GAYPATRIOT ELECTION NIGHT COVERAGE

11:55PM (Bruce) - Let’s get real folks.  Ohio is close, maybe headed for a recount.  But both Florida and Virginia actual vote totals look like a win for Obama that is unsurmountable by Romney.

11:45PM (Bruce) - Despite the fury about Ohio right now, it seems pretty realistic to suggest that Florida and Virginia are going to Obama.  The map will be updated in a second….  Again, this map is my projection.  Some of these states (Nevada) haven’t been called.  But it appears to be a Democrat+6 turnout, so it becomes unreasonable to assume Nevada won’t go to Obama at this point.

11:41PM (Bruce) - So I’ve updated the map in the assumption that this is over.  I am damn ass furious about the fact that Ohio was called when it appears the margin is less than 1,000 votes with over 400,000 votes left.  Of course, this map can change. But it seems reasonably likely that the current map will stick.  I think??

11:28PM (Bruce) - Oh lordy. Here we go again…. the Ohio call is being second guessed now by Romney campaign and Karl Rove.  Our media completely sucks.  Why can’t we wait until EVERY VOTE IS COUNTED????

11:20PM (Bruce) – Well that appears to be it.  FOX has added Iowa and that brings President Obama to 275 Electoral Votes.

I’m updating the map as I type.  Just a note to defend myself…. had the election been held last Monday, I think Romney would have won.  But today is Election Day.

11:15PM (Bruce) - FOX News has just called Ohio for Obama.  Looks like game over.

11:10PM (Bruce) - Updated the map again.  News from Florida is starting to look grim for Romney.

11:00PM (Bruce) - FOX News has finally called North Carolina…. I’d note that I called it last week.  Ha.  About the only thing I’ve gotten right all night it seems!!!

10:55PM (Bruce) - It is pretty clear that the Michael Barone turnout model was wrong, and the Karl Rove model is right.  So with that, I’ve updated the Electoral Map above with a more realistic projection reflected.  I still have a hunch about Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, though I expect they will both go to Obama eventually based on the night’s trends.

10:40PM (Bruce) - Okay, I’ve updated our Electoral Projection map (above).  And I’m back on my main Twitter feed (@GayPatriot).

A couple more notes, I’m still not confident of Pennsylvania or Wisconsin.  So bear with me on the map!

9:57 PM (Bruce) - Hey folks!  Just did my hit on Franklin Center’s election coverage.  Check it out, they’ll be going all night live from Washington, DC.  So I’ve updated our Decision Desk map.  I’m still holding on giving Pennsylvania to Obama.  I am not confident in that call quite yet and need to see more actual votes from Philly suburbs.  Obama’s early lead in Western PA has now evaporated.

I am still very confident that Romney will take Florida and North Carolina.  I’m aware that FOX has called New Hampshire for Obama.  I’m going to check some sources on that.  Be back soon.

9:15PM (Bruce) - FOX News has called Pennsylvania for Obama.  I respect that call and will agree after I look at actual vote totals from some key Pennsylvania counties.  Additionally, I’ll update our map to reflect Illinois going to Obama in the next 30 minutes.

9:11PM (Bruce) - NBC News projects that the Republicans will retain control of the US House of Representatives.  Another early call from the GayPatriot Decision Desk from last week.

8:51PM (Bruce) -   Taking a dinner break!

8:30PM ET (Bruce) - FOX News just calls Pat McCrory (R) for Governor of North Carolina.  FINALLY! First Governor from Western North Carolina.

8:00PM ET (Bruce) – Many states have closed, no surprises.  And no “calls” from any major news organization. I watched NBC Nightly News at 6:30PM and got the impression that the networks are being VERY conservative.

7:45PM ET (Bruce) – CORRECTION: Ace of Spades has Romney LEADING in NC & VA but no official call yet. Apologies.

BULLETIN:  The Ace of Spades Decision Desk has now called North Carolina & Virginia for MITT ROMNEY.  I will not be calling Virginia quite yet.  I’m waiting for more information.

7:30PM Eastern (Dan):  VA exit polls appear to confirm what we saw in most pre-election polls:  Romney is winning independents by double digits.

7:15PM (Bruce) - No big surprises as the first batch of polls close.  Of interest, Indiana has flipped from Obama to Romney.  No President since FDR has won re-election and lost ground in the Electoral College.

6:00 PM ET (Bruce) – Please join Tony Katz at Franklin Center’s live coverage.  I’ll be on at 9:45 PM Eastern.

