Feminism Becomes Infantile

Posted by V the K at 8:47 pm - March 22, 2015.
Filed under: Gay PC Silliness

Brown University allowed a debate on campus between shrill feminist Jessica Valenti (a loathsome misandrist known for wearing a T-shirt bragging that she “bathes in men’s tears.”) and Wendy McElroy, a libertarian on the subject of whether college campuses are really the dangerous rape zones feminists make them out to be. The campus feminists and administrators became hysterical, thinking about all the trauma that would be inflicted on college chicks when they heard a woman express skepticism toward feminist “Rape Culture” dogma. How could they comfort the poor dears?

This is what they came up with:

[S]tudent volunteers put up posters advertising that a “safe space” would be available for anyone who found the debate too upsetting.

The safe space, Ms. Byron explained, was intended to give people who might find comments “troubling” or “triggering,” a place to recuperate. The room was equipped with cookies, coloring books, bubbles, Play-Doh, calming music, pillows, blankets and a video of frolicking puppies, as well as students and staff members trained to deal with trauma. Emma Hall, a junior, rape survivor and “sexual assault peer educator” who helped set up the room and worked in it during the debate, estimates that a couple of dozen people used it. At one point she went to the lecture hall — it was packed — but after a while, she had to return to the safe space. “I was feeling bombarded by a lot of viewpoints that really go against my dearly and closely held beliefs,” Ms. Hall said.

1. I swear to god that if I were a hiring manager, I’d jump through every hoop to avoid hiring anyone attending one of these schools. These poor things would be impossible as employees.

No wonder business lusts for more H-1B visas.

Comment by KCRob — March 22, 2015 @ 8:53 pm - March 22, 2015

2. The more of these articles I read, the more I understand these people’s fear of guns. They think everyone is as unstable as they are and the idea that one of “them” would have a firearm scares them to death… Seriously, Play-Doh? These people are in college?

Comment by TnnsNe1 — March 22, 2015 @ 8:58 pm - March 22, 2015

3. Hey, parents, you know how you saved and sacrificed and built up a college fund so your kids could attend one of these prestigious universities, get a quality education and learn to excel at life?

Sucks to be you. 🙁

Comment by Wraith — March 22, 2015 @ 10:04 pm - March 22, 2015

4. There’ll be a lot more “safe rooms” in today’s America, what with over-discussion of social issues & maudlin displays over everyone that dies, with flowers & teddy bears on the side of the road.

If you ask me, this all started with the sea of cheap flowers outside Kensington Palace after Princess Diana bit the dust.

Comment by Marc — March 22, 2015 @ 11:36 pm - March 22, 2015

5. It’s times like these when I wished a gender wage gap really existed. These harpies don’t deserve to be paid the same as men.

Comment by Paul — March 23, 2015 @ 12:18 am - March 23, 2015

6. Wow. And I thought the final days of Rome were decadent. We’re raising a generation of borderline psychotics. Their ideology is disconnected from reality; now they are, too.

Comment by Blair Ivey — March 23, 2015 @ 12:58 am - March 23, 2015

7. “Poor feminists, they really are not emotionally equipped to deal with the big scary world. Maybe they should stay at home in the kitchen… where no one can hurt them.”

ROFLMAO

Comment by rjligier — March 23, 2015 @ 3:24 am - March 23, 2015

8. […] Written by GayPatriot […]

Pingback by Feminism Becomes Infantile - Citizens News — March 23, 2015 @ 3:49 am - March 23, 2015

9. The room was equipped with cookies, coloring books, bubbles, Play-Doh, calming music, pillows, blankets and a video of frolicking puppies…

O.M.G.
    Sounds like the classroom where I used to help take care of the preschool children at our Presbyterian Church while their parents attended service back when I was in High School. That was for pre-K children ages 3-5, not Ivy League young adults being prepared to be our Nation’s next leaders. We have created a generation of precious snowflakes…

Robert A. Heinlein was right.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — March 23, 2015 @ 3:52 am - March 23, 2015

10. As a woman these types of things bother me. T basically paints women into weak, wilting flowers who can’t even tolerate debate without going into vapors.

Women are stronger than this and Inwould rather see a message of that strength than this wilting flower crap.

Comment by Just Me — March 23, 2015 @ 7:09 am - March 23, 2015

11. My cat became very upset reading this. The idea that puppies are cute, but kittens are not tears at what she believes deeply. She’s setting up a safe room for herself, where she can (hopefully) recover from this speciesist felinexclusionist slap in the face. THANKS A LOT GUYS!!

Comment by John — March 23, 2015 @ 11:19 am - March 23, 2015

12. Seriously, when I saw the “frolicking puppies” mentioned, I started laughing at myself for falling for this parody.

Comment by John — March 23, 2015 @ 11:23 am - March 23, 2015

13. I thought bathing in men’s tears meant semen.

Comment by Steve — March 23, 2015 @ 1:51 pm - March 23, 2015