Gay Dudes Brawl Over a Chihuahua

Posted by V the K at 3:46 pm - July 9, 2014.
Filed under: Gay Culture

Hey, not every post has to be political. This is the kind of story you can read whatever you want into, or nothing at all.

Police are hot on the trail of this handsome blonde mystery man who was caught on video socking a Manhattan dogwalker in the head — putting him in the hospital — during an argument over a white Chihuaha named Peanuts.

According to police sources, Martone believed the Matthew McConaughey-look-alike had disrespected Peanuts by stepping over the little white pooch in order to pass Martone and his boyfriend on the sidewalk.
Me, I’m a cat person (obviously). But if I had a dog, it would be something substantial like a husky. I know a chihuahua. We do not get along.

1. Everyone knows you don’t punch a guy for crying that you disrespected his Chihuahua by stepping over it while it was in your way. You b!tch slap them

Comment by Steve — July 9, 2014 @ 5:06 pm - July 9, 2014

2. Oh, I guess we needed another affirmation of the “gay men are petty, vain creatures who respond to real and perceived slights and slights-by-proxy by flying into rages” meme. Thanks for that, guys. Idiots.

Comment by Sean L — July 9, 2014 @ 6:01 pm - July 9, 2014

3. As a straight guy who loves chihuahuas, I figure I had to respond.

1) Chihuahuas are the Don Quixote of animals. They seem themselves as hulking great beasts and act accordingly. I had one growing up who would regularly taunt the neighbor’s K-9 German Shepard. The German Shepard would back off, so the chihuahua would feel empowered.

2) Chihuahuas are extremely loyal to a few people, and even then they fixate on one person to be their best friend. Our chihuahua loved my mom, and I would get bitten if I hugged mom. I didn’t take it personally.

3) Since they are loyal as hell – chihuahua owners realize that their tiny cranky irritable balls of fluff are beyond loyal, and thus you need to give that back to them. As a result, owners are overprotective of their angry little chihuahuas.

So I can understand a dude flipping out over his chihuahua. And I can totally empathize because if I took my chihuahua out and someone slighted it, I wouldn’t hesitate to cut a bitch.

Comment by Chicago Nick — July 9, 2014 @ 7:56 pm - July 9, 2014

4. Help me out, here… where in the article does it say that the perp is gay?

The victim was with his partner.

Comment by KCRob (SoCalRobert) — July 9, 2014 @ 9:13 pm - July 9, 2014

5. #4 in the linked article “Martone, with his stocky boyfriend standing nearby, yelled at the man — who tried to walk away.”
    They say never trust a man that has never been punched in the face, the reason is they act like Martone.

Comment by Steve — July 9, 2014 @ 9:46 pm - July 9, 2014

6. A husky also would have been difficult to step over.

However I am a mutt person-I have two mixed breed dogs that didn’t cost me a dime and who are very good natures. Neither dog fits in my purse or looks like my cat could eat them and be left feeling hungry.

Comment by Just Me — July 10, 2014 @ 2:22 am - July 10, 2014

7. Given that my service dog is a Chihuahua, and he got me through losing my partner (who got him when her husband was in hospice)… don’t mock the Chihuahua.

Comment by The_Livewire — July 10, 2014 @ 7:49 am - July 10, 2014

8. I’ve never met a nice chihuahua. I’m sure they exist, but I’ve never met one.

The trick to dog breeds is to treat them all like mutts. Don’t assume behavioral quirks based on breed, increased aggression especially. Treat a dog like it’s a murderous monster, and it’ll start acting like that. Spoil a dog, and it’ll act spoiled.

Comment by Sean L — July 10, 2014 @ 8:19 am - July 10, 2014

9. If you come to Ohio in the next couple years (He’s 11 years old) I’ll show you an awesome Chihuahua

Comment by The_Livewire — July 10, 2014 @ 11:20 am - July 10, 2014