Sarah Palin Calls Being Gay a “Lifestyle Choice”

Posted by V the K at 10:27 pm - January 23, 2015.
Filed under: Democrats & Double Standards

Yeah, I imagine this is really going to make the left angry. They will consider this a very ignorant statement. The long-held consensus is that being gay is neither a lifestyle nor a choice, they say. LGBT is a whole vasty culture. And a person’s sexuality is an innate part of that person, they will. “It’s genetic! Because Science!” they will cry, and call her an ignorant, bigoted chillbilly.

‘Cept it weren’t Mrs. Sarah Palin what said that, it were that there genius president, Barack Obama.

“I will tell you peoples’ hearts have opened up on this issue,” the president said during Thursday’s interview. “I think people know that treating folks unfairly, even if you disagree with their lifestyle choice, the fact of the matter is they’re not bothering you. Let them live their lives and under the law they should be treated equally.

Hat Tip Peter H.

1. I like Sarah Palin but it pisses me off when conservative politicians wonder off into the weeds like this.

They are certainly entitled to their opinion but there are issues, this is one, for which there is no political upside.

It’s in the same league as the MO senate candidate babbling on about “legitimate rape”. I suspect the man had a legitimate point in there somewhere but, regardless, there was nothing but bad and badder in it.

If pols want to stir the pot, they should at least make it count.

Comment by KCRob — January 23, 2015 @ 10:36 pm - January 23, 2015

2. ….except it wasn’t Palin who said that.

Comment by Kyle — January 23, 2015 @ 11:28 pm - January 23, 2015

3. Oops. Kyle’s comment informs me that I totally misread the blog post.

I will go crawl in my hole for a while.

Comment by KCRob — January 24, 2015 @ 12:31 am - January 24, 2015

4. Obama has misspoken.

But, what’s new.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — January 24, 2015 @ 3:08 am - January 24, 2015

5. Obviously, you don’t understand NUANCE!

Comment by alanstorm — January 24, 2015 @ 7:45 am - January 24, 2015

6. […] Written by GayPatriot […]

Pingback by Sarah Palin Calls Being Gay a “Lifestyle Choice” - Citizens News — January 24, 2015 @ 8:49 am - January 24, 2015

7. Like Nature vs. Nuture, I’m willing to give positively-inclined leaders a pass on using “Lifestyle” since it’s more nuanced than-say blue vs. brown eyes.

Nature/science/biology/whatever may drive “being gay”, but factors like being out vs. closeted, discrete vs. being a flaming queen, having kids, etc… do include decisions on how you live your live — and how others perceive you. As men with free-will, we are not just-slaves to our biology, we do make choices.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — January 24, 2015 @ 10:17 am - January 24, 2015

8. Right, Ted. An individual living life responsibly goes a long way towards acceptance of that individual.

Comment by Richard Bell — January 24, 2015 @ 10:38 am - January 24, 2015

9. I think the problem here is folks are differentiating between being gay and the popular conception of the gay ‘lifestyle’ of sex, drugs, sex, rock-n-roll and sex. We are responsible for the latter even if most of us don’t necessarily participate in such.

Comment by BigJ — January 24, 2015 @ 10:46 am - January 24, 2015

10. If it is genetic than being pro choice means supporting selectively aborting gay fetus, which would wipe out gays in the 1st world. One of the fun things about being gay is others auto assume you are leftist is you can argue issues in a way that horrifies leftists.

In leftist circles I tell a story about how I got a republican to rethink abortion. I go on about how women on the right wont have abortions even if its available & lefty women destroy their fertility by having them, so all the republicans have to do is wait and they can outbreed the other side. Abortion lets women on the left party until no man is interested in wifeing them up. I end it by pointing out that in Israel only the religious/conservatives are breeding & they are smart enough not to let the Soros worshiping Jews touch their kids minds.

Comment by Steve — January 24, 2015 @ 12:06 pm - January 24, 2015

11. If it is genetic than being pro choice means supporting selectively aborting gay fetus, which would wipe out gays in the 1st world. One of the fun things about being gay is others auto assume you are leftist is you can argue issues in a way that horrifies leftists.

Comment by Steve — January 24, 2015 @ 12:07 pm - January 24, 2015

12. the popular conception of the gay ‘lifestyle’ of sex, drugs, sex, really crappy thumpa-thumpa disco shit music and sex

FIFY

Comment by V the K — January 24, 2015 @ 12:25 pm - January 24, 2015

13. “. . . the fact of the matter is they’re not bothering you.”

If I want to choose my own doctor, or healthcare plan, (or no plan), I’m not bothering you. If I register Republican, I’m not bothering you. If I want to save for my child’s education in a tax-free account, I’m not bothering you. If I want to enjoy financial success, I’m not bothering you, Yet under this Administration the Feds and Progressives have interfered with or downright persecuted people in all those groups. We’d all be a lot happier if Obama and Co. would stop bothering us.

Comment by Blair Ivey — January 24, 2015 @ 5:19 pm - January 24, 2015

14. Is this any different than the Mozilla officer (I forget his position) who donated money to a cause that held the same views Obama did in 2008? The man was driven from office for it — somehow, magically, mystically, Obama got a pass, though.

Again.

Why, it’s as if but for Double Standards, the Left has no standards at all!

Comment by acethepug — January 25, 2015 @ 7:33 am - January 25, 2015

15. Sarah Palin oftenmakes some very intelligent statements and observations. But gay lifestyle being a choice is not one of them. Anita Bryant used to say the same thing in Billy Graham’s crusades, until her twin sons came out “gay.”

Comment by Roberto — January 25, 2015 @ 12:52 pm - January 25, 2015

16. Tsk, tsk. Roberto didn’t read the whole post. Put the “Cone of Shame” on him.

Comment by Juan — January 25, 2015 @ 9:19 pm - January 25, 2015

17. Juan, you’re right and you’re wrong. I did misread the post, but Sarah has on various occasions said it is a choice. Her best friend for thirty years is a lesbian that she loves dearly ” not my gay friend but my best friend, who happens to have made a choice that isn’t a choice that I have made.”

Comment by Roberto — January 26, 2015 @ 12:19 pm - January 26, 2015