Only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” sit on political left

Last night before bed, I posted a quick write-up of a meet-up I had had yesterday with Glenn Reynolds, his lovely wife Helen Smith and a gaggle of conservative bloggers and friends.  And there I, an openly gay blogger at a blog with “gay” in its very name, found the same (warm) welcome I have found at every gathering of conservative (& libertarian bloggers).

This morning, when I woke up and checked the blog, found this comment in our “pending” (for approval) folder:

How many days have you guys gone without being outright called faggots by the people you suck up to? You should put up a running clock and take bets on who will be the one to break down and share his true feelings with you. It’ll probably be Jim Hoft.

I immediately approved it–wanting to provide evidence of left-wing prejudices against conservatives.  For the record, Jim Hoft has shared his feelings with me, at least three times in person, more via e-mail.  You see, I’ve been reading Jim’s blog for a number of years now and twice when I passed through St. Louis, e-mailed him and suggested we meet.

He agreed and we got together at a local coffee shop and talked politics.  Now, Jim and I may not agree on every issue, but he has never insulted me, has even praised this blog.  He is, in short, a decent guy and has always (always) been friendly toward me.

Neither Jim nor any conservative blogger, in person, in text, in e-mail or any other form of communication, has ever called me a “faggot.”  In fact, the only people who seem to be directing that slur at gay conservatives sit on the political left.

1. [...] Patriot has a post up about the nasty insults he receives as a gay man.  These don’t come from right wing homophobes, though.  They come from Leftists.  Read his [...]

Pingback by Bookworm Room » The worst insults always come from the Left — October 19, 2012 @ 8:16 pm - October 19, 2012

2. I have to agree and am sorry you have been bullied. I have seen so much venom and vitriol from the left that it’s mind boggling. Do these people agree with all their friends and families on all issues? Why are they such fascists that they feel you must believe like them or you are to be ridiculed and shunned. I have seen the hate in their eyes and in their words. They remind me of the Taliban that want to behead anyone that has the nerve to disagree. What happened to Love and Peace on the left?

Comment by Jeff King — October 19, 2012 @ 8:48 pm - October 19, 2012

3. You know the left uses religious beliefs to condemn those that have a conflict with being Gay.
    Being Religious or being Gay should have no conflict and actually should not accept any Government involvement.
    For myself,I dont understand why the “Gay community so desperately needs Government approval for their personal and and holly aspirations.
    If there are any concerns for medical and economic concerns,there are IRON CLAD documents that can be filled out to negate any possible future conflict in a hospital,tax office,or family situation that might come up.
    These are no different than the proper planning that a Heterosexual couple has to fill out as well.
    If a Gay couple wants to get Married they can do so at any time.
    They can find a willing Priest or they can say their vows to each-other and in the eyes of the God I know,they are bound to their commitment of Love.
    Those that insist on Gov approval of a union between two loving people are fooling themselves if they think it means,or is worth the paper or the ink stamp of approval.
    A true union is between two people and the God they believe in. And Gov just screws things up,and provides a divisive tactic for voting purposes.

Comment by R Burns — October 19, 2012 @ 9:27 pm - October 19, 2012

4. It sickens me that the left truly believe they are the “tolerant” ones. They ooze of bigotry, racism, and misogyny. As a woman I’m told the only thing I need to be concerned about is birth control. It’s incredibly insulting to be reduced to nothing more than a vagina. I’d much rather be in Mitt’s binder than stuck under Bill Clinton’s desk. And what the things they have said about Condi Rice and Mia Love is criminal.

Comment by Susan — October 19, 2012 @ 9:43 pm - October 19, 2012

5. People ask me how can I be Gay and Conservative. I love My God and my Gov has no sayso in what I do in this matter. There are some fringe Religious groups that might want to “ban Me and mine” but under our fantastic United States of American Constitution they cant!
    And under our Constitution Government doesnt have to sanction me/us either.
    Thank God!
    I can be me and Gov cant stop that.
    Constitutional Gov protects me. A post Constitutional Gov endangers me. And the Left cant seem to grasp that.

