Lindsey Graham Wants To Read and Censor Your Mail!

Posted by Bruce Carroll at 12:29 pm - June 17, 2013.
Filed under: Republican Embarrassments

In my new post at Ricochet, I take aim at the latest stupid thing to come out of Lindsey Graham’s mouth.

Here’s a preview.

Honestly, I feel sorry for the people that would have to read Graham’s mail.  There’d be a lot of rambling love letters with a return address from Sedona, Arizona.

Graham needs to remember that he is hired and fired by the people of South Carolina. The facts show that Graham has more in common with John McCain, Barack Obama and the Washington DC crowd than he does with anyone who will see his name on a ballot next year.

Please read the whole thing!

-Bruce (@GayPatriot)

1. I will give kudos to Senator Graham for his persistent pursuit of the facts regarding the Benghazi. Other than that he shows no real conservative credentials. The Republican Party and the people of South Carolina will be better served by somebody other than Lindsey Graham.

Comment by Roberto — June 17, 2013 @ 1:11 pm - June 17, 2013

2. Roberto is right. I’d be happy with LG if he were a blue-state senator, but SC should be able to give us someone better. I wish Tim Scott had a twin brother.

Comment by Chad — June 17, 2013 @ 1:32 pm - June 17, 2013

3. If Sen. Graham were some backwoods lumber-dealer-made-good who got himself elected to the US House and then the Senate from SC, I might understand.

But Sen. Graham is a ROTC-educated ( J.D. 1981 Univ. of SC ) former full-time USAF JAG-officer who clearly has some odd views of the role of the Bill of Rights and the Laws of War, and who still holds a commission as a USAF-Reserve Colonel in the SC Air Natl. Guard.

But then again Pres. Obama is a former Constitutional Law professor at Chicago with a J.D. from Columbia. ( Or so we’re told.)

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — June 17, 2013 @ 1:56 pm - June 17, 2013

4. Bruce, if you dislike Graham so much get up and do something about mounting some sort of campaign to support a viable opponent to him. I regret to say that you were not a viable opponent.

Comment by SC.Swampfox — June 17, 2013 @ 2:41 pm - June 17, 2013

5. Rememberthe old James Coburn movie, The President’s Analyst (1967) where the final reveal was it was the phone company that was the villain?

V.I. Kydor Kropotkin: Are you trying to tell me every phone in the country is tapped?
    Don Masters, CEA Agent: That’s what’s in my head.
    V.I. Kydor Kropotkin: Don, this is America, not Russia!

V.I. Kydor Kropotkin: Logic is on our side: this isn’t a case of a world struggle between two divergent ideologies, of different economic systems. Every day your country becomes more socialistic, my country becomes more capitalistic. Pretty soon we will meet in the middle and join hands. No, my dear doctor; you’re going to defect because you want to live.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — June 17, 2013 @ 3:49 pm - June 17, 2013

6. Besides Chuck Hagel, I can’t think of any red-state Republican senator in recent history worse than Sen. Graham. C’mon, SC. Find someone new.

Comment by Chad — June 17, 2013 @ 3:56 pm - June 17, 2013

7. Please reconsider running.

Comment by BigGator5 — June 17, 2013 @ 4:07 pm - June 17, 2013

8. Chad–as a former resident of Indiana, I’d have to say Lugar’s up there.

I lived the past few years in California, where no matter what, it was going to be Boxer and Feinstein. Sigh. I now live in SC. I worry we’ll be stuck with Graham. I’m still marveling at, and shaking my head over Sanford… If noone viable beats Graham in the primary, I’ll have to vote for him in the election. Because as crappy as he is, I would rather him, than, oh, Elizabeth Colbert Busch.

Any chance of reoncsidering, Bruce?

Comment by lee — June 17, 2013 @ 8:17 pm - June 17, 2013