Our commenter Sean is concerned that he might end up up dating a liberal (in the modern sense of a progressive leftist). Those of us who are bit more seasoned may wish to offer the young pup some advice, before he makes a terrible mistake.
Here are some signs your date may be a liberal. Readers are invited to add more in the comments.
10. Tells you he thinks the minimum wage must be increased to help the working class; treats your waiter/waitress like crap and leaves a miniscule tip.
09. Pays for dinner with an EBT card.
08. Has CO3X1ST bumper sticker on his Prius, uses racial slurs when there’s no minorities around.
07. Cannot explain why he hates Sarah Palin, just knows that he does.
06. Expresses his belief that Christianity should be outlawed because Christians are “intolerant.”
05. Complains that his LGBT Studies degree really didn’t prepare him for his job at Starbucks; blames George W. Bush.
04. Harangues the waitress for not having a sufficient number of Vegan choices on the menu.
03. Can name every Oscar nominee, including costume design, but not a single senator, supreme court justice, or cabinet official.
02. Dinner “conversation” becomes a monologue on the topic of his unresolved daddy issues.
01. Brags that his purse is “the same kind Rachel Maddow carries.”
Nick Adds: (Sorry to hijack, it’s damned-near impossible to improve on #7 above, but I’ll attempt…) 11. After a half-hour soliloquy about “The evils of Right-Wing Christians and the dangers they pose to Western Society and decency in general, and American gays specifically”, a simple inquiry as to the treatment of gays by Muslims (toward whom we should exhibit much more tolerance) is met with long-desired silence and a stunned look.