Comment by R Burns — October 19, 2012 @ 9:43 pm - October 19, 2012

6. Susan.
    I like that train of thought comment.

As a woman I’m told the only thing I need to be concerned about is birth control. It’s incredibly insulting to be reduced to nothing more than a vagina. I’d much rather be in Mitt’s binder than stuck under Bill Clinton’s desk”

Its to the point with a touch of humor.
    Thanks Susan :O)

Comment by R Burns — October 19, 2012 @ 10:11 pm - October 19, 2012

7. Thanks Gay Patriot.
    I am going to follow you more often.

Comment by R Burns — October 19, 2012 @ 10:13 pm - October 19, 2012

8. Lefties and their nasty projection.

I’m getting very tired of it.

Seek professional help, lefties. Seriously.

Comment by Observer — October 19, 2012 @ 10:15 pm - October 19, 2012

9. I know about being stuck outside the mainstream of society, I scare people, Literally! I look Angry All The Time! I am scarred. I have more scars on my body than most of you have hairs on your head and I’m including facial hair. When my current wife and I first met she was worried that I might look like Quasimodo, which goes along way to explain why she’s my wife, I don’t. Always remember the Left was behind the KKK, the Left was behind Jim Crow, they want to divide us they always did and they always will!! After all it’s the only way they know how to win.

Comment by Catseye — October 19, 2012 @ 11:21 pm - October 19, 2012

10. If a Gay couple wants to get Married they…can find a willing Priest or they can say their vows to each-other and in the eyes of the God I know,they are bound to their commitment….

There are legal shortcomings, though, to such common law marriages: absent a formally documented marriage, neither spouse will find it easy to make financial decisions for the other, or health decisions for the incapacitated other, be able to serve as next of kin with any ease. Civil unions can fill this gap, but the question of legal marriage/civil union is a problem that still needs addressing.

Straight couples in common law marriages face these same problems.

Eric Hines

Comment by E Hines — October 19, 2012 @ 11:22 pm - October 19, 2012

11. And I can add another “loving” Leftie to Catseye’s list. None other than the adorable artists who make up those colorful God Hates Fags signs, the Phelps family. As a lawyer, Fred Phelps actually specialized in racial discrimination cases for primarily black clients.

And there is a notable picture all over the internet, of several of the Phelps hosting an event for none other than Al and Tipper Gore.

Comment by PopArt — October 19, 2012 @ 11:41 pm - October 19, 2012

12. Liberal gays and lesbians know full well that they are considered “faggots” and held in contempt by the Obama Party that owns them.

Liberal gays and lesbians desperately suck up to and do anything the Obama Party says, because they know that if they ever disobeyed, the Obama Party would call them “faggots”, race traitors, Jewish Nazis, Uncle Toms, and so forth.

Liberal gays and lesbians do not understand a worldview where you can disobey, disagree, or criticize without being brutalized, because that’s not the worldview of the Obama plantation. They equate acceptance with blind obedience and sucking up because that is what the Obama Party demands of them. And thus they project that onto everyone else.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — October 19, 2012 @ 11:59 pm - October 19, 2012

13. [...] Gay Patriot For Sticking Up For Me Posted at 9:47 on October 20, 2012 by Jim Hoft Dan at Gay Patriot informed me last night that my name came up in his comments.  He wrote about it yesterday. Last [...]

Pingback by Thanks Gay Patriot For Sticking Up For Me | The Penn Ave Post — October 20, 2012 @ 9:30 am - October 20, 2012

14. I am independent conservative christian and, come reading this blog every morning.
    I agree, love and learn a lot from reading your thoughts and analysis, but also from those who leave comments.
    To be honest, the word ‘gay’ in your name of your blog has no bearing on my thoughts and, besides -who am I to judge? My draw to your site is the content of the news and analysis you provide, which by the way is superb!
    Naturally, the left lives to demonise, splinter, divide, accuse and abuse whom ever they seem fit or who to manipulate to vote for them. I believe, many of them are evil-their actions speak loudeer than words; their current behavior is that of a totalitarian crew deranged enough to believe, many agree with them.It is their last stand and don’t think they don’t know; they overreached -their desperation is palpable.
    They truly have awakened a sleeping giant!

Comment by cali — October 20, 2012 @ 9:39 am - October 20, 2012

15. Liberal gays and lesbians do not understand a worldview where you can disobey, disagree, or criticize without being brutalized, because that’s not the worldview of the Obama plantation.

