The Decision: No Senate Run

Posted by Bruce Carroll at 10:57 pm - March 27, 2013.
Filed under: 2014 Elections

If you don’t want to listen to the entire show (see post below), I’ll cut to the chase — I have decided not to run for United States Senate in 2014.

I mostly spoke about my life and background as well as the process of due diligence that I undertook to see what it would take to run a campaign.  The support I received from the conservative grassroots was nothing short of amazing.  I will never forget the organic excitement that my musing created.  God works in mysterious ways, folks.  I’ve seen it.

The bottom line is that my partner John and I made a mutual decision that we didn’t want our entire lives invaded in a way that we couldn’t control.  On the show tonight, I discuss the fact that a gay leftist activist harassed me at my place of private employment in 2005 shortly after this blog was born.  My job was in jeopardy for a while then and other people at my company of employment were threatened.

The magnitude of those type of attacks would only have increased exponentially had I chosen to move into a role seeking public office.  The Gay Left concerns me the most; I’ve witnessed good people’s lives and families destroyed over public policy differences. They are beyond the pale.

However, my team had planned to run a guerilla-style campaign that would have upset others as well — those who have made a career and money in politics in South Carolina.  I wanted to run as a “citizen-legislator” but the system is not made for that anymore.

Finally, the week after CPAC, I noticed this unmarked van casing our house for over two hours.  We tried to confront them, but they drove away. I have no idea who it was or what their intent was, but it got me thinking more seriously.

IMG_0486

When all is said and done, all I have in my life is my privacy, integrity, family and property.  I am just not strong enough of a person to put all that on the line for a high-risk gamble against a sitting United States Senator.

I hold out hope that someone else in my state is braver than I am.

-Bruce (@GayPatriot)

1. Bruce,

Sorry to hear of your decision, but I know how difficult such a decision is today. I was getting geared up to return to SC to help. Maybe I will, anyway.

All my best,
    Bill

Comment by Wiliam T Hennessy — March 27, 2013 @ 11:11 pm - March 27, 2013

2. Bruce, with all due respect, that white van was no more run by liberal money than conservative. If you don’t believe me, then I guess Karl Rove has always played fair and virtuously. Nice yard by the way.

Comment by Vince Smetana — March 27, 2013 @ 11:18 pm - March 27, 2013

3. Scary & sad. I agree that a ordinary citizen running for the Senate is just about impossible.

Comment by Misty — March 27, 2013 @ 11:29 pm - March 27, 2013

4. Please–don’t flatter yourself. People on the left treated your running prospects as a joke. You’d never make the vetting process. You’re a legend in your own mind.

Comment by Andy Barnes — March 27, 2013 @ 11:31 pm - March 27, 2013

5. Vince – you put words in my mouth.

The Gay Left’s past history of personal destruction guided my decision.

Comment by Bruce Carroll — March 28, 2013 @ 12:21 am - March 28, 2013

6. I’ve had a “passing fancy”, or two, about what I would do and the message if I were to run for office. I have no interest in the anal probe that comes with it. The shit liberals pull, that Vince shrugs off with weird moral equivalency, probably keeps a lot of good people from running. Just they way they want it, I would imagine.

Comment by TGC — March 28, 2013 @ 1:03 am - March 28, 2013

7. As I recall, that “gay leftist” (a.k.a. Mike Rogers of BlogActive) called your employer to complain because you had called him “a gay terrorist” on your blog, posted his real name and home address, and declared that “someone should do something” about him. You might be able to keep your privacy, family, and property, but your integrity was long-gone…

Comment by Mark — March 28, 2013 @ 1:07 am - March 28, 2013

8. You’ve got to be kidding me? Only liberals play dirty in politics? You’re delusional.

Comment by Vince Smetana — March 28, 2013 @ 1:09 am - March 28, 2013

9. The cabal doesn’t care for outsiders.

Comment by Paul — March 28, 2013 @ 1:14 am - March 28, 2013

10. “When all is said and done, all I have in my life is my privacy, integrity, family and property.”

You don’t have any integrity.

Comment by Mimi Juneau — March 28, 2013 @ 1:20 am - March 28, 2013

11. Lefties *love* tu quoque. They actually think it’s a valid point, the poor things.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — March 28, 2013 @ 1:30 am - March 28, 2013

12. Yes. How terrible of me to recount the omitted facts. Quoting people word-for-word is an awful way to engage in debate.

And it isn’t tu quoque, it is the Doctrine of Clean Hands. Even in the Court of Public Opinion there are rules.

