Gay Dude Appreciates His 2A Rights

Posted by V the K at 8:53 am - December 18, 2013.
Filed under: Gun Control,Identity Politics

Chris Cheng, Season 4 winner of the History Channel’s “Top Shot” competition, came out as “gay for guns.”

One reason why I chose to come out publicly is that I’m a gay guy in a gun world. Hunters, sport shooting enthusiasts, and collectors are too often stereotyped as part of efforts to politicize guns as we witnessed last week on the anniversary of the horrific Newtown tragedy. Take it from someone who in a single package is not only gay, but Chinese, Japanese, California-born, a college graduate, a tech geek who worked on cool Google projects, a gun enthusiast and a passionate 2nd Amendment advocate. Our community is as diverse as anyone’s.

It’s good to be armed. That way you can defend yourself when a deranged leftist like Karl Pierson, Floyd Corkins, or Amy Bishop starts shooting at you.

Anyway, I’m just trying to keep providing content until the real bloggers show up.

1. Knew a stereotypical Flaming Gay Guy … except he held a Class III FFL and voted Republican. Owned several fully auto toys. His obviously raving leftoid coworker was flabbergasted. “What do the rednecks at the gun range say when you show up?!” “Um, ‘Hey, If I pay for the ammo, can I try a few shots?’ They are very polite.”

I really liked the comment on Twitchy:
    “Shoot straight.
    Even if you’re not.”

Good advice, that.

Comment by JP Kalishek — December 18, 2013 @ 10:42 am - December 18, 2013

2. Is he single?

Comment by Sathar — December 18, 2013 @ 1:21 pm - December 18, 2013

3. Good point, JP. Not all of us look or act like Chris Hayes or Sam Champion. Some of us easily pass for butch straight, you know.

In fact, that leads to Peter’s Principle of Politics #69: The militant gay left movement was started in order to allow effeminate men easier access into the mainstream of American society.

So far, nobody’s proved me wrong on this theorem.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — December 18, 2013 @ 2:35 pm - December 18, 2013

4. I am 53, have been out since I was 14 and have had a partner for 32 years. When my younger brother (major academic liberal) found out that I Thai box (sparring not classes), have a 1969 Ford Falcon and a .357 magnum loaded with hollow points next to my bed, his reaction : “Are you sure you are gay?”

I never get that response from conservatives.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — December 18, 2013 @ 2:47 pm - December 18, 2013

5. My favorite comment on the Twitchy article: “Shoot straight. Even if you’re not.” A good-natured joking slogan of encouragement and acceptance without an overload of fanfare. This, at the end of the day, is the end goal for me.

I think that a result of the gay movement is going to be the eventual disintegration of gay culture as we know it. The present gay culture has evolved mostly as a result of the political movement to gain social acceptance/tolerance for homosexuality. Now that that movement has been successful in bringing gays into the mainstream, there is less of a need for gay men to “wear the uniform” and “walk the walk, talk the talk,” as it were, and more gay men are engaging in political causes that benefit a wider percentage of the population than the GLBT population.

I think that, as gay men drift further away from the cultural posturing and political activism we see now with portions of the gay community, and move more towards a culture that average Americans find more familiar: a polite, well-adjusted, happy and monogamous couple living in a quiet suburb with a couple dogs and, yes, even perhaps a couple happy, issue-free children, who aren’t constantly “crusading” for their own personal benefit, I think the average American will go, “they really are all right.” We will only be able to be considered “normal” when we come to more closely resemble the Average American in behavior and goals, and it’s gays on the Right who may be closer to achieving that than gays on the Left.

Comment by Sean — December 18, 2013 @ 4:18 pm - December 18, 2013

6. I’m going to spend the weekend before Christmas with my son who had the good sense to move out of Maryland and to a Free State. We’re gonna visit some gunshops while I’m there.

Comment by V the K — December 18, 2013 @ 6:19 pm - December 18, 2013

7. Ok, that’s funny. I was just telling one my my strays about him.

Comment by The_Livewire — December 18, 2013 @ 6:38 pm - December 18, 2013

8. Very well said, Sean. Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS! (to everyone here at GP.)

Comment by Bastiat Fan — December 18, 2013 @ 8:19 pm - December 18, 2013