Very true, also of liberal blacks and hispanics. Which makes me wonder if the plantation is the best metaphor for the Democrat Party. It often seems to me more like a big middle school, where the kids who don’t fit in are bullied into submission by the popular kids and those seeking favor with them.

Comment by V the K — October 20, 2012 @ 10:10 am - October 20, 2012

16. Cali @ #13 wrote:

They truly have awakened a sleeping giant!

I have said before on this site the we owe Obama a debt of gratitude for precisely this reason. Under a McCain presidency we would have simply kept limping along. Obama’s overreach has caused the progressive pustule to fester and burst and Americans have taken noptice that the left never had any “higher moral ground” to hide behind in the first place.

Comment by T — October 20, 2012 @ 10:31 am - October 20, 2012

17. What was the first slur thrown at the Tea Party? Tea Baggers. And the awful things the left says about black conservatives. Yes, they are so very tolerant.

Comment by Old Gal — October 20, 2012 @ 11:10 am - October 20, 2012

18. Liberalism is a dangerous Mental Disorder. The broad brush the left uses to Paint Conservatism as Racists is the same brush used by Liberals to Paint Conservatives as Homophobic. What the Liberals dont realize is that the Paint splashed back on them and they arent wearing coveralls…

Comment by Despiser25 — October 20, 2012 @ 11:44 am - October 20, 2012

19. #15: “Under a McCain presidency we would have simply kept limping along.”

Absolutely true. At best, McCain would have been a better representative of America in foreign policy matters and the spending would have been slower (though still completely out of control). We wouldn’t have Obamacare to contend with but McCain is such a RINO, it’s likely he would have capitulated to the Dem-controlled Congress on some lesser healthcare monstrosity. In the long run, a McCain presidency would have done nothing to advance conservatism. So, yes, thanks to Obama, we are in a much better position to promote conservative policies because now it’s more apparent that they are essential to saving our republic.

Also (hindsight being 20/20), McCain’s loss ended up being a dodged bullet for Sarah Palin. He used her to rally conservatives with her Reagan-esque advocacy of conservative principles, but in his administration, she would have been shoved to the side so that McCain could get on with enacting horrible ‘bipartisan reforms’ in cooperation with his ‘esteemed colleagues across the aisle.’ I used to have great admiration for McCain because of his service to this country but I’ve lost all respect for the man due to his treatment of Sarah Palin and the fact that he (as predicted) went right back to being the big government RINO he’s always been. Of course, he hasn’t grabbed as many headlines as he used to because the Democrats have had enough control in DC that they haven’t needed to USE him for anything (i.e. attacking a Republican president). But he’s still there, and still very much an opponent of many conservative policies. The last thing I read about him was this:

So, even after his ‘bipartisan’ attack on the First Amendment (McCain-Feingold) went all the way to the Supreme Court and got slammed as unconstitutional, he’s trying to revive it. He’s despicable. I have no doubt that assuming Romney wins, and assuming he pursues the implementation of conservative reforms, McCain will use it as his opportunity to play Maverick 2.0 (grabbing headlines, sucking up MSM adoration, etc.) and be a constant thorn in Romney’s side just as he was for GWBush. Since he never got to be president, he’ll see it as his best shot at securing his ‘legacy.’ He makes me sick.

Comment by Sean A — October 20, 2012 @ 11:58 am - October 20, 2012

20. Dan, I have often referenced you and your site as one source that I will never agree on certain issues, but an important resource for views worth paying attention to. I will say there are handfuls of conservatives who will view you with intolerance, but they ARE int the minirity and they know to keep it to themselves because we WILL defend you as a true patriot. But, on the Left, such intolerance seems more ingrained- and perfectly acceptable, as long as the target is a political conservative.

Keep up the good fight and thanks for confirming you Have received respect from other conservatives that you richly deserve. Anytime you don’t, let us know and we’ll set the miscreant straight. (BAD pun!) :)

Comment by Mike O — October 20, 2012 @ 12:11 pm - October 20, 2012

21. Sean A,

I hadn’t thought about the Sarah Palin side of a McCain presidency, but I agree with you entirely. His loss may well have been a blessing to her.

