How are the mighty fallen!

V brought this to our attention in another thread, and I thought it worth a quick post of its own: Brown University’s workshop on gay sex will segregate participants by race.

Students at Brown University will host a workshop called “Protect me from what I desire,” which purports to help gay minority students resist their same-sex attractions to white people…

Students will be segregated by race for a portion of the event. White students will be in one group, and persons of color in another. Organizers described this session as “intentional, anti-racist, and feminist.”

Get it? Racial segregation isn’t racist, in the Brave New World, if it’s intentional.

But wait. Segregation that’s intentional – in other words, racial division that you meant to create; racial division that is actually the point of your gay workshop – is almost the definition of racist. Simply asserting that it’s “anti-racist” when you do it, is a (racist) child’s way of denying reality.

Seriously: Lefties, LOOK AT YOURSELVES.

1. So, does a black gay dude who dates a white gay dude run the risk of getting lynched by left-wing segregaytionists. [I just coined that term.]

Comment by V the K — March 21, 2013 @ 10:57 am - March 21, 2013

2. So, separate but equal is okay again? Seriously, do these Leftists even know what they are saying, anymore? How is “we want black gays not together with white gays” any different from “we don’t want black men together with white woman” (or vice versa)?

Oh, it’s a figurative cudgel just calling out to me … “acepug, acepug, pick me up and smack a Lib with me … just once … acepug …”

Wow. When they said everything old is new again, I didn’t realize they meant it literally.

So remember, kiddies — if you don’t study history, it really DOES doom you to repeat it!

Comment by Acethepug — March 21, 2013 @ 11:56 am - March 21, 2013

3. Haven’t African-Americans long complained about desegregation, calling for all-black academies, etc.? It’s all racism, i.e. “I’m tired of being rejected by white guys so I’m going to try to convince myself that I don’t want white guys using all kinds of leftist/progressive code language…”

Comment by Ignatius — March 21, 2013 @ 1:14 pm - March 21, 2013

4. We have come to a full circle in the gay community. As the movement was becoming more visible, to overcome racial prejudice in our community there was, and I don´t know if there still is, a group BMWMT, Black Men White Men Together. I gues they want to revive the phrase, black is beautiful.

The heterosexual community had it´s problems overcoming racism. Young black women were angry about black men marrying white women. I also remember in Los Angeles, a black minister who televised his Sunday morning service, Dr. Fred Price, who told women not be closed minded and there are white men who would be happy to marry a black women.

Comment by Roberto — March 21, 2013 @ 2:59 pm - March 21, 2013

5. Reminds me of my college…

We had about 40 Black students out of a student body of about 4000….most were male, and almost all dated Jewish or Oriental girls. The Black ladies on-campus were furious about THAT…and complained loudly and publicly! Then they turned around and dated the blond guys on the wrestling team.

The rest of the wrestling team were dating each-other I found out later—but that’s another story.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — March 21, 2013 @ 3:25 pm - March 21, 2013

6. Blatant segregation by language and culture. Small group of people stirring up hostilities among the cut off groups. The various groups ultimately having to rely on the small ruling group to help them understand the others, who they’re not allowed to engage with. It’s called multiculturalism in the U. S. In South Africa, for fifty years, it was called apartheid. And not even these Ivy Leaguers can see it coming.

Comment by Douglas — March 21, 2013 @ 3:25 pm - March 21, 2013

7. Yes, folks. More from the DC article, quoting the Brown group’s Facebook page:

“Some of us… find ourselves falling always for the white queers or other bodies that possess dominant power [ed: what does that mean? good-looking non-whites?], wishing we could have more agency in the process, be more intentional about who we desire and how,” the page reads.