Comment by Mark — March 28, 2013 @ 1:39 am - March 28, 2013

13. I don’t dispute the militant left being a thorn in Bruce’s ass, had he run. I just don’t buy the insinuation that the creepy white van was being driven by a liberal. If he wants to believe it, fine. My point is, if Bruce were to have made it as the Republican nominee, before he would have had to deal with the “beyond the pale” liberal tactics of his opponent, he would have first had to suffer through the dirty politics of his conservative opponent(s) to reach the Republican nomination. But, I guess I’m the delusional one for believing such a ludicrous idea.

Bruce cited a threatening situation he faced eight years ago. And, yet, as gay republicans have become a more pronounced part of the mainstream, the liberal animosity seems to have decreased in severity. Or else, the support liberal blogs are throwing Republicans for coming out for marriage equality makes no sense. If anything, gays want more gays in office, period, especially those who believe in marriage equality.

But, when a gay conservative decides not to run, it’s easier to say “liberals won’t want him/her in office” then “their own base won’t vote for them.” If so, then why are all major gay conservatives living in blue or purple states? Name one gay conservative who ran for and won state or federal office while out in a major red state? You can’t, because the party isn’t there. And to blame it on liberals sounds pretty baseless. Look at your own party and stop pointing fingers.

Comment by Vince Smetana — March 28, 2013 @ 1:54 am - March 28, 2013

14. Damn. I thought your post was about Ashley Judd. I would have supported you.

Comment by EBL — March 28, 2013 @ 2:51 am - March 28, 2013

15. As I recall, that “gay leftist” (a.k.a. Mike Rogers of BlogActive) called your employer to complain

Doesn’t even enter your pea brain as to why he had to call Bruce’s employer to complain. Is he that much of a whiney, little bitch that he has to set out to piss and moan to everyone else but Bruce? A real man would’ve A) Ignored it or B) contacted Bruce about it. Why his employer? Why his coworkers?

Comment by TGC — March 28, 2013 @ 4:01 am - March 28, 2013

16. You’ve got to be kidding me? Only liberals play dirty in politics? You’re delusional.

Tell me, how many Republicans have sued for ballots to be recounted manually until they won? How many Republicans have sued to have military votes thrown out? How many Republicans were part of ACORN? How many Republicans have been arrested for voter fraud over the last few years? How many Republicans paid people with crack cocaine to register voters? How many Republicans ran to Washington to lie about Florida election laws? How many Republicans vandalized democreep campaign offices? How many Republicans rushed into local campaign offices vandalized them and assaulted campaign workers? How many Republicans slashed the tires on vans rented to get people to the polls? How many Republicans lied about long lines at the polls when it was found they were only slightly longer than average? How many Republicans are so fucking stupid they can’t figure out Butterfly ballots like the rest of the state? How many Republicans keep a box of ballots handy in their trunk? How many Republicans stood outside polling places in militant garb and engaged in voter intimidation only to be pardoned by the DoJ? How many Republicans shot at campaign offices? How many Republicans assaulted a man in a wheelchair? How many Republicans are on video slapping people they disagree with at town hall meetings? How many Republicans shoved Seasoned Citizens into walls at town hall meetings? How many Republicans bit the finger off anybody? How many Republicans ran ads accusing liberals of letting their wives die of cancer based on ZERO truth?

Help me out with those answers, slobbering dipshit. It’s clear that you liberals will run ANY bullshit campaign you want because you can’t campaign on what you truly believe in. Nobody would vote for you if you did. What’s more, you never apologize and never accept responsibility when caught lying. You circle the wagons and insist that the facts don’t matter, it’s the seriousness of the charge.

You consider yourselves the paragons of virtue after lying your rotten ass off, engaging in race baiting, fear mongering, class warfare, identity politics etc. You wouldn’t DARE run on your record because you lack the testicular fortitude to do so. You know damn well the Vacationer in Chief is a disgraceful, miserable failure but you’ll still suck his cock because he has that magical “D” after his name. That criminal enterprise could destroy your life and your family, eradicate any evidence you ever existed and ship your happy ass off to a death camp and your sorry, pathetic, lemming ass would thank them as you were executed.

YOU are THAT pathetic.

Comment by TGC — March 28, 2013 @ 4:22 am - March 28, 2013

17. Whiney little bitch.

Comment by Hdtex — March 28, 2013 @ 5:44 am - March 28, 2013

18. [...] NO SENATE RUN AGAINST LINDSEY GRAHAM for Bruce Carroll of the Gay Patriot blog. [...]