Comment by T — October 20, 2012 @ 12:59 pm - October 20, 2012

22. As someone who has worked in churches for 20+ years, I have fought to create environments where Christians love people, regardless of whatever differences they might have. Many of my personal friends are gay and we put our caring for each other above anything else. I believe left wing liberals do not find their identity in their character or in those with whom they surround themselves. Rather, their identity comes from needing everyone to think as they do, be as smart as they are, and castigating anyone who isn’t “with them.” For them, politics trumps everything. The result is they will crush and humiliate the very people they claim to be helping, if those people disagree on even the slightest thought.

Of course, there are conservatives who think the same way, but they don’t seem to be as vicious and personal in their attacks.

I’m glad I was led to this blog and from now on it will be on my regular list of pages I visit daily.

Comment by J-HO — October 20, 2012 @ 1:49 pm - October 20, 2012

23. I didn’t know you were a faggot. Come climb in my wood stove so I can get this fire going. It’s cold tonight.

Comment by PitholeHermit — October 20, 2012 @ 11:48 pm - October 20, 2012

24. As for the use of that word – or any of the other slurs – I think it is actually evidence of frustration (and bad manners, too). You see, to the complete leftist (ie, someone who would actually write that comment) the only reason a conservative can have for any dissent from any aspect of the most extreme leftist position is hatred. In the case of gays, if any conservative dissents from anything a gay leftist wants then it must be motivated by hatred of gays, not the result of considered beliefs. Given this, the only reason a leftist gay can understand a gay conservative (or a gay libertarian – or, indeed, a gay anything other than a leftist gay) is in terms of a self-hating gay who is being gulled by conservatives who will, at some point, drop the mask and reveal themselves as the gay-hating bigots the left believes they are. It is frustrating for a gay leftist (and to leftist who support what they perceive as the gay issues) to confront a gay conservative – and out of frustration will come bile.

It goes on like that – opposition to Obama is based on racism; opposition to open borders is based on racism; opposition to abortion is based on misogyny, etc, etc, etc. And if you are black, latino or female and are a conservative, then you must be someone who is being fooled.

Comment by Mark Edward Noonan — October 21, 2012 @ 12:17 am - October 21, 2012

25. Even the most dyed-in-the-wool homophobe could say something like, “he’s a nice enough guy, for a faggot” — because homosexuality is a problem to such a person, not a bludgeon. He’s not taking up “faggot” as a convenient tool to bash on someone, he’s troubled and disturbed about the practice.

Libs, by contrast, seize upon any characteristic in an attempt to influence behavior — “you didn’t reject the conservatives, you faggot!”, “I can’t see how a woman could vote that way”, “Oreo” — because underlying problems are not meant to be analyzed or thought-about, but simply used like a gut-punch to manipulate people. One problem with such a tactic is that it legitimizes the underlying worldview.

Which comes to the point here — “love the sinner, condemn the sin” is standard doctrine for conservatives. When meeting Glenn Reynolds, you might have discussed the intimate details of your last sexual contact and he might have flinched and said he wished you wouldn’t; when meeting with Jim Hoft, you might have reminisced over your experiences developing your sexuality, and he might have squirmed — but if you’re discussing politics, it’s more important to talk about whether the government is in your bedroom than who your partner is or your plans for tonight.

Fundamentally, the Libs have convinced themselves that divisive and hateful talking points must be preserved at all costs in order to make people support Libs in pushbutton fashion — despite conservatives’ view of such issues as secondary and despite their own narrative that such issues are overwhelmingly important to conservatives to the exclusion of all else.

Comment by cthulhu — October 21, 2012 @ 12:33 am - October 21, 2012

26. I have always been grateful for the win of Obama in 2008, it was a WAKE UP CALL to all Americans of the crap that had been going on in Washington DC. We were blind, we slept, we ignored, they plotted and planned, we never imagined that elected officials would do things to harm this great Country. It is the election of Obama and those two years of Democrat control that AWOKE a sleeping giant from their slumber. They don’t love America the way we do, they do want to “change” her into some form of Europe, which btw I like to let people know that socialism/Marxism/communism in the European side of the world was ONLY allowed to flourish because we were breaking the bank with OUR military to protect their lazy asses.

