The Decision: No Senate Run

Posted by Bruce Carroll at 10:57 pm - March 27, 2013.
Filed under: 2014 Elections

If you don’t want to listen to the entire show (see post below), I’ll cut to the chase — I have decided not to run for United States Senate in 2014.

I mostly spoke about my life and background as well as the process of due diligence that I undertook to see what it would take to run a campaign.  The support I received from the conservative grassroots was nothing short of amazing.  I will never forget the organic excitement that my musing created.  God works in mysterious ways, folks.  I’ve seen it.

The bottom line is that my partner John and I made a mutual decision that we didn’t want our entire lives invaded in a way that we couldn’t control.  On the show tonight, I discuss the fact that a gay leftist activist harassed me at my place of private employment in 2005 shortly after this blog was born.  My job was in jeopardy for a while then and other people at my company of employment were threatened.

The magnitude of those type of attacks would only have increased exponentially had I chosen to move into a role seeking public office.  The Gay Left concerns me the most; I’ve witnessed good people’s lives and families destroyed over public policy differences. They are beyond the pale.

However, my team had planned to run a guerilla-style campaign that would have upset others as well — those who have made a career and money in politics in South Carolina.  I wanted to run as a “citizen-legislator” but the system is not made for that anymore.

Finally, the week after CPAC, I noticed this unmarked van casing our house for over two hours.  We tried to confront them, but they drove away. I have no idea who it was or what their intent was, but it got me thinking more seriously.

IMG_0486

When all is said and done, all I have in my life is my privacy, integrity, family and property.  I am just not strong enough of a person to put all that on the line for a high-risk gamble against a sitting United States Senator.

I hold out hope that someone else in my state is braver than I am.

-Bruce (@GayPatriot)

1. I’ve missed you, NDT 🙂

Comment by Bruce Carroll - @GayPatriot — March 28, 2013 @ 6:13 pm - March 28, 2013

2. Bruce, You wrote a piece where you explained how you prized your family life over a major career choice, and made allusions to how The Gay Left threatened your livelihood (accompanied by a picture of a white van). And, no one should have to go through that (if they haven’t brought it on themselves to begin with).

But, in politics, money and attention doesn’t get thrown towards that which is not a threat or does not propel a cause. If you could explain how you were a greater threat to The Gay Left BEFORE Lindsey Graham and whoever else would run for the Republican nomination, then maybe I could better understand why it is we disagree. Or, perhaps you could explain why there are openly gay Republicans in state and/or federal office in blue/purple states, and not red. Do you know why that might be? Don’t you think The Gay Left would be stronger in blue/purple states to defeat gay conservatives before they reached nomination, then red ones? Could you please address these points?

If you are willing to make a clear and substantive argument, then I’m willing to be open-minded and hear you out.

Comment by Vince Smetana — March 28, 2013 @ 6:28 pm - March 28, 2013

3. LOL.

And once again, we see the desperate attempt by bigots like Cinesnatch, who lied about what Bruce said, who continued to lie all day, and who support lies that Bruce is an incompetent and a tax cheat as some kind of substantive argument.

Again, the hilarity, Cinesnatch is demanding that Bruce defend his desire to not have his family stalked. Cinesnatch is demanding that Bruce counter the lies that Cinesnatch and his fellow liberals are spewing about Bruce being a tax cheat. Everything is Bruce’s fault and Bruce must be punished and attacked.

Giving liberals facts or substantive arguments is a waste of effort. “Progressives” and liberals like Cinesnatch, like Donny D, and others are blind, brainwashed cultists. They don’t have the mental or moral capacity to do anything other than blame Republicans, attack Republicans, and justify every single move their precious Obama Party makes.

Facts are wasted on them. Power is their only objective, and they don’t care what lies they have to tell, what reputations they have to destroy, and who they have to hurt or kill to get what they want. There is no action or demand that they cannot rationalize or justify, even insisting (as Cinesnatch did) that Bruce deserved to have his family threatened.

What can the conservative response be? If you run for office, pigs like Cinesnatch will justify staking out your house and stalking you and your family. They simply are insane, sociopathic bigots.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — March 28, 2013 @ 7:29 pm - March 28, 2013

4. “At some point, we have to start operating at the Muslim level and reacting to the smears and lies that liberals like Cinesnatch and Donny D make against conservatives in the same way that Muslims react to any perceived offense.”

