How Chick-fil-A haters promoted that chicken chain’s lemonade

Posted by B. Daniel Blatt at 3:44 pm - August 2, 2012.
Filed under: Freedom,Hysteria on the Left

As a lemonade lover, I find it relatively easy to order a lemonade at restaurants, but rarely, alas do I chance upon a good cup of my preferred summer drink.  Most establishments serve a processed version of that refreshing beverage.

Last night at the Hollywood Chick-fil-A, I enjoyed a deliciously tart cup of lemonade.  Had it not been for politically correct politicians  attempting to keep the chicken chain out of their cities, I likely wouldn’t have visited the local franchise.

Their demagoguery coupled with Mike Huckabee’s decision to create Chick Fil-A Appreciation Day served as promotion for the chicken chain.  Now that I know how tasty their lemonade is, I’ll likely return when I’m craving a cup.

Mayor Menino and his politically correct cohorts may have been trying to deny Chick-fil-A business because of its owners politically incorrect views, but he instead succeeded in making me aware of the restaurant’s wonderful lemonade.  How many other people yesterday discovered the quality of the chicken chain’s products and intend to return to try them again?

1. Dan, you said “because of its owners politically incorrect views”. Why let the leftists define what is politically correct?

Comment by Marionetas De Calcetín — August 2, 2012 @ 4:00 pm - August 2, 2012

2. I enjoyed a deliciously tart cup of lemonade.

I hope it was bitter, too! It couldn’t be anything but, coming from such a place.
    So glad you enjoyed the H8erade!

[/sarc OFF]

Comment by RSG — August 2, 2012 @ 4:45 pm - August 2, 2012

3. Very well put. I have gay friends and family members and I’m proud to say for the most part they understood it was about freedom of speech; the CEO was talking at a Baptist conference and closes his store on Sunday; Good Grief that should have given them a clue. With that said I hope as a country we can come together and find a common sense approach…. we are a nation of many faiths and beliefs and should be able to come to a mutual agreement and show compassion and tolerance to those we don’t agree with; that is what makes America great.

Comment by Theresa — August 2, 2012 @ 4:49 pm - August 2, 2012

4. My previous comment was meant for Dan. RSG comments looks as though he lacks tolerance for those that think differently….

Comment by Theresa — August 2, 2012 @ 4:53 pm - August 2, 2012

5. #1 Politically incorrect is a good thing.

Comment by TGC — August 2, 2012 @ 5:23 pm - August 2, 2012

6. #2 What a dumbass.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 2, 2012 @ 5:37 pm - August 2, 2012

7. (oh wait, I guess the /sarc could have meant, imitating what a leftie would say there… hard to tell, the imitation is so close 🙂 )

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 2, 2012 @ 5:38 pm - August 2, 2012

8. #2 is something you could imagine Richard R, George, or a certain Kevin posting with all sincerity.

But then, all of that Kevin’s posts are #2 IYKWIMAITTYD

Comment by V the K — August 2, 2012 @ 5:43 pm - August 2, 2012

9. A coworker is the mother of a Chick-fil-A employee on the north side of Lakeland. He said they made over $13,000 yesterday.

Comment by TGC — August 2, 2012 @ 6:16 pm - August 2, 2012

10. Go by for breakfast and order a chicken biscuit with egg and cheese.

Comment by Dan Irving — August 2, 2012 @ 6:29 pm - August 2, 2012

11. I have an idea how the stupid “Kiss In” is going to go. Some of the leftist gays and lesbians are going to cause disturbances, possibly even a glitter bomb or two….the police will become involved because of these disturbances, and of course, that will just keep the left fuming and crying about all the “hate” from Chick-Fil-A, probably even trying to say their “freedom of speech” is being infringed upon. I hope I am wrong, but the radical gay leftists are just too predictably juvenile.

Comment by Tom — August 2, 2012 @ 6:38 pm - August 2, 2012

12. unfortunately I fear you’re correct Tom.

I also expect

a)Way OTT public displays of groping and fondling, so when they’re asked to stop, that’s hatred.
    b) Blocking doorways, so when they’re asked to move to let paying customers in, that’s hated.

