GAYPATRIOT ELECTION BULLETIN:
PROJECTION- NC AND FL TO ROMNEY

Posted by Bruce Carroll at 4:54 pm - November 4, 2012.
Filed under: 2012 Presidential Election

This is our official GayPatriot Election Night Electoral Map.

20121104-165608.jpg

This is not our “prediction” map. This is our Decision Desk map projections based on polls, historical trends and — importantly — actual votes.

Late last week, I announced that based on actual early voting stats, I was calling North Carolina for Mitt Romney. Today, we are calling the state of Florida for Mitt Romney based on final early voting in the Sunshine State.

All of the other states that have been colored have been projected due to the overwhelming likelihood those states will go traditionally as in the past.

The gray states are toss-ups and will most likely remain that way until polls close on Tuesday. Unless I see some important actual early voting stats in a certain state.

Finally, yeah I’m going out on a limb with NC & FL. If the actual voting patterns on Tuesday warrant it, we will certainly pull a state back and/or switch our projection altogether.

-Bruce (@GayPatriot)

1. Good news. Illinois is undecided?

Comment by Lakas — November 4, 2012 @ 6:22 pm - November 4, 2012

2. I also think some of the “undecided” states might be a little *cough* optimistic. I’ll pee myself if Oregon, Maine, Illinois, Minnesota go Republican…

Comment by Tim in MT — November 4, 2012 @ 6:38 pm - November 4, 2012

3. The image is kind of small. I suppose I could mess with it to zoom in, but… busy, you know. What are the electoral vote totals it’s showing, so far?

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — November 4, 2012 @ 7:18 pm - November 4, 2012

4. If Illinois goes red, then the next sound will be democrats heads exploding. Heck, if Illinois goes for Obama by less than double digits that may well happen.

Comment by Rdm — November 4, 2012 @ 7:49 pm - November 4, 2012

5. Maine

Maine splits its electoral votes by congressional district.

The GOP pretty much has district 2 in the bag. Everything else is a toss up, although state polls tend to lean Obama.

I would agree overall that some of those states painted gray may be optimistic.

Comment by Just Me — November 4, 2012 @ 8:17 pm - November 4, 2012

6. Romney has the I-4 Corridor sewn up and historically, the rest of the state belongs to that candidate.

Comment by TGC — November 4, 2012 @ 11:07 pm - November 4, 2012

7. [...] GAYPATRIOT ELECTION BULLETIN:PROJECTION- NC AND FL TO ROMNEY [...]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Bruce’s Final Electoral Map Prediction — November 5, 2012 @ 11:02 am - November 5, 2012

8. [...] is our current map (explained further here) at 5:30PM Eastern Time.  Updates will be coming [...]

Pingback by GayPatriot » GAYPATRIOT ELECTION NIGHT PROJECTION MAP — November 6, 2012 @ 5:22 pm - November 6, 2012

9. I’m just curious on how a republican can be gay