What Passes for Sophisticated Conversation on the Left

Chris Hayes (MSDNC’s answer to PajamaBoy) and some guy from The Nation giggle about anal sex.

YouTube Preview Image

Standards… who needs em?

These people put middle-school playground talk on the air and have the nerve to call Sarah Palin unsophisticated.

Hat Tip: Ace

P.S. On a related note, Bill Clinton apparently used to doodle phalluses on classified briefings.

Almost certain Sarah Palin never did that.

1. Did the network display the waiver before the program about the views and comments of said “experts” being held exclusively by them and not the network itself?

Comment by Richard Bell — December 20, 2013 @ 5:54 pm - December 20, 2013

2. As I’ve pointed out before, anal sex is normatively vanilla in modern gay male culture, at least as it exists in the US.

It’s not compulsory to ENGAGE in anal sex, mind you; it’s acceptable to be a gay man who happens to abstain from what-what-in-the-butt. But it IS compulsory to believe in and defend the wholesome all-natural vanilla-ness of anal sex — and to say out loud that it’s “kinky” (let alone “gross”!) is a heresy.

In contrast, it’s more or less permissible for an American gay man to describe fisting or golden showers or toe-sucking as “kinky”.

So the video clip above is simply an example of this particular gay dogma being upheld.

Comment by Throbert McGee — December 20, 2013 @ 5:55 pm - December 20, 2013

3. I’m led to conclude that Chris Hayes has jungle fever for rough trade.

Comment by Ignatius — December 20, 2013 @ 6:38 pm - December 20, 2013

4. This comment is going to get into some bedroom discussion; anybody put off by that, skip this comment. I won’t mind.

It can be very awkward for a gay man who doesn’t check off one of the “Top/Bottom/Vers” boxes. Lots of odd looks; “Oh, you’re just not trying hard enough,” will be the response. I myself am very ambivalent on anal sex, mostly because I’ve never actually engaged in it, and I’m not sure I ever will. Prostate be damned; the thought of a guy sailing up my chocolate river, or vice versa, puts me off.

In case these two knuckle-heads didn’t know, anal sex was not considered vanilla sex for gay men for quite a while, precisely because the perceived uncleanliness and unhealthiness of the act. Oral sex and frottage, the act of rubbing penises together to achieve orgasm, was the norm for gay men, while anal sex was seen as a kink that only a few deviant gay men took part in. It wasn’t until the late 70s that anal sex came to be seen as the typical sex act for gay men. What devastating disease started spreading like wildfire among gay men in the late 70s/early 80s? Oh yeah. HIV.

I don’t have evidence, but I am going to go out there and say that, had gay men continued to view anal sex as odd, the AIDS epidemic would not have been nearly as bad. Now frottage is receiving more visibility, so who knows, maybe in a few years, anal sex will once again be seen as outside the norm. Until then, my dating prospects are in a small subset of a very small population.

Comment by Sean — December 20, 2013 @ 7:37 pm - December 20, 2013

5. I talked like him in my early-20′s. But I eventually outgrew this phase. However, it’s just MSNBC’s malfeasance to have such a conversation air on network television. Chris Hayes & MSNBC are crumbling as Obamacare & Obama crumbles. I love it.

Comment by Sebastian Shaw — December 20, 2013 @ 7:46 pm - December 20, 2013

6. I think the Left was punch-drunk after Obama’s reelection. So certain were they that they were set for decades of liberal progressive control, they didn’t even bother to consider that they could be stop. Their arrogance and blind faith in their questionable intellects, their ideology, and their leaders is biting them in the butt HARD. Now they are desperately trying to pretend that it’s still Nov. 7, 2012, and the world is going their way. Like Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, I think the Left will soon have an angry American populace busting down their doors. Pick if you interpret that figuratively or literally.

Comment by Sean — December 20, 2013 @ 7:54 pm - December 20, 2013

7. WTF. Listening to those two literally made my skin crawl.

Comment by -gary — December 20, 2013 @ 10:09 pm - December 20, 2013

8. #4 – “I don’t have evidence, but I am going to go out there and say that, had gay men continued to view anal sex as odd, the AIDS epidemic would not have been nearly as bad.”

I’ll go further “out there” and say that if then Mayor of San Francisco Diane Feinstein had took action and closed the bath houses many fewer men would have died.

Comment by Richard Bell — December 21, 2013 @ 12:59 am - December 21, 2013

9. Some on the left are still unable to comprehend what they’ve done. They’ve shown that they are more than willing to employ the very same tactics that they condemn in others.

If the cooking channel does a reality show on a bakery and their star performer does an interview with GQ magazine in which he states; “I just dont understand heterosexuals or their weird sexual preferences”, offending millions of heterosexuals in the process, would the Cooking Channel be within their rights to fire the performer?