Pingback by Instapundit » Blog Archive » NO SENATE RUN AGAINST LINDSEY GRAHAM for Bruce Carroll of the Gay Patriot blog…. — March 28, 2013 @ 6:35 am - March 28, 2013

19. I’m sorry to see you not running. I understand and respect your choice, though.

Comment by The_Livewire — March 28, 2013 @ 8:16 am - March 28, 2013

20. Aww…………..I was so looking forward to your deciding to run against Lindsey. I thought since you aren’t nearly the “hard core conservative” many of the rest of us here are you would probably have a good chance to grab the ring. You’re right not to run if you can’t afford to suffer the slings and arrows of the establishment candidate and the democrat mob as it would have been a microscope on all of your family members, friends and lovers with a goal to drown out your message by raising the volume on the sensational. Hopefully, someone else will step up to run against Lindsey that you can support.

Comment by Richard Bell — March 28, 2013 @ 8:16 am - March 28, 2013

21. [...] his blog post announcing the decision, Bruce describes the worst of the harassment;  but again as a longtime reader, I can tell you this [...]

Pingback by Bruce Carroll (aka GayPatriot) Will Not Challenge Lindsey Graham | Real Hot News on ZBlogging — March 28, 2013 @ 8:43 am - March 28, 2013

22. Well, FWIW, I didn’t take away that you thought the white van was being driven by a liberal or whoever. Though given it came after CPAC, it’s a little suspicious. Either way, WTF is wrong with people that they would do that?

Bruce, I’ll just add that although I sometimes disagree with some of your positions, I do have a great deal of respect for your integrity and your dedication. I think you would have made that an interesting race to watch, but I cannot blame you at all. I look forward to continuing to read you here on the blog.

Comment by Neptune — March 28, 2013 @ 8:54 am - March 28, 2013

23. [...] his blog post announcing the decision, Bruce describes the worst of the harassment;  but again as a longtime reader, I can tell you [...]

Pingback by Bruce Carroll (aka GayPatriot) Will Not Challenge Lindsey Graham | — March 28, 2013 @ 9:16 am - March 28, 2013

24. You dropped out because you knew every vile, hateful thing you’ve written about gay Americans on this blog would be exposed to anyone who comes into contact with your campaign–including voters.

You dropped out because your financial records would be exposed, and you’d have to answer a lot of uncomfortable questions.

You dropped out because your inability to raise funds to fiance a campaign would be laughable in their failure.

You dropped out because your failure to garner any significant number of votes would bode badly for GOProud, and make you look more foolish than usual.

You dropped out because you knew you are completely incapable of representing your constituents in the Senate. Dog Catcher is beyond your abilities, so much as legitimate government office.

Lastly, that “mysterious” white van? Probably selling speakers out the back.

Comment by Mr. Enemabag Jones — March 28, 2013 @ 9:33 am - March 28, 2013

25. The white van was probably there trying to figure out how they could blackmail you since you’re already out, unlike SC’s senior Senator. What a joke our system has become. We deserve what we get for letting thieves and deceptive perverts run everything. God Bless the USA! :)

Comment by Mr. Truth — March 28, 2013 @ 9:45 am - March 28, 2013

26. Bruce,

I am indeed saddened by your decision, but thoroughly respect your reasoning.

That said, let me just say that all men and women, regardless of either their intentions or achievements, are flawed, and conservatives should have evolved beyond the pursuit of the Immaculate Candidate years ago.

Of course, the MSM does a wonderful job of regulating That Which Is Unforgivable, and is ever so willing to adjust those standards as it sees fit during the course of any given campaign. This is, I’m quite certain, the reason why so many terrific, strong candidates decide against running. “Never argue with someone who buys ink by the barrel,” some cat so famously said long ago.

However, this really doesn’t seem to be working out so well, does it? I mean, for cryin out loud, the only real difference I see between most alcoholics and so-called “normal” people is that the alcoholic thinks he’s the worst person on the face of the earth, and is terrified everybody else is gonna find out. Most normies, on the other hand, already KNOW we’ve all done things we’re ashamed of, which is why we’ve never seriously cried out to give the death penalty to juvenile shoplifters.

I like to think I’m one of those people, or at least strive to be, and that the vast majority of voters out there are, as well. We’re really just waiting for a candidates who have the insight to grasp this, and the sand to be secure enough in themselves to say, when asked, “Apologize for what?”

