THIS… is America under Obama?

Disgraceful.

I agree with Glenn Reynolds:  Obama should resign.

-Bruce (GayPatriot)

1. There are no words. If Larry Flynt was entitled to the First Amendment (and a movie celebrating that right), why isn’t this man? And is there going to be a counter-protest in support of this man’s free speech rights?

Comment by Sean P — September 15, 2012 @ 7:47 pm - September 15, 2012

2. You what REALLY pisses me off about this? The Feds are questioning him for possible ‘parole violations’.

What?! IF the guy violated parole then fine, let law enforcement question him and deal as warranted.

But since when is it the Federal Govt’s job to deal with parole?

Talk about over-reach and abuse of authority.

Comment by InfidelCafe — September 15, 2012 @ 7:52 pm - September 15, 2012

3. I guess it’s nice that they’ve given up TRYING TO HIDE THE FASCISM anymore. I like it that I now know EXACTLY who my enemy is.

Comment by Bastiat Fan — September 15, 2012 @ 7:59 pm - September 15, 2012

4. So are the feds picking up Maher next? He produced an anti religious film too.

I assume not since he handed Obama a cool million.

Comment by Just Me — September 15, 2012 @ 8:14 pm - September 15, 2012

5. [...] The filmmaker who made the film has now been “taken in for interview“ (hat tip Gay Patriot).  Glenn Reynolds thinks Obama should resign. When taking office, the President does not swear to [...]

Pingback by Obama vs. the First Amendment « Canadian Rattlesnake — September 15, 2012 @ 9:00 pm - September 15, 2012

6. All they need to do is re-dub the movie with insults against Christians instead of Muslims. Then it would be okay, I guess.

Seriously though, not only should Pres. Obama resign, but so should many members of the MSM. Obviously, they’re doing what they can to cover for our disgraceful president.

Comment by chad — September 15, 2012 @ 10:17 pm - September 15, 2012

7. Obama is just chipping away at freedom, one day at a time.

Comment by SASP — September 15, 2012 @ 11:26 pm - September 15, 2012

8. So this is why they’re alway bleating about hiring more cops… So you can send half of a dozen cops to roust some guy, not accused or suspected of any violent crime, in the middle of the night. I suppose a daytime phone call to set up an appointment doesn’t send the right message.

Maybe the LA county SO is over staffed.

Comment by SoCalRobert — September 15, 2012 @ 11:34 pm - September 15, 2012

9. CBS News has a clip.

After that debacle he can’t return home, and I sure feel sorry for his family.

Comment by Sandi — September 16, 2012 @ 12:21 am - September 16, 2012

10. I was a deputy sheriff for 36 years. I’ve had contact with most all of the Federal law enforcement agencies. I have never had the opportunity to watch local sheriff’s deputies intervene in a Federal probation violation.
    Local officials have no authority on federal violations. A Federal parole officer should have been the person contacting this gentleman not the L. A. County Sheriff.
    This smells………………..bad.

Comment by copper — September 16, 2012 @ 1:06 am - September 16, 2012

11. As bad as a high ranking general contacting a civilian to ask him not to support something. And letting the world know.

Comment by Lobogris — September 16, 2012 @ 1:22 am - September 16, 2012

12. I understand how people feel, but I do think that there are serious questions to be asked.

The documentary is nothing more than a spaghetti western. The original name of the film was Desert Warriors.

However, somebody dubbed the movie and changed the script. Also someone wrote the words in Arabic.

The question that needs to be answered is whether the producer of the film did these things or someone else.

The manner in which he was taken into custody is bad, but I wonder if this really is a free speech issue.

Comment by StraightAussie — September 16, 2012 @ 4:05 am - September 16, 2012

13. It surely seems that our administration is again bowing and scraping to the muslims. From this fiasco, it seems the the First amendment is definitely in jeporady.

Comment by OldmanRick — September 16, 2012 @ 5:29 am - September 16, 2012

14. This man can be subpoenaed like everyone else if the probable cause is there. Presumably, a federal marshall can invite himself into the man’s home if there is a question of parole violation.

On the other hand, if the man pushed his “right to be left alone” with too much vigor, then ……. Ruby Ridge, David Koresh, and other incidents come to mind.

It does seem passing strange that the US is showing how to round up the suspects at the same time the Obamessiah is demanding the same in Egypt and Syria.

Show trials coming next?

Comment by heliotrope — September 16, 2012 @ 7:33 am - September 16, 2012

15. that picture should send chills down the spine of any freedom loving person in the world.

Comment by tommy651 — September 16, 2012 @ 8:02 am - September 16, 2012

16. There’s a Defend the Constitution quickmeme using this photo. Here’s mine.

Comment by Chipperoo — September 16, 2012 @ 9:17 am - September 16, 2012

17. Barack Obama’s need for a scapegoat will backfire. The Middle East continues to implode as Obama ignores it like he does everything else to campaign. Obama is imploding; this is another manifestation of Obama’s meltdown.

Comment by Sebastian Shaw — September 16, 2012 @ 9:52 am - September 16, 2012

18. Holy crap! Do we still live in America? Every day I wake up, my country is more unrecognizable than the day before. If our freedoms have been eroded so much after 4 years of Obama, what will it look like if he is Precedent for 4 more? I shudder to think! Wake up America!

Comment by runningrn — September 16, 2012 @ 9:58 am - September 16, 2012

19. This is as smelly as three day old fish! Holy takkiya batman! This is an elaborate ruse to blame the murder of our Ambassador and three other brave man on some crazy blasphemy and not on AlQuaeda in revenge for a drone strike that took out their number two man a few days ago. Shame on the state department and Obama for playing it this way. I grieve for the families and friends of those murdered. Obama should be impeached.

