According to the New Feminism, women are delicate and fragile creatures, so ruled by their emotions that the slightest offense will cause them to crumple and wither like a cut flower, if we are to believe such feminists as Rose Eveleth and Janet Stemwedel.
In support of this hypothesis, let us consider recent occasions in which feminists have made the case that the delicate sensibilities of women must be protected from anything that might give them the vapors.
- Women who might have considered a career in science will instead relegate themselves to jobs as schoolmarms and telephone operators because the sight of a man in an aloha with cartoon women on it will send them to the fainting couches.
- Suggesting that the word ‘Feminist’ be stricken from the language gives women a sad and those who suggested it must be made to grovel and apologize for shocking the delicate sensibilities of the womenfolk.
- Women’s emotions can be so upset by innocuous messages on Twitter that they will demand that constables descend and apprehend the miscreant and that the Twitter service appoint the Feminist equivalent of the Saudi Arabian Morality Police to monitor the content of tweets so that women don’t risk being upset by rancorous argument.
- If video games designed by women are criticized in any way, women will quit participating in the video game industry and probably become nuns.
- Women can also apparently be frightened by cartoon logos depicting aggressive dogs, which make them feel unsafe.
One must conclude that if the feminists are correct, then women are simply too emotionally fragile to participate in most aspects of modern life, and perhaps should stay home with the doors locked and the curtains drawn and let the menfolk handle the heavy stuff.