5:42PM ET (Bruce) - First polls to close at 7PM ET are: Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, South Carolina, Vermont and Virginia.  Vermont expected to be Obama.  Virginia clearly toss-up.  If networks call Virginia early, that is a strong indicator of the rest of the night.

5:36PM ET (Bruce) - Since the networks all have their exit poll data, here is my first indicator of how things are going to go tonight.  Tune into NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams and watch his body language and tone of voice.

More early exit poll data: By a 59-39% margin, EARLY exit polls say the economy is getting worse or staying the same.

5:30PM Eastern (Bruce) - From a very good GOP source: Initial Exit Poll data is out, only 25% of voters today said they are better off than they were four yeers ago.  Bad Obama omen for tonight?

5:15PM Eastern (Bruce @GayPatriot): This is our open thread discussion of Election Night 2012.  Dan and I will be updating this post throughout the evening.

1. [...] GAYPATRIOT ELECTION NIGHT COVERAGE [...]

Pingback by GayPatriot » GAYPATRIOT ELECTION NIGHT PROJECTION MAP — November 6, 2012 @ 5:26 pm - November 6, 2012

2. Shelly, I apologize for popping off and offending you. Thank you for coming here in a spirit of true civility and conversation.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — November 2, 2012 @ 5:32 pm – November 2, 2012

This is truly impressive.

Comment by Vince Smetana — November 6, 2012 @ 7:51 pm - November 6, 2012

3. The following probably *isn’t* a sign of tonight’s outcome, but it’s been fun to think about for the last 30 seconds.

Background: Precious metals were down sharply on Friday… on sudden rumors that Romney could seriously win. (Romney is perceived as pro-dollar / anti-QE, which if true would mean a lower future gold price; Obama is perceived as anti-dollar / pro-QE, which causes higher gold prices.)

Today, PMs were up sharply, on rumors that Obama had it locked up.

Right now, in overnight trading (Asia) as they watch the first election results like Bruce… what are the PMs doing? Heading back down…

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — November 6, 2012 @ 8:10 pm - November 6, 2012

4. closer than it should be

Comment by Gene in Pennsylvania — November 6, 2012 @ 8:16 pm - November 6, 2012

5. Per Ace, Rove just called Florida for Romney, and thinks Ohio and Virginia show a winnable trend.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — November 6, 2012 @ 8:37 pm - November 6, 2012

6. Per HotAir, Linda McMahon is losing in CT.

I’m not really saddened or surprised – she always struck me as a weak candidate, I wanted Peter Schiff in that primary – but I think she was up in some late polls, so I take her loss as a sign that the GOP is not sweeping. As Gene suggested, this election is closer than it deserves to be.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — November 6, 2012 @ 9:00 pm - November 6, 2012

7. As of right now, a local channel here in Florida shows Romney at 51%, Obama 48%.

Comment by Carol — November 6, 2012 @ 9:29 pm - November 6, 2012

8. Looking more and more like this might come down to Ohio.

My hope is that Romney comes out ahead, but I doubt this thing ends tonight or maybe even tomorrow.

Comment by Just Me — November 6, 2012 @ 9:30 pm - November 6, 2012

9. Agree: Ohio it is.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — November 6, 2012 @ 9:42 pm - November 6, 2012

10. Update to my comment 3… Asia PMs are headed back up. I’m amazed how they seem to be tracking the election newsflow. Still might be coincidence, of course.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — November 6, 2012 @ 9:55 pm - November 6, 2012

11. Some chatter on sites now about UN-calling Wisconsin… that it might have been called too soon.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — November 6, 2012 @ 9:59 pm - November 6, 2012

12. (which would be good for r-R)

Break time.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — November 6, 2012 @ 10:02 pm - November 6, 2012

13. Apparently people are now calling the whole race for Obama. This sucks.

Comment by Rattlesnake — November 6, 2012 @ 10:06 pm - November 6, 2012

14. Senate looks like it is going to get bluer and that pretty much stinks no matter who wins the presidency.

Thank the Tea Party. Between the seats it cost you in 2008 and the three seats its cost you today, you guys would be close to a super-majority.

It’s time to re-evaluate, Republicans. You’re not losing because your candidates aren’t conservative enough.

Comment by Levi — November 6, 2012 @ 10:18 pm - November 6, 2012

15. I thank the Tea Party for gains in 2010.

Comment by Ignatius — November 6, 2012 @ 10:20 pm - November 6, 2012

16. Will Obama Win Florida?!?!?
    One 1 county has not reported any results and that will equal bout 40-50K for Romney.
    But Obama keeps piling it up in Miami Dade & Broward
    wow
    That would be a huge shock.

