- It’s a presidential election. It’s not close; the Democrat has way more popular support. A few of his dumb zealots break into Republican headquarters to spy needlessly. No person is injured, but it’s still unacceptable. The more so, because the president and his crew then lie to obstruct official investigations.
- A Republican president was recently re-elected. A philanderer and “family values” hypocrite, he has an affair with his White House intern. It would have no public significance, except that it becomes a subject of testimony in lawsuits over his other affairs. And he lies about it, under oath. He, the nation’s chief law enforcement officer, has now lied to a court.
- A Democrat president must deal with a certain Third World dictator who has attacked four neighboring countries over a period of two decades, costing hundreds of thousands of lives. World intelligence agencies, and Republican leaders in Congress, are nearly unanimous that the dictator would be happy to launch yet another war, has been developing nuclear weapons, and may have nukes already. Acting on that consensus, the Democrat president gets legal approvals from Congress and the U.N. to invade (along with 40 other nations) and remove the dictator. The invasion works, but at a cost of several thousand American lives (including the occupation, afterward). It turns out that the dictator only had chemical weapons, plus some nuclear weapons research (no nuclear bombs, yet). That’s embarrassing, but multiple official investigations clear the President of any intentional wrongdoing.
- A Republican administration pushes thousands of guns into Mexico, causing the deaths of hundreds of Mexicans. Republicans claim the administration only did what the previous Democrat administration did. But that is not true: the previous operations had controls to minimize deaths and maximize the intelligence-gathering on Mexican drug cartels, controls that the Republican effort abandoned (for reasons unknown). The GOP Attorney General does everything he can to obstruct Congress’ investigation, and eventually is found to be in contempt of Congress. He does not resign.
- It’s a presidential election. It is going to be close; the Republican incumbent, plagued by four years of economic failure, is not way ahead. But he has been successful, he claims, in fighting terrorism. A month before the election, Islamist terrorists attack a U.S. consulate and kill an American ambassador, plus three others. The Republican administration had warnings and permitted the attack to succeed (through negligence or perhaps for reasons unknown). They lie to the American people about it, implying that it was not a terrorist attack, that they could not have stopped the attack, that the attack was somehow really a protest caused by a YouTube video that nobody ever heard of, etc. The lies work: the Republican wins re-election.
Archives for May 9, 2013
Perhaps the appeal of Twitter is that often pith makes the point better than a well-crafted, thoughtfully argued essay. Last night, Glenn Reynolds, whose Instapundit blog, proudly produces pithy commentary on the events of the day linked this tweet from Ari Fleischer:
Highly doubt we’ll see as much scrutiny of the Obama administration’s altering the talking points than we will of the Bush Administration’s acceptance of such points.
Odd how some accused Bush of lying for accepting the CIA talking points, as if the fault lay in his office and not in the erring agency.
Interesting how so few bother to inquire into the Obama administration’s decision to alert the CIA talking points, as if the fault lay in the ether for the erring administration officials.
- The Noisy Room – The Language of Killer Tomatoes
- The Political Commentator – Chicago Bulls Derrick Rose and the culture of Me!
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – VE Day
- Bookworm Room – “Extremism” when it comes to late term abortion and guns
- Joshuapundit–America’s Left: Koch Bros. Bad, Al Jazeera Good!!
- The Colossus of Rhodey – If You’re a Pro Sports Guy and Outspoken “Progressive” …
- The Mellow Jihadi – What price do you put on a life, does £710- or $1,103- seem appropriate?
- Rhymes With Right – SC Democrat Chairman Is Truly A Racist Dick
- VA Right! – Why Is Hanover County Paying Supervisor Elton Wade $30,030 Per Year as a Crossing Guard?
- The Glittering Eye –The Country
- The Razor – What To Do When The Enemy of Your Enemy Is Still Your Enemy
- The Right Planet – ‘G-d Bless You’
- Gay Patriot – The two Benghazi scandals
- Simply Jews – Richard Falk: a canary in the coal mine or a fly in a cesspool? [Read more…]