I don’t even have to comment; HotAir’s headlines alone make all the points. OK, I’ll throw in a few little ones.
- Fearsome new White House talking point on Syria: Our attack will be “unbelievably small”. Or as John F. Kerry might say: How do you ask a man to be the first/last/whatever man to die for an episode of erectile dysfunction?
- WH worried that Syria [vote] loss will cripple Obama presidency. Americans who value their freedom could perhaps view that as “a feature, not a bug.”
- CNN poll shows nearly six in 10 oppose military authorization for Syria. Truly he is The People’s President!
- WH chief of staff: We’re a coalition of one. As in…we’ll act unilaterally?
- EU to Obama: Go back to the UN. Wait, he went? I must have been sneezing.
- Will Obama ignore the House on Syria attack? Alternate title: Would you have any Grey Poupon?
- Ed Schultz: The “spite in conservative hearts” for Obama is the “only reason they are against war for the first time, ever”. Alternate title: Let us lefties damn conservatives if they do…AND if they don’t!
And never mind the record of history, that conservatives opposed American involvement in World War 1, World War 2, Korea and Vietnam – until America was attacked; something that happened in Iraq (with Saddam repeatedly firing at U.S. planes), but not Syria. Clue for Ed Schultz: Conservatives like to see a rational connection to U.S. security, in their wars. They’re pretty consistent about it.
Sorry if my title pun was too painful.
UPDATE: Gaffe-tastic: Hillary pretty excited about Kerry’s accidental proposal for international control of Syria’s WMD arsenal. With the way this Obama-Syria mess writes itself, blogging has never been easier. I promise I’ll try harder, next time.