Basketball player comes out; “I could care less”

Posted by B. Daniel Blatt at 10:08 pm - April 30, 2013.
Filed under: Media Bias,Sports

Until this week, I had never heard of Jason Collins, and assume the 34-year-old center must be a good basketball player, given that he been playing professionally for “12 seasons“, including once “in a Final Four for Stanford and” twice in the “NBA Finals.”

As usual when someone in the public eye out, you can expect overblown rhetoric for the various gay advocacy outfits with Aaron McQuade, the head of GLAAD’s sports program, saying that Collins had put “courage” and “inspiration” into “a brand new context.”

Give me a break.  This is not 1973.  Or even 1993.  Ellen’s coming out may have been big in the 1997, but now men and women, in most fields of endeavor, take it for granted that one of their colleagues is (or might be) gay.

Talking about Collins’s call a few days ago “to share the news with” him, Boston Celtics player and (the Collins’s former) coach said:

When he called me to tell me, you could tell he wanted to tell me. I told him before he said it, ‘Jason I could care less about what you’re about to tell me.’ And that’s how I feel. I honestly feel that way.

It’s a non-factor to me, and I know it is a factor to a lot of people. I’ve never understood why anyone cares what someone else does. And I told Jason that it will be a non-issue eventually, but it will not be right now.

Leave it to an athlete to say it better than a professional gay advocate.  It’s not an non-issue now because Collins is the first professional athlete to come up while still playing.  But, it should be one.  The coach is right to note that no one should really care about an athlete’s sexuality.  It’s as irrelevant to his performance as his hair color.

No wonder Bruce Bawer urges Collins to “say no” to the gay outfits who want to make him their “spokesrobot.”*  Don’t let him fall into spouting the same kind of bromides as Mr. McQuade offered.

An athlete’s sexuality should be a non-factor; his performance, in this case, on the court, is all that should matter.

Shouldn’t our media be devoting more time to Kermit Gosnell’s trial in Philadelphia, the failure of the administration to come clean on Benghazi or Obama’s perpetual peevishness in his press conferences?

——–

*His actual Facebook post which I quote with permission:

(1) Celebrity comes out. (2) Celebrity, clueless and malleable, is quickly transformed into a spokesrobot for HRC and GLAAD. Please, Jason, just say no.

FROM THE COMMENTS: Jman1961, like yours truly wishes Collins “the best in his future endeavors, but [he] couldn’t care less about his sexual preferences, and it’s a sorry state of affairs that there are so many people in this country that do.” Well said. Well said, indeed.

ALSO FROM THE COMMENTSVS say I “might like to know that an arm of the MSM, CNN, today, were doing an investigative piece on a Gosnell-like doctor. Thought you’d might like to know seeing how you brought him up in post about Collins in the context of the media.”  Nice to hear that they’re doing this now, but do wonder why they gave so much attention to one stupid thing Todd Akin said and so little to how much bad “Gosnell-like” doctors have done.  They had to be prodded to cover this.

1. Just got through reading the article, Bruce.

I agree with the commenters at Ricochet who pointed out how, as a culture, we elevate the trivial (and thereby denigrate the meaningful), along with the way we throw around the words ‘hero’ and ‘courageous’, as often as not for people completely undeserving of them.

I followed the link to MarkBingham.com, and like another of the commenters on your piece, I’m ashamed of myself for not remembering the name of this truly courageous man, and the bravery he evidenced on that flight on September 11, 2001.
    God bless him, and may he rest in peace.

Thank you, Bruce.

Comment by Jman1961 — April 30, 2013 @ 10:18 pm - April 30, 2013

2. Baskteball player comes out; “I could care less”

I couldn’t. Too bad so many disagree but that’s the world in which we live.

Comment by Ignatius — April 30, 2013 @ 10:20 pm - April 30, 2013

3. Well, I posted my comment above in the wrong place, but the words still stand.

As for Mr. Collins: I wish him the best in his future endeavors, but I couldn’t care less about his sexual preferences, and it’s a sorry state of affairs that there are so many people in this country that do.

Comment by Jman1961 — April 30, 2013 @ 10:26 pm - April 30, 2013

4. Now, Iggy is a bigot towards straight people. I bet he calls them “breeders” all the time.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — April 30, 2013 @ 11:14 pm - April 30, 2013

5. Ellen’s coming out may have been big in the 1997

The operative phrase being “may have been.”

