Jason Collins – Obama and Democrat Hack

Posted by Bruce Carroll at 4:14 pm - May 6, 2013.
Filed under: Gay Leftist Lickspittles,Gay Politics

Well THAT didn’t take long.  From “hero” to zero in less than a week!

More on the DNC fundraiser being headlined by the newest Gay Leftist Lickspittle.

Jason Collins, the NBA player who came out as gay last week, is putting himself out there in the name of Democratic Party politics.

Collins will headline a May 29 fundraiser with first lady Michelle Obama and Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz at the party’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Leadership Council gala event.

-Bruce (@GayPatriot)

1. A mediocre NBA player in the twilight of his career finds a gimmick to keep himself viable. Yawn.

Comment by V the K — May 6, 2013 @ 4:16 pm - May 6, 2013

2. Hell, if he’s a hero, then just go to Atlanta and sign every down-low dude with a blonde girlfriend up as spokespeople, too.

Comment by Douglas — May 6, 2013 @ 4:19 pm - May 6, 2013

3. When I read JC’s coming-out piece on sportsillustrated.com, I thought there were a couple of odd political shots in it. I wondered if they were written by his publicist (or co-writer).

Looks like they may have been part of the integrated marketing plan! :-)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — May 6, 2013 @ 5:43 pm - May 6, 2013

4. Marshall McCluhan (sp?) was right…it’s Collins’ 15 minutes of fame. Make money now because in 6 months he’ll be a has been.

Comment by Mary — May 6, 2013 @ 5:48 pm - May 6, 2013

5. I hope Moochelle wears flats so we can keep the two of them straight…

Comment by runningrn — May 6, 2013 @ 6:05 pm - May 6, 2013

6. Douglas wrote: Hell, if he’s a hero, then just go to Atlanta and sign every down-low dude with a blonde girlfriend up as spokespeople, too.

That reminds me that yesterday when I was driving home from a local farmer’s market, I was listening to a replay of a Rush Limbaugh show from earlier in the week (if the lefties at the farmer’s market only knew!) where he was discussing this story. Rush asked why straight male celebrities who cheat on their wives or girlfriends are always characterized as sleazy scumbags, but no one has dared to ask whether or not Collins had cheated on his blonde girlfriend during the eight years they were engaged. Instead, the only acceptable terms for describing him in the media have been things like “brave” and “heroic.”

Comment by Kurt — May 6, 2013 @ 6:17 pm - May 6, 2013

7. Kurt: McGreevey syndrome!

I’d forgotten about that nothing… but I think it was a similar dynamic. I seem to remember that McGreevey had been a total douche, to his wife among others. So, as an astute politician, his next move was to come out… allowing him to claim the accolades of “brave” and “heroic” given obediently and swiftly by the usual Gay Left suspects.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — May 6, 2013 @ 6:24 pm - May 6, 2013

8. Sorry for the OT, but I’ve been offline and wanted to respond to something from an aging thread (the Rhode Island ghey marriage one):

Throbert disagrees with me on ghey marriage and thinks my religion is a joke; but he is never shrill and only occasionally has been a dick about it.

I cannot deny that I’ve been very irreverent towards VtheK’s faith in the past, but usually I really didn’t mean to treat it as “a joke”, even when I overstepped the dickishness line in my attempts to be irreverent.

A snotty young atheist once commented to me that “the Bible is just a bunch of fairytales” — to which my response was “Of course it’s a bunch of fairytales. But the question is, were these fairytales invented by a bunch of desert nomads, or were these fairytales invented by a wise God for the enlightment and edu-tainment of the desert nomads?”

Also, there is a rhyming proverb in Russian that can be rendered in English as:

A fairytale is a pile of lies –
    But with hinted-at truths
    For discerning eyes!

(If you’re curious about the original wording, you can Google on the phrase “сказка ложь”.)

So anyway, VtheK, if it seems as though I’m treating your religion as a joke, keep in mind that I don’t exclude the possibility that the Book Of Mormon is a “funny fairytale” authored by the Supreme Being for some constructive purpose (though I assume that the actual Supreme Being is not quite as the LDS faith portrays.)

And I certainly don’t mind being called out on it when I’m a dick!

Comment by Throbert McGee — May 6, 2013 @ 8:56 pm - May 6, 2013

9. Maybe THIS is why El Obama called him?

Comment by Paul — May 6, 2013 @ 9:44 pm - May 6, 2013

10. Yeah, who forgot to tell him about the Republican Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Leadership Council?

Comment by Mike Roberts — May 7, 2013 @ 1:23 am - May 7, 2013

11. even more off topic,

Thanks Thorbert for that proverb. I’m playing a Russian styled witch in Pathfinder Society, and I’m so stealing that.

back on topic, isn’t this the ‘house negro’ thing that was always thrown at Condi in actual application.