Ooh… and you should come up with a cooler name for yourselves, that reflects your desire to (a) act like Muslims, (b) make sure everyone else follows your idea of morality, and (c) eradicate the evil secularists. Something like “Taliban” maybe? That’s kinda catchy! Even better… The American Taliban!

Then the United States can join that illustrious company of great nations that have rid themselves of all liberal influences whatsoever. Conservative paradises like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Singapore, and Somalia. Those places are sooooo great now that all the liberals are gone!

Comment by Mark — March 28, 2013 @ 8:16 pm - March 28, 2013

5. Lol.

The hilarity, Mark, is that screaming liberal bigots like yourself openly aided, supported, and defended the Taliban as “freedom fighters”.

Just like your Obama insists that Iran has a “legitimate government” that should be given nuclear weapons, even though the execute gays and are idolizing Hitler’s final solution, or like he and your Obama Party give hundreds of millions of dollars to the Palestinians to execute gays AND Jews.

Plus how he and the Obama Party shriek “the future does not belong to those who slander” Islam and its Prophet or burn a Koran, not to mention his and Hillary Clinton’s jailing those who do.

So basically, if the Taliban et al are so awful, why do you and your Obama Party endorse, support, protect, give huge sums of money to, and jail those who criticize, them?

The short answer: Because they riot and kill anyone who dares in any way offend or slander them.

That’s why we don’t see this directed at Islam. It’s a very clear statement: gays and the Obama Party mock, attack, and denigrate those who won’t kill them, and only respect and allow to practice their faith without slander those who will.

Think about that, Mark.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — March 28, 2013 @ 9:15 pm - March 28, 2013

6. I wonder if ILoveCapitalism is going to get all worked up about your use of tu quoque?

And I don’t see what you are so fussy about. I was agreeing with you! I was commending your efforts to get rid of liberal influences and make our country more like Saudi Arabia and Somalia, where all the liberals have been eradicated and everyone has a gun. Well, everyone except liberals. I say “Brava!” for your bold vision for the future of America. You were the one who described your “let’s ape the Muslims” policy… I just put a catchy name on it.

You crazy Talibans just can’t take a compliment!

Comment by Mark — March 28, 2013 @ 9:59 pm - March 28, 2013

7. No, Mark, he won’t.

Main reason: he knows your objection to it is not out of principle, but for the same motivation that your Taliban friends ran screaming to the Geneva Conventions book.

Meanwhile, no you weren’t; you were trying to shame by comparison, and I pointed out that not only do you endorse and support the Taliban, you and your Obama Party only respect and tolerate the people who will kill you if you don’t.

You exist in this country, Mark, because the people who you mock and berate don’t kill you, and in fact protect you from the people you support who do kill you.

So again Mark, why do you only respect the faith of those who would kill you?

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — March 28, 2013 @ 10:37 pm - March 28, 2013

8. You mean tie me to a fence like Matthew Shepard or set me on fire like Billy Jack Gaither or drag me to death behind a car like James Byrd? I don’t have much time to worry about the Muslims, because I have “those who would kill me” much, much closer to home.

I watch the evening news, and I have yet to see a gay American killed by a Muslim for being gay. But you American Talibans are running around shooting doctors, bombing Olympics, lynching gay teenagers, and labeling anyone you don’t like “a gay terrorist” and slapping their name and address on a wanted poster with a exhortation that “someone should do something” about them.

But if YOU think the Muslims are so terrible, why do you proudly declare your intention to ape them? You accuse me of shaming by comparison, but it was YOU who first exclaimed that you wanted to be more like them. It was YOUR comparison. Not mine.

Comment by Mark — March 28, 2013 @ 11:05 pm - March 28, 2013

9. Matthew Shepard was killed by Christians? Gee, I thought he was killed by a couple of meth-heads he picked up in a bar, motivated not by evangelically-inspired animus toward gay, but by, um, the desire to rob him of money for to buy more drugs.

Not even the Westboro Baptists advocate violence against Teh Gheys. The notion that American Christians are out for Taliban-like murders and brutality toward gays is something only stupid and ignorant leftists believe.

Comment by V the K — March 28, 2013 @ 11:15 pm - March 28, 2013

10. Unless, of course, there is some LINK Mark could provide where a Church Group has literally lynched a gay teenager. Otherwise, I am going to dismiss him as ignorant, hateful, leftist troll.

