The Althouse Interestingness Standard

Posted by B. Daniel Blatt at 12:07 pm - May 26, 2012.
Filed under: Blogging,Blogress Divas,Strong Women

Ann Althouse explains why she didn’t read a Jeffrey Rosen, er, Jeffrey Toobin piece in the New Yorker:

I have an interestingness standard, not an it-was-in-The-New-Yorker standard.

Diva.

1. George Will may disagree.

Comment by Cinesnatch — May 26, 2012 @ 1:02 pm - May 26, 2012

2. George Will can go play in traffic with other Goldwater RINOs like Kathleen Parker and David Brooks. I don’t need some holier-than-thou media types dictating my thinking.

People who think they’re “oh-so-urbane” and read the New Yakker and Atlantic Monthly are what I term “champagne socialists.” Sort of like Warren Buffet and his ilk.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — May 26, 2012 @ 3:25 pm - May 26, 2012

3. Sometimes The New Yorker has some pretty good reads.

Comment by Cinesnatch — May 26, 2012 @ 3:40 pm - May 26, 2012

4. I’ve recently found that there’s more interesting “ah ha!” articles in the Wall Street Journal than in the NYT, Time and Newsweek combined…especially the Friday and Weekend issues. And if I drive all the way into town to the Quickmart rather than to the truck stop for the papers, I can get the WSJ with the addl. fifth “New York”-supplement section included.

I drive 16-miles each morning to get my four daily papers. The local tabloid-rag for local news and sports, the Philly Inquirer for the Major League sports, the USA-Today and the WSJ. Costs me almost as much for fuel (thank-you-Pres.-Obama) as it does to buy them. Now if only I could get them delivered….

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — May 26, 2012 @ 3:43 pm - May 26, 2012

5. Pete, remember George Will’s Herb Tarlek-like rant against blue jeans.

Comment by V the K — May 26, 2012 @ 7:26 pm - May 26, 2012

6. Will can’t even handle, Krugman, these days. Will should do us all a favor and retire into obscurity.

Comment by Richard Bell — May 27, 2012 @ 8:20 am - May 27, 2012

7. Will can still write a good column about baseball.

Comment by Jman1961 — May 27, 2012 @ 9:37 am - May 27, 2012

8. Seriously though, what’s with the swipes at Will?
    Althouse was linking to a column where he rebutted Toobin and Rosen.

And Richard, a smart high school sophomore could take Krugman apart.
    Krugman is a Keynesian Kook.

Comment by Jman1961 — May 27, 2012 @ 9:47 am - May 27, 2012

9. Don’t take my word for it, Jman, view some of the past clips on the Sunday morning show on ABC and see George get handled by Krugman. (With the help of some lead in questions from Stephonopolis, to be fair.)

Comment by Richard Bell — May 27, 2012 @ 10:43 am - May 27, 2012

10. Then I’ll take your word for it, Richard.
    If Will is being handled by Krugman then it sounds like it might be time for him to hang up his spikes.
    I don’t watch those shows because I don’t want to keep buying new TVs!
    ;)

Comment by Jman1961 — May 27, 2012 @ 10:48 am - May 27, 2012

11. You know what interesting?

A three-day old thread… :-)

Comment by My Sharia Moor — May 29, 2012 @ 5:43 am - May 29, 2012

12. That’s what I get for trying to be a smart-ass on an iPhone before 6:00…

Comment by My Sharia Moor — May 29, 2012 @ 6:18 am - May 29, 2012