The FedGov Funding Vital, Important Research

Posted by V the K at 7:29 pm - May 30, 2014.
Filed under: Big Government Follies

The Federal Government — which Democrats insist is operating at peak efficiency and can’t be cut by even one dollar — is spending nearly $200K to find out how transgenderoids use Facebook.

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is spending nearly $200,000 to study how transgender women use social networking sites like Facebook and how their use affects their chances of getting HIV.

The Friends Research Institute, based in Maryland, received $194,788 last month to begin the project operating on the premise that due to “transphobia” transgendered women are forced to use social media as an outlet, often leading to risky sexual behaviors.

Apparently, even though it’s been known and taught for the last thirty years how not to catch the HIV, Uncle Sugar is still a sucker for a liberal researcher with an HIV sob story.

[The Institute’s Lead Researcher, Dr. Cathy] Reback was one of the first researchers to discover that gay men engage in sexually risky behaviors while high on methamphetamine.

Whoa! Take that Crick and Watson!

1. I feel like I should sign up somewhere. “Nope, no risky social media behaviors here. Just give me that $200k and go back to researching the effects of Polaroids on polar bears or whatever.”

Comment by Zoe M — May 30, 2014 @ 7:49 pm - May 30, 2014

2. I don’t think social media is higher risk than going out to the clubs. You are guaranteed to have a conversation with someone before you have sex. At the clubs if you meet a hot guy you try to score on him good before he finds out you believe in self defense, & don’t want to pay higher taxes.

Maybe I should put in for a grant to study the effects of 100 ounces of gold on a gay conservative’s HIV risk. Although there might not be that much in Fort Knox

Comment by Steve — May 30, 2014 @ 9:08 pm - May 30, 2014

3. @Sean L I don’t remember where I saw the bath house link to Sandy’s meningitis and searching (NYC meningitis gay) is like typing in (sex) into google. I guess I better get the shot before I go there again(NYC not baths) I think it just alluded to the location as a bath house but might have been a gym. Sometimes it seems that the stories that don’t fit the leftist narrative just disappear.

While looking for it I found a link to something else on sandy that I couldn’t find to back up when someone called me out on it. The Bloomberg friend that arraigned a contract for 100+ ambulances to do nothing for days that paid the same as if they where doing 16hr shifts, and using up gas/supplies. Which tied up resources &exacerbated health problems with Sandy.

‘We’re firefighters and EMTs and nurses. We’ve been here for days, and they haven’t let us off the compound, they haven’t given us marching orders, they haven’t even given us our equipment. We’ve been sleeping on plastic chairs since we got here.’”
    ““He said they couldn’t do it because FEMA had them all under contract, and they couldn’t go out without FEMA’s say-so. They were so frustrated. They came all this way, and now they’re not going anywhere, and there’s something in their contract telling them they can’t even throw up their arms and say ‘Fuck it’ and go into the city and do good.”

Its almost time to go out on the Diogenes search.

Comment by Steve — May 30, 2014 @ 9:56 pm - May 30, 2014

4. @Sean L I left a long post that might be in moderation, couldn’t find the meningitis link to many with gay meningitis NYC. But I did find this that someone called me out on before that I couldn’t back up.

Comment by Steve — May 30, 2014 @ 9:59 pm - May 30, 2014