Comment by V the K — March 28, 2013 @ 11:17 pm - March 28, 2013

11. It should come as no surprise that I am going to dismiss Mark as sharp, intelligent, and adding much needed spice to the GP.

Comment by Vince Smetana — March 28, 2013 @ 11:23 pm - March 28, 2013

12. Gee Mark, no links?

Because I can show how gay liberal bigots like you are running around shooting people for their beliefs and raping and murdering gay teenagers.

Come on, Mark. Play the game. Or you want to squeal and bleat and cry about how you shouldn’t be judged by the actions of others and make a hypocrite out of yourself, too? That’s about the only option you’ve got, because we know darn well you and your fellow gay liberals were cheering the FRC shooter.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — March 29, 2013 @ 12:42 am - March 29, 2013

13. I wonder if ILoveCapitalism is going to get all worked up about your use of tu quoque?

When have I been worked up over anyone’s? Oh wait, I get it – As a leftie, you see no distinction between -remarking on- something (like, say, I did with tu quoque at comments #11 and #40), and -getting all worked up about- something. Everything to you is the Two Minutes’ Hate, and you find our modern world strange and confusing, even frightening, what with our answering and fax machines (do little demons type the messages?), the honking horns of our traffic that make you want to run off to the hills sometimes, and even our cellphones where strange voices speak to you from the little box.

V #59 – Correct. Speaking of Westboro, might be time to note again (just for fun) that Fred Phelps is, politically, closer to being a Democrat than anything. I just googled “Fred Phelps party”, and a giant DEMOCRAT ad banner came up. Fun times!

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — March 29, 2013 @ 12:46 am - March 29, 2013

14. @ Jeff, VtK,

I think it’s fear. Imagine when they’re proven wrong. Imagine when they have to face tht they really are the party of intollerance, hatred and bigotry. IT would shatter their worldview. They might have to face themselves and say ‘My Obama, what have we done?”

Anymore I find them worthy of a mixture of contempt and pity.

Comment by The_Livewire — March 29, 2013 @ 7:47 am - March 29, 2013

15. I wonder if ILoveCapitalism is going to get all worked up about your use of tu quoque?

It’s so cute when a child or a leftist picks up a new word but doesn’t know how to use it.

Livewire, it’s gotten so every night and every morning, I pray and ask God for the strength to deal with the stupidity of the world.

Comment by V the K — March 29, 2013 @ 8:10 am - March 29, 2013

16. Amen.

Comment by Bruce (GayPatriot) — March 29, 2013 @ 2:30 pm - March 29, 2013

17. […] from Cow Hampshire, one of our old buddies at Gay Patriot, Bruce Carroll, has decided to abruptly pull out of consideration for the […]

Pingback by Lindsey Graham Dodges A Big Gay Bullet | BirchIndigo — March 29, 2013 @ 6:30 pm - March 29, 2013

18. “The Gay Left concerns me the most; I’ve witnessed good people’s lives and families destroyed over public policy differences.”

Translation: Their tactics are effective.

Comment by crosspatch — March 29, 2013 @ 11:28 pm - March 29, 2013

19. I don’t have much time to worry about the Muslims, because I have “those who would kill me” much, much closer to home.

Oh noes! And it must be sooo terrifying (Serious, You Guys!!)

And with that, this clown proves the theory that the decibel of a lib’s screeching and braying is directly proportional to their degree of self-absorption and narcissism.

Comment by My Sharia Moor — March 30, 2013 @ 7:34 am - March 30, 2013

20. Yeah MSM. What’s with the paranoia? It’s 2013… there are some Muslim countries and other dictatorships out there which actually jail (or execute) gays-for-being-gay under the color of law… which is, blessedly, impossible for us.

These people live in a crazy-reversed, Spock-has-a-beard universe. I wonder if it might indeed be a kind of narcissism: a way of exaggerating their importance (imagining “those people over there want to kill me!!1!”), or of making their petty lives seem more meaningful, more dramatic.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — March 30, 2013 @ 6:23 pm - March 30, 2013

21. ILC, when I read those comments, they sound to me like. “So what if Muslims are murdering gays in other countries? Who cares what happens to foreigners? Especially brown ones. Ick.”

Comment by V the K — March 30, 2013 @ 10:28 pm - March 30, 2013