November 6th will be a new lease on life for America and with the TEA Party nipping at the heels of the newly minted President and Congress & the Senate which we will be in the majority of, we are going to turn this tide. States Rights will be the biggest thing they can do to save this Country, shut down agencies and let the States keep their own damn cash, stop the spin cycle w/DC and even CA might vote Democrat the next election.

So sorry for that vicious attack on you, since I read Hillbuzz and you I guess I am a closeted “gay” hater….LOL!

Comment by JadedByPolitics (@JadedByPolitics) — October 21, 2012 @ 12:47 am - October 21, 2012

27. Leftists always group people into identity groups. Nobody’s a person.

Someone might be a gay hispanic.
    Someone else is a black urban woman.
    Someone else is a white 1 percenter.
    Someone else is a jewish senior.
    Someone else is a unionized lesbian christian.

According to them, there are no Americans, there are only factions of different religions, minorities, races, interest groups, whatever.

Comment by scf — October 21, 2012 @ 1:03 am - October 21, 2012

28. As a former music journalist in L.A., I can tell you that you’re 100-percent right. The only people I heard using antigay and racist slurs were the tolerant, enlightened crowd. In fact, when they got drunk, they all told homo jokes, N-word jokes, and antisemitic jokes.

I discovered that leftists are absolutely obsessed with sexual orientation, and they use it as the first line of attack. Leftism makes people ruthless, because the only thing that matters is political orthodoxy. Leftists can forgive murder, child molestation, rape, genocide–everything except political dissent.

To crush dissent, they learn to attack people where they think it hurts the most. Witness what they did to the gorgeous, intelligent, courageous, gracious Stacey Dash.

They called her a race traitor and an “old hag.”

Wouldn’t you love to see how physically repulsive the people attacking her are? How overweight, haggard, stringy haired, and smelly they are, their faces locked in permanent grimaces of hate?

The best revenge is to throw all their representatives out of office. Humiliate them at the ballot box.

Do it for yourselves, but also do it for Stacey Dash.

Comment by Andrej — October 21, 2012 @ 1:04 am - October 21, 2012

29. It’s the usual problem.

Folk on the Left aren’t comfortable with the religion of their ancestors, because it taught that vague policy-advocacy was no substitute for personal self control, and demanded that they rein in their own bad habits instead of excusing them, and that they give of their own to directly assist those in need instead of delegating the task (and the job of paying for it) to the government.

That was all too difficult, so they bagged it in favor of something which would (a.) allow them to feel the self-righteousness of a moralizing crusade, (b.) excuse them from any limitations on subjecting others to their dogmas, (c.) ride a wave of sentiment all the way to a guaranteed bright utopian future, and (d.) allow them to count the holding of certain political opinions as equivalent to personal saintliness.

Left-Progressivism, in short, is their religion.

Oh, it doesn’t feature an active and willful God with opinions and demands, because that’s uncomfortable. But it features Mother Earth, who is capable of delivering all the tingly feelings of belonging to something greater, but with sufficient assurance of not, y’know, being a real goddess to allow for plausible deniability.

And in every other way, it executes all the functions of a religion in their lives. It provides the fellowship and camaraderie and moralizing and justification for busybodying that makes the hearts of self-righteous toadies and hangers-on go pitter-patter. Best of all, provides them with a rich reservoir of pre-emptive indulgences.

And that’s why they feel free to scream “faggot” at folk who defy their dogmas. They’ve bought indulgences — get out of jail free cards — against criticism by their participation in the Left-Progressive religion. As long as they mouth its creeds and paste its platitudes across their car’s bumper, all is forgiven.

A Left-Progressive can rape or sexually harass a female staffer, but so long as he supports extra legislation to oppose violence against women, he is counted among the righteous. A Left-Progressive can call a black Republican “nigger” and “Uncle Tom,” but so long as he supports the reelection of Obama, his secular salvation is unquestioned. A Left-Progressive can call a gay Republican “faggot” and subject him to vile jokes about AIDS, but provided he’s done his requisite missionary work of publicly vilifying Christians and denying business licenses to private businesses over the political opinions of their executives, he is assuredly among the saints.

See that “O”-symbol on the back of someone’s Prius? It’s there for exactly the same reason you’d find a fish on a minivan. That longing for utopian transformation which accompanied the 2008 election? Roughly the same thing as a crowd of excitable third-world folk waxing rhapsodic over the Virgin Mary on a piece of toast.

