Another Week, Another Silly Gay Nontroversy

Posted by V the K at 10:01 pm - March 31, 2014.
Filed under: Gay PC Silliness

The CEO of Mozilla holds a politically incorrect opinion on gay marriage. Since Mozilla produces the Firefox browser, the gay left … in their usual perfectly reasonable way … wants you to know that if you use Firefox, you’re morally equivalent to Josef Mengele. Possibly worse. Probably worse, in fact.

Matchmaking website OKCupid wants its users to boycott Firefox; and gives this histrionic explanation.

If individuals like Mr. Eich had their way, then roughly 8% of the relationships we’ve worked so hard to bring about would be illegal… Those who seek to deny love and instead enforce misery, shame and frustration are our enemies, and we wish them nothing but failure.

Is there any evidence Mr. Eich wants gay relationships illegal or gay people to be miserable? Of course not, this is just the usual gay-left drama queen victimhood and bullying twofer.

Seriously, we would all be better off if these people would just grow the hell up.

1. Unfortunately, V the K, they won’t “grow the hell up” so long as this “gay-left drama queen victimhood and bullying twofer” keeps working for them. Sigh.

Comment by Seane-Anna — March 31, 2014 @ 10:43 pm - March 31, 2014

2. … this is just the usual gay-left drama queen victimhood and bullying twofer.

According to wikipedia, OK Cupid cofounder …

Sam Yagan is married to his high school sweetheart, Jessica Droste Yagan

OK Cupid cofounder Christian Rudder is married to a woman.

OK Cupid cofounders and New Yorkers Chris Coyne and Max Krohn have been married since 2007 (presumably to women, since gay marriage wasn’t legal until 2011 in the state of New York).

Comment by Cinesnatch — March 31, 2014 @ 10:47 pm - March 31, 2014

3. …so long as this “gay-left drama queen victimhood and bullying twofer” keeps working for them. Sigh.

It only works for them because too many good people won’t kick them in their teeth every time they act up.
    Sigh.
    🙁

Comment by Jman1961 — March 31, 2014 @ 11:08 pm - March 31, 2014

4. The tolerant gay left isn’t so tolerant.

Shoot the tolerant left isn’t so tolerant-if you disagree they want you fired, fined and ostracized.

Comment by Just Me — March 31, 2014 @ 11:19 pm - March 31, 2014

5. I am still going to use Firefox. This is all just silly.

Comment by Charles — March 31, 2014 @ 11:28 pm - March 31, 2014

6. I don’t know how they can walk with their panties in such a wad.

Comment by Juan — March 31, 2014 @ 11:31 pm - March 31, 2014

7. The Leftists are getting their panties in a bunch because they see any statement followed by, “It’s not like we’re going to do X, Y, and Z” as a way to disguise their true intentions, to make ridiculous the idea of X, Y, and Z, and then implement those very ideas once they have people on board with their current proposal. The Left used the same tactic with civil unions: we just want civil unions for same-sex couples, it not like we’re talking about anything as crazy as same-sex marriage!

So if a Leftist wanted to reintroduce sodomy laws, they would probably say they were just working to repeal gay marriage, and they would never do something like reintroduce sodomy laws. So when a conservative says the same thing, the Leftists assume the conservatives are being disingenuous about their intentions!

Comment by Sean L — April 1, 2014 @ 12:08 am - April 1, 2014

8. Comment by Sean L — April 1, 2014 @ 12:08 am

Is there a word we could use to describe this behavior pattern?

I have an idea. How about P-R-O-J-E-C-T-I-O-N.
    Would that work? 😉

Comment by Jman1961 — April 1, 2014 @ 12:16 am - April 1, 2014

9. @Jman1961: Ding, ding, ding! 🙂

Comment by Sean L — April 1, 2014 @ 6:27 am - April 1, 2014

10. I am still going to use Firefox.

I’ll one-up your inclusivity: I am going to continue using both Firefox and OKCupid. I will admit, however, that in all of the years that I’ve used both, Firefox has contributed far more to my quality of life.

Comment by Sathar — April 1, 2014 @ 8:10 am - April 1, 2014

11. BURN THE WITCH!

Comment by chicago nick — April 1, 2014 @ 9:52 am - April 1, 2014

12. “Those who seek to deny love and instead enforce misery…”

Can everyone see my “shocked” face?