We’d follow that leader. Hell, the night Jane Byrne was elected mayor of Chicago, I wanted to BE that leader. Unfortunately, I slight misunderstanding between me and a few campus police officers one night about 25 years ago legally derailed me from that ambition. :-(

But again, Bruce, I respect your reasons, and will continue to support your efforts here and elsewhere.

Comment by My Sharia Moor — March 28, 2013 @ 10:29 am - March 28, 2013

27. disappointing to hear this, but then again, totally understand why you decided not too.

Comment by JP Kalishek — March 28, 2013 @ 10:36 am - March 28, 2013

28. Too bad. You are missing out on a wonderful and rewarding experience whether you win or lose. I am glad I ran for US Senate here in Maine and don’t regret a thing. Even former harsh critics have come round as a result.

Comment by Andrew Ian Dodge — March 28, 2013 @ 10:44 am - March 28, 2013

29. [...] The Decision has been made in SC vs Lindsay Graham: The Decision: No Senate Run [...]

Pingback by ConMom — March 28, 2013 @ 11:33 am - March 28, 2013

30. If the venomous comments on this post are anything to go by, I can fully understand why you made the decision. Funny how they keep right on proving your point for you, yet seem gobsmackingly unaware that they are doing so.

Comment by FormerDeminTX — March 28, 2013 @ 11:37 am - March 28, 2013

31. Some of these comments definitely point out a deep-seated sociopathy against anyone who dares challenge the status quo.

I’m proud that you considered running, Bruce, and I understand the reasons for not running personally outweighed the reasons to run, at least for now.

Now at least you don’t have to be so mum on your GayPat twitter or blog, and we get to have our patriot back. :)

Comment by Bristel — March 28, 2013 @ 12:08 pm - March 28, 2013

32. I just wanted to thank all the leftists who showed up to comment on this post, giving real-life evidence of exactly the nastiness to which Bruce was referring.

Comment by Hired Mind — March 28, 2013 @ 12:13 pm - March 28, 2013

33. I am sorry you are not running! Grahamnesty needs to be booted out. I have broken fingernails writing notes of disgust to him. I do, however, understand the decision to spare yourself the deluge of left and left media (redundancy) attacks!

Comment by Anna — March 28, 2013 @ 12:13 pm - March 28, 2013

34. [...] his blog post announcing the decision, Bruce describes the worst of the harassment; but again as a longtime reader, I can tell you this [...]

Pingback by Bruce Carroll (aka GayPatriot) Will Not Challenge Lindsey Graham | Tony Johnson — March 28, 2013 @ 12:20 pm - March 28, 2013

35. RE: Hired Mind.

Comment by Vince Smetana — March 28, 2013 @ 12:21 pm - March 28, 2013

36. It would have been an interesting ride. But, I understand your choice. I wouldn’t want my life trashed because I was trying to do the right and patriotic service. It is unfortunate that our elections have come to that. We are , I think , loosing a lot of good candidates for the very same reasons you talk about.

Comment by Linda Strickland — March 28, 2013 @ 12:25 pm - March 28, 2013

37. Lefties *love* tu quoque. They actually think it’s a valid point, the poor things.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — March 28, 2013 @ 1:30 am – March 28, 2013

Actually, it’s more of a twist on the Alinsky Rule 4 of using your opponents’ own rules against them.

Tu quoque only works if you are a) willing to consider perspectives other than your own and b) willing to change your own behavior to accomodate others.

Hence, it is a huge conservative weakness — because conservatives will do both, and liberals will do neither.

The secret is knowing that fact — liberals do neither.

Everything a liberal says and does is oriented toward one thing — helping them and hurting you. Liberals are power addicts, people who will say and do anything, regardless of how destructive it is to other people, to get their own way.

This is why liberals so loathe religious belief — it is completely antithetical to their core values of self-indulgence and self-gratification, and even worse, it shames their behavior.

Once you get all of these things, liberals become much easier to understand, manipulate, and eliminate. They cannot hurt you because you know in every case they are acting with malice and with no regard for the truth. Even if they state something truthful, it’s done with the intention to hurt you and advance their own power.

In short, they are sociopaths. Look at the screaming bigot Obama, the liar who screamed and cried and pissed himself that Romney was a murderer, that Romney was a tax cheat, that Romney abused animals, that Romney was going to ban tampons and put gays in concentration camps, that everything was Romney’s fault, ad nauseum.

It is all a lie. And anyone who believes or agrees with a liberal like Obama is following a liar.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — March 28, 2013 @ 12:33 pm - March 28, 2013

38. I just want to thank all of the conservatives on this thread who showed up to demonstrate that they possess minimal reading comprehension skills.

