The Thin Skin of the President

Posted by V the K at 9:58 am - April 15, 2014.
Filed under: Obama Watch

Dr. Ben Carson is one of America’s top neurosurgeons … which, unlike being a Community Organizer, is an actual achievement. At last year’s National Prayer Breakfast, Dr. Carson gave a speech that was critical of political correctness, and offered some suggestions for reforming health care delivery that were at least a million times better than anything in Obamacare.

Afterwards, the White House apparently asked him to apologize for “offending the president.”

“He did not appear to be hostile or angry,” Carson writes of Obama, “but within a matter of minutes after the conclusion of the program, I received a call from some of the prayer breakfast organizers saying that the White House was upset and requesting that I call the president and apologize for offending him. I said that I did not think that he was offended and that I didn’t think that such a call was warranted.”

We can only hope that Reggie Love was waiting in the 42 vehicle armored motorcade with a crying towel.

1. Oh, my God. We have a President who…calls up his critics and asks them to apologize for the (moral) crime of their offending him?

I knew Obama was probably narcissistic, but…his actions that show it still make me cringe.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — April 15, 2014 @ 10:22 am - April 15, 2014

2. The DC Caller link has the video of Carson’s 2013 speech. Carson talking about Rome destroying themselves from within and America’s $16 trillion debt, while Obama looks down his nose…priceless!

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — April 15, 2014 @ 10:32 am - April 15, 2014

3. “You talked about my ears. I just want to put you on notice: I’m very sensitive about — what I told them was, ”I was teased relentlessly when I was a kid about my big ears.'” — Obama in 2006

Pundits wondered if Obama could handle the toughest critics. The answer has become crystal clear in 12 years. NO!! HE CAN’T!!

Comment by Craig Smith — April 15, 2014 @ 10:50 am - April 15, 2014

4. Not only narcissistic but infantile and vindictive. He actually acts like a very spoiled 13 yo girl.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — April 15, 2014 @ 11:03 am - April 15, 2014

5. But I misunderstood. Obama doesn’t call people who offend him. His staff do it. That makes it….better??

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — April 15, 2014 @ 11:05 am - April 15, 2014

6. While I feel Carson is over-rated & is focused on only because he’s an “example” of a conservative black, he is a good man who spoke is mind. His opposition statements at the prayer breakfast were appropriate & the gracelessness of obama was revealed, in the inappropriateness of asking for an apology.
    Off topic… He’s not presidential material. He’s just not.

Comment by Marc Winger — April 15, 2014 @ 11:44 am - April 15, 2014

7. COLOR me unsurprised…

Comment by runningrn — April 15, 2014 @ 12:07 pm - April 15, 2014

8. I’m sure Dr. Carson will thoroughly-enjoy both his IRS tax audit, and the DOJ criminal investigation of every Medicad, Medicare and TriCare case he’s ever billed or been involved in.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — April 15, 2014 @ 12:23 pm - April 15, 2014

9. Ted,

Don’t forget OSHA visiting any medical office he is currently connected with. Or ATF if he has ever registered a firearm anywhere.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — April 15, 2014 @ 12:31 pm - April 15, 2014

10. http://www.examiner.com/article/ben-carson-family-and-friends-target-of-irs-harassment-for-criticizing-obama

Comment by Juan — April 15, 2014 @ 5:34 pm - April 15, 2014

11. Obama should have followed Harry Truman’s advice and stayed out of the kitchen.

Comment by tc — April 15, 2014 @ 6:14 pm - April 15, 2014

12. Imagine if the Bush White House had asked for someone like Stephen Colbert, John Stewart, Cindy Sheehan or any countless other critics to “apologize” for what the president’s advisors had deemed “offensive.”

CNN would be having a bigger orgasm than the one they currently are having over Malaysian Airlines.

And yes, I went there.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — April 15, 2014 @ 11:30 pm - April 15, 2014

13. Can you imagine this Narcissistic serial liar if he had to deal with a fraction of the hostile press that GW Bush did?

He has to be the absolute laziest, most unqualified and unprofessional man ever to hold public office.

What a tool.

Comment by acethepug — April 16, 2014 @ 6:04 am - April 16, 2014

14. Acethepug, as they say at Ace of Spades HQ, I like the cut if your jib and would like to subscribe to your newsletter…

Comment by runningrn — April 16, 2014 @ 7:39 am - April 16, 2014