That being said, if it “may have been big in the 1997″ to those who watched her show and/or followed the entertainment world, but not sports, “might it be big” to someone who doesn’t give two licks about pop culture or watch network TV, but are a die-hard basketball fans?

Also, you “could care less,” but would you if Collins wasn’t being “transformed into a spokesrobot for HRC and GLAAD”?

Dan, you might like to know that an arm of the MSM, CNN, today, were doing an investigative piece on a Gosnell-like doctor. Thought you’d might like to know seeing how you brought him up in post about Collins in the context of the media.

Comment by VS — April 30, 2013 @ 11:16 pm - April 30, 2013

6. I suppose the media frenzy years back surrounding Kobe Byant allegedly raping a woman he had an affair with and admitting that he had been cheating on his wife for years was a more important story? Or how about Magic Johnson announcing he was HIV positive and that he had slept with hundreds of women while married? That story went on for weeks. Or Wilt Chamberlin’s book getting all the media attention because he slept with “10,000 women”.

Point is: In light of all that, this is much more significant and especially because just a few months ago two other NBA players said there would never be a gay player in the NBA and he would never be accepted. Jason Collins is a role model and gives visibility to our community and breaks stereotypes. Not all gay men are hairdressers.

Anyway, I will let you get back to your media coverage Kim Kardashian’s butt implants.

Comment by omg — April 30, 2013 @ 11:28 pm - April 30, 2013

7. I agree with the short piece that Philip Klein wrote in the Washington Examiner, acknowledging that ideally, it shouldn’t be noteworthy, but given the unprecedented nature of it, it kind of is real news. The fact that no one in one of the major pro sports had come out as an active player I think indicates that maybe coming out there is still a big deal. I doubt it will be soon, but at the moment, it still is. Jason Collins may be fairly mediocre for an NBA player, but I think he deserves credit—not for being gay but for breaking what seems to be a sort of barrier.

What does bother me though is how Pres. Obama always hides behind pop culture news. Culture matters, but Americans can handle the responsibility of handling culture themselves. So Pres. Obama wanted to congratulate Jason Collins—great! But it’s still all about changing the subject from all the things Pres. Obama would rather not talk about.

Comment by Chad — April 30, 2013 @ 11:50 pm - April 30, 2013

8. April, Wilt Chamberlain bragged he’d slept with 20,000 women. But of course, he wasn’t flaunting his sexuality or anything like that. Straight people never do that, even though a lot of them act like they’ve got their brains in their shorts 24/7.

I understand your frustration. Especially since some of us think of our orientation not in terms of screwing around, but in terms of building a life with somebody we love. It says more about people who accuse us of “flaunting our sexuality” than it does about us.

Whatever happened to individual moral agency? I thought conservatives believed in that. I suppose they only think it applies to straight people.

As for rooting for the Lakers, I suppose life is easier for their fans. The league makes sure they get into the finals every few years, whether they deserve to be there or not. Which, again, has as much to do with why some of us no longer follow the NBA as any other reason.

Comment by Lori Heine — May 1, 2013 @ 1:05 am - May 1, 2013

9. Isn’t the correct phrasing, “I couldn’t care less”???

Comment by Tim in MT — May 1, 2013 @ 1:59 am - May 1, 2013

10. We have for some time now been driven by what “celebrities” do, say, buy etc. I forget who said it but the quote goes something like this: “How hard can acting be when a child (Shirley Temple) can do it”
    Your “who cares” is right on target.

Comment by Mike — May 1, 2013 @ 5:12 am - May 1, 2013

11. Excellent point from Guy Benson at Townhall.com:

In recent weeks, the president has said he doesn’t have enough information to comment on the Gosnell trial. Today, he told Fox News’ Ed Henry that he wasn’t aware of the latest Benghazi developments. He also noted that his administration needs to “investigate” further on chemical weapons in Syria and US intelligence failures leading up to the Boston bombings. But, interestingly, he was deeply informed about NBA center Jason Collins, who just came out as gay. Obama was so eager to discuss the subject that he actually returned to the podium after wrapping up the press conference. He just couldn’t resist addressing this pressing national matter. I understand that the the first active “big four” sport athlete to come out is a newsworthy story. Why we need to hear from the president about it is less understandable. That Obama was more prepared to talk about this situation than Benghazi or Gosnell is a reflection of his priorities.