What a wonderful world it’d be, if Left-Progressives would stop forcing their religion on everyone else.

Comment by Questioner — October 21, 2012 @ 1:16 am - October 21, 2012

30. As a straight guy on the right, I have found that the only liberal gay friends I had dropped me like a bad habit when
    I let them know I was conservative.

Case in point, a friend, of whom I was truly fond, and I got into a chat about my objections to radical Islam’s attitude toward women and gay people. He was sure that he would have no problem with them, but when I mentioned that radical Islam demanded stoning of homosexuals, my friend cut me off and never spoke to me again or responded to my emails or phone calls.

I really liked this guy, respected him, regarded him as a confidante, knew he was liberal, but didn’t even consider that he would take offense since we had discussed intimate details of our emotional relationship like brothers, which was the view I had of him.

Many have said that this administration set back race relations by as much as twenty years. It is far worse than that. These folks have destroyed friendships by proxy. It’s all they’ve got.

Comment by Lee Dodson — October 21, 2012 @ 1:37 am - October 21, 2012

31. Dan – I’m only an occasional visitor to your site but I have always appreciated the insight in the items you post. So, first, I would like to say thank you for your voice. Having many friends who are gay and family who are black, I have seen this same attitude come from the left towards people I love. I believe that it comes from the paternalistic mentality of the left, where any deviation from the approved model of thought or behavior is seen as a betrayal of their system. The soft bigotry of low expectations – where the left believes that minorities, LGBT, women, etc., can only make it with the help of the left – is exposed for the harsh bigotry it always was when someone from those groups speaks or uses their own mind and casts away the group think model.

Comment by RegaloDiSpine — October 21, 2012 @ 2:27 am - October 21, 2012

32. I’m a gay conservative and an Orthodox Jew– and I know several other like-minded gay Jews.

I agree with most of the comments about liberals, many of whom have indeed become consumed with irrational hatred of dissenters. However, let’s not get carried away. There are plenty of conservatives who are intolerant as well. As my mother always taught us, “there are good and bad in all kinds,” and that applies to politics too.

I must admit that I can be a bit provocative with liberal friends and acquaintances. Nothing pisses them off more than when I give my gay conservative pitch:

Life has become immeasurably better for gays in the US during this era of Republican and conservative domination. Nobody in 1969, when it began, could have imagined how the landscape would so totally change for the better. I suspect there is a connection. Personal freedom rests on economic freedom. Collective eras are usually socially conservative eras. The worst persecutors of gays in the 20th century were the Communists- worse than the Nazis in this respect. Castro was insanely anti-gay for decades. During most of that time period, gay leftists in the US and even many liberals ignored this persecution, and focused instead on hating the little Satan Israel– which has a very good record on gays.

Comment by barry youngerman — October 21, 2012 @ 3:11 am - October 21, 2012

33. You mean to their face, right?

Comment by SoTrue — October 21, 2012 @ 3:14 am - October 21, 2012

34. The values I believe in are measure in dollars and cents.

Homosexuality will matter to me the day it costs me money or is a tax burden. Till then, have at it.

Comment by Lee Reynolds — October 21, 2012 @ 4:39 am - October 21, 2012

35. I’m far more moderate than conservative…but one thing I have noticed over the past 25 years, is that Liberals/Progressives have become more and more intollerant of dissent. They may scream “dissent is patriotic” when they are out of power, but they will damn you for it when they are in power.

That being said, we will continue to agree to disagree on a number of topics, but government has no place behind your front door. What you do there is up to you.

Comment by Rich Vail — October 21, 2012 @ 9:03 am - October 21, 2012

36. Those of us committed to the Right and/or Libertarian causes got over that long ago. I’m glad you know that. I’m not sure what we can do to change the regressive thinking on the Left.

Comment by Hucklebuck — October 21, 2012 @ 10:25 am - October 21, 2012

37. Is it a coincidence that the word “faggot” in the sense of a bundle of sticks, is directly derived from the Latin word “fasces,” the symbol of the… you know.

Who were, incidentally, totalitarian socialists. In other words, leftists. The only reason Fascists and Nazis are considered to be on the right is because they ended up on the wrong side of Stalin. For a glorious period in history, the short life span of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, they were all one big happy family. At least then there was no doubt where totalitarianism lay on the political spectrum.

