberlin”.

He would appear to be a true sociopath, a person who is utterly manipulative and utterly without regard for the lives of others.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — May 25, 2012 @ 9:07 am - May 25, 2012

3. BTW, SnoopytheGoon’s comment sounds more like a truth than a quip. Where’s Mother Sheehan and her “absolute moral authority” as Maureen Dowd once called it (I think)? Outlived her usefulness.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — May 25, 2012 @ 9:17 am - May 25, 2012

4. [...] Gay Patriot – I stand with Stacy. And Aaron. And [...]

Pingback by Who Is Brett Kimberlin, Why You Need To Know and The Biggest Linkaround EVAH! | All American Blogger — May 25, 2012 @ 10:16 am - May 25, 2012

5. I was completely unaware of the process of getting SWAT teams to make a forced entry based on a bogus 911 report. I am totally aware of how the psychopathic mind scratches its itches.

This whole saga and the characters associated it with the harassment is certainly a good reason to be concerned about one’s identity. Facebook, Google, Twitter, your internet ID, the Homeland Security Act, GPS, and many more personal information collection and data sources give these guys a lot of room for harassment and cyber terrorism.

I am not implying that they have breached any of these sources, but I am totally aware that the criminal element has. Most of us are babes in the woods at our keyboard activities. We operate under the assumption that we can keep it clean and above board and nothing will come back to haunt us.

Sociopaths play be a different set of rules. They look for the opening and they tunnel in.

Out of total ignorance and naivety, I wonder if there is not some sort of legal forum which takes on cyber-stalking. There must be some sort of RICO type loophole where they can be dragged to account for using their tax exempt income for criminal activity.

In short, I think that there would be plenty enough lawyers on the NET and First Amendment charitable trusts to go after such activity as Kimberlin and his cronies practice. I would certainly think that a lot of donations would flow to a properly structured trust that would fund the protection of the freedom of speech in the blogosphere.

I am very familiar with two important trusts which deal with First Amendment rights and I will trot my concerns to them.

Meanwhile, I suspect that very shortly the location of Kimberlin’s mother’s basement in Bethesda, Maryland will be pin-pointed and he will discover a world of other apolitical sociopaths who will descend on him just for the pleasure of besting him. Criminal minds play by different rules and there is no honor among sociopaths.

Comment by heliotrope — May 25, 2012 @ 10:40 am - May 25, 2012

6. This guy is one of those baby boomer, “Me, myself, and I” types, but with a narcissistic bent.

Comment by davinci — May 25, 2012 @ 12:35 pm - May 25, 2012

7. [...] Malkin The Gay Patriot Patterico’s Pontifications The Other McCain Like this:LikeBe the first to like this post. [...]

Pingback by A Leftist Gone too Far, Time to Take a Stand, People « The Griper's World — May 25, 2012 @ 12:45 pm - May 25, 2012

8. He has apparently gone after at least one left leaning blogger, although not named in the article I read. Good for all those taking the STAND..

Comment by Linda Strickland — May 25, 2012 @ 12:58 pm - May 25, 2012

9. [...] North Shore Journal – Looking at the left though an accountant’s eyes » GayPatriot – I stand with Stacy. And Aaron. And Patterico » Midwest Conservative Journal – BRETT KIMBERLIN, DOMESTIC TERRORIST » small dead animals [...]

Pingback by Thus Spake Russ » Who is Brett Kimberlin, and why does he matter? — May 25, 2012 @ 2:08 pm - May 25, 2012

10. [...] I stand with Stacy. And Aaron. And Patterico (gaypatriot.net) [...]

Pingback by Brett Kimberlin Blog-Burst « RandyThomas.Co — May 25, 2012 @ 3:09 pm - May 25, 2012

11. Brett Kimberlin….. if you reverse the letters, does it spell Michael Rogers?

Just wonderin’

Comment by Bruce (GayPatriot) — May 25, 2012 @ 3:27 pm - May 25, 2012

12. @10,

I don’t know, I thought it spelled Paula Brooks myself. :-)

Comment by The_Livewire — May 25, 2012 @ 3:33 pm - May 25, 2012