No sh*t, right?

Comment by My Sharia Moor — May 1, 2013 @ 5:46 am - May 1, 2013

12. I think there is something important about him coming out and that is the general attitude in sports that equates gay with being feminine and somehow less a man. Color me a little jaded but I also wonder if this wasn’t a decision he made with his agent to try to extend his career. He is an aged player without a contract-coming out turns him into a player a team will sign so the NBA can avoid being accused of being homophobic because he didn’t get a contract after coming out. I think it is fine that he is out-I just think ther is perhaps a reason for the timing.

I do find some irony in the fact that there are several out of the closet female athletes but they don’t get the media attention this does.

Comment by Just Me — May 1, 2013 @ 8:26 am - May 1, 2013

13. The only question I have is, why has it taken so long for a male gay professional athelete to come out? I am just glad that a another barrier has been broken. Now play ball. Let’s all get on with life.

Comment by SC.Swampfox — May 1, 2013 @ 8:35 am - May 1, 2013

14. Ironically, while celebrating his courage, Jason Collins and others are still idolizing victimhood. In this case, Jason wore a number to commemorate Mathew Shepherd, a young man known only for being beaten to death. Not that his beating doesn’t deserve mentioning now and then to remind us, but there have been likewise beatings against homosexuals throughout the world since… take a look at present-day France. Whenever the Christian Right celebrates Christ’s crucifixion, the left wing cries they are focusing too much on his death, and not enough on his life. Remember the berating Mel Gibson got for “The Passion of Christ”? Same situation here. It would have been more meaningful had Jason wore the number that Mark Bingham wore while he played rugby in San Francisco. But Mark Bingham does not represent vicitmhood. In fact, he was a Log Cabin Republican and a patriot, who ultimately died to defend what he clearly understood to be an attack against his country. Those actions, unfortunately, are ignored by the gay community and the mainstream media. This whole affair reeks of corporate left wing orchestration. It seems everything is these days.

Comment by Mario — May 1, 2013 @ 11:09 am - May 1, 2013

15. Not all gay men are hairdressers.

Of course not. Some are also very talented interior decorators.

And yes, I went there. Deal with it.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — May 1, 2013 @ 11:17 am - May 1, 2013

16. I’ve noticed the MSM has avoided thus far reporting on the reaction within the black community, which does not fit the PC multicultural narrative the Left Wing wishes to sell.

Comment by David — May 1, 2013 @ 11:32 am - May 1, 2013

17. According to the Chicago Tribune: “The nonprofit National Gay & Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame will accept nominees beginning this summer. Its goal is to honor people and organizations that have “stood up to stereotypes” and embraced gay and lesbian athletes, said Bill Gubrud, executive director and board chairman.

Oh, goody.

So now Jason-Joan Collins can be the Jackie-Ebony Robinson for the world.

But not really.

However, there might be a Gay Basketball League and the NBA has been shutting out their gay players for decades until Jason broke the barrier and got into the NBA.

But, even if there hasn’t been an GBL gay struggle to get on the NBA basketball court and break through the bigotry barrier, it is all so-o-o-o wonderful and exhilarating and monumental and breathtaking and overwhelming to have broken through the barrier. Come on girls, (by that I mean females) you can break that nasty old NBA barrier too!

Now, with a Gay museum in Chicago, gays across America can aspire to achieve “parity” with whatever irks them.

Somehow, I have a feeling this makes a parody of the issues of those gays who wish to be left alone and accepted on their talents and character. But I realize that some gays really need the validation of wearing a newly minted crown and flashy sash. Go for it.

Comment by heliotrope — May 1, 2013 @ 12:06 pm - May 1, 2013

18. Call me cynical, but, the guy is 34 and free agent.

This could extend his pro career–either because someone falling over themselves to pick the first out gay player in the NBA, or more cynically still, if he DOESN’T get picked up, then it’s because of the anti-gay sentiment of the NBA…

Admittedly, he was good in his youth: he was a first round draft pick way back when, but his age has gotten to him. If you look at his stats, his playing, not surprisingly, has suffered over time. (His field goal percentage has gone done, though his free throw percentage is about the same; but when you compare his points for time played, it’s less than half. He’s also just not the defensive player he was.)