The fasces were not a symbol of evil until Mussolini appropriated them (you can still see them on our dimes), just as the swastika was not bad until Hitler used it (and reversed it). As for the word “faggot,” I have no clue how it developed it’s current pejorative meaning. In the US anyway – in England it still means a bundle of sticks, or (of all things) a meatball.

Comment by Steve Skubinna — October 21, 2012 @ 12:33 pm - October 21, 2012

38. This is no surprise to me since the worst insults toward women also come from the left, toward conservative women, and the worst insults toward blacks come from the left toward conservative blacks. Just like the violent eliminationist rhetoric also comes from the left. Basically the left never follows the speech rules they so gleefully impose on others.

Comment by richard40 — October 21, 2012 @ 1:51 pm - October 21, 2012

39. [...] GayPatriot » Only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” sit on political left. This entry was posted in Politics. Bookmark the permalink. ← Free To Be . . . A [...]

Pingback by The only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” are those on political left | Paul M. Jones — October 21, 2012 @ 3:18 pm - October 21, 2012

40. I say give that commenter the running clock he wants. Just add one for the left and one for the right, and let them run side by side for everyone to see and compare.

Comment by Erik — October 22, 2012 @ 9:39 am - October 22, 2012

41. [...] Susan in the comments: here Like this:LikeBe the first to like this. This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the [...]

Pingback by Quote of the election cycle: | Ordnancecorner's Weblog — October 22, 2012 @ 11:11 am - October 22, 2012

42. I am well known in Midland, Texas, a very conservative city, and it is no secret that I’m gay. And I’m a conservative libertarian. No one, not a single conservative, has even waggled an eyebrow at me.

However, I had a friend, Sam, a Duke lawyer, who went further and further left. We argued in email, because I refuse his big-government, coercive plans, and when he couldn’t get the better of me, and especially since I wouldn’t go into a full-throated denouncement of Karl Rove, he asked, “Does Karl Rove look GAY to you?”

Then when I also refused to bow to his smelly little orthodoxies (wish that were mine), he started sneering at me, calling me Nancy.

Drag name? No. Never done it. Don’t care to. But it’s the insult to call a gay man, a masculine one, by a name he thought to be that of a screaming queen.

The conservatives? Smiles, handshakes, sharing a meal, and so forth.

Comment by theocritus — October 23, 2012 @ 5:40 pm - October 23, 2012

43. [...] Independent Sentinel – Romney Ran Out the Clock to Victory During Third Debate Gay Patriot – Only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” sit on political left The Mellow Jihadi – The Appearance of Competence The Glittering Eye -The Endorsements Are Coming [...]

Pingback by Watcher of Weasels » Watcher’s Council Nominations – Horses And Bayonets Edition — October 24, 2012 @ 2:58 am - October 24, 2012

44. [...] Gay Patriot – Only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” sit on political left [...]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Watcher of Weasels Nominations — 10.24.12 Edition — October 24, 2012 @ 3:03 am - October 24, 2012

45. [...] Gay Patriot – Only people who call gay Republicans ?faggots? sit on political left [...]

Pingback by This Week’s Watcher’s Council Nominations | therightplanet.com — October 24, 2012 @ 9:00 am - October 24, 2012

46. My uncle is a very liberal guy, probably a reaction to my grandfather, who is conservative. Up until a few years ago (I think he mellowed with age, and between W. and Obama, we’ve had similar points of view about the dangers of statism) I could not talk to him about politics, or else he would run away. Most people can be won over to being less hateful through exposure to conservatives, but that is sometimes not able to happen in the more blue parts of the country.

Comment by spqr2008 — October 24, 2012 @ 12:23 pm - October 24, 2012

47. [...] Gay Patriot – Only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” sit on political left [...]

Pingback by NoisyRoom.net » Blog Archive » Watcher’s Council Nominations – Horses And Bayonets Edition — October 24, 2012 @ 1:32 pm - October 24, 2012

48. [...] Gay Patriot – Only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” sit on political left [...]

Pingback by Trevor Loudon's New Zeal Blog — October 24, 2012 @ 1:37 pm - October 24, 2012

49. [...] Gay Patriot – Only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” sit on political left [...]

