First of all, defending thugs like Mike Brown and Antonio Martin does not provide one’s movement a lot of moral authority to begin with. But it is safe to say that between the vandalism and the violence against the police that have come to characterize the #ThugsCan’tBreathe and #ThugLivesMatter movements have sapped any moral standing the protesters might have claimed.
- Two NYPD Cops murdered by a #ThugLivesMatter activists shortly after protesters were caught chanting “What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want it? Now?“
- Gleeful #ThugLivesMatter supporters celebrating the murder of two NYPD cops on social media.
- #Ferguson protest spokesman charged with arson.
- #ThugLivesMatter protesters attempting to disrupt Christmas Eve Church services.
- #ThugLivesMatter protesters trash Christmas decorations and smash windows in Oakland CA.
- Other protesters singing “Deck the halls with rows of dead cops.“
The Progressive Left likes to pretend that their outspoken and unconditional support for whatever the Progressive Left seems to be “Social Justice” is absolution for any and all moral shortcomings. The evil and obnoxiousness steaming from the #ThugLivesMatter movement show how hollow and ridiculous this moral preening really is.
Now, with Eric Garner, that was a legitimate thing to protest. Garner was far from innocent, but nobody should be choked to death for selling cigarettes either. So there was moral standing to protest the way he died. Then, they had to ruin it by murdering cops, shutting down traffic, and generally being dicks.
Why does the Left make heroes our of thugs like Mike Brown, Trayvon Martin, and Antonio Martin anyway? Can’t they find any Black teenagers doing good things to celebrate instead? And could they celebrate those youths without killing cops or trashing stores? #I’mJustAsking.
Also, did I mention that someone stole the workboots I sent my son as a Christmas gift from right off his front step on Christmas Eve?