Ah…this one’s progtard-fu is strong

Comment by My Sharia Moor — March 28, 2013 @ 12:49 pm - March 28, 2013

39. Bruce, I think you made the right decision. As I’ve learned since the last election, your personal life matter much more than politics.

Comment by Leah — March 28, 2013 @ 12:49 pm - March 28, 2013

40. it’s more of a twist on the Alinsky Rule 4 of using your opponents’ own rules against them.

I see your point. I must say, I do have liberal friends who will consider my perspective (as I do theirs), change behavior to accommodate others (as I do), and so forth. I call them, “closet conservatives” ;-) But seriously, we know there are good people and jerks, in all walks of life. I could agree that a greater percentage of jerks are attracted to leftism, since much of leftism is explicitly about overturning/ending normal moral behavior and rules.

Getting back to tu quoque / Alinsky Rule 4: What I love about lefties’ use of it is that it still makes them wrong, even if they’re right. By saying “Well your side does it!!!!11!”, even if they are right about it (and that is far from certain), they quietly concede the argument that lefties do it, and are bad. The fact that they don’t know or care that they just conceded it, is yet worse for them.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — March 28, 2013 @ 1:26 pm - March 28, 2013

41. [...] his blog post announcing the decision, Bruce describes the worst of the harassment;  but again as a longtime reader, I can tell you [...]

Pingback by Bruce Carroll (aka GayPatriot) Will Not Challenge Lindsey Graham » PolitiTalk — March 28, 2013 @ 1:27 pm - March 28, 2013

42. all I have in my life is my privacy, . . .
    Bruce, even that is diminishing everyday that Obama remains in office.
    Sorry you took the decision not to run. I hope that another viable conservative steps up to fill the void. Senator Graham has been a big disappointment. I still bristle when I remember his words at the confirmation hearing for, now Justice, Sonia Sotomayor, when he pledged his vote to her for her lie that if Manuel Estrada were nominated she would support his confirmation to SCOTUS.

Comment by Roberto — March 28, 2013 @ 1:49 pm - March 28, 2013

43. I willl admit, I wanted to see (hear) Bruce on Glenn Beck.

Comment by The_Livewire — March 28, 2013 @ 2:01 pm - March 28, 2013

44. The creepy, mostly windowless van acting suspiciously in front of one’s home isn’t a tactic of “the mob”. It’s the kind of thing done by unscrupulous people with money.

If Bruce was running for a safely Republican seat, as one might expect for statewide office in South Carolina, “the left” aren’t the first people to look for when you see these kinds of shenanigans.

Comment by Donny D. — March 28, 2013 @ 2:47 pm - March 28, 2013

45. Donny D, How dare you use reason to make your argument?

Comment by Vince Smetana — March 28, 2013 @ 3:02 pm - March 28, 2013

46. If you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Try running for something less grandiose, but definitely above the council seat you had in PA. How you felt that office and being in GOProud and blogging on this site qualified you to serve as a U.S. Senator is beyond my ken.

Comment by Mike Roberts — March 28, 2013 @ 4:27 pm - March 28, 2013

47. Vince & those others-

Let’s try to get this through your thick skulls.

I have no idea what the van was all about. To me it was just another sign to me of what my life might be like forever more.

Vince immediately tried to project his vision of the van onto my words. Reading Comprehension 101, folks!

And the fact is, the ONLY people and groups that reacted negatively through my decision-making process were ON THE LEFT.

I received NOTHING but encouragement from the SC and national conservative grassroots.

So please take your pre-conceived biases and check them at the door.

PS – I am not a wealthy liberal, therefore my taxes are pristine.

Comment by Bruce (GayPatriot) — March 28, 2013 @ 4:44 pm - March 28, 2013

48. As we have already observed from the Vacationer-in-Chief, there ARE no qualifications needed for high office in the federal government.

Comment by TSUGambler — March 28, 2013 @ 4:53 pm - March 28, 2013

49. The creepy, mostly windowless van acting suspiciously in front of one’s home isn’t a tactic of “the mob”. It’s the kind of thing done by unscrupulous people with money.

Comment by Donny D. — March 28, 2013 @ 2:47 pm – March 28, 2013

Ayup.