So let’s see. We need to be super race-conscious and even segregate the whites a little, because certain left-wing activists feel ashamed of the sheer political incorrectness of their own feelings of sexual attraction.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — March 21, 2013 @ 3:56 pm - March 21, 2013

8. When liberal believe systems collide. *chuckle*

Comment by The_Livewire — March 21, 2013 @ 4:04 pm - March 21, 2013

9. That position is twisted in so many ways, so contrary to healthy psychology as well as classical “out gay” ideology, that I don’t know how to begin unpacking it.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — March 21, 2013 @ 3:56 pm – March 21, 2013

It’s actually pretty easy, ILC.

When you blame white people for everything, this is the pathology you get.

It’s similar to iconoclasm, witch-burning, and all the other purification paroxysms that human beings go through on a regular basis when they can’t or don’t want to deal with the root of their problems.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — March 21, 2013 @ 4:26 pm - March 21, 2013

10. What’s next? Cutting off one’s penis because it’s a symbol of the dominant power structure? When will the next Queer Studies PhD write a book stating all male/male sex is rape? Where will Civil War re-enactments take place that feature whites enslaved and blacks their masters? When will the word ‘fallacy’ be banned on campus? When will it be forbidden for males to drive cars, preventing them from ‘running out of gas’ on a date? Is all of this beginning to sound like…nah, I’m dreaming.

Comment by Ignatius — March 21, 2013 @ 4:36 pm - March 21, 2013

11. You know, while we’re concerned about deficits, debt, jobs, liberty… leftists worry about whether black guys are betraying their race by dating black guys.

Comment by V the K — March 21, 2013 @ 5:45 pm - March 21, 2013

12. Correction: “leftists worry about whether black guys are betraying their race by dating white guys.”

Comment by V the K — March 21, 2013 @ 5:46 pm - March 21, 2013

13. Tuition at Brown – $55,000 and change.

Comment by KCRob — March 21, 2013 @ 6:24 pm - March 21, 2013

14. When I heard this, one thought occurred to me:

If you can change who people are attracted to, why stop at race? If people’s attractions are so malleable, why not teach them to be attracted to members of the opposite sex?

I would love to hear these clowns try to explain why teaching people to be attracted to those they are not attracted to is impossible and despicable, but teaching people to be attracted to those they’re not attracted to is a reachable and laudable goal. But mostly I’d love to see the looks on their faces.

I suppose the idea of treating people as individuals is a tad outmoded, isn’t it?

Comment by Obi-Wandreas — March 21, 2013 @ 7:44 pm - March 21, 2013

15. It reminds me of Michael Savage’s statement, “liberalism is a mental disorder.”

Comment by Paul — March 21, 2013 @ 8:31 pm - March 21, 2013

16. It also reminds me of suspending the free market in order to save the free market and a Nobel Peace Prize winner bombing a country or a net spending cut that doubles the defecit.

Comment by Paul — March 21, 2013 @ 8:37 pm - March 21, 2013

17. I would love to hear these clowns try to explain why teaching people to be attracted to those they are not attracted to is impossible and despicable, but teaching people to be attracted to those they’re not attracted to is a reachable and laudable goal.

I’m guessing that these people are influenced by post-modern philosophy. If I remember that correctly, moral and/or intellectual consistency is never their goal. Their concern is to rebel against “power”, which in practice is whatever THEY happen to recognize/construct as the “dominant” social paradigm. Rather than reach for any consistency or integrity, they would just dismiss you with a label, like “Oh you’re so hetero-normative”.

Since they want (here, and apparently) to rebel against their own feelings of sexual attraction for the attractive (of any race): Perhaps they could be a bunch of not-so-attractive people who wish that they could, and believe that they should, be attracted to each other? Hoping for less rejection in their lives?

Heh :-)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — March 21, 2013 @ 9:17 pm - March 21, 2013

18. Cutting off one’s penis because it’s a symbol of the dominant power structure? When will the next Queer Studies PhD write a book stating all male/male sex is rape?

I have news for you…I heard THAT trope over 30-years ago.