The left only defends the right to an opinion when it’s their own. It’s perfectly clear that they understand what they do when their attempt to bully someone into submission is so well organized. The left isn’t opposed to thuggery as long as it works in their favor.

HYPOCRITES!

Comment by gastorgrab — December 21, 2013 @ 5:49 am - December 21, 2013

10. Follow up:

As an example of the outrage that heterosexual community feels in response to the Cooking Channel star’s gender-based slurs, Fred Phelps of the Westboro Baptist Church is selected to speak for them.

(We KNOW your outrage is manufactured. Everyone in the gay community is already aware that certain people don’t approve of their lifestyle. No one was shocked to hear say what they already expected to saw.)

Comment by gastorgrab — December 21, 2013 @ 6:03 am - December 21, 2013

11. OK, that got mangled. The last sentence should read:

“No one was shocked to hear Phil say what they already expected him to say.”

Comment by gastorgrab — December 21, 2013 @ 6:05 am - December 21, 2013

12. @ gastorgrab

The troll wondering the site of late didn’t see the memo about the fabricated outrage. Endless time on Tumblrs created by mentally unstable teenaged girls and young gay men who are everything from histrionic to paranoid to borderline is not good for your brain. Just look at poor James.

Ok, quick show of hands. How many of the gay guys and lesbians who frequent this site live outside of one of the “gay safe zones,” in a “non-civilized state,” as James Edwards so quaintly put it? And how many of you take your life into your hands when you step out of the house?

Comment by Sean — December 21, 2013 @ 6:25 am - December 21, 2013

13. Oh it doesn’t just stop with the gay left. Look at Huff Po twisting what he said to try to gin up controversy among blacks.

Sadder still look how many desperately cling to being ‘the oppressed’ even after it’s exposed.

Comment by The_Livewire — December 21, 2013 @ 11:13 am - December 21, 2013

14. No, it’s not a gay thing at all. It’s a ‘hate-filled, hypocritical leftist’ thing.

We all remember these kids from high school. They created elaborate dramas in order to elevate their social standing. They did everything in their power to incite conflict between the others around them, as a form of entertainment. They craved constant attention. The endless meddling in the lives of others is a juvenile-narcissistic trait.

The left is made up of all the people who never grew out of it.

Comment by gastorgrab — December 21, 2013 @ 12:27 pm - December 21, 2013

15. My partner of 37 years and I are ashamed of the gay left and their tactics. Their tactics and their behavior is what repulses a lot of people. They are doing more harm than good. We live a very normal life and have never or will we ever become part of the gay left culture and their whining and demanding tactics.

Comment by azsun — December 22, 2013 @ 12:26 pm - December 22, 2013

16. @ Sean #4: I’ve heard anecdotal reports that gay men outside the U.S. (and perhaps outside the “anglosphere” in general) tend to view anal sex as kind of an “American obsession.” Which is not to say that they never have anal; it’s just that they believe that “those nutty Yanks do it much more than we do here.”

(Of course, this isn’t necessarily based on actual dating experience with American gay men, and may instead reflect conclusions drawn from U.S.-made pr0n, which can now be easily seen around the world by anyone with valid plastic money and a high-speed connection.)

Comment by Throbert McGee — December 23, 2013 @ 5:36 pm - December 23, 2013

17. 7.WTF. Listening to those two literally made my skin crawl.

I’m not sure which possibility is more unsettling:

(A) That the two guys in the clip are gay males totally playing to stereotype, or

(B) They are actually straight males who perhaps don’t even like anal sex — and if they’re curious about it at all, they’re only interested in topping a woman — but they feel compelled to defend this form of sex, and attack those who attack it, for fear of being un-PC.

[My feeling is that the only people who should publicly defend the merits of anal sex are those who truly get great personal enjoyment out of bottoming — since it’s the Bottoms, and not the Tops, who experience the lion’s share of discomfort and medical risk.

And I assume that 99% of straight women would back me up on this — since my impression is that most straight women either don’t “anally bottom” at all, or given their druthers would only do it every February 29th, as a special treat for their boyfriend or hubby.]

Comment by Throbert McGee — December 23, 2013 @ 6:14 pm - December 23, 2013

18. And people think I’m missing out for not having cable. The idea of me paying for sh*t like that exchange is why I don’t. Honey Boo Boo’s got more testosterone than those two “mens” combined. And BTW, what’s a “gay safe zone”? Is that like that little triangle in schools they call a “bully-free zone”?

Comment by Douglas — December 24, 2013 @ 7:55 am - December 24, 2013