Left-wing “comedienne” calls conservatives “faggot-ish”; HRC silent

As you recall, two days after Sarah Palin’s daughter used the epithet, “faggot” on Facebook, the Human Rights Campaign called on that teen’s mother to speak up.  “As a mother,” said HRC Vice President of Communications Fred Sainz, Mrs. Palin

should know to speak up when a child makes hateful remarks, particularly in this cyber age. Anti-LGBT bullying needs to stop and Sarah Palin should be a part of making that happen.

Four days ago, at a fundraiser in Sunday night fundraiser in Hollywood for former Democratic Florida Rep. Alan Grayson, a woman far older than Sarah Palin’s daughter made similarly, by HRC’s standards, “hateful remarks”.  “Comedienne” Sarah Silverman

. . . told the crowd of just under 100 that they must remember that both conservatives and liberals want the best for the country, even if liberals are more “open-minded” and conservatives are “less open-minded” and ” a little more “faggot-ish.”

(H/t:  Reader TGC.)   I searched HRC’s site; they have yet to call on the left-wing comedienne to  “speak up.”  Wonder why that is.

1. Haha, she still thinks she’s funny, how cute. 🙂

obamaisntworking.com

Comment by Balzac — November 1, 2012 @ 1:56 am - November 1, 2012

2. Liberal *tolerance* beings in 3……….2………….1 GO

Comment by Alan — November 1, 2012 @ 2:09 am - November 1, 2012

3. It should be pointed out that DisGrayson is running again for the congressional seat which has been redistricted. Why they’re having a fundraiser in Hollywood, I have no idea.

Also, I kinda agree that comedians push the envelope. However, I can’t imagine any good comedian thinking it’s brilliant to joke about rape. Even more confusing is why a candidate for office stayed around for it.

On similar note: DisGrayson was still in office during the townhall kerfuffles. At one townhall event, he chastised an audience member to watch his language as his children were present. Wonder if he would allow his kids to watch these comedians. Also wonder if he allows his kids to watch him call Republicans “Nazis”.

Comment by TGC — November 1, 2012 @ 2:17 am - November 1, 2012

4. Not sure “comedienne” is the right way to describer her. Unless “comedienne” means “not funny annoyingly grating person.”

Comment by lee — November 1, 2012 @ 5:13 am - November 1, 2012

5. Leftism these days is a pass for such things, except among the ones who would eat each other alive over semantics anyway. And they’re not likely to support conservatives in any manner – in fact, they probably want you dead, gay or straight. They won’t admit it – they’d claim they magically want you elsewhere – but ‘dead’ is what it amounts to.

Comment by perturbed — November 1, 2012 @ 6:08 am - November 1, 2012

6. She and that other female comic seem to think that making fun of people and saying stupid things equals humor.

Comment by Mike — November 1, 2012 @ 6:30 am - November 1, 2012

7. […] As Gay Patriot notes, the lack of condemnation by gay activists is deafening: As you recall, two days after Sarah […]

Pingback by Bloodthirsty Liberal » Didja Hear the One About…? — November 1, 2012 @ 7:41 am - November 1, 2012

8. Sad thing about Sarah Silverman is she’s (to me) a physically attractive woman. Now if only we could scoop out her personality and put in a nice one…

Sad thing is I want to see Wreck It Ralph (the premise is funny) but I can’t bring myself to watch anything with her in it.

Comment by The_Livewire — November 1, 2012 @ 7:45 am - November 1, 2012

9. I used to think she was cute, too. Sadly, I’ve come to the conclusion her cuteness belies tthe ugly underneath; like a dog turd in a candy wrapper.

Comment by V the K — November 1, 2012 @ 8:28 am - November 1, 2012

10. Meanwhile the LGBT wackjobs are silent. No surprise there.

Comment by BeeKay — November 1, 2012 @ 8:38 am - November 1, 2012

11. Sarah Silverman is a comedian well known for her “off-color” remarks about all walks of life. It wouldn’t surprise me if she was turning a hateful word I’ve often had conservatives use against me back around on them. If a faggot is something conservatives view as a bad thing than it simply must mean something other than homosexual or queer…because those sure aren’t bad things….in that case, faggot could mean anything, including close-minded conservative.

Comment by Nic — November 1, 2012 @ 8:48 am - November 1, 2012

12. I agree with Livewire. I thought Wreck it Ralph would be a fun movie. then I saw Sarah Silverman was in it. Crossed it off the viewing list and told others (with children) what was wrong with it. Word of mouth isn’t always a good thing.

Comment by Louise B — November 1, 2012 @ 9:24 am - November 1, 2012

13. Is Silverman still around? I thought they put her out to pasture with a feed bag years ago.

Comment by JonInVa — November 1, 2012 @ 10:38 am - November 1, 2012

14. “Sarah Silverman”, Hmmmmm…sounds Jewish. And Barack Hussein Obama, the president that is ever so dedicated to the security of the one truly democratic ally America has in that region of the world? Yeh, that’s so cool and hip. She’s pretty smart…

Comment by Your Inner Voice — November 1, 2012 @ 10:51 am - November 1, 2012

15. Nic, sounds to me like Silvermann considers it a bad thing.

Comment by Rob Crawford — November 1, 2012 @ 12:48 pm - November 1, 2012

16. I am not exactly a prude, but I expect my crude humor to be clever and funny and I don’t find hers clever or funny-just foul and crude.

I also am not convinced being a comedian excuses her word use here, but she is on the left and lefties rarely condemn their own.

Comment by Just Me — November 1, 2012 @ 1:34 pm - November 1, 2012

17. What JM said.

Comment by TGC — November 1, 2012 @ 7:35 pm - November 1, 2012

18. Groucho Marx once said, “If you have to use profanity to be funny, you’re not funny.”

Comment by The_Livewire — November 2, 2012 @ 8:17 am - November 2, 2012