And the average NBA career is somewhere between 4 and 8 years. (Admittedly AVERAGE is including players who were never as good as Collins.) The stellar players: Michael Jordan, Kareem Abdul-Jabar, Oscar Robinson, Larry Bird–were all closing in on 40 (or a little past it), and had careers of around 20 years. Collins has been playing in the NBA for twelve years.

Collins MAY or MAY not have a few more good years as a player, but my cynical take is that he was nervous about what next year will bring–his last few years saw him moving around a lot. Usually in pro sports, if the player starts getting the musical chair routine, the next time the music stops, he could very well be out the door.

That being said, good for him that he’s come out. It should be very freeing for him.

Comment by Lee — May 1, 2013 @ 12:49 pm - May 1, 2013

19. What has come to my attention is that Jason Collins has been dating the same woman for eight years and was engaged to marry her. If this is true, I find the man’s behavior less than stellar. If gays are to have character, they don’t mislead women as to their sexual orientation. I’ve had it with gays and lesbians decieving the opposite sex and entering marriages to cover their true sexuality.

BTW, isn’t it about time that you fix your thead title to “I could not care less”, from the incorrect “I could care less”.

Comment by SC.Swampfox — May 1, 2013 @ 2:08 pm - May 1, 2013

20. I wish it wasn’t noteworthy, but I think it probably is. Sports has been the last bastion of the closet (relevant to professions anyway), so I think it matters to the young gay athlete growing up thinking he can’t have a career because he’s gay. Provided of course that Jason Collins has one after this.

Comment by Neptune — May 1, 2013 @ 2:10 pm - May 1, 2013

21. Thought just hit me. Does this mean Jason Collins had a ‘Dumbledore moment’?

Comment by The_Livewire — May 1, 2013 @ 2:37 pm - May 1, 2013

22. [...] Gay Patriot – Basketball player comes out; “I could care less” [...]

Pingback by Watcher’s Council Nominations – May Day Edition | therightplanet.com — May 1, 2013 @ 3:00 pm - May 1, 2013

23. Jman1961

It was Todd Beamer “Let’s roll” on UA Flight 93 Sept 11 2001. He was 32.

So another gay person comes out, ho hum. So what? I care more about what happened to 4 Americans in Benghazi.

Comment by Pamela — May 1, 2013 @ 3:22 pm - May 1, 2013

24. [...] Gay Patriot – Basketball player comes out; “I could care less” [...]

Pingback by Watcher’s Council Nominations – May Day Edition | askmarion — May 1, 2013 @ 4:18 pm - May 1, 2013

25. ‘Look at me everybody – over here! I like to play with a guy’s bum as opposed to a woman’s vagina. I am so special. Everybody give me sympathy and special treatment.’

Please. Being gay and telling people you are gay isnt a life achieving moment.

Comment by Mike — May 1, 2013 @ 6:06 pm - May 1, 2013

26. #25 — And look at YOU, Mike. What a degraded attitude you have toward sex and love. It’s all about body parts to you — and sexual ones, at that?

You’ve told us absolutely nothing about what’s on Jason Collins’s mind. You’ve told us a lot, however, about your own.

Comment by Lori Heine — May 1, 2013 @ 6:30 pm - May 1, 2013

27. [...] Gay Patriot – Basketball player comes out; “I could care less” [...]

Pingback by Trevor Loudon's New Zeal Blog » Watcher’s Council Nominations – May Day Edition — May 1, 2013 @ 6:38 pm - May 1, 2013

28. [...] Gay Patriot – Basketball player comes out; “I could care less” [...]

Pingback by Watcher’s Council-May Day Edition | Liberty's Spirit — May 1, 2013 @ 7:17 pm - May 1, 2013

29. What about Camron Lyle, a young man – a senior in college – looking forward to capping his collegiate track and field career by participating in two final meets and an NCAA regional tournament. After years of arduous training he was standing on the cusp of a well deserved crowning achievement in his field.

His phone rings and he is asked by someone if he remembered signing up to be a blood marrow donor two years ago? It turns out that he is a perfect match for a man in the final stages of a battle with leukemia. If Mr. Lyle would agree to donate his marrow, it would extend this stranger’s life perhaps by many years. But the donation must be done immediately…without delay. It would involve a very painful procedure to put needles into his bones to extract the marrow and a post-procedure recovery period.

Mr. Lyle didn’t hesitate to say “yes” and in doing so set aside a moment of personal glory 8 years in the making to help someone he never met.

