Golfing while a government shutdown looms

Posted by B. Daniel Blatt at 1:02 pm - September 29, 2013.
Filed under: 113th Congress,Media Bias,Obama Watch

While House Republicans have been burning the midnight oil trying to reach a compromise on the continuing resolution to keep the government funded, President Obama yesterday “went golfing for four hours at Fort Belvoir“.

Via Instapundit.

Do wonder how many news outlets (besides Pjmedia) are reporting this fact.

1. But this is what we’ve come to expect from him at this point, so to report on his inaction is a waste of time.

I say save the bandwidth for when he actually does something constructive.

This way, you’ll be running your site at +50 efficiency for the foreseeable future.

Comment by Neill Augustine — September 29, 2013 @ 1:15 pm - September 29, 2013

2. As much time as he spends on the golf course why can’t he get struck by lightning?

Comment by Bastiat Fan — September 29, 2013 @ 2:00 pm - September 29, 2013

3. Also, his flacks are out calling Republicans terrorists again. A class act, this administration. (Or is calling opponents terrorists the epitome of reasonableness and “good governance?”)

Comment by V the K — September 29, 2013 @ 2:50 pm - September 29, 2013

4. Your post assumes that obama: gives a $hit, thinks it’s more important than a “fly on an elephants a$$, worries what the media will think and say, and “gives a rat’s a$$” how the American people are going to live the rest of their lives.

Well, DUH – He don’t care!! He has nothing but disdain for you, for me, heliotrope, V the K, NDT, ILC, My Sharia Moor, Bastiat Fan, Jman1961, Ted B., Peter H, and even lower case mike.

Everyone else is on his “disdain” list too, sorry but I couldn’t remember the names, but trust me, YOU are on his $hit list.

Comment by mixitup — September 29, 2013 @ 2:50 pm - September 29, 2013

5. Pretty sure zero are reporting-golfing in a time of crisis is only bad if you are a republican.

Comment by Just Me — September 29, 2013 @ 3:19 pm - September 29, 2013

6. This country bollixed itself when it elected the most inexperienced candidate to the office of POTUS. 51% of the electorate compounded that mistake in 2012. The Left fields radical Marxists and the GOP nominates French Republicans for office who stand for nothing and only seek to control the bureaucracy for themselves. Until and unless we work to replace the above characters with Constitutional conservatives, we will continue speeding down the road to insolvency and societal collapse. Think it can’t happen here in the land of the (mostly) free and the home of the brave? I imagine Emperor Honorius having a similar conversation with his closest advisors as the Vandals sacked rack in the 5th century. The only difference between then and now is that we are doing it to ourselves.

Comment by Leslie McIntire — September 29, 2013 @ 5:48 pm - September 29, 2013

7. …sorry but I couldn’t remember the names, but trust me, YOU are on his $hit list.

Ucfk him!
    He was on my list way before I made his.

I don’t need this closeted POS to care about me, not one little bit.
    What I need from him and others similarly situated is to NOT enact onerous laws, policies and regulations which negatively impact my life and impede my ability to use my skills and talents to make a better one for myself…or, at the very least, to maintain the one I have now.

Comment by Jman1961 — September 29, 2013 @ 6:07 pm - September 29, 2013

8. I imagine Emperor Honorius having a similar conversation with his closest advisors as the Vandals sacked rack in the 5th century.

I wonder if the elites of Late Rome argued that the Vandals should be given tuition waivers and a “Path to Citizenship.”

Comment by V the K — September 29, 2013 @ 8:58 pm - September 29, 2013

9. IIRC, they did: they created various federated-ally statuses for some of the tribes that eventually destroyed them, made them part of their armies, etc.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 29, 2013 @ 11:18 pm - September 29, 2013

10. The Preezy did make time to declare November Muslim Appreciation Month:

Comment by Vicky Hernandez — September 30, 2013 @ 2:54 am - September 30, 2013

11. Not only that but the Senate is off until 2 pm Monday. Big emergency shut down for them, huh? If they really didn’t want a shutdown, they would have been working this weekend. They want this.

Comment by wendy — September 30, 2013 @ 8:47 am - September 30, 2013