And only this week ran across a gay website that claimed that any consensual penetrative sex between gay males amounts to rape, humiliation and degradation….and that only kissing and frottage were “acceptable” manifestations of gay sexual love.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — March 21, 2013 @ 9:36 pm - March 21, 2013

19. Also very puzzling is the new Leftist anti-Semitism. Seems now, in “progressive” circles, it’s okay to blame the Jews for everything but smallpox and sunspots.

The Left can like a group one decade, and then the next…watch out. I wonder why anybody still trusts these people.

Comment by Lori Heine — March 21, 2013 @ 11:14 pm - March 21, 2013

20. Every single conservative I ever met in college was there to learn to utilize what they knew from their own experiences. And every liberal I met in school was there to learn what to think through somebody else. A group like this CAN is where they get their edumacation for fifty grand. Terrible.

Comment by Douglas — March 22, 2013 @ 12:14 am - March 22, 2013

21. http://news.yahoo.com/white-nationalists-share-spotlight-gop-cpac-080000144.html

Comment by rusty — March 22, 2013 @ 12:17 am - March 22, 2013

22. This one made me laugh. As did Bill Maher’s sudden run in with facts – apparently he only recently became acquainted with data that showed him that rich pay most of the income tax revenues in this country. Clearly, both facts and logic are unnecessary for left’s arguments.

Comment by Jane Austen — March 22, 2013 @ 12:24 am - March 22, 2013

23. Is that your only response to a story that highlights leftist racism, that the right has some too, Rusty? So which one is better to you, Rusty: a guy that calls somebody the n-word to his face, or the guy that treats them like one and calls himself their friend?

Comment by Douglas — March 22, 2013 @ 12:39 am - March 22, 2013

24. <a href="http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/21/transgender-high-schooler-sad-to-find-that-penis-hampers-admission-to-all-female-smith-college/ Very, very liberal all female college rejects tranny for not being woman enough I guess shoving transsexuals down people’s throats is only fun when it shocks the normals; not when it threatens one of their private enclaves of exclusivity.

Comment by V the K — March 22, 2013 @ 6:35 am - March 22, 2013

25. Very, very liberal all female college rejects tranny for not being woman enough I guess shoving transsexuals down people’s throats is only fun when it shocks the normals; not when it threatens one of their private enclaves of exclusivity.

Comment by V the K — March 22, 2013 @ 6:36 am - March 22, 2013

26. There is a real disconnect between liberal messages in this one.

On one hand liberals are all about the freedom to love and be attracted to whomever they are attracted (gay, bi whatever).

But on the other it is somehow bad for black gays to be attracted to white gays.

One one hand segregation is bad-especially in education (thinking more here between genders than race).

On the other segregation is good if it means keeping black gays from dating the white ones.

Liberals are just weird.

Comment by Just Me — March 22, 2013 @ 9:38 am - March 22, 2013

27. “Liberals are just weird.”

I will expand on that thought. Liberals are idiots. Liberals are freakin’ morons. What the f**k is wrong with these people?

Comment by Alan — March 22, 2013 @ 10:25 am - March 22, 2013

28. When I read this story, I had to wonder, as so many others here did, what would be next. I can imagine that it’s not very far from this seminar to seminars for minorities about how gay identity undermines the authenticity of minority experience, or weakens the status or power of minorities, or how it is all a decadent result of capitalism and so on and so forth. In other words, how long until these leftist minority groups embrace the views of their heroes like Castro and Che with respect to the issue of homosexuality? Under the guise of “minority power” and “minority identity” we could theoretically see radical minorities brought to campus to preach about the value “conversion therapy,” and so on. I suspect it is only a matter of time. After all, as most readers of this site recognize, leftists are always very good at projection, and their specious claims about the actions or beliefs of their political opponents are usually really true about the left itself.

Comment by Kurt — March 22, 2013 @ 11:55 am - March 22, 2013

29. Anyone else catch the irony seeing an advertisement for the Pocket Hose (“It fits in your pocket but grows to a full-size hose!”) on the same page as the Smith College story re. the rejected transsexual?