Now THAT should have been what our President lauded in his press briefing. THAT act of kindness and selflessness is truly inspirational to everyone.

Comment by in_awe — May 1, 2013 @ 9:23 pm - May 1, 2013

30. [...] Gay Patriot – Basketball player comes out; “I could care less” [...]

Pingback by Some Fodder | — May 1, 2013 @ 10:53 pm - May 1, 2013

31. Don’t you call yourself “Gay Patriot West?”
    Doesn’t the site founder call himself “Gay Patriot”

There must be something in you that wants to define yourself as gay first before anything else. Maybe because without the word “gay” you are just another right winger screaming into the wind?
    Maybe calling your self “gay” gives you some kind of cred?
    Maybe you want to be a role model for other gays who might not be left wing?

Whatever the reason you and Bruce call yourself “Gay” its clear to me that you feel that its important that others recognize you for being gay.
    So why should it be different for this guy?

Comment by mike — May 1, 2013 @ 11:11 pm - May 1, 2013

32. Um, mike, read the byline on this post. I have long since dropped GayPatriotWest.

Glad we provided you the opportunity to vent. Hope you feel better now.

Comment by B. Daniel Blatt — May 2, 2013 @ 2:04 am - May 2, 2013

33. Mike’s point about this blog being called “GayPatriot” still stands. Why qualify yourselves, if the label is secondary? I don’t call my blog CineGay.

Comment by VS — May 2, 2013 @ 2:50 am - May 2, 2013

34. Dan

Fine. Then you need to update your blog:
    “Bloggers In Chief”
    Bruce Carroll Jr.(GayPatriot)
    - Email: bruce -at- gaypatriot.org

B. Daniel Blatt (GayPatriotWest)
    - Email: BDanielBlatt -at- aol.com

Comment by mike — May 2, 2013 @ 3:50 am - May 2, 2013

35. I’ll first go so far to say Jason Collins is brave to an extent for breaking open the closet door in a major sports franchise and good for him. But that’s it and his story warranted a few days of second tier coverage.

But trust this meglomaniacal President to make this into another episode of the ALL ABOUT MEEEE show! “Ooh, good for you, you brave young man. And as President I WILL have your back!” And so a reasonably positive moment is perverted by a President with an agenda. God, can this sicko stop giving disgusting wet kisses to: gay men, families who lost children tragically, sexually frustrated women etc.

I guess I’m learning the lesson of “careful what you ask for” when I wished and wished during the Bush administration that the POTUS would at least acknowledge our contributions etc. Yikes, it’s embarrassing whenever this clown “evolves” again and panders and in spite of the fact that he is clearly using a segment of Americans for his own use, so many become fawning dingbats. Trust me, the cost of winning “acknowledgement” from this fraud is far worse than being ignored. He thinks we’re idiot scum whether for gay/straight and as Americans no matter what lip service he gives. And he is once again pitting groups of Americans against each other in order to deflect attention from his criminal neglect during Benghazi and the terrorist attacks.

Comment by PopArt — May 2, 2013 @ 6:47 am - May 2, 2013

36. And yes, I agree that Mark Bingham remains a MUCH more suitable role model for young people of any orientation to aspire to. I cannot imagine the kind of fortitude he and the other men of Flight 93 showed in trying to stop another attack. And I know John McCain (when he was still a reasonably sane person and not the traitorous scumbag he is now) did publicly acknowledge Bingham’s actions that day.

Comment by PopArt — May 2, 2013 @ 6:50 am - May 2, 2013

37. And apologies to some of you, but what are you trying to deflect attention by being so emotionally distraught over the name of this blog??? Really??? Guess what. There is still a lot of people on both sides of the aisle choosing to live in fear. Those on the so-called right who swoon at the notion of any gay men and lesbians living their lives with honesty including acknowledging their sexuality when the situation warrants it and those in the gay community who furiously cling to atheism and react like hysterical queens over the notion that anyone who is gay can also desire a spiritually fulfilling life. Seriously, get over it people.

Comment by PopArt — May 2, 2013 @ 6:54 am - May 2, 2013

38. Well said Popart.

Comment by The_Livewire — May 2, 2013 @ 8:03 am - May 2, 2013

39. I don’t call my blog CineGay.

Just like putting lipstick on a pig. You will probably still have less traffic than CNN on a good day.

