And Now, Some Gay People Who Aren’t Terrible

Posted by V the K at 5:14 pm - November 7, 2014.
Filed under: Entrepreneurs,Gay America

Glenn Beck interviews from lesbians who disagree with the gay fascist left. [Edited for brevity and emphasis added to the really important bit that only a complete smeghead would disagree with.]

The lesbian couple are standing up for Christian t-shirt maker Blaine Adamson, who refused to print shirts for a gay pride festival because it compromised his values. Adamson has come under attack for his stance, but this couple supports him. The story is a microcosm for what should be happening in America as we navigate the way the world is changing.

“As a business owner, it struck a chord with me when I read the story, because I know how hard it is to build a business. You put your blood and your sweat and your tears into every bit of it. When I put myself in his place, I immediately felt like if that were to happen to us, I couldn’t create or print anti-gay T-shirts, you know, for a group. I couldn’t do it,” Kathy explained.

Diane added, “We feel this really isn’t a gay or straight issue. This is a human issue. No one really should be forced to do something against what they believe in. It’s as simple as that, and we feel likewise. If we were approached by an organization such as the Westboro Baptist Church, I highly doubt we would be doing business with them.”“Everybody votes with their dollars, you know?” Kathy said. “And why you would want to go with somebody who doesn’t agree with you, [when] there’s others who do agree with you, that’s who I want to do business with.”

Nice. If only all gay people were so tolerant and open-minded.

1. Good use of Red Dwarf name calling.

Comment by Joethefatman™ — November 7, 2014 @ 6:14 pm - November 7, 2014

2. I concur. But I would settle for a court system that views religious belief to be higher than vindictive nature when alternatives are available.

In other words, before you force bakers, photographers, t-shirt makers, etc. to do your bidding, a clear patter of discrimination THROUGHOUT THE INDUSTRY must be shown, limiting the choices you actually have, so you don’t end up forcing your viewpoint on another.

Comment by Craig Smith — November 7, 2014 @ 7:00 pm - November 7, 2014

3. This is not the simple matter it looks like on the surface. There’s more to this than a t-shirt printer being compelled to do something against his beliefs. Under the surface this is a huge monster that has been lurking in the shadows in fundamentalist circles for a decade.

They call this “positive religious discrimination.” Already they’ve slid it through courts to cover hiring and firing based on religious beliefs, awarding contracts for services based on religious beliefs, and even a profit making church owned apartment complex where it is legal to discriminate in leasing on the basis of religion.

“Religious Positive Discrimination” is a project of the Discovery Institute — the people who concocted Intelligent Design and the “Wedge Document.” Everyone should be familiar with the “Wedge Document” that outlines the fundamentalist strategies to extend their influence over evolution, other sciences, literature, media, schools, medicine, universities, and all other things but utilizing the same tactics as Fabian socialists AKA Progressives.

Here’s one link to the Wedge document. It’s in it’s 4th printing in close to 15 years and can be found in the books of virtually all fundamentalist ministers and their many laymen.

Comment by Virge Steen — November 7, 2014 @ 9:46 pm - November 7, 2014

4. […] Gay Patriot shot me over to The Blaze’s article on this… good stuff, and I LOVE these two ladies. […]

Pingback by Two Freedom Loving Lesbians Women Stand Up To Gay Bullies | Religio-Political Talk (RPT) — November 8, 2014 @ 1:22 am - November 8, 2014

5. […] Gay Patriot shot me over to The Blaze’s article on this… good stuff, and I LOVE these two ladies. […]

Pingback by Two Lovely and Freedom Loving Lesbians Stand Up To Gay Bullies! | Religio-Political Talk (RPT) — November 8, 2014 @ 1:23 am - November 8, 2014

6. Gosh, Virge. Looks like us Catlicks are losing our conspiratorial edge.

Comment by tidbit — November 8, 2014 @ 6:30 am - November 8, 2014

7. I think T-shirt makers should be able to say no to designing anything they’re uncomfortable with-be it sexually explicit designs to gay pride.

Pretty sure the left would be backing a t-shirt designer who didn’t want to print an anti gay t-shirt or one for a white supremisist group.

I can’t remember now which blogger/editorialist it was but a few years ago wrote about bakers, photographers etc being exempt from public accomodation because what they do is art-well t-shirt makers also create art.

I’ve decided that if you’re in this kind of business and it appears now everyone is going to lose in these situations that business owners should make it clear that their profits will be donated to organizations that gays hate. Also, willing to bet this isn’t the only tshirt place in town and I’m starting to believe gays target these business to shut them down.