The memo was forwarded by Stephanie Bass, then Bluprint’s communications director, to the group’s nonprofit allies. The Observer obtained a copy.
    Describing the control Republicans hold on North Carolina state government, it gave progressives a list of recommendations. Among them:
    • “Crippling their leaders (McCrory, Tillis, Berger etc.).”
    • “Eviscerate the leadership and weaken their ability to govern.”
    • “Pressure McCrory at every public event.”
    • “Slam him when he contradicts his promises.”
    • “Private investigators and investigative reporting, especially in the executive branch…”
    Those were among the talking points and action steps in a memo forwarded by Blueprint North Carolina, a partnership of advocacy and policy groups based in Raleigh.
    The memo was emailed to groups last week with a warning: “It is CONFIDENTIAL to Blueprint, so please be careful – share with your boards and appropriate staff but not the whole world.”
    Bass referred questions to the group’s executive director, Sean Kosofsky.
    “If you want to impact the effectiveness of a lawmaker … one way to do that is to find out where they’re weak and use that to your advantage,” he said.
    Among other things, the talking points memo said that “McCrory is extremely thin-skinned.” It also mentioned House Speaker Thom Tillis of Cornelius and Senate President Pro Tem Phil Berger of Eden.
    It recommends a “staff of video trackers that follow targets’ every move (McCrory/Tillis) and also capture as much video of committee hearings as possible looking for opportunities to feed our overarching narrative (McCrory and the Legislature are out of control…)”

But again, we are wasting effort. “Progressives” and liberals like Cinesnatch, like Donny D, and others are blind, brainwashed cultists. They don’t have the mental or moral capacity to do anything other than blame Republicans, attack Republicans, and justify every single move their precious Obama Party makes.

This is what conservatives need to realize. At some point, we have to start operating at the Muslim level and reacting to the smears and lies that liberals like Cinesnatch and Donny D make against conservatives in the same way that Muslims react to any perceived offense.

Because that is the only way to penetrate liberals’ brains. They are not decent or rational people, and they will not understand decent or rational argument. They only understand threats, lies, violence, and fear.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — March 28, 2013 @ 5:25 pm - March 28, 2013

50. PS – I am not a wealthy liberal, therefore my taxes are pristine.

Comment by Bruce (GayPatriot) — March 28, 2013 @ 4:44 pm – March 28, 2013

And what’s hilarious, Bruce; we should remember that the liberals like Donny D, Enemabag Jones, and Cinesnatch who accused you of being a tax cheat endorsed and supported Charles Rangel, Claire McCaskill, and Barack Obama.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — March 28, 2013 @ 6:09 pm - March 28, 2013

51. I’ve missed you, NDT :)

Comment by Bruce Carroll - @GayPatriot — March 28, 2013 @ 6:13 pm - March 28, 2013

52. Bruce, You wrote a piece where you explained how you prized your family life over a major career choice, and made allusions to how The Gay Left threatened your livelihood (accompanied by a picture of a white van). And, no one should have to go through that (if they haven’t brought it on themselves to begin with).

But, in politics, money and attention doesn’t get thrown towards that which is not a threat or does not propel a cause. If you could explain how you were a greater threat to The Gay Left BEFORE Lindsey Graham and whoever else would run for the Republican nomination, then maybe I could better understand why it is we disagree. Or, perhaps you could explain why there are openly gay Republicans in state and/or federal office in blue/purple states, and not red. Do you know why that might be? Don’t you think The Gay Left would be stronger in blue/purple states to defeat gay conservatives before they reached nomination, then red ones? Could you please address these points?

If you are willing to make a clear and substantive argument, then I’m willing to be open-minded and hear you out.

Comment by Vince Smetana — March 28, 2013 @ 6:28 pm - March 28, 2013

53. LOL.

And once again, we see the desperate attempt by bigots like Cinesnatch, who lied about what Bruce said, who continued to lie all day, and who support lies that Bruce is an incompetent and a tax cheat as some kind of substantive argument.

Again, the hilarity, Cinesnatch is demanding that Bruce defend his desire to not have his family stalked. Cinesnatch is demanding that Bruce counter the lies that Cinesnatch and his fellow liberals are spewing about Bruce being a tax cheat. Everything is Bruce’s fault and Bruce must be punished and attacked.

Giving liberals facts or substantive arguments is a waste of effort. “Progressives” and liberals like Cinesnatch, like Donny D, and others are blind, brainwashed cultists. They don’t have the mental or moral capacity to do anything other than blame Republicans, attack Republicans, and justify every single move their precious Obama Party makes.

Facts are wasted on them. Power is their only objective, and they don’t care what lies they have to tell, what reputations they have to destroy, and who they have to hurt or kill to get what they want. There is no action or demand that they cannot rationalize or justify, even insisting (as Cinesnatch did) that Bruce deserved to have his family threatened.