Comment by Linda Strickland — September 16, 2012 @ 10:52 am - September 16, 2012

20. [...] been a very hard week, even when I had a wonderful birthday, so the other day, after a friend mentioned the movie, I [...]

Pingback by Julia Child makes boeuf bourguignon | Fausta's Blog — September 16, 2012 @ 12:17 pm - September 16, 2012

21. Heil Comrade Obama. Ve will make you pay for your transgressions.

Comment by davinci — September 16, 2012 @ 1:19 pm - September 16, 2012

22. Couldn’t believe this was happening minutes away from where I live. The guy hadn’t even committed a crime with this video. It looked like something that takes place under some two-bit dictatorship.
    I’m still aghast.

Comment by Vicky Hernandez — September 16, 2012 @ 3:44 pm - September 16, 2012

23. Nakoula is an Egyptian-born Coptic Christian. Now living in California, he is a convicted drug dealer and conman who was last released from jail in June last year.

In California, 21-year-old Ms Gurji, who plays Muhammad’s child bride, spoke yesterday of her fear of reprisals and how she was ‘betrayed’ by Nakoula. ‘I was playing the youngest bride of a character named George,’ she said. ‘I had no idea George would be changed to Muhammad. I’m locked up in my house. I’m terrified people in the Middle East will blame me.

‘I’m Catholic so they might think I have something against Muslims. I’m taking pills to sleep. I’ve been crying for days. I feel betrayed. My face is stuck on the movie clip. People see that awful film and they see me.

Ms Gurji said she and her fellow actors believed they were making an action film called Desert Warrior and that Nakoula, or ‘Sam’ as she knew him, never discussed religion.

‘I was told I was to be Hilary, the young bride of a character called George,’ she said. ‘The film was about a comet that falls to Earth in the ancient Middle East. There are different tribes who think the comet is somehow holy and fight over it. There were supposed to be lots of special effects so a lot of the filming was in front of a green screen. It was super low-budget. I was getting $75 [£50] a day and all my scenes were shot with George against the green screen. I had no idea how it would be twisted.

‘Maybe I’m naive but no warning bells went off. I auditioned, showed up and did my lines. None of us involved in it had any idea there was a secret agenda.’

… akoula, whose name has been widely linked to the film in media reports, pleaded guilty to bank fraud in 2010 and was sentenced to 21 months in prison, to be followed by five years on supervised probation, court documents showed.

He was accused of fraudulently opening bank and credit card accounts using Social Security numbers that did not match the names on the applications, a criminal complaint showed. He was released in June 2011, and at least some production on the video was done later that summer.

But the terms of Nakoula’s prison release contain behavior stipulations that bar him from accessing the Internet or assuming aliases without the approval of his probation officer.

A senior law enforcement official in Washington has indicated the probation investigation relates to whether he broke one or both of these conditions. Violations could result in him being sent back to prison, court records show.”

Comment by Passing By — September 16, 2012 @ 6:43 pm - September 16, 2012

24. [...] THIS… is America under Obama? [...]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Giving in to terrorists by going after filmmaker? — September 16, 2012 @ 6:54 pm - September 16, 2012

25. Join the Obama foreign service. See exotic lands. Get killed by people.

Comment by Bruce Majors, Libertarian for Congress — September 16, 2012 @ 7:12 pm - September 16, 2012

26. Don’t make the story more than it is
    2010 this meth dealer was bared from using a computer for 5 years as part of a felony fraud conviction.

2012 his movie is posted on You Tube.

Comment by mike — September 17, 2012 @ 12:24 am - September 17, 2012

27. mike: Well, if 5 Deputy Sheriffs showed up at your door step at midnight, I’m pretty sure you’d go voluntarily as well.

Passing By: We’ve all heard about the terms of the man’s parole restrictions. But for that to make sense as an excuse, why the midnight raid and Law Enforcement personnel overkill if they just let him go the next day anyway? Doesn’t that seem a little…fishy to you?

Comment by AF_Vet — September 17, 2012 @ 5:50 am - September 17, 2012

28. So the feds interviewed him to see if he violated this parole. They could have got a warrant but he went voluntarily.

From this babble, we “learn” by inference that the cops with sheriff patches are “feds” and that they didn’t have a warrant, but could have gotten one and that man went “voluntarily”.

The foundational information here is so sloppy poor that it is almost rotten enough to appear in the MSM and the NYT.

Comment by heliotrope — September 17, 2012 @ 6:05 pm - September 17, 2012

29. Too bad we don’t have Siberia here. It would make things so much more convenient for the United Soviet of America.

Comment by Lori Heine — September 17, 2012 @ 10:30 pm - September 17, 2012

30. “why the midnight raid and Law Enforcement personnel overkill if they just let him go the next day anyway?”

Over the last 25 years, America has seen a disturbing militarization of its civilian law enforcement, along with a dramatic and unsettling rise in the use of paramilitary police units (most commonly called Special Weapons and Tactics, or SWAT) for routine police work. The most common use of SWAT teams today is to serve narcotics warrants, usually with forced, unannounced entry into the home.

These increasingly frequent raids, 40,000 per year by one estimate, are needlessly subjecting nonviolent drug offenders, bystanders, and wrongly targeted civilians to the terror of having their homes invaded while they’re sleeping, usually by teams of heavily armed paramilitary units dressed not as police officers but as soldiers. These raids bring unnecessary violence and provocation to nonviolent drug offenders, many of whom were guilty of only misdemeanors.”

Comment by Passing By — September 18, 2012 @ 2:24 pm - September 18, 2012