Comment by Just Me — November 8, 2014 @ 7:33 am - November 8, 2014

8. We should just bring back the right of freedom of association. Alas, the liberals know that no one wants to associate with them.

Comment by Southern Man — November 8, 2014 @ 9:39 am - November 8, 2014

9. But I would settle for a court system that views religious belief to be higher than vindictive nature when alternatives are available.

I don’t think that “religious belief” should be privileged over other matters of conscience — thus, a secular baker should in some circumstances be able to refuse the business of a secular customer whose worldview is abhorrent to the baker. In other words, the baker should not have to claim some sort of revealed divine sanction for his beliefs in order to obtain an exemption from the public-accommodation law.

To me, the point is that someone who produces “creative works to customer order” should be free to say: “I’d rather not take your commission, though I’d be perfectly happy to sell you undecorated cupcakes or blank T-shirts from inventory, etc.”

But I’m not a lawyer, so I don’t know to what extent the law addresses this angle.

Comment by Throbert McGee — November 8, 2014 @ 3:42 pm - November 8, 2014

10. Gee, thanks Virge.

And I’m sure for people who aren’t familiar with the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and how those were produced, disseminated and used, you might actually pass for a legitimate “concerned citizen”.

But knowing that yours is a common tactic of the anti-religious and bigoted left to smear and stereotype all religious believers, I call bullshit.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — November 8, 2014 @ 7:36 pm - November 8, 2014

11. What I don’t get is why both sides, on an individual basis, get worked up about this. If you’re LGBTQXYZ, don’t force yourself on a business that doesn’t want your business. And if you are homophobic, just say you are too busy/booked/understaffed to create a same-gender wedding cake, floral arrangement, pride t-shirts, whatever. Stop playing Norma Rae and the ensuing victim card.

Comment by RSG — November 8, 2014 @ 8:21 pm - November 8, 2014

12. RSG, becaue not agreeing with gay marriage does not make one ‘homophobic’ fucktard.

And why should they have to lie? Why do you want them forced into the closet.

Comment by The_Livewire — November 8, 2014 @ 9:00 pm - November 8, 2014

13. “Diane added, “We feel this really isn’t a gay or straight issue. This is a human issue. No one really should be forced to do something against what they believe in. It’s as simple as that, and we feel likewise.”

Why, that’s so crazy, it just might work!

Comment by alanstorm — November 8, 2014 @ 9:15 pm - November 8, 2014

14. . And if you are homophobic, just say you are too busy/booked/understaffed to create a same-gender wedding cake, floral arrangement, pride t-shirts, whatever.

Maybe because part of being a Christian is not lying.

Comment by V the K — November 9, 2014 @ 8:08 am - November 9, 2014

15. In the post-American Commonwealth, where I will be Consul, there will be no anti-“discrimination” laws. People will actually own their homes and businesses.

Comment by EssEm — November 9, 2014 @ 12:55 pm - November 9, 2014

16. Maybe because part of being a Christian is not lying.

Comment by V the K — November 9, 2014 @ 8:08 am – November 9, 2014

There is that (even though I know plenty of self-proclaimed Christians who lie and deceive rather well); but it seems like there are a lot of proprietors who are caught up in a fit of self-righteousness on such issues.

Not unlike the elderly mayor of a larger community in my state who wrote an op-ed in the local daily paper decrying the recent decision allowing SGM in the state saying that he was writing because sometimes you “need to take a stand”—while stressing that he wasn’t speaking as mayor, or for the city, or the council. Hmmm…you couldn’t just have written it as a private citizen? Or would that not provide the desired impact? (After all, it’s not like he’s being asked–or required–to perform any marriages.)

Comment by RSG — November 10, 2014 @ 2:33 am - November 10, 2014

17. Hey RSG, in your attempt to lie, why aren’t you attacking gay bigot couples who try to force others to bake cakes for them?

Answer: Because you’re a hypocrite and an anti-Christian bigot.

For someone whose LGBT community demands public pensions and accolades for racist toddler pron consumers, you haven’t any business attacking Christians’ morals. You are nothing more than a hypocrite who demands Christians and conservatives be hamstrung by rules you spit on.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — November 10, 2014 @ 12:43 pm - November 10, 2014

18. Oh NDT knock it off…go attack one of the real trolls who come on here and try to establish the unalienable right to a non-heteronormative society, no matter what the cost.

As previously stated, I think both sides go to extreme to establish their “correct” point of view. Meanwhile, they do neither teh gheys nor the Christians, respectively, any favors.

Comment by RSG — November 15, 2014 @ 1:53 am - November 15, 2014