What can the conservative response be? If you run for office, pigs like Cinesnatch will justify staking out your house and stalking you and your family. They simply are insane, sociopathic bigots.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — March 28, 2013 @ 7:29 pm - March 28, 2013

54. “At some point, we have to start operating at the Muslim level and reacting to the smears and lies that liberals like Cinesnatch and Donny D make against conservatives in the same way that Muslims react to any perceived offense.”

Ooh… and you should come up with a cooler name for yourselves, that reflects your desire to (a) act like Muslims, (b) make sure everyone else follows your idea of morality, and (c) eradicate the evil secularists. Something like “Taliban” maybe? That’s kinda catchy! Even better… The American Taliban!

Then the United States can join that illustrious company of great nations that have rid themselves of all liberal influences whatsoever. Conservative paradises like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Singapore, and Somalia. Those places are sooooo great now that all the liberals are gone!

Comment by Mark — March 28, 2013 @ 8:16 pm - March 28, 2013

55. Lol.

The hilarity, Mark, is that screaming liberal bigots like yourself openly aided, supported, and defended the Taliban as “freedom fighters”.

Just like your Obama insists that Iran has a “legitimate government” that should be given nuclear weapons, even though the execute gays and are idolizing Hitler’s final solution, or like he and your Obama Party give hundreds of millions of dollars to the Palestinians to execute gays AND Jews.

Plus how he and the Obama Party shriek “the future does not belong to those who slander” Islam and its Prophet or burn a Koran, not to mention his and Hillary Clinton’s jailing those who do.

So basically, if the Taliban et al are so awful, why do you and your Obama Party endorse, support, protect, give huge sums of money to, and jail those who criticize, them?

The short answer: Because they riot and kill anyone who dares in any way offend or slander them.

That’s why we don’t see this directed at Islam. It’s a very clear statement: gays and the Obama Party mock, attack, and denigrate those who won’t kill them, and only respect and allow to practice their faith without slander those who will.

Think about that, Mark.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — March 28, 2013 @ 9:15 pm - March 28, 2013

56. I wonder if ILoveCapitalism is going to get all worked up about your use of tu quoque?

And I don’t see what you are so fussy about. I was agreeing with you! I was commending your efforts to get rid of liberal influences and make our country more like Saudi Arabia and Somalia, where all the liberals have been eradicated and everyone has a gun. Well, everyone except liberals. I say “Brava!” for your bold vision for the future of America. You were the one who described your “let’s ape the Muslims” policy… I just put a catchy name on it.

You crazy Talibans just can’t take a compliment!

Comment by Mark — March 28, 2013 @ 9:59 pm - March 28, 2013

57. No, Mark, he won’t.

Main reason: he knows your objection to it is not out of principle, but for the same motivation that your Taliban friends ran screaming to the Geneva Conventions book.

Meanwhile, no you weren’t; you were trying to shame by comparison, and I pointed out that not only do you endorse and support the Taliban, you and your Obama Party only respect and tolerate the people who will kill you if you don’t.

You exist in this country, Mark, because the people who you mock and berate don’t kill you, and in fact protect you from the people you support who do kill you.

So again Mark, why do you only respect the faith of those who would kill you?

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — March 28, 2013 @ 10:37 pm - March 28, 2013

58. You mean tie me to a fence like Matthew Shepard or set me on fire like Billy Jack Gaither or drag me to death behind a car like James Byrd? I don’t have much time to worry about the Muslims, because I have “those who would kill me” much, much closer to home.

I watch the evening news, and I have yet to see a gay American killed by a Muslim for being gay. But you American Talibans are running around shooting doctors, bombing Olympics, lynching gay teenagers, and labeling anyone you don’t like “a gay terrorist” and slapping their name and address on a wanted poster with a exhortation that “someone should do something” about them.

But if YOU think the Muslims are so terrible, why do you proudly declare your intention to ape them? You accuse me of shaming by comparison, but it was YOU who first exclaimed that you wanted to be more like them. It was YOUR comparison. Not mine.

Comment by Mark — March 28, 2013 @ 11:05 pm - March 28, 2013

59. Matthew Shepard was killed by Christians? Gee, I thought he was killed by a couple of meth-heads he picked up in a bar, motivated not by evangelically-inspired animus toward gay, but by, um, the desire to rob him of money for to buy more drugs.

Not even the Westboro Baptists advocate violence against Teh Gheys. The notion that American Christians are out for Taliban-like murders and brutality toward gays is something only stupid and ignorant leftists believe.

