Let’s Help The Dogs of Oklahoma City!

Posted by Bruce Carroll at 5:35 pm - May 21, 2013.
Filed under: American Exceptionalism

As we have all seen following a destructive natural disaster, victims’ pets are also impacted.  Whether the pets have lost owners, or vice versa… my heart always goes out to pet owners after a disaster like Katrina, Sandy or the tornados in Oklahoma City the past two days.

Sometimes God answers a pet owner’s prayers…

But for those in the affected region  who aren’t as blessed, please help reunite pets with their owners and help take care of the four-legged friends that are displaced.

The American Kennel Club has an ongoing disaster relief program.  This is one of a number of ways you can help out.  Please donate!

1. While Liberals like Daily Show producer Lizz Winstead, Rhode Island Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, and leftist scrunt Sally Kohn were seizing on the disaster to score political points… Glenn Beck loaded up two semi trucks with relief supplies and had them driven to the disaster site.

Conservatives versus liberals; we win again.

Comment by V the K — May 21, 2013 @ 6:09 pm - May 21, 2013

2. #1 – V, haven’t you figured it out yet? Libtards are misanthropic creatures who constantly wish ill on people whom they despise.

And yes, I went there. Deal with it.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — May 21, 2013 @ 6:21 pm - May 21, 2013

3. Pets to many are as sacred as children. They’re their world. I caught this on CBS yesterday. So touching to see not only this woman survive, but her dog pop out like that.

Comment by VS — May 21, 2013 @ 6:42 pm - May 21, 2013

4. As insensitive, disappointing, and deplorable Lizz Winstead’s remarks were, I hope the attention she is bringing to various charities on her Twitter following of 76,000+ will amount to something. Still, despite her apology, she had made an off-color (and cliche) political joke involving the tornado just three tweets before. #ALeopardDoesn’tChangeItsSpots

Comment by VS — May 21, 2013 @ 6:48 pm - May 21, 2013

5. As insensitive, disappointing, and deplorable Lizz Winstead’s remarks were, I hope the attention she is bringing to various charities on her Twitter following of 76,000+ will amount to something.

Peter’s translation of Snatchy’s comment: “It’s ok because she’s a liberal, and we can excuse what she said.”

Hypocritical cow.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — May 21, 2013 @ 7:07 pm - May 21, 2013

6. I just posted on Facebook, the moment this woman started talking I knew she was going to utter the word “God” at some point and verbally express her faith. I could see it in her demeanor. People of faith just cope better than those without. That’s a big generalization and there are exceptions of course, but I really don’t know how people who have no faith in a higher power get through a disaster with their sanity intact.

Comment by Eddie Swaim — May 22, 2013 @ 1:32 am - May 22, 2013

7. Love you too Peter!

Comment by VS — May 22, 2013 @ 3:43 am - May 22, 2013

8. People of faith just cope better than those without

Comment by VS — May 22, 2013 @ 2:12 pm - May 22, 2013

9. When Wolf Blitzer assumed an Oklahoma survivor was a Christian, she responded, “I’m actually an atheist” and had a good chuckle. “We are here … and I don’t blame anybody for thanking the Lord.”

I’d say she was in pretty good spirits considering the circumstances. Oh, but hey, Eddie, people with faith cope better, right? She *MUST* be the exception. Right, Eddie?

Comment by VS — May 22, 2013 @ 2:16 pm - May 22, 2013

10. Snatchy, please use your own blog to discuss your own cryptic things and quit trying to get the thread off-topic just to entertain your own warped sense of humor.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — May 22, 2013 @ 2:17 pm - May 22, 2013

11. Love ya, Peter

Comment by VS — May 22, 2013 @ 2:22 pm - May 22, 2013

12. Actually Peter it is on topic.

Comment by The_Livewire — May 22, 2013 @ 4:07 pm - May 22, 2013

13. I really don’t know how people who have no faith in a higher power get through a disaster with their sanity intact.

These things happen. I’m not sure what is so unbelievable about a disaster that would make it impossible to get through for someone who isn’t religious. I’m not saying religious people don’t cope better, but I have no idea.

Comment by Rattlesnake — May 22, 2013 @ 4:14 pm - May 22, 2013

14. Nothing scares an athiest more than when they’re facing the end, and have nothing to cling to.

That kind of follows Peter’s Principle of Politics #103: “There are no athiests during an orgasm.”

Sorry, couldn’t resist. ;-)

Regards,