Comment by Ignatius — March 22, 2013 @ 12:14 pm - March 22, 2013

30. My very liberal gay white friends are horribly racist. They will vocally express disgust at the thought of dating a black or asian guy. This is quite common and acceptable amongst the white West Hollywood crowd in general. When you confront them, they quickly walk it back, claiming that “there’s nothing wrong with that” and it’s just their “personal preference”

Comment by Chris H — March 22, 2013 @ 1:21 pm - March 22, 2013

31. While daily I bemoan my shaky finances and uncertain future, I’m so thankful that I didn’t become an Academic—which was a serious option when I in college.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — March 22, 2013 @ 1:24 pm - March 22, 2013

32. …I didn’t become an Academic—which was a serious option when I in college.

It’s becoming one of the only options and that’s entirely by design.

Comment by Ignatius — March 22, 2013 @ 1:32 pm - March 22, 2013

33. Ted B.

By that academic´s logic, I´ve raped and been raped. Am I supposed to have guilt feelings for having enjoyed it?

Chris H.

My how times have changed. There was a time when interracial dating was acceptable in West Hollywood. Does the organization Black Men White Men Tegether (BMWMT) still exist? They used to have a table at the Christopher Street West fair at the Blue Whale?

Comment by Roberto — March 22, 2013 @ 2:56 pm - March 22, 2013

34. I´ve raped and been raped. Am I supposed to have guilt feelings for having enjoyed it?

If the guy you raped was white, no. If you were raped by a white guy, you need to be re-educated.

Comment by Ignatius — March 22, 2013 @ 4:35 pm - March 22, 2013

35. Do these people realize they’re freaks?

Comment by V the K — March 22, 2013 @ 9:33 pm - March 22, 2013

36. A working definition of insanity might be ‘living in a self-referential world’, and that certainly describes any discipline that has the word ‘studies’ in it.

I nominate Neil Young’s ‘Old Man’ as the anthem for the former hippies-turned-academics.

Comment by Blair Ivey — March 22, 2013 @ 11:41 pm - March 22, 2013

37. V the K: I only made it to 2 minutes and 45 seconds on that video. While that was a new scene and argument for me, I’ve spent far too much time around campus lefties in my life anyway, so that was more than long enough!

Comment by Kurt — March 23, 2013 @ 1:15 am - March 23, 2013

38. As I suspected. These are the young people who, given their personalities or ways of relating, would need a workshop on how to find each other attractive. ;-)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — March 23, 2013 @ 2:07 pm - March 23, 2013

39. [...] How are the mighty fallen! [...]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Misadventures in Multicultural Studies Indoctrination — March 23, 2013 @ 2:24 pm - March 23, 2013

40. Ironic: around 4:15, one of the lefty women invokes her right to be free of conversation that she doesn’t like; in other words, her natural right to freedom of association. For a few seconds, she almost sounds like a conservative!

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — March 23, 2013 @ 2:26 pm - March 23, 2013

41. Sorry; but, I take issue with their words “Students will be segregated by race for a portion of the event.”

Wrong; they are describing it all wrong. Since they also say: White students will be in one group, and persons of color in another” This is not just segregating students by race – it is intentionally segregating ONE race – those who are white.

If they were truly segregating by race they would have more than just two categories, “white” and “persons of color.”

For crying out loud! If they want to be raced-obsessed and pigeon-hole people they need to learn to do it right. They must include Quadroon or Octroon groupings as well!

/snarky off

Comment by Charles — March 23, 2013 @ 5:17 pm - March 23, 2013

42. This absurd workshop reminds me when I was doing my own research for my research papers–particularly Chaucer, Shakespeare, etc al–that I found stupid graduate papers that miss the mark completely about the subject matter! This is a real world example that’s particularly destructive; whereas, the research papers I found were bullshit. I had to go through so much bullshit to find the real material I was looking for in the library.

Comment by Sebastian Shaw — March 24, 2013 @ 9:46 am - March 24, 2013