Even if you like you health care plan, you might not be able to keep it . . .

Been noticing that on its homepage, Yahoo! has lately been featuring a number of articles addressing the flaws in Obamacare.  Last night, they linked this article, Dear Entrepreneur, We Are Canceling Your Health Insurance:

As President Obama’s health care overhaul begins to change how Americans get their health insurance, the nearly 22 million people who are self-employed will see some of the most dramatic changes, with perhaps half of them headed for the new health exchanges in the fall.

I’m one of them – I recently received notice that the insurance I had been buying for three years would “terminate.” I will be shopping for coverage on one of the new health insurance exchanges.

Guess the article’s writer Amy Feldman didn’t like her plan because during the 2008-09 transition, the Obama team promised:

Under the plan, if you like your current health insurance, nothing changes, except your costs will go down by as much as $2,500 per year. If you don’t have health insurance, you will have a choice of new, affordable health insurance options.

And President Obama himself said as much — on more than one occasion. FoxNews was on this over three years ago. What was it Jay Leno said about the news network?

1. I might be wrong, but I think Yahoo shows you the news based on your browsing history/location/#of clicks/# of replies. Yahoo is mostly just an aggregator and its whole purpose is to get you to click so they can sell adds. So if it sees you click on Health Care debacle type of stories, possibly its smart enough to headline them for you.

For example, when I go to Yahoo I get this story displayed front & center:

Not sure what that says about me…

Comment by mike — June 25, 2013 @ 6:19 am - June 25, 2013

2. I am worrying about my coverage too. I have bought my own insurance coverage for decades, since I was self-employed. The premiums have gone through the roof. I only have only a few more years until I will be on Medicare, if is still around. Those for whom I really care about are the younger generation. What we need is more doctors ………… and fewer lawyers. I would suggest that everyone read Instatpundit.com every day. It is one of the best blog sites on the web, in my humble opinion. Glenn Reynolds does a wonderful job.

Comment by SC.Swampfox — June 25, 2013 @ 7:02 am - June 25, 2013

3. How can you tell if Obama is lying? His lips are moving. He has consistently and persistently told Americans lies and most Americans have believed him because they are hearing what they want to hear and he knows. And then he goes on and does what he damn well pleases because he knows no one will call him out on it….usually for fear of being called a “ray cisss”. Heh…that term has been thrown around too many times for me to react to it anymore.

Comment by Mary — June 25, 2013 @ 7:55 am - June 25, 2013

4. How can you tell if Obama is lying? His lips are moving.

And when his lips aren’t moving, he’s pausing to think of more lies.

Comment by V the K — June 25, 2013 @ 10:21 am - June 25, 2013

5. Can we agree that when most politicians move their lips they are lying or at least telling half-truths.

Comment by SC.Swampfox — June 25, 2013 @ 11:01 am - June 25, 2013

6. Can we agree that when most politicians move their lips they are lying or at least telling half-truths.

Especially if they’re Democrats.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — June 25, 2013 @ 11:26 am - June 25, 2013

7. mike, if that were the case it would be a sad sign indeed as I have made Yahoo! my home page on my Safari browser (in large part) because it is left-leaning and want to start my news reading by getting a perspective different from my own.

But, I do see more than just articles critical of Obamacare and also see links to some pretty far left reports.

As to S.C.Swampfox’s point, my insurance premiums have gone up $4,000 since Obamacare passed; that’s a $6,500 differential between what was promised and what resulted.

Comment by B. Daniel Blatt — June 25, 2013 @ 12:43 pm - June 25, 2013

8. Swamp…I can agree with you on that point! Most politicians wouldn’t recognize the truth if it bit them on their…pick a portion of human anatomy.

Comment by Mary — June 25, 2013 @ 12:45 pm - June 25, 2013

9. What exchanges?
    Here in NJ if you’re self-employed and not-currently-covered there are no outlets yet to even comparison-shop against.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — June 25, 2013 @ 2:00 pm - June 25, 2013

10. Given the bang-up job the gummint did on “health care” with a 1000+ page bill no one read, we’re now going to see what they plan for immigration “reform”.

The oncoming train may be on schedule… once it’s wrecked, the sheeple will then demand the US version of NHS or the Canadian system (where it is illegal to arrange for your own care).

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary*. – H.L. Mencken

* I would add “or manufactured by the people who want to lead them to “safety”.

Comment by KCRob (SoCalRobert) — June 25, 2013 @ 8:51 pm - June 25, 2013

11. If you like the NSA having your entire telecommunications and Internet usage—you’ll love having to financially bend’em-n-spread’em for the IRS/HHS under Obama-Care.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — June 25, 2013 @ 11:36 pm - June 25, 2013

12. Had to take the girls to the ER this morning, we were talking with the doc about the headaches of HIPAA for transferring medical information.

Doc: We have to fill out a ton of paperwork just to send the report to your PCP.
    Me: But you can send it to the IRS with no hassle at all!
    Doc: Don’t get me started.

Obamacare, where the doctors, patients, employers and ASC administrators all hate the bill.

(Standard disclaimer applies)

Comment by The_Livewire — June 26, 2013 @ 8:26 am - June 26, 2013

13. Our insurance is through my husbands employer and I worry that we won’t be able to afford that insurance at some point given how much it has gone up each year.

I still believe the point of this bill wasn’t to make insurance more accessible or more affordable but to make it so impossible that the only solution is for government to come riding in to save the day with single payer.

Comment by Just Me — June 26, 2013 @ 9:47 am - June 26, 2013

14. #13….I’ve thought that from the beginning. I believe we are 5-10 years away from a single payer system.

Comment by Mary — June 26, 2013 @ 10:59 am - June 26, 2013