Secretary of State in Drag

Did John Kerry really say “I have some big heels to fill?”  Yes, yes he did.  (H/T Michelle Malkin)

YouTube Preview Image

Maybe he didn’t want to make any jokes about pantsuits.  As if the thought of John Kerry playing the part of Secretary of State weren’t bad enough, now we’ve got to imagine Kerry playing the part of Secretary of State in drag.  In all truth, though, by using this sort of humor to introduce himself, he only reminds many of us (especially those of us who didn’t vote for him in 2004) about this photo.

The administration has hit the “reset button” with the State Department once again, and somehow I don’t expect the second go-around will be any better than the first.

Meanwhile, here at home, the “Department of Homeland Security” (in quotes because I can’t imagine it being any more ironically named at this point) is advising people faced with “an active shooter situation” to “huddle like sheep and die,” in the words of William A. Levinson at American Thinker.  Levinson writes:

The bottom line is that the Obama administration, of which DHS is a part, has published a training video whose guidance can easily kill anybody who relies on it.  These are the same people who want to tell us what kind of firearms are “reasonable” for us to own for self-defense.  FrontSight, by the way, posted an interview with a senior citizen who needed 11 rounds of 40 caliber — that’s one more than Dianne Feinstein and four more than Andrew Cuomo thinks he needed — to stop two armed home invaders
If huddling like a sheep doesn’t work, then DHS advises the use of improvised weapons like scissors.

And if scissors don’t work, I’m sure you can use things like tacks and glue on the floor, since those kinds of techniques worked so well in Home Alone.

Karl Marx wrote that “History repeats itself, first as tragedy, then as farce.”  With events like the ones described above, it’s hard not to view these first few weeks of Obama’s second term as a farce, but I’m certainly not laughing.

1. And if scissors don’t work, I’m sure you can use things like tacks and glue on the floor

Or maybe banana peels placed in emergency boxes with glass fronts where the box can be broken, the banana peel deployed on the floor where the perp will be sure to step on it, slip, and lose the weapon in the fall. It works every time in cartoons, it should work in real life, shouldn’t it?

Comment by crosspatch — February 6, 2013 @ 3:24 am - February 6, 2013

2. Thanks for bringing back the hilarious photo of Kerry dressed as a sperm. Remember his Ohio hunting license ham-fisted dialogue: “Is this where I can get me a huntin’ license?” Couple the sperm picture with the dialogue and you get: “I’m lookin’ to impregnate me an egg. Anyone see one around these parts?”

On another note, why shouldn’t he ride a pontoon boat to the State Department and give a sloppy salute and announce he is “reporting for duty” while wearing high heels? After all, he can’t repeat the phony medals toss over the fence just for effect routine.

I fully expect him to commission a Secretary of State uniform befitting his conceit.

Comment by heliotrope — February 6, 2013 @ 9:20 am - February 6, 2013

3. He’s dumber than a box of rocks. If he weren’t so dangerous in his stupidity, his term as SoS might be funny as it will undoubtedly be full of statements like this. He and Biden have spent too much time together.

Comment by Mary — February 6, 2013 @ 10:48 am - February 6, 2013

4. My favorite pic of Kerry was that one of him catching the football… with his face. That was a classic. Oh, and when he was a little too liberal with the tan in the bottle before that one debate, and he looked like Agent Orange.

Comment by runningrn — February 6, 2013 @ 11:03 am - February 6, 2013

5. Heliotrope–I’m sure he’d settle for a uniform like that one if he had to, but I’m sure he’d prefer one more like this, instead. That way he’d get to wear heels, too. I doubt Obama would permit it, though, as he doesn’t care for competition.

Comment by Kurt — February 6, 2013 @ 12:06 pm - February 6, 2013

6. As for “background checks”, I already have a NJ Firearms permit and just need to get an change-of-address processed through my local Police Chief’s office. It’s currently 6-8 weeks for them to do a fresh background check and re-issue that same permit with a new address. New permit applications are taking 6-12 weeks…and that’s just for a rifle and shotgun purchase…and legal possession.

You can’t legally touch a firearm of ANY type without said card issued and in your personal possession. Oops, in my other pants…off to jail.

If you want a handgun and you have a valid and correct NJ Firearms permit, it’s yet another 6-8 weeks for EACH HANDGUN to be purchased…as a separate transaction and separate permit. If you don’t have a NJ Firearm’s permit already, it’s 6-8 weeks for the Firearms permit and an additional 6-8 weeks for the NJ Handgun Purchase permit…that 3 to 4 months waiting.

Just saying….

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — February 6, 2013 @ 2:11 pm - February 6, 2013

7. Ted, do you think that’s just coincidental? Not me….

Comment by Mary — February 6, 2013 @ 6:46 pm - February 6, 2013