Pingback by Watcher’s Council Nominations – Horses & Bayonets Edition | Independent Sentinel — October 24, 2012 @ 6:32 pm - October 24, 2012

50. [...] Gay Patriot – Only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” sit on political left [...]

Pingback by Watcher’s Council Nominations – Horses And Bayonets Edition | askmarion — October 24, 2012 @ 11:22 pm - October 24, 2012

51. [...] Gay Patriot – Only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” sit on political left [...]

Pingback by Bookworm Room » Watcher’s Council submissions for October 24, 2012 — October 25, 2012 @ 6:04 am - October 25, 2012

52. I found that in the school system. The most annoying staff were the do-gooder lefties who wanted all minority children in special ed right away for their own good.

Comment by Sara — October 25, 2012 @ 10:31 pm - October 25, 2012

53. [...] Gay Patriot – Only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” sit on political left [...]

Pingback by Horses And Bayonets | — October 26, 2012 @ 12:06 am - October 26, 2012

54. [...] – Mr. President, Here’s What Offends Me …Third place with 1 1/3 vote – Gay Patriot- Only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” sit on political left Third place *t* with 1 vote – The Mellow Jihadi-The Appearance of Competence Third place *t* with [...]

Pingback by Watcher of Weasels » The Council Has Spoken!! This Week’s Watchers Council Winners — October 26, 2012 @ 3:18 am - October 26, 2012

55. [...] Third place with 1 1/3 vote – Gay Patriot- Only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” sit on political left [...]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Watcher of Weasels — Winners 10.26.12 — October 26, 2012 @ 3:40 am - October 26, 2012

56. [...] was reminded of this comment I read the other day. This morning, when I woke up and checked the blog, found this comment in our “pending” (for [...]

Pingback by Gay man viciously attacked -for being Republician « Something should go here, maybe later. — October 26, 2012 @ 4:14 am - October 26, 2012

57. [...] Third place with 1 1/3 vote – Gay Patriot- Only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” sit on political left [...]

Pingback by This Week’s Watcher’s Council Results | therightplanet.com — October 26, 2012 @ 9:03 am - October 26, 2012

58. [...] Third place with 1 1/3 vote – Gay Patriot – Only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” sit on political left [...]

Pingback by NoisyRoom.net » Blog Archive » The Council Has Spoken!! This Week’s Watchers Council Winners – 10/26/12 — October 26, 2012 @ 1:15 pm - October 26, 2012

59. [...] Third place with 1 1/3 vote – Gay Patriot – Only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” sit on political left [...]

Pingback by Trevor Loudon's New Zeal Blog — October 26, 2012 @ 1:19 pm - October 26, 2012

60. [...] huh? It is interesting so many on the left are more than willing to engage in old-fashioned gay-bashing when it suits them (anybody remember Michelle Bachmann’s husband?), yet will rage and protest [...]

Pingback by Violence and Silence from the Left | therightplanet.com — October 26, 2012 @ 3:00 pm - October 26, 2012

61. [...] Third place with 1 1/3 vote – Gay Patriot- Only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” sit on political left [...]

Pingback by Watcher’s Council Winners! | Independent Sentinel — October 27, 2012 @ 12:08 am - October 27, 2012

62. [...] Third place with 1 1/3 vote – Gay Patriot – Only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” sit on political left [...]

Pingback by The Council Has Spoken!! This Week’s Watchers Council Winners 10.26.12 | askmarion — October 28, 2012 @ 3:46 pm - October 28, 2012

63. [...] Third place with 1 1/3 vote – Gay Patriot- Only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” sit on political left [...]

Pingback by Bookworm Room » The Council has spoken — October 26, 2012 — October 28, 2012 @ 8:06 pm - October 28, 2012

64. [...] Third place with 1 1/3 vote – Gay Patriot- Only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” sit on political left [...]

Pingback by The Council Has Spoken!! This Week’s Watchers Council Winners | Virginia Right! — October 29, 2012 @ 6:07 am - October 29, 2012

65. [...] Third place with 1 1/3 vote – Gay Patriot- Only people who call gay Republicans “faggots” sit on political left [...]

Pingback by Sandy the Storm in Blogposts | — October 29, 2012 @ 11:13 pm - October 29, 2012