I really can’t believe it, but he might win this thing. I had no confidence going into today…

Comment by mike — November 6, 2012 @ 10:26 pm - November 6, 2012

17. Romney is in a run the table situation for FL, VA, NC and CO.

I am not optimistic that will happen.

Looks like Obama is going to get a bluer senate, but if he does, he won’t have much excuse for the lack of anything coming out of the senate. Reid can’t go 8 years with no budget even the derelict media will eventually catch on to that.

Comment by Just Me — November 6, 2012 @ 10:31 pm - November 6, 2012

18. If Romney can’t win against Obama, what with Benghazi, “…you didn’t build that!”, Biden, etc., then I can only conclude that the country has turned a corner. The takers have won simply because there are too many of them.

Comment by Ignatius — November 6, 2012 @ 10:49 pm - November 6, 2012

19. Indiana is blue?

Comment by Paul — November 6, 2012 @ 10:58 pm - November 6, 2012

20. Fox just called Ohio for Obama, and, for all intents and purposes, said it would require a miracle for Romney.

Comment by Vince Smetana — November 6, 2012 @ 11:15 pm - November 6, 2012

21. 1115pm….Ohio for Obama.

W E … A R E … S C R E W E D ! !

Start burying ammo and guns in the back yard.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — November 6, 2012 @ 11:15 pm - November 6, 2012

22. Indiana isn’t blue, but looks like they are calling Ohio for Obama which makes Romney toast.

Here’s hoping the MSM decides to actually do their jobs now that they have their dear leader elected. I want a real accounting for Benghazi.

Comment by Just Me — November 6, 2012 @ 11:16 pm - November 6, 2012

23. Wow
    Obama has a chance for 332 electoral votes
    That would be a mandate – except for the fact he is not doing a great job as president and probably will only win the popular vote by under 500K

Comment by mike — November 6, 2012 @ 11:25 pm - November 6, 2012

24. Fox reporting that Romney doesn’t agree with Ohio call.

Comment by Vince Smetana — November 6, 2012 @ 11:26 pm - November 6, 2012

25. I want a real accounting for Benghazi.

“Move along, nothing to see here…”

Comment by RSG — November 6, 2012 @ 11:27 pm - November 6, 2012

26. CBS News is reporting the one of the reasons El Presidente was reelected was because “…he’s the candidate who cares about me the most.” {vomit}

Comment by RSG — November 6, 2012 @ 11:29 pm - November 6, 2012

27. A wise person, I don´t remember who, said that given the bad economic condition of the country, the high unemployment. runaway deficits, if the Republicans don´t win the the White House and take back the Senate , they should disappear as a party. I for one agree. This election is disgraceful. The VP candidate couldn´t deliver his own state, even though the Governor Walker won recall by a larger majority and Tommy Thompson was allegedly a very popular governor. We couldn´t even hold on to the senate seats we had. Pennsylvania should have been in playy two years ago , they elected a Republican Governor, both house of the legislature and a senator Neither Romney nor Santorum had any pull to take away Casey´s seat. No that SOB will get to nominate to the SCOTUS and you know his legacy will go on for at least 30 to 40 years. We´re going to have to to do what banana republics do to get the country we need.

Comment by Roberto — November 6, 2012 @ 11:30 pm - November 6, 2012

28. Correctin typo: it should read, Now that SOB . .

Comment by Roberto — November 6, 2012 @ 11:31 pm - November 6, 2012

29. Obama up in VA now

Comment by mike — November 6, 2012 @ 11:32 pm - November 6, 2012

30. Pretty sure this one is over.

I am worried for the next 4 years-I doubt anything is going to get cheaper and I seriously doubt income is going to keep up with that since we are all going to end up with part time jobs.

Comment by Just Me — November 6, 2012 @ 11:42 pm - November 6, 2012

31. So after they counted 73% of the vote, they called Ohio? Come on!

Comment by AZ Mo in NYC — November 6, 2012 @ 11:43 pm - November 6, 2012

32. Khrushchev said: “You Americans are so gullible. No, you won’t accept communism outright; but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of Socialism until you will finally wake up and find that you already have communism. We won’t have to fight you; we will so weaken your economy until you fall like overripe fruit into our hands.”