Comment by V the K — March 28, 2013 @ 11:15 pm - March 28, 2013

60. Unless, of course, there is some LINK Mark could provide where a Church Group has literally lynched a gay teenager. Otherwise, I am going to dismiss him as ignorant, hateful, leftist troll.

Comment by V the K — March 28, 2013 @ 11:17 pm - March 28, 2013

61. It should come as no surprise that I am going to dismiss Mark as sharp, intelligent, and adding much needed spice to the GP.

Comment by Vince Smetana — March 28, 2013 @ 11:23 pm - March 28, 2013

62. Gee Mark, no links?

Because I can show how gay liberal bigots like you are running around shooting people for their beliefs and raping and murdering gay teenagers.

Come on, Mark. Play the game. Or you want to squeal and bleat and cry about how you shouldn’t be judged by the actions of others and make a hypocrite out of yourself, too? That’s about the only option you’ve got, because we know darn well you and your fellow gay liberals were cheering the FRC shooter.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — March 29, 2013 @ 12:42 am - March 29, 2013

63. I wonder if ILoveCapitalism is going to get all worked up about your use of tu quoque?

When have I been worked up over anyone’s? Oh wait, I get it – As a leftie, you see no distinction between -remarking on- something (like, say, I did with tu quoque at comments #11 and #40), and -getting all worked up about- something. Everything to you is the Two Minutes’ Hate, and you find our modern world strange and confusing, even frightening, what with our answering and fax machines (do little demons type the messages?), the honking horns of our traffic that make you want to run off to the hills sometimes, and even our cellphones where strange voices speak to you from the little box.

V #59 – Correct. Speaking of Westboro, might be time to note again (just for fun) that Fred Phelps is, politically, closer to being a Democrat than anything. I just googled “Fred Phelps party”, and a giant DEMOCRAT ad banner came up. Fun times!

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — March 29, 2013 @ 12:46 am - March 29, 2013

64. @ Jeff, VtK,

I think it’s fear. Imagine when they’re proven wrong. Imagine when they have to face tht they really are the party of intollerance, hatred and bigotry. IT would shatter their worldview. They might have to face themselves and say ‘My Obama, what have we done?”

Anymore I find them worthy of a mixture of contempt and pity.

Comment by The_Livewire — March 29, 2013 @ 7:47 am - March 29, 2013

65. I wonder if ILoveCapitalism is going to get all worked up about your use of tu quoque?

It’s so cute when a child or a leftist picks up a new word but doesn’t know how to use it.

Livewire, it’s gotten so every night and every morning, I pray and ask God for the strength to deal with the stupidity of the world.

Comment by V the K — March 29, 2013 @ 8:10 am - March 29, 2013

66. Amen.

Comment by Bruce (GayPatriot) — March 29, 2013 @ 2:30 pm - March 29, 2013

67. [...] from Cow Hampshire, one of our old buddies at Gay Patriot, Bruce Carroll, has decided to abruptly pull out of consideration for the [...]

Pingback by Lindsey Graham Dodges A Big Gay Bullet | BirchIndigo — March 29, 2013 @ 6:30 pm - March 29, 2013

68. “The Gay Left concerns me the most; I’ve witnessed good people’s lives and families destroyed over public policy differences.”

Translation: Their tactics are effective.

Comment by crosspatch — March 29, 2013 @ 11:28 pm - March 29, 2013

69. I don’t have much time to worry about the Muslims, because I have “those who would kill me” much, much closer to home.

Oh noes! And it must be sooo terrifying (Serious, You Guys!!)

And with that, this clown proves the theory that the decibel of a lib’s screeching and braying is directly proportional to their degree of self-absorption and narcissism.

Comment by My Sharia Moor — March 30, 2013 @ 7:34 am - March 30, 2013

70. Yeah MSM. What’s with the paranoia? It’s 2013… there are some Muslim countries and other dictatorships out there which actually jail (or execute) gays-for-being-gay under the color of law… which is, blessedly, impossible for us.

These people live in a crazy-reversed, Spock-has-a-beard universe. I wonder if it might indeed be a kind of narcissism: a way of exaggerating their importance (imagining “those people over there want to kill me!!1!”), or of making their petty lives seem more meaningful, more dramatic.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — March 30, 2013 @ 6:23 pm - March 30, 2013

71. ILC, when I read those comments, they sound to me like. “So what if Muslims are murdering gays in other countries? Who cares what happens to foreigners? Especially brown ones. Ick.”

Comment by V the K — March 30, 2013 @ 10:28 pm - March 30, 2013