Comment by The_Livewire — August 2, 2012 @ 7:28 pm - August 2, 2012

13. Tom & Livewire:

Comment by Bastiat Fan — August 2, 2012 @ 7:37 pm - August 2, 2012

14. While I won’t go to a Chick-Fil-A, Menino and Emanual are prominent lefties that are against free speech, and frankly are bullies. Why is it that liberals are such controlling people in general? Are they just smarter than us libertarians and conservatives and that’s why they feel so superior?

Comment by davinci — August 2, 2012 @ 7:38 pm - August 2, 2012

15. Being the perennial optimist that I am, my prediction is that they won’t show up. At all. I think the left knows they got their asses handed to them yesterday….but I’m not sure they grasp that it was really a dress rehearsal for 11/6/2012.

These people HATE Christians and will stop at nothing to stick it to them.

It should be interesting to watch.

Comment by Chris H — August 2, 2012 @ 8:44 pm - August 2, 2012

16. I was thinking today how my life is a ruin, because somewhere out there, in cities far from me, there are Chick-Fil-A restaurants whose franchise corporate office leader doesn’t validate me.

(/sarc… my own attempt at imitating a Chick-Fil-A protestor 🙂 )

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 2, 2012 @ 9:46 pm - August 2, 2012

17. These people HATE Christians and will stop at nothing to stick it to them.

It should be interesting to watch.

Comment by Chris H — August 2, 2012 @ 8:44 pm – August 2, 2012

Which is also why I have a feeling a ton of conservatives will be out with video-recording capability tomorrow.

The gay left blogs are utterly hilarious today. They truly are in meltdown. They’re being told no for the first times in their lives, and are actually coming to grips with the reality that they have royally pissed people off.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 2, 2012 @ 10:47 pm - August 2, 2012

18. I would be willing to wager that Dan, Chris, and Unnamed Lesbian going to the place, and being /std/human_beings, did more to make the people there rethink their views on same-sex marriage than the protesters.

Comment by John — August 2, 2012 @ 11:20 pm - August 2, 2012

19. Shouldn’t this blog be called “Straight Patriot” rather than “Gay Patriot”? You obviously have no respect for yourself or others in the gay community by supporting this business. Yes, the CEO is allowed to express his bigoted beliefs although to do so in a very public way is only inviting a loud response. No, the CEO didn’t explicitly say “no gays allowed” but the message was implicitly clear. Knowing the amounts of $$ Crap-Fil-A has dumped into anti-gay causes should make any sane, self-respecting gay boycott this place. To do otherwise only proves you are self-loathing and have some mental issues. I pray that you will become enlightened and I will say a christian, bible belt, chick-fil-A apporved prayer for y’all.

Comment by anthonyc — August 2, 2012 @ 11:42 pm - August 2, 2012

20. I found blood pressure starting to boil again this afternoon as the anti-Christian bile continued to spew. But.. I had to calm down and remind myself that it’s actually more humorous to watch them flail around as they went down in defeat. I can’t really blame them for their ignorance as they obviously didn’t bother to go to Chik-Fil-A and talk to the actual people that were there. All they have is the hick white religious nut narrative in their head.

Here’s the rundown of “the best they got”

Oil Painting of Jesus doing a face palm – “OMFG you guys. I said I hated FIGS.”

Picture of a crowded Chick-Fil-A – “You’d never see that many Christians lined up to help at a food bank or homeless shelter and that’s something Jesus actually said to do.”

Picture of two nuns and two other women posing with Chick-Fil-A – “I hope you enjoyed your chicken because it came at a huge cost…blahblah gay and lesbian youth subjected to taunting, bullying and hate filled messages every single day blahblahblah…Yesterday your cavalier act of smugly proclaiming your anti-gay animus en mass was very likely the most profoundly hateful victimization these kids have ever experienced…. I hope you enjoyed your chicken because thousands of young people choked on it. And only time will tell how many of them will ultimately be killed by it.”

A little dramatic aren’t we?

Comment by Chris H — August 3, 2012 @ 12:51 am - August 3, 2012

21. @ Chris H,
    Yeah, an FB friend posted it on her wall. Of course I had to explain that Chick-fil-a provides thousands of jobs to people that CAN and more than likely DO give their time to such endevors.
    And of course I had to explain that us conservatives have little choice but to frequent many, many establishments that run counter to our or my views.
    And the reason I do frequent many of these places is that I like their product and they provide great service.
    And I bet many people found that out yesterday about Chick-fli-a.

