Meatless Monday Steak Dinner July 29, 2013 in LA

Posted by B. Daniel Blatt at 4:40 pm - July 23, 2013.
Filed under: LA Stories,Liberalism Run Amok

In honor of the Los Angeles City Council unanimous approval last November of a resolution “endorsing the ‘meatless Monday’ campaign and asking residents to make a personal pledge to ditch meat for one day a week”, we will be organizing another Meatless Monday Steak Dinner this coming Monday, July 29.

If you’d liked to attend, please RSVP for details.

1. I don’t know. Some of the new pro-vegan ads are starting to sound really convincing, like this one. (NSFW warning!)

Comment by Thulsa Doom — July 23, 2013 @ 6:59 pm - July 23, 2013

2. I am bummed I am missing this din-din. I hope you guys and gals have fun. I will be in Paso for a week, my wonderful wife is turning 40 and we will be tasting wine… a lot.

Comment by Papa Giorgio — July 23, 2013 @ 10:25 pm - July 23, 2013

3. I appreciate your motivation on this but…Steak? Couldn’t you go with pork or chicken?

Comment by EBL — July 24, 2013 @ 12:11 am - July 24, 2013

4. Hey now…”BEEF—It’s What’s For Dinner!”

[Besides, pork is definitely not kosher!]

Comment by RSG — July 24, 2013 @ 5:53 am - July 24, 2013

5. I’m so glad no innocent Tofurkeys will be slaughtered for this event!

Comment by runningrn — July 24, 2013 @ 9:54 am - July 24, 2013

6. Enjoy your dinner, I wish I could be there. But, are people still observing meatless Mondays? I would think that by this time most people would have resumed eating meat on Mondays; you know, like the Christmas spirit. In December people act nicer and are friendly, then by January tenth they resume their normal attitudes.

Comment by Roberto — July 24, 2013 @ 1:27 pm - July 24, 2013

7. I appreciate your motivation on this but…Steak? Couldn’t you go with pork or chicken?

What’s wrong with steak?