Creepiest Obama video competition

Please review these three entries below and then vote:

Which of these videos is this creepiest?

pollcode.com free polls

Entry # 1 — “Yes, we can” children from 2008

Entry # 2–Lena Dunham’s First Time

Entry # 3–Future Children Project

1. Wow. It’s hard to pick just one. The use of the kids are the creepiest though. But I can’t decide between the 1st and 3rd videos.

Comment by Eric — October 27, 2012 @ 7:31 pm - October 27, 2012

2. Wow, that’s a tough one. I have to agree with Eric, it’s definitely one of the videos featuring children. If I HAD to choose, I guess I’d go with #3. Because of the black and white, it’s the most like watching Hitler youth in what I imagine they looked like in 1930′s newsreels. Did they do a medley with this song and “Tomorrow Belongs To Me?”

Comment by janis — October 27, 2012 @ 7:49 pm - October 27, 2012

3. I can’t choose.

I agree the ones with kids are worse, because it has that creepy indoctrination feel to it, while #2 is creepy mostly because it compares voting for president to losing your virginity and implies that voting for Obama will give you an orgasm.

But the kid ones-those are creepy in a whole different way.

Comment by Just Me — October 27, 2012 @ 8:56 pm - October 27, 2012

4. When you’re ready to laugh again (Richard Pryor as first black president):

Comment by Jeremayakovka — October 27, 2012 @ 8:57 pm - October 27, 2012

5. I voted for #1, just because it has a “cult of personality” feel to it.

Comment by Rattlesnake — October 27, 2012 @ 9:50 pm - October 27, 2012

6. Number 2 is just a creepy chic, the other two videos…child abuse!

Comment by Christine — October 27, 2012 @ 10:10 pm - October 27, 2012

7. Yes, I’ll agree with the children. Reminds me of the scene from Cabaret:

Comment by Tim in MT — October 27, 2012 @ 10:25 pm - October 27, 2012

8. Oh my the Cabaret comparison is spot on-there is just something creepy about using kids this way.

I voted for #3 although both of the kid ones IMO are creepy enough for a tie.

Comment by Just Me — October 27, 2012 @ 11:19 pm - October 27, 2012

9. Definitely the singing kids. The others are bad, but that one is chilling.

Comment by Bookworm — October 28, 2012 @ 12:14 am - October 28, 2012

10. My take from the Dunham ad: So women are stupid skanks that will climb on anything? This after you spent millions trying to convince women that Romney’s a misogynist?

Comment by TGC — October 28, 2012 @ 2:50 am - October 28, 2012

11. My other take on the Dunham ad is that Obama will make a dyke think seriously about doing it with a guy?

Comment by TGC — October 28, 2012 @ 3:00 am - October 28, 2012

12. Tim in MT, after watching that, I had to watch this to cleanse my palate.

Comment by B. Daniel Blatt — October 28, 2012 @ 3:18 am - October 28, 2012

13. [...] (By the way, to the extent that this video is only one in a series of disturbing Obama campaign videos, you can vote for the one you think is worst here, at the Gay Patriot.) [...]

Pingback by Bookworm Room » A Harvard psychology professor might want to rethink his claim that conservatives are more fearful — October 28, 2012 @ 4:17 am - October 28, 2012

14. ^Didn’t know there was a “video” with that song.

Comment by TGC — October 28, 2012 @ 5:27 am - October 28, 2012

15. First one was just stupid. Second was flabbergasting in its assumptions and had, shall we say, negative appeal – how it would even influence its target demo is beyond me, but perhaps I’ve given women in the generation younger than me too much credit. (I have a hard time believing that it would’ve worked on me even at the “appropriate” age; now, 15 years on, it just makes me shake my head in astonishment.)

The third one is flat creepy. The “Tomorrow Belongs To Me” parallel is apt indeed, but where my brain went right away was to the Soviet “child heroes” who would turn in their parents for offenses against the Party. Yikes.

Comment by jamie — October 28, 2012 @ 7:38 am - October 28, 2012

16. Plus, not to try to derail the thread, but if they were “*future*” children, shouldn’t they have been, I don’t know, embryos or penumbras or something?

Comment by jamie — October 28, 2012 @ 7:40 am - October 28, 2012

17. Re: Ms. Dunham’s bizarre video –

Apparently she is trying to say that inexperienced and ignorant people should vote for Obama.

Who else would?

Comment by alanstorm — October 28, 2012 @ 9:44 am - October 28, 2012

18. Order vom Führer: Nummer 3 gewinnt!

Comment by El Gordo — October 28, 2012 @ 11:43 am - October 28, 2012

19. Definitely the “Yes-We-Can” from 2008. Reminds me of the North Korean kids singing for Dear Leader.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — October 28, 2012 @ 12:08 pm - October 28, 2012

20. [...] brings us to Dan Blatt’s survey, the Creepiest Obama video competition Which of these videos is this [sic] creepiest? “Yes, we can” children from 2008 Lena Dunham’s [...]

Pingback by Time to retire, Madge! | Fausta's Blog — October 28, 2012 @ 1:12 pm - October 28, 2012

21. No. 1 because of the reason given in No. 3: “Mom and Dad, I’m blaming you.” The adults in the first video are creepiest of all.

Comment by Ignatius — October 28, 2012 @ 1:43 pm - October 28, 2012

22. They’re all creepy. Using children is particularly unacceptable.

Comment by Sara — October 28, 2012 @ 3:33 pm - October 28, 2012