The GOP Barks Up the Wrong Tree

Posted by V the K at 10:08 pm - September 25, 2014.
Filed under: 2014 Elections

Got an email from the National Republican Senate Committee….

After months of predicting GOP victory, the Washington Post’s statistical model now shows a 51 percent chance that the Democrats hang on.

Why?

The answer is simple – the Democrats are spending over $40 million more than the Republicans in battleground races. For weeks, our candidates have been holding on, despite a relentless barrage of negative ads – but we need your help now or it’s over.

I know that times are tough, that’s why we’re fighting so hard to bring new leadership that will turn things around. But, if we don’t rally together now – as a team – then we will lose as individuals.

Can we count on you?

And then it asks me to click on some links to donate various amounts of money.

My honest response to this email: Maybe if you hadn’t spent millions and millions of dollars trashing fiscal conservatives so you could keep your old worn out fossils on the ticket, you wouldn’t have to be begging for money now.

And by what possible definition of the words “new” and “leadership” are Mitch McConnell and Thad Cochran “new leadership?”

I get into a lot of arguments with people who tell me I have to support the Republicans, because if I don’t, the Democrats will win. And my only response to that is “So?”

I saw this article a few days back about how the GOP was going to “mend fences” with Tea Party fiscal conservatives so they could get their votes in November. Noticeably absent from the article was any effort whatsoever by the GOP to mend fences with Tea Party fiscal conservatives.

If they think they can win without our votes, then they can also win without our money and effort.

1. I will not be supporting the republicans with money or votes this November. Let the whole thing burn down as far as I’m concerned. We are at the point where republicans don’t even try to slow down the Socialist wave and have joined it instead.

Comment by Richard Bell — September 25, 2014 @ 10:45 pm - September 25, 2014

2. I’m saving this for any emails I get from the RNC.

Comment by Craig Smith — September 25, 2014 @ 11:02 pm - September 25, 2014

3. After what happened in Kentucky, Mississippi, and North Carolina, the GOP can kiss my ass.

It’s just fortunate enough that Indiana doesn’t have too many exciting races this year.

Comment by Paul — September 25, 2014 @ 11:31 pm - September 25, 2014

4. The GOP County Committee turned it’s back on fiscal sanity to “reward” a Party Hack Stalwart from upstate with our “safe” Congressional District while claiming he’s a “resident” via his [new] monthly-rental beach-house at the NJ Shore. Losing four statewide races in-a-row against the Dhimmicrats ISN’T a qualification to be my Congress-critter.

I’ll vote for the Party come the election, but let-it-all-burn as far as giving them my time and/or money this election-cycle.

Some may be RHINO’s…but there are plenty in the GOP who are Democrats-in-all-but-name when it come to governmental fiscal-profligation and statism.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — September 26, 2014 @ 1:09 am - September 26, 2014

5. A lot of us are having this reaction. I don’t pick up when they call, and on those occasions when I have picked up without checking, first, I don’t donate. Even my mother–a lifelong Republican–tells them to get lost when they call her. I think very many of us have had more than enough of the party leadership and its go-along-to-get-along philosophy. I will still vote for the Republicans running because I can’t stomach the thought of any more Democrats in office, but I’m not going to give money to the party leadership.

Comment by Kurt — September 26, 2014 @ 1:24 am - September 26, 2014

6. “#4.The GOP County Committee turned it’s back on fiscal sanity to “reward” a Party Hack Stalwart from upstate with our “safe” Congressional District while claiming he’s a “resident” via his [new] monthly-rental beach-house at the NJ Shore. Losing four statewide races in-a-row against the Dhimmicrats ISN’T a qualification to be my Congress-critter.”

Ted, I’ve had county committee chairman in NYS tell me to my face that they don’t really care who wins so long as they still get their patronage money. We need to term limit county committee people same as politicians.

Let it all burn down.

Comment by Richard Bell — September 26, 2014 @ 5:36 am - September 26, 2014

7. The establishment, professional politician class of Republicans scoff at the “far right” TEA Party supporters because “they don’t know how Washington works.”

Actually we do know how Washington works. It is a whorehouse where professionals in the art of skimming from the US Treasury sell influence, twist their principles and build a personal cash cow in a me-me-me scheme of self-aggrandizement.

The “far right” wants to smash the business-as-usual whorehouse government and replace it with a representative democracy in which We the People are in charge of the public square.

Comment by Heliotrope — September 26, 2014 @ 11:33 am - September 26, 2014

8. The Establishment has to cease giving us “me too” Republicans who only talk the talk but don’t walk the walk. They recite the core principles by rote just as I might recite the Nicene Creed. On the other hand the TEA Party has to postulate candidates, like Ken Cuccinelli, not dodos like O’Donnell, Sharon Angle, and the other in Missouri, Akins?

Maybe an endorsement form Sarah Palin is the kiss of death. Mia Love is a star. She made a fine speech in the 2012. She is on my prayer list to win. If the Establisnment is serious about mending fences, their support for her would be a start.

Comment by Roberto — September 26, 2014 @ 12:08 pm - September 26, 2014

9. I use to donate to a variety of Republican candidates. Romney included. But when Obama spent one Billion and Romney spent one billion, I figured little donors have little impact on the political scene anyway. And if Republicans can spend that much money and still lose….geez

Comment by Gene in Pennsylvania — September 26, 2014 @ 7:10 pm - September 26, 2014

10. OK, Roberto, I know you mean well, but Todd Akins was not a Tea Party candidate; that is a myth spread by the Republican Establishment. In fact, the Tea Party endorsed the other two candidates in the primary and did not endorse Akin; who won only because of Democrat cross-over voting and… as a sitting Congressman… was more a part of the Republican Establishment than the other two candidates.

Comment by V the K — September 27, 2014 @ 9:17 pm - September 27, 2014