Dem #1: Who is that?
    Dem #2: Oh, he’s an athlete of middling talent, not a big name or anything.
    Dem #1: Then why is he here?
    Dem #2: Didn’t you hear? He just came out of the closet!
    Dem #1: Fabulous! I must be seen with him, let everyone see how enlightened I am to have an athlete on my arm.
    Dem #2: Just keep him away from your husband dearie!
    *both dems descend into giggles, then straight faces in case anyone saw the mask slip.*

Comment by The_Livewire — May 7, 2013 @ 7:23 am - May 7, 2013

12. Yeah, who forgot to tell him about the Republican Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Leadership Council?

Oh, how original.

You see, dear, we in the GOP don’t need to “divide” people according to race, gender, orientation et al. Because for us it is more important WHO you are rather than WHAT you are.

Checkmate.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — May 7, 2013 @ 10:12 am - May 7, 2013

13. Maybe Jason Collins could be Sandra Fluke’s condom mule. They both have budding careers as acclaimed has beens who have graduated from being weren’t evers.

Comment by heliotrope — May 7, 2013 @ 11:45 am - May 7, 2013

14. I wonder if Ms. Collins and Rino-Rear (aka Mrs. Obama) will even touch upon this little news item:

Hint: Don’t bet the farm on it.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — May 7, 2013 @ 3:20 pm - May 7, 2013

15. Ooops! Peter. The perp is Hispanic. Sorry. You need a white guy if you want him to get the finger fingered. In fact, if the perp is a Puerto Rican, he was forced to strike out because he hated the jeans the “victim” made for himself. (“They made fun of my jeans — I made the jeans myself, for that day.”) Offending a Puerto Rican’s sensibilities concerning jeans is a hate crime in and of itself and it supersedes actual gay bashing, including broken noses and casts on wrists, etc.

Minority on minority crime is a complicated and delicate bit of business. It certainly can’t be adjudicated with a simple beer summit. This is something Obama will be forced to mull over as he plays golf. It may take weeks and many different venues.

Comment by heliotrope — May 7, 2013 @ 4:38 pm - May 7, 2013

16. @12

I forgot how you all don’t do sarcasm very well.

Comment by Mike Roberts — May 7, 2013 @ 5:34 pm - May 7, 2013

17. Heliotrope, that is why they invented the “white Hispanic” term!

Comment by Texann — May 7, 2013 @ 6:15 pm - May 7, 2013

18. Heliotrope, that is why they invented the “white Hispanic” term!

Ooops! I forgot. (Senility doesn’t even itch when it kicks in.)

Comment by heliotrope — May 7, 2013 @ 6:28 pm - May 7, 2013

19. [...] one of the four major North American sports leagues to come out of the closet as a homosexual.  It didn’t take long for him to become some kind of prop for the White House to use for the purposes of fundraising for [...]

Pingback by If Jason Collins didn’t Become a Tool of the Democrats, he would Be Pathetic | Rattlesnake Pit — May 7, 2013 @ 7:50 pm - May 7, 2013

20. Heliotrope, that is why they invented the “white Hispanic” term!

If that’s the case, then SnObama is a “white black man.” Period.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — May 7, 2013 @ 10:30 pm - May 7, 2013

21. Aww, didn’t realize the ObamaBots cared so much about me as a gay man…….
    ……that they would go to such lengths to come up with this cynical ploy to keep us on the Libtastic plantation. Spare me the pandering and the hope and change. Some of us are quite happy protecting ourselves via the 2nd Amendment and empowering ourselves through our own talents and initiative and avoidance of government meddling of ANY KIND in our lives.

Comment by PopArt — May 8, 2013 @ 7:51 am - May 8, 2013

22. In view of Charles Ramsey’s actions to help in the rescue of the 3 women and 1 child in Cleveland and then to say “give the reward to the women because my reward is my paycheck”…how can ANYONE say Jayson Collins is a hero???

Comment by Mary — May 8, 2013 @ 9:12 am - May 8, 2013

23. Sorry to hear this. But not surprised. What about his speech where he said he wished he didn’t have to do all of this?

Comment by Niall — May 8, 2013 @ 10:36 am - May 8, 2013

24. Mary,

I seem to recall (don’t have access to the video) that he also did it because of seeing the crap people do to people. Saying enough is enough.

More stories are coming out that there were other reports made to the cops and not followed up on. This is especially ironic, since in Ohio, Domestic Violence charges do not need to be filed by the woman herself.

Comment by The_Livewire — May 8, 2013 @ 11:09 am - May 8, 2013

25. It (doesn’t) get better…

Apparently this SOB Castro was active at least in the online D/s community. So much for Safe Sane and Consentual.

Heaven help us all if he was involved in SMART as well.

Comment by The_Livewire — May 9, 2013 @ 8:39 am - May 9, 2013

26. The best sentence for Castro is to be handcuffed to Debbie Blabbermouth Schultz for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

The man will gnaw his own arm off trying to escape that wet poodle.

Seeing her face reminds me of why I’m gay in the first place! ;-)

Regards,