Comment by AZ Mo in NYC — November 6, 2012 @ 11:45 pm - November 6, 2012

33. The majority of the uncounted OH vote is in the very blue territory of OH

Comment by mike — November 6, 2012 @ 11:45 pm - November 6, 2012

34. Yet now he’s only ahead by 2,000 votes.

Comment by AZ Mo in NYC — November 6, 2012 @ 11:47 pm - November 6, 2012

35. The first Openly Gay Senator was elected today from WI
    That is big news.

Even though she is way too liberal for me!

Comment by mike — November 6, 2012 @ 11:52 pm - November 6, 2012

36. Not that you need my blow by blow, but he’s now AHEAD by 2000. It was too early to call. Sorry, Charlie.

Comment by AZ Mo in NYC — November 6, 2012 @ 11:53 pm - November 6, 2012

37. I doubt anything is going to get cheaper and I seriously doubt income is going to keep up with that since we are all going to end up with part time jobs.

Yes, yes, and yes.

But I’ve said before, and I will again:

- If Americans are dumb enough to fall for Obama – and yes, I do mean dumb, as in actually stupid – then, Americans are dumb enough to fall for Obama.

- Winning may actually be a worse outcome for Obama, than losing. If Benghazi doesn’t become His Watergate, the coming U.S. sovereign debt crisis will bury Him.

Problem is, that doesn’t help us who must plan and scramble to survive Him.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — November 7, 2012 @ 12:01 am - November 7, 2012

38. …and as well, soon-to-be President Biden.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — November 7, 2012 @ 12:03 am - November 7, 2012

39. OH
    Cuyahoga County has only reported 49%
    This county has 11% of the population of OH
    They voted for Obama by 60 last election
    OH 6th Largest county is Lucas and went 60% obama last election
    They’ve only reported 12%

My rough math tells me even a 55% win for Obama in these counties wins OH by a close but comfy margin.

Comment by mike — November 7, 2012 @ 12:09 am - November 7, 2012

40. ILC,

In the wake of these election results, do you seriously think it would be good advice for the Republican Party to attempt to impeach Obama or somehow force a resignation?

Comment by Levi — November 7, 2012 @ 12:14 am - November 7, 2012

41. It’s dependent on whether they have a real reason to. If they do, then yes of course.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — November 7, 2012 @ 12:16 am - November 7, 2012

42. (continued) The point being that doing what’s right is, or should be, independent of any popularity contest, including elections.

But I don’t begin to expect you (Levi) to understand that.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — November 7, 2012 @ 12:19 am - November 7, 2012

43. According to CNN right now, Obama is behind in the popular vote.

I don’t necessarily expect that to hold, when 100% of precincts are in. But it shows how close this thing was. That’s the problem with democracy: You get a skillful enough demagogue, who can divide and manipulate people enough to get close to 50%, and you end up with the election decided by the most confused people. Still, it’s a better system than (say) monarchy, or one-party dictatorship.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — November 7, 2012 @ 12:28 am - November 7, 2012

44. What reason could that be? Because he didn’t call it a terror attack early enough? Yes, yes, these clearly constitute unforgivable high crimes.

Comment by Levi — November 7, 2012 @ 12:33 am - November 7, 2012

45. According to CNN right now, Obama is behind in the popular vote.

Right. Because the only confusing and manipulating that goes on is in the Democratic Party. The Republican Party, home to businessmen and the religious (aka: WORLD CLASS BULLSHITTERS) certainly do not engage in any kind of manipulating or deliberate confusing. That’s why huge chunks of the Republican base believe that Saddam had weapons, that Obama is a foreigner, and that liberalism is about begging for handouts, is that about right?

Comment by Levi — November 7, 2012 @ 12:39 am - November 7, 2012

46. Still, it’s a better system than (say) monarchy, or one-party dictatorship.

Or direct election, for that matter.

Comment by RSG — November 7, 2012 @ 12:40 am - November 7, 2012

47. Hey, that reminds me. Why does Benghazi reflect more poorly on Obama than the Iraq War reflects on Bush?

Really?

Comment by TGC — November 7, 2012 @ 12:42 am - November 7, 2012

48. Wow, Levi, even though your side won, you’re still bitter, mean, and angry. Proving that the left is, well, bitter and angry no matter what happens. Democrats err, Socialist Party USA, the party of the stupid and the angry.