Comment by alanstorm — April 1, 2014 @ 9:53 am - April 1, 2014

13. It amazes me to this day the stone-faced, deer-in-the-headlights look I get from gay activists when I tell them that gays can get married in every state of this union by walking into a Unitarian Universalist Church and asking for it. When they say, “But it wouldn’t be a LEGAL marriage,” I say, “Two hundred years ago there were NO legal marriages, but you didn’t specify that it had to be legal. It isn’t the marriage you want, it’s the public sanction of it, and I wish you would be honest about it.” The look of utter disbelief is almost amusing.

Then when I explain to them that love is not illegal anywhere, they look at me as if I were insane.

Comment by Craig Smith — April 1, 2014 @ 10:49 am - April 1, 2014

14. The same logic that says failing to pay for someone’s birth control is the same as denying them birth control.

Actually, it’s worse. To them, it’s the same as forcing them to be pregnant.

Comment by Craig Smith — April 1, 2014 @ 10:51 am - April 1, 2014

15. Craig Smith and the legal sanction isn’t enough either. Now, they have to force bakers, florists, and photographers into their weddings.

Comment by V the K — April 1, 2014 @ 11:05 am - April 1, 2014

16. I read a blisteringly honest essay by a gay man who narrowed the drive behind government-recognized gay marriages to three sources: to spite people who disapprove of homosexuality, to fulfill a subconscious need to be perceived by themselves and others as “normal,” and to win the blessings and favor of their god-in-all-but-name, the federal government.

Comment by Sean L — April 1, 2014 @ 12:11 pm - April 1, 2014

17. Sean L:

Can you find the link to that piece?
    I’d love to read it.
    Thanks!

Comment by Jman1961 — April 1, 2014 @ 12:15 pm - April 1, 2014

18. When I read about this yesterday I considered changing to a different
    browser because of the employees reaction in demanding his ouster.
    Now that people are demanding a boycott because of his presence I’m
    sticking with Firefox as long as he’s there.

Comment by SouthernGay — April 1, 2014 @ 1:06 pm - April 1, 2014

19. Tried to find it Jman, but couldn’t. But if you search “gays against gay marriage,” you’ll find a growing number of gay men questioning the motivation and benefits of conforming to a (ideally) monogamous and (ideally) long-term relationship with (just!) one other man. Basically, some realize that if gay marriage became the norm, then they could never have their cake and eat it by marrying a guy and having fun on the side. Personally, I can’t imagine anybody not wanting the stability and security that a monogamous and committed relationship brings.

Other gay men are starting to realize that “civil unions” are marriages in all but name, and they are wondering “same-sex marriage” is more preferable . And still others are uncomfortable with the spite that a lot of gay marriage activists have for Traditional Christians.

Comment by Sean L — April 1, 2014 @ 1:26 pm - April 1, 2014

20. Edit: “wondering WHY ‘same-sex marriage’…”

Comment by Sean L — April 1, 2014 @ 1:27 pm - April 1, 2014

21. i am keeping my Firefox browser. This is just silly.

Comment by Charles — April 1, 2014 @ 8:56 pm - April 1, 2014

22. Sean L.:

I also recall with extreme amusement a conversation I had with several friends who are gay and their reaction to a statement by a gay activist who said that they NEEDED legal gay marriage in order to end the scourge of AIDS by being monogamous.

To which, my gay friends said, “Oh, right! Like legal marriage kept heterosexuals from adultery. Worked really good for them!”

Comment by Craig Smith — April 2, 2014 @ 8:52 am - April 2, 2014

23. @ Craig Smith: Marriage doesn’t stop adultery. People deciding that the vows they made mean something and they don’t want to dishonor their partner does.

I can understand a guy having a moment of weakness and having some fun on the side with some stranger. If the guy told me “I messed up and I’m sorry,” I would probably forgive him. If he was having an affair or if he was a chronic cheater, that would be a different story.

Comment by Sean L — April 2, 2014 @ 12:00 pm - April 2, 2014

24. Time to switch to Google Chrome or Safari.

Comment by Cinesnatch — April 3, 2014 @ 3:31 pm - April 3, 2014