Update on SC Senate Race

When the grassroots effort began which led to me strongly considering a challenge to Lindsey Graham for US Senate in 2014 — I promised that I would conduct my efforts in a transparent manner through social media.

I’ve been relatively quiet about my decision making process this week.

That was by design. After the enormous reception I received at CPAC, my team of advisors and I thought it best that we keep a lower profile this week.

This has allowed us to do the quiet due diligence that we need in order to make a final decision on whether to enter the race.

I promised that there would be a decision by mid-April, and there still will be.

I’d just ask everyone’s patience with me as I consult with my family, friends and members of the conservative grassroots that I respect dearly.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

-Bruce

1. Good luck whatever you decide. And yes, make sure Patriot Partner and the dogs are on board. This isn’t something you do without massive emotional support.

Comment by Leah — March 22, 2013 @ 11:54 am - March 22, 2013

2. God be with you!

Comment by David in New Orleans — March 22, 2013 @ 12:26 pm - March 22, 2013

3. I’m praying for you. Know that I am a voter in UR area and I want Graham gone. Will support you in anyway I can. God Bless you for being a Patriot!!

Comment by Paula Marshall — March 22, 2013 @ 1:08 pm - March 22, 2013

4. I have only been reading your blog a few weeks, but I want you to know that I think you are exactly the type of person that should be in politics. We need people who are principled a lot more than we need politicians. I would, however, completely understand if you decide it is not worth the hassle.

Comment by Joseph S — March 22, 2013 @ 1:49 pm - March 22, 2013

5. You’re going to run.

If you do, good luck. I wish I could vote for you.

Comment by BigGator5 — March 22, 2013 @ 4:03 pm - March 22, 2013

6. [...] Gay Patriot: Update on SC Senate Race: [...]

Pingback by Friday Free-For-All | Nice Deb — March 22, 2013 @ 5:42 pm - March 22, 2013

7. Good luck. You have my vote from the upstate.

Comment by Mike G. — March 22, 2013 @ 5:48 pm - March 22, 2013

8. Bruce, we’re all pulling for you. Run, baby, run!

Comment by Alan — March 22, 2013 @ 9:39 pm - March 22, 2013

9. Definitely willing to support you if you run!

Comment by Phil — March 22, 2013 @ 10:01 pm - March 22, 2013

10. Bruce,

Former Low Country resident dittos . . . wait, wrong show.

I would love to fly my ass down to Charleston to campaign for you, and I’ll bring all the St. Louis Tea Party power I can muster. Need a half-and-half and Tommy Condon’s (if it’s still there).

I’m all in.

Cordially,
    Bill Hennessy
    co-founder, St. Louis Tea Party Coalition.

Comment by Bill Hennessy — March 23, 2013 @ 12:26 am - March 23, 2013

11. Thx for the update Bruce. I understand the commitment involved and that you have to mull over it. It is great though to know there is the possibility of a principled conservative like yourself challenging one of the most obstructionist RINO Senators we have; especially in the absence of any indication that someone plans to primary Mitch McConnell.

And I won’t lie, while I’m supporting you for the content of your beliefs and your expression of them in the blog, it would be sweet poetic justice for the likes of Miss Lindsay to be defeated in the primary by an out and proud conservative (oh who happens to be gay).

Comment by PopArt — March 23, 2013 @ 9:38 am - March 23, 2013

12. Bruce – Do you have someone lined up to manage Gay Patriot? If you get into the race, things are going to start jumping around here. You’ll definitely need a blog manager, as you’ll have no time. I’m not volunteering… Too busy on my end.

Good luck on the new adventure, and try your best not to become a politician. If you do this and run, there will be times where you are going to have to compromise your principles to advance in the game…. It’s why they call it politics! Choose those decisions in those minefields wisely. :-).

Comment by Sonicfrog — March 23, 2013 @ 11:40 am - March 23, 2013