Checkmate.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — May 2, 2013 @ 8:42 am - May 2, 2013

40. [...] Gay Patriot – Basketball player comes out; “I could care less” [...]

Pingback by Watcher’s Council Nominations – May Day Edition | Virginia Right! — May 2, 2013 @ 11:33 am - May 2, 2013

41. littlelettermike:

GayPatriot is a shot across your liberal bow. You are the problem. Gays are required, like blacks, to be Democrats. Therefore, a GayPatriot is the enemy.

For your analogy to stand, you must hate a GayNBA player as a sell-out to all of what is right and proper in the authentic world of gaydom.

Got it? You are the problem. You are the sniper taking shots at gays who wander off the plantation. So, I guess a gay athlete is now persona non grata in the gay-correctness world.

Comment by heliotrope — May 2, 2013 @ 11:59 am - May 2, 2013

42. CNN.com is #72 ranked in all the sites in the world. Oh, and, look, there was a ratings spike on 4/15. Wonder why? It must be because they were covering the Gosnell trial. What’s about FOX? They’re ranked #5,569 and their traffic has been slowly declining since February, even with the coverage of the Gosnell trial.

Cinesnatch is at #568,343 out of 30 million sites/blogs. Not a big deal, but hardly worth pitting against the internet arm of an international media network.

Comment by VS — May 2, 2013 @ 2:37 pm - May 2, 2013

43. There goes Wonder Woman, spinning again…

BTW – Who is Alexa, and why should we care what she says? She doesn’t sound like a viable source of factual information.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — May 2, 2013 @ 3:18 pm - May 2, 2013

44. [...] Basketball player comes out; “I could care less” [...]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Watcher of Weasels Nominations — May Day 2013 — May 2, 2013 @ 10:00 pm - May 2, 2013

45. [...] Second place with 2 votes – Gay Patriot- Basketball player comes out; “I could care less” [...]

Pingback by The Council Has Spoken – This Weeks Watcher’s Council Results | therightplanet.com — May 3, 2013 @ 9:00 am - May 3, 2013

46. A little late to the discussion, but here’s an article I ran across this morning. I believe it’s worth reading. http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/05/actually-jason-collins-isnt-the-first-openly-gay-man-in-a-major-pro-sport/275523/

Comment by Megan — May 3, 2013 @ 9:33 am - May 3, 2013

47. I believe most people knew Bill Tilden was a gay man.

Comment by Ignatius — May 3, 2013 @ 9:46 am - May 3, 2013

48. Of course, the State-Run Media is doing their best to present Ms. Collins as either the gay Rosa Parks:

Or the reincarnation of Jackie Robinson (perish the thought):

And – to no conservative person’s surprise – networks like NBC tend to bankroll GayLeftLib LGBT events:

One wonders if they’d do the same for, oh, I don’t know – the NRA? Wounded Warriors? Right to Life?

Bias? What liberal media bias?

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — May 3, 2013 @ 10:08 am - May 3, 2013

49. [...] Second place with 2 votes – Gay Patriot – Basketball player comes out; “I could care less” [...]

Pingback by Trevor Loudon's New Zeal Blog » The Council Has Spoken – This Weeks Watcher’s Council Results – 05/03/13 — May 3, 2013 @ 1:13 pm - May 3, 2013

50. [...] Second place with 2 votes – Gay Patriot – Basketball player comes out; “I could care less” [...]

Pingback by The Council Has Spoken – This Weeks Watcher’s Council Results 05.03.13 | askmarion — May 3, 2013 @ 6:23 pm - May 3, 2013

51. [...] GayPatriot: I don’t follow basketball save to root for the Lakers when I catch them on a TV I’m watching at the gym. (One of my best friends is a fan, so I root for the LA team, knowing their victory will help make her day.) [...]

Pingback by GayPatriot: Basketball player comes out; “I could care less” | askmarion — May 5, 2013 @ 7:10 pm - May 5, 2013

52. [...] Second place with 2  votes – Gay Patriot- Basketball player comes out; “I could care less” [...]

Pingback by The May Day Blues | — May 7, 2013 @ 10:29 pm - May 7, 2013

53. [...] Second place with 2  votes – Gay Patriot- Basketball player comes out; “I could care less” [...]

Pingback by GayPatriot — May 8, 2013 @ 10:10 pm - May 8, 2013