Comment by Mark J. Goluskin — August 3, 2012 @ 1:03 am - August 3, 2012

22. Oh.. and I forgot the “If you ate at Chick-Fil-A yesterday, go ahead and save me the trouble of de-friending you.”

Comment by Chris H — August 3, 2012 @ 1:09 am - August 3, 2012

23. Yay! Another delusional leftist moron.

Yes, the CEO is allowed to express his bigoted beliefs

Nothing Mr. Cathy said was bigoted in the least. Mr. Cathy explained one of the reasons why it isn’t bigoted when he stated his opposition to gay marriage (i.e. that he believes it “invites God’s wrath” to redefine marriage). I don’t agree with him, but that is what he believes. Why is it that someone’s beliefs, someone who doesn’t say he wishes harm on anyone, are so horribly terrifying to leftists? Or is it just that you all are always looking for something, anything, regardless of how minor, to become indignant about and/or to convince yourself that persecution is around every corner?

Another thing: I speak for myself only, but if you and the rest of the gay leftists consider a gay person who supported Chick-fil-A (or would if they could) (which includes me) not an actual gay person, then I guess you don’t consider me a gay person. That’s great; I don’t give a s***. Since you seem not to be aware of the definition of homosexuality, Here it is: “sexual desire or behavior directed toward a person or persons of one’s own sex.” That’s from a dictionary, so you know I’m not trying to fool you with some sort of fake definition. Notice how it doesn’t say “believes in left-wing politics” or “refuses to support people’s free speech.” So, obviously, whatever you think homosexuality is that renders a homosexual unable to think differently from you, you are mistaken.

Another thing: Again, I speak for myself only, but I would have exactly the same amount of respect for myself if I were straight. That is, my homosexuality does not give me any self-respect. I’m not sure why it would. You seem to think calling people “straight” is some sort of insult, but it isn’t actually.

Comment by Rattlesnake — August 3, 2012 @ 2:56 am - August 3, 2012

24. (/sarc…my own attempt at imitating a Chick-Fil-A protestor 🙂 )

See, you can always tell the real ones—cf, #19. They almost always sound like a Jack McFarland howler-monkey-rant.

Comment by RSG — August 3, 2012 @ 5:12 am - August 3, 2012

25. I think it’s going to be the opposite. From the anti-Christian bile I’ve seen spewed across my Facebook wall today, I think they’re are going to double down. They are frothing at the mouth and refuse to accept their defeat and recognize the widespread rebellion. They’re still stuck in the mindset that it’s a bunch of white, inbred, Christian fanatics who out yesterday.

Yes, indeed. This is a tag-team affair. The promoters of this stunt are the middle-aged, urban-coastal, better-than-you types, like That.Jervis.Guy. (and whomever NDT was referring to in #17); sitting in front of computers imparting their wisdom upon the uninformed masses. But the ones doing the direct action will be mostly the young, dumb, and full of—digestive tract waste material, who will be performing public services like handing out ‘coupons’ for a “free side of bigotry” (courtesy of the 25 year-old organizer of the Bawstun area protest), in addition to performing tongue-based throat cultures.

The latter are the ones for which there is no enthusiasm gap when it comes to pointing out perceived violations of The Thought Code.

Comment by RSG — August 3, 2012 @ 5:38 am - August 3, 2012

26. I love the contrast between the gleeful attitude of those defying the CFA boycott and the bitterness and bile of those who support it.

Comment by V the K — August 3, 2012 @ 9:32 am - August 3, 2012

27. I don’t subscribe to Facebook, but here is a sample of comments from the advocate.com.

Op-ed: My Life Isn’t a Political Issue

Borderline psychosis on full display……………..

Comment by rjligier — August 3, 2012 @ 9:44 am - August 3, 2012

28. Could the article title be any more ironic: “Op-ed: My Life Isn’t a Political Issue”??

“It’s about the government’s duty to stop discrimination, in all of its forms.” Really?? In all its forms?! Paging George Orwell…

Comment by RSG — August 3, 2012 @ 1:40 pm - August 3, 2012

29. RE: People who have been railing against Chick-Fil-A about how Jesus says to be charitable and etc., hasn’t Chick-Fil-A always had a huge outreach program, donating to and serving meals for the homeless? I swear I recall something about them doing so, but trying to find anything on the internet now about them that isn’t related to the current hubbub is impossible.

Comment by John — August 4, 2012 @ 2:17 pm - August 4, 2012