Comment by AZ Mo in NYC — November 7, 2012 @ 12:43 am - November 7, 2012

49. Obama lied, people died.

Contrary to your crappy left-wing mythology, Levi, Bush never did lie about Iraq. He was sincerely trying to protect Americans. Obama? Not so much. Americans dying is “not optimal”, but let it happen, even manufacture a FALSE cover story for it, to win an election.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — November 7, 2012 @ 12:45 am - November 7, 2012

50. Levi, because Obama went in to Libya unilaterally. We had no business in there. We’re STILL in Iraq, Afghanistan, screwed around in Egypt, and refused to provide even basic security for the men he sent to Libya. You don’t have a problem with that or you can overlook all that because he robs others to give you free shit and gives lip service to how only his party thinks your gayness is something special. History tells us that the ‘tools’ are generally the first ones shot.
    Do you think he will protect you from the ‘religion of peace’?

Comment by beasn — November 7, 2012 @ 12:49 am - November 7, 2012

51. Hey, that reminds me. How come liberals don’t give a shit about the victims of Sandy? Obasuck can show up, get his pic taken and then blow them off to run to his next fundraiser.

Just like Benghazi, Americans are left behind.

Comment by TGC — November 7, 2012 @ 12:50 am - November 7, 2012

52. believe that Saddam had weapons

But he did. He actually had stocks of chemical weapons (which are WMD), that he wasn’t supposed to have. Plus ongoing research into nuclear & bio, that he wasn’t supposed to have. I know you missed that chapter, foolish Levi. I’m just repeating it for the record.

that Obama is a foreigner

But Obama’s own literary biography said that He was, for over ten years. Guess you missed that part too, Levi.

and that liberalism is about begging for handouts

But it is.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — November 7, 2012 @ 12:50 am - November 7, 2012

53. Not only that, but Obama has Fast and Furious on his hands, as well. The next chapter will be very interesting as well as full of hardship. We could have a President Biden before 2016…at least he isn’t as mean.

Comment by AZ Mo in NYC — November 7, 2012 @ 12:50 am - November 7, 2012

54. That’s what is really making me laugh here.

Levi is the most foul and unhappy person posting on this board tonight, and the person he ostensibly supports won.

This is going to be a fun next four years. :)

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — November 7, 2012 @ 12:51 am - November 7, 2012

55. CNN now shows Obama edging in the popular vote; but barely. Percentages are still 49-49.

CA probably will push Obama over 50. Wouldn’t it be funny though, if it didn’t?

In any event, Obama will have the noble distinction of being the first president since Roosevelt to be re-elected with a clear LOSS of support from the American people.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — November 7, 2012 @ 1:02 am - November 7, 2012

56. Obama lied, people died.

You’re never going to believe it, of course. Admitting that Bush lied about Iraq would acknowledge far too much about the deficiencies of the modern Republican Party, because it would mean, you know, that you guys elected a war criminal twice. Colin Powell goes to the UN waving anthrax around, Bush talks about aluminum tubes in his State of the Union, Donald Rumsfeld says he knows where the weapons are… all based on less than nothing. Weren’t you just talking about dumb people being confused and manipulated by politicians?

And as those wars dragged on and on and no weapons were found and no kind of occupation plan was implemented and as our casualties piled up, where were the Republicans to call for investigations? Why didn’t the conservatives want to understand that intelligence failure? Why weren’t conservatives complaining about that failure of leadership? Conservatives need to know every detail and have a complete timeline about Benghazi, but man, just try keeping their interest by describing the mountains of evidence that demonstrate how massively Bush lied and failed in Iraq.

Bush was trying to protect Americans… by sending Americans into a pointless, hopeless war. That doesn’t make sense. That’s not a good way to protect Americans, especially when you’re lying through your teeth because you’re letting Dick Cheney run your administration. Anyway….

This ‘not optimal’ quote you guys bandy about is taking woefully out of context. Obama let it happen? Like, how do you figure that went down? Was he watching on a monitor or something? He had the power to intervene and he declined? You’re full of it. Oh, and the false cover story. I’d love to hear about that. I guess this has something to do with the video?

Election’s over, your Benghazi play didn’t work, have some respect for the dead and stop politicizing a tragedy.

Comment by Levi — November 7, 2012 @ 1:06 am - November 7, 2012

57. Was he watching on a monitor or something? He had the power to intervene and he declined?

stop politicizing a tragedy

And that’s what makes you a leftie, Levi. Obama LIED, flat-out LIED about it. His White House made up a COMPLETELY FALSE cover story for the tragedy, and stuck to it 2 weeks. And yet you can blame… not them… but rather, the people who dare to notice.

