- Under George W. Bush, undertook a massive expansion of the regulatory and welfare state in the name of “Compassionate Conservatism.”
- Used Republican Party resources to support Arlen Specter, Lincoln Chaffee, and Charlie Crist against more conservative primary challengers; all three of those gents left the party, two becoming Democrats.
- Advised Republicans to support another unpopular foreign war (Syria).
- Supports an Amnesty plan that will drive down the wages of American workers and flood elections with 10-20 million new Democrat voters.
- Is actively seeking to drive a third to a half of the Republican base (Tea Party conservatives) out of the party.
If Karl Rove and the Republican Establishment have their way, the party will be diminished to what it was in the pre-Reagan Era: a permanent minority of ineffectual moderates content with whatever crumbs the Democrats toss them.
They are perfectly fine with this, as long as the crumbs are big enough.