Nominations Open for Grande Conservative Blogress Diva 2012/13

Posted by B. Daniel Blatt at 7:18 pm - December 3, 2012.
Filed under: Blogress Divas,Strong Women

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we were unable to hold the competition last year for the most coveted honor in the right-o-sphere, the title, Grande Conservative Blogress Diva.  As you know we here at GayPatriot define a diva as “a strong, confident woman who commands the respect of men.”

“A conservative blogress diva”, we noted in 2009, “need not be conservative  per se; all she must do command the respect (or have otherwise earned the admiration) of gay conservatives.”  In 2006, I observed that some nominees are

are libertarian. And others, while more centrist, distinguish themselves by their iconoclasm and the manner in which they take on the silliness of certain leftists — and conservative pretenders, i.e., those who, in the words of one of our nominees, “drive . . . liberals nuts.”

Please indicate those blogresses, whom you feel, meet the criteria for Grande Conservative Blogress Diva.

All nominees are, by their very nomination, blogress divas, but only one can wear the coveted tiara belonging to the Ethel, as we call the winner, honoring of the greatest Republican diva of all time.

We will honor the runner-up or runners-up, as the case may be, as Conservative Blogress Diva Regent, also known as the Agnes or Endora in honor of another staunchly Republican diva.

Potential nominees include such divas, er, bloggresses, as:

Please feel free to nominate one of the above divas in the comments section or via e-mail.  The committee will meet sometime in the next week and present a list of official nominees sometime after our Meatless Mondays steak dinner next Monday.

1. May I nominate another, one not so well known, but highly effective?

Villainous Company

Eric Hines

Comment by E Hines — December 3, 2012 @ 7:33 pm - December 3, 2012

2. Yes, Eric, you may

Comment by B. Daniel Blatt — December 3, 2012 @ 7:34 pm - December 3, 2012

3. [...] I found those nominations a just a wee bit hurtful.  This latest nomination in my life, though, just thrills me: Due to circumstances beyond our control, we were unable to hold the competition last year for the [...]

Pingback by Bookworm Room » At last! My inner diva is getting the recognition she deserves — December 3, 2012 @ 7:40 pm - December 3, 2012

4. Sarah Hoyt, by all means! A blogress for the ages! Her incisive blogs about the evils of Marxism and the current administration are fabulous!

Comment by Kitteh-Dragon — December 3, 2012 @ 7:45 pm - December 3, 2012

5. Althouse is NOT a conservative.

Comment by Paul A'Barge — December 3, 2012 @ 8:19 pm - December 3, 2012

6. How about Stranahan. Not a woman, but definitely a diva!

Comment by crosspatch — December 3, 2012 @ 8:54 pm - December 3, 2012

7. Althouse is NOT a conservative.

Comment by Paul A’Barge — December 3, 2012 @ 8:19 pm – December 3, 2012

I don’t think she’s even Republican. Is this about “staunch conservative” or about “Republican” because those can be two different things. I’ve just about had it up to here with the “true conservative” handing elected offices to the Democrats. If you mean the knuckleheaded “true conservative” whose answer to every challenge is 100% my way or nothing, then I’ll pass. That ends up getting you nothing almost 100% of the time.

Comment by crosspatch — December 3, 2012 @ 9:05 pm - December 3, 2012

8. I nominate Bookworm

I always refer to her blog as a peaceful and civilized oasis in the wild west world of the web. Check it out if you haven’t yet. You’ll be glad you did. http://www.bookwormroom.com

Comment by Mike Devx — December 3, 2012 @ 9:10 pm - December 3, 2012

9. I’d definitely like to second for Bookworm. Her calm, rational, well-thought-out posts are what I always turn to when the hysterical hissy fits of politics are giving me a headache. :)

Comment by Sissy G — December 3, 2012 @ 9:42 pm - December 3, 2012

10. Why, Nice Deb, of course!

Comment by crosspatch — December 3, 2012 @ 9:43 pm - December 3, 2012

11. Bookworm is my sentimental favorite because she, as I, moves in deep blue waters. But she is braver and quicker of wit to defend the individualist cause.

Comment by Judith L — December 3, 2012 @ 10:09 pm - December 3, 2012

12. Kira Davis at KiraDavis.net

Not sure she it a true “diva” but she is a true Conservative

Comment by Diane Tavarez — December 3, 2012 @ 11:04 pm - December 3, 2012

13. What happened last year? I forget.

Comment by TGC — December 3, 2012 @ 11:39 pm - December 3, 2012

14. Ann Althouse voted for Obama in 2008; she didn’t reveal her vote in 2012.
    How can you consider her a ‘conservative blogress?’

Comment by ALY — December 4, 2012 @ 6:43 am - December 4, 2012

15. Voting for Bookworm. One of my favorites.

Comment by Dan — December 4, 2012 @ 8:38 am - December 4, 2012

16. First, it is high time to add Tammy Bruce to the list. Tammy and members of her “TAM amry” unflinchingly post a host of stories that completely expose our government for the despicable wretches that they are. And her online radio podcasts are Flaming and Scorching of this sorry excuse of a President and his minions while mixing in stories about the best among us and large doses of humour.

Out of those on the list, my vote is for Michelle Malkin.

Comment by PopArt — December 4, 2012 @ 8:46 am - December 4, 2012

17. Bookworm is worthy of consideration.

Comment by Phaedrus — December 4, 2012 @ 11:03 am - December 4, 2012

18. I would like to nominate Kate at “Small Dead Animals.” The snark is strong with that one.

Comment by Bastiat Fan — December 4, 2012 @ 11:40 am - December 4, 2012

19. I agree with Pop Art and second the motions. When Tammy Bruce spoke to Log Cabin L.A. about nine years ago, among us conservatives it was like a religious experience. She also held a book signing for The Death of Right and Wrong. She continues to defend the conservative positions in her many appearances on Fox News Network.

Michelle Malkin calls them the way she sees them.

Comment by Roberto — December 4, 2012 @ 12:42 pm - December 4, 2012

20. I third or whatever it is Bookworm.

I’ve tried some of the others, and liked them, but they fade compared to Bookworm.

Comment by Ron19 — December 4, 2012 @ 2:37 pm - December 4, 2012

21. Bookworm, of course.

(what happened to my previous nomination of Bookworm? It hasn’t shown up!)

She is prolific and has staying power.

Comment by Ron19 — December 4, 2012 @ 2:46 pm - December 4, 2012

22. Tammy Bruce has definitely earned a spot on the list this year, IMHO, and she has my vote. There’s no one better at articulating conservative principles, explaining why the GOP has gotten so far off track and separating fact from fiction when it comes to Obama’s record. LOVE HER!!! And I admire her for taking her radio show “commando.” She is 100% listener supported and completely unfiltered. Says what needs to be said…and heard.

Comment by Lori G. — December 4, 2012 @ 3:12 pm - December 4, 2012

23. I nominate neoneocond

I take great pleasure in reading book’s blog as well as neo’s. Since book is already nominated, I’d like to nominate neoneocon.

Comment by Les — December 4, 2012 @ 4:32 pm - December 4, 2012

24. Sorry, for misspelling neoneocon. I hit the Enter key by mistake before I proofread.

Comment by Les — December 4, 2012 @ 4:34 pm - December 4, 2012

25. I cast my vote for Tammy Bruce. But I appreciate the introduction to Bookworm. Her blog is a great discovery.

Comment by Lori Heine — December 4, 2012 @ 9:11 pm - December 4, 2012