Somewhere, Levi, George Orwell is sort of proud of you.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — November 7, 2012 @ 1:15 am - November 7, 2012

58. Last update for the night, to where I started at comment 3… PMs in Asia are still up for the night. My guess is that their PM traders were following the election newsflow all along, and assuming the Obama == Inflation (or Dollar Devaluation) script that I had outlined.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — November 7, 2012 @ 1:21 am - November 7, 2012

59. Levi has proven AGAIN, that he is just a big ball of ill-informed hatred…which pretty much exemplifies the Progressive fascist movement.

Comment by AZ Mo in NYC — November 7, 2012 @ 1:27 am - November 7, 2012

60. Why didn’t the conservatives want to understand that intelligence failure? Why weren’t conservatives complaining about that failure of leadership?

But there were investigations. MANY.

The investigations all found the same thing: that, whatever the imperfections of intelligence had been, the world intelligence communities had believed sincerely that Saddam had WMD stocks, and had advised everyone accordingly, including the Bush adminstration. And were, again, at least partly right about it.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — November 7, 2012 @ 1:27 am - November 7, 2012

61. (continued) So, yeah. Having had all those many investigations into Iraq, let’s now have one or two into Benghazi.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — November 7, 2012 @ 1:28 am - November 7, 2012

62. That’s one story being floated by government leaks, yes. I don’t know yet for sure that it was 100% that way.

Oh but I’m sure you’re right. Obama was watching on a monitor, he said the words “I don’t care what happens,” then went back to playing XBox.

Meanwhile, let’s never even pretend to care about what was going on in the Bush White House before and during the Iraq War!

Somewhere, Levi, George Orwell is sort of proud of you.

What was the lie? Like, what are you talking about?

I don’t think you understand what a cover up is. Suppose we had a stealth bomber go down in North Korea that was carrying Spanish bullion and the Ark of the Covenant. The government might be wise to cover up that incident and say it was a weather balloon or the Aurora Borealis. Like, the point of a cover up is that you get to pretend like the terribly embarrassing thing never happened. Do you understand that?

So what about Benghazi was a cover up? The salient facts – that the consulate was attacked and that our guys had been killed – were known immediately. Did Obama try to cover that up? No. So what’s he trying to cover up? Where have they not been forthcoming? What is the COMPLETELY FALSE cover story that he stuck to for 2 weeks? Most importantly, if this is such a big deal and if this is such a huge issue, why was your candidate unable to articulate a criticism more coherent and relevant than “Uh, you didn’t call it an act of terror quickly enough.” ?

Obama lied and Bush didn’t, because oh yeah actually we did find weapons in Iraq so it was well worth the effort and Bush is a war hero and was right all along. And you’re going to invoke George Orwell? Pffft.

Comment by Levi — November 7, 2012 @ 1:36 am - November 7, 2012

63. But there were investigations. MANY.

None of this is true. There was widespread international agreement that the invasion was a bad idea, and our own intelligence was manipulated to produce the results that Bush and Cheney desired. They decided to invade no matter what and plucked out a few bits of cherry-picked intelligence to scare the public into going along with it. This couldn’t be more obvious, especially now that we can look back at the whole scope of the war. I’m sure they probably thought they’d find weapons, but that doesn’t mean they did their due diligence, and that doesn’t mean they didn’t willfully lie to the American people to trick them into supporting the war.

And this bit about them being ‘partly right.’ Rusted out shells filled with trace amounts of inert mustard gas buried in the middle of the desert that Saddam probably didn’t even know about do not constitute any kind of threat to, well, anybody.

Comment by Levi — November 7, 2012 @ 1:47 am - November 7, 2012

64. I don’t know if Levi has noticed, because he hasn’t seen a TV read the news or anything, but Bush hasn’t been president in 4 years. Hey, Bush isn’t president anymore. Did you know that Barrack Hussein Obama was re-selected as president? What happened to Forward?

Comment by AZ Mo in NYC — November 7, 2012 @ 2:40 am - November 7, 2012

65. Ah, Levi again trots out the big lie. It’s all that the little fascist knows.

Let’s recap. Levi believes Bush Allowed 9/11, but Obama did everything possible to save Ambassador Stevens.

No matter how many times it is pointed out to him, Levi believes there were no WMD in Iraq, and that the land was healthy and prosperous until we liberated them.

Now hush Levi, the adults are talking.

Comment by The_Livewire — November 